Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Plantsim Challenge is Boring : (

I really enjoyed last year's Easter challenge, but maybe that was because I was collecting things back then. This year's plantsim challenge is really boring and annoying and I kind of want to just cheat because my sim does nothing but visit lots wait around for sims to walk by to ask for seeds. With growfruit and eggs it kind of felt like my sim was in control of their adventure (planting, cultivating, finding eggs as they gardened searched for other collectibles)

Has anyone completed the challenge? Is it worth sticking it out? I only have 2 seeds (the third is duplicate) but I'm not sure if I want to bother anymore :unamused: Would love to hear the benefits as I may want to add these seeds to a store.

Comments

• Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    I started it, waited ages for plant sims, went looking for plant sims. Found 2. Got two seeds and then gave up. There is no incentive for me to turn my sims into a half baked plant sim. If the plant sims were halfway decent I might have bothered. I haven't played the game since the first day of the challenge.
  • Options
    WyrrenWyrren Posts: 724 Member
    I know what you mean. I made a new save to play with plant sims, but no plant sims are there! So, I cheated.

mHtM22p.png

I really recommend these mods (if you use mods) to make them more interesting.

Revamped Plantsims : https://simsworkshop.net/resources/revamped-plantsims-mod.2948/
    More Powers/Interactions: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=593202
    Origin ID: Wyrren
  • Options
    I8PIKACHUI8PIKACHU Posts: 572 Member
    Agreed. Some good mechanics but not much of a revelation. The new two trees are interesting, though.
    soul-glo.gif
    Let your soul shine through.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,562 Member
    I'm really not a 'collector' and so I pretty much stay away from these types of challenges. I do like the 'Fabrege Eggs', though, so that was okay. But I never got the two new ones, because I didn't wish to spend my gaming sessions having my Sims run around trying to find them. They (and I) have better things to do.

So, it was odd to have my Sims' mother stomp by the front of her house. And she was all green! I had her go out to greet her Mom, to Share Big News, and to try to cheer Mom up. She ended up with some kind of sad seed. :open_mouth: I tried to have her plant it, just for grins and giggles, but you can't simply drag it out of the inventory to the planter box. What the heck am I supposed to do with that which I did not want? I hate the fact that bills are based off of (of all things) the stuff in our Sims' inventories. How much will her family be charged for this unwanted delight? Oi!
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    JaseJase Posts: 2,147 Member
    I also agree...
    While it's a neat idea, it really wasn't executed that well. The Plantsims could at least have the vines on their bodies (like the above mod) and a little more of a motive change. Plus, the challenge was a little bit too easy to complete. I just had my sim go to the same gardening locations in a previous challenge and chat with all the Plantsims spawned. I had it completed in an hour and half... a bit underwhelming.
  • Options
    feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    edited April 2017
    I started again, but this time I'm not having my sim eat the fruit. I'm just going to use the portal to get collections. took about 4 sim days to get all the magic beans. I agree it is one of the most boring ones, I enjoyed the egg challenge better.
    just a quick question, when they completed the beans collection grew the tree and went to explore, their house hold funds went up 5000 simoleans, does anyone know why???
  • Options
    ElenaBoleynElenaBoleyn Posts: 1,084 Member
    edited April 2017
    I'm not even doing the challenge. I thought it was weird...
    tumblr_ngslmgsCVw1rsntc8o4_250.gif
  • Options
    iMickeyNikkiiMickeyNikki Posts: 43 Member
    I did the challenge. But ended up cheating to get the last two! It bothers me that I can only find plant sims during the day! Having to find or get them into the right mood seems to be pretty challenging a lot of the time as well!
    My Youtube Channel youtube.com/c/yohosimmer
  • Options
    JaseJase Posts: 2,147 Member
    @iMickeyNikki I found that the Plantsim tended to mimic what my sim's mood was at the time of their conversation. So, when my sim was playful after a couple interactions the Plantsim seemed to be as well and would give me the corresponding seed.
  • Options
    iMickeyNikkiiMickeyNikki Posts: 43 Member
    Jase wrote: »
    @iMickeyNikki I found that the Plantsim tended to mimic what my sim's mood was at the time of their conversation. So, when my sim was playful after a couple interactions the Plantsim seemed to be as well and would give me the corresponding seed.

Thanks for the