Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Plantsim Challenge is Boring : (

2...Next

Comments

• TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    I remember watching TheSimSupply. It took him around an hour and a half or so, he said. Though he spent a portion of the initial time playing prior to updating it (thinking he had already, lol). I haven't tried it yet, but I'm interested in it if only because I wanna get the stuff to make a store for it for my Sims to buy the stuff later if they want.

Yes, that's exactly how I play too. Anything that my day-to-day sims don't do can be purchased at a shop. I use Maxis sims to do the store collection. I started it last year when the last Easter challenge was formed.

I had to repair my game--but repairing seemed to be just reinstalling my entire game :unamused: and then I had to set up a player so that took about an hour. So it took me 1-2 hours just to only get 2 unique seeds. I don't like just standing around waiting for plantsims to come by... it's boring, but like you... I want the store feature. I think I'll just cheat if I want those seeds.

Have you tried that small park in Oasis Springs? The one where the townies have that short walk on either end by the highway?

I've found that back in the Day of the Dead challenge, it was easy to get the proper NPCs to show up there. It was also a good place to test the Teen Hangout lot trait, as that applies to teen walkbys too. That's where I'm gonna go for plantsims anyways. :)
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    @SimGuruDrake -- this isn't game feedback! I prefaced it with saying I didn't like the challenge, but the point of this post was to find out if the challenge was worth sticking to and to hear about its positive points. I assumed that players here would share the benefits of the challenge and motivate me to play. How was I supposed to know that other players in this forum were bored stiff like me? :unamused:

Are threads still getting buried that aren't praise for the game?! I thought we were past that. :-1:

Whatever... I just won't waste my time with this challenge.
    Maybe the moderators don't consider this a graveyard. I know I don't ;)

Well it ticks me off because now players playing the challenge who enjoy it won't see my post or share their game play ideas which is all I was asking for... how is that feedback?! :angry:

Meh. I just figured the way I was playing the challenge wasn't the best way because all my sim does is go to lots asking for seeds and it took me around 2-3 hours of real time playing to get 2 unique seeds... so boring! But plant sims are the only supernatural sims that I would consider playing (in a separate save) and I had hoped that there were more benefits to the challenge then just being able to create plant sims--or at least a more fun way to go about doing the challenge than just lot hopping.
    Yes, I do understand your frustration ;) I was rather referring to the threads getting burried remark in general. This section is pretty vivid. I can understand you don't want this particular topic here though.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • joleacojoleaco Posts: 2,250 Member
    I liked this challenge. The household I was playing finished it in just over 2 sim days. I found most of the beans from plantsims walking by their house (Newcrest), the others, one each in Windenberg and one of the parks (can't remember which one).
    YmWXbP5.jpg?1
  • CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    edited April 2017
    i thought it was relatively fun. didn't take me much longer than 15 minutes either. I used a master vampire to do it though, but i've heard of people finishing it quickly without cheats or vampire powers as well so..

none of the events in this game have really been interesting to me. That's not to blame EA or anything, I think it's just the nature of having events in a game like the sims. I just do them for the collection
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Simsister2004Simsister2004 Posts: 3,536 Member
    I really enjoyed last year's Easter challenge, but maybe that was because I was collecting things back then. This year's plantsim challenge is really boring and annoying and I kind of want to just cheat because my sim does nothing but visit lots wait around for sims to walk by to ask for seeds. With growfruit and eggs it kind of felt like my sim was in control of their adventure (planting, cultivating, finding eggs as they gardened searched for other collectibles)

Has anyone completed the challenge? Is it worth sticking it out? I only have 2 seeds (the third is duplicate) but I'm not sure if I want to bother anymore :unamused: Would love to hear the benefits as I may want to add these seeds to a store.

I have enjoyed it, and I think I got the most out of it. So to me it was a bit too easy. But now I have some marvellous big new trees for my sims to visit, and the special "forbidden fruit" palm. The whole challenge reminds me most of the grow fruit challenge, which I also enjoyed so much. (Happy owner of some fine plantsims).

How long did it take you to get the seeds for the tree? I am interested in the tree.

When you have collected all the beans, you plant them in the trunk. You water them and the big tree grows immediately. Then your sim can visit "some place" inside the tree and mostly the first time they come out with the forbidden fruit. then they can plant it like any other plant and get the palmtree and harvest forbidden fruit forever and become plantsims.
  • ByondTime89ByondTime89 Posts: 1,505 Member
    edited April 2017
    I don't think I mind it, the idea behind it is pretty cool. Wish the PlantSims looked a little prettier though, like Poison Ivy style. They're a little plain and boring and they all look the same. It, like most of the challenges, is pretty easy and I was able to do it right from my home lot in a short amount of time. Which I like, you don't really need to go anyway. Your Sims can go about their lives and all you gotta do is keep an eye on the Sims that pass by. If they're PlantSims with the aura you need, jump 'em, otherwise ignore 'em.

I actually kinda hope to see a PlantSim, definitely more detailed like the Vampires, in future packs whether it's Super Natural or even the Eco pack :o ! Because, yeah as is they're kinda boring and I hate that it's only a temporary thing. I'd love little Leafy babies~
    Gallery & Origin ID: ByondTime89
  • AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member
    i didn't even call jasmine and one of my legacy sims is now a plantsim. i have no intrest in this challenge and theres no way to turn her back .

sorry for the rant. i discovered her a few minutes ago while playing in her sons house.

i fixed it.i think my mods glitched for a minute, restrting helped

So there are no plantsims unless you call Jasmine, yes? That way players who don't play the challenge don't have to have green sims walking around the game? Please confirm as I'm deleting my saved game that I was doing the challenge in and going back to my regular game. If there are plant sim townies auto generating, then I may just wait until the challenge is over before I play TS4 at all.

I've seen many a plantsim and I never bothered to call Jasmine. She also can't seem to stay away from my house, but I drag the kids inside and don't let them interact with the apparent stalker.
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,541 Member
    Yes, I have seen plantsims too and have not called Jasmine as I have no intention of even starting this challenge.

Too bad about them moving your thread. I've had them do that to me a few times and could do nothing about it, it's annoying. A sims 3 discussion I started ended up dying a death after it was moved to Off Topic, yet I had been talking about the sims 3 in the sims 3 forum. So... who knows why these things happen?
  • TheBuffster73TheBuffster73 Posts: 201 Member
    Darn I just started a thread on the plantsim challenge I havent called jasmine and there are sooo many green people :/ really hoping they turn back after this challenge is over.
    If the Apocalypse comes beep me
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    I missed all the egg hunts :'(
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • ehaught58ehaught58 Posts: 2,765 Member
    @SimGuruDrake -- this isn't game feedback! I prefaced it with saying I didn't like the challenge, but the point of this post was to find out if the challenge was worth sticking to and to hear about its positive points. I assumed that players here would share the benefits of the challenge and motivate me to play. How was I supposed to know that other players in this forum were bored stiff like me? :unamused:

Are threads still getting buried that aren't praise for the game?! I thought we were past that. :-1:

Whatever... I just won't waste my time with this challenge.

@nanashi-sims I have the same problem with threads getting moved. There are so many categories that sometimes I think my thread could fit in 2 or 3 of them. Too confusing.
    About the challenge. I do not like doing the challenges, so I just use the cheat bb.showhiddenobjects to get them so I can use them in my builds. I wish they would hurry up and gives us the new build tools that they have been promising... I am so bored with this game! UGH!
    fkgck4xkargo.png
    "If you build it, they will come." - Movie: Field of Dreams
  • GruffmanGruffman Posts: 4,831 Member
    I don't mind the challenge so much in itself. But for me, it is too flawed.

-My vampire can't be a plantsim. But NPC vampires can be turned into plantsims for the game purposes to collect the seeds from.
    -The magic fruit of the plantsim counts for a plant collection. So once the contest is over, the symbol will remain. For those who are trying to complete the collection of all gathered plants, I would say do the part now, cause after the event there should be no more seeds, unless you enter a cheat.
    -It is a temporary life state, with one hairstyle ... why?
    Vampires not being able to become plantsims is not strange, you can't be two supernaturals at the same time in this game (hybrid).
    5JZ57S6.png
  • GruffmanGruffman Posts: 4,831 Member
    edited April 2017
    You can if your an NPC ... there are smoking plant sims fixing to burst into flames. If it is available to NPC sims vampire/plant sim hybrids walking around the park, it should be available to all.
    Gruffman wrote: »
    You can if your an NPC ... there are smoking plant sims fixing to burst into flames. If it is available to NPC sims vampire/plant sim hybrids walking around the park, it should be available to all.
    Oh! Didn't know that - and didn't read your comment properly, sorry - I think that's cool! But indeed strange it's for NPC's only then.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Noree_DoreeNoree_Doree Posts: 1,470 Member
    I'm not even doing the challenge. I thought it was weird...

same here... Then again I wasnt a fan of them in previous iterations... I do feel its a bit unfair to bring them as a challenge and not permanently for people who do want them. Then again maybe they will after the challenge.
    "Bada su the gorn bada su the brawn bada bady oda aba donk donk donk gerbits gerbits vo gerbits".
  • ShadowmarkedShadowmarked Posts: 1,054 Member
    edited May 2017
    I finished the challenge and up loaded the tree to the gallery so I (or anyone else) could grab it easily without doing it again or for when the challenge ends.
    I actually am bother by the fact they do these challenges once and then all the content is locked with out mods if you move on to a new save.

I found the challenge personally really dull. I didn't leave my immediate neighborhood and just sat and Waited for plant Sims to pass by my house. When I saw one I would spam them with socials to get them into the right mood and then take a seed. It was just really repetitive to me and getting them into the sad or uncomfortable mood was a hassle. Eventually I used my toddler to throw a tantrum at any passing plants to get the uncomfortable moodlet and I stuck a sad painting on the front of my house and talked to a plant sim on the front porch in front of it for the sad one.

If you like manipulating the emotions of npc Sims then maybe you will maybe like the challenge.
    BeJaWa wrote: »
    I finished the challenge and up loaded the tree to the gallery so I (or anyone else) could grab it easily without doing it again or for when the challenge ends.
    I actually am bother by the fact they do these challenges once and then all the content is locked with out mods if you move on to a new save.

I found the challenge personally really dull. I didn't leave my immediate neighborhood and just sat and Waited for plant Sims to pass by my house. When I saw one I would spam them with socials to get them into the right mood and then take a seed. It was just really repetitive to me and getting them into the sad or uncomfortable mood was a hassle. Eventually I used my toddler to throw a tantrum at any passing plants to get the uncomfortable moodlet and I stuck a sad painting on the front of my house and talked to a plant sim on the front porch in front of it for the sad one.

If you like manipulating the emotions of npc Sims then maybe you will maybe like the challenge.
    lol :D
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Simberella777Simberella777 Posts: 480 Member
    @feetinstockings The 5000 simoleans they receive is just a bonus for completing the challenge. I just consider it a payback for the time my Sim had to spend collecting beans!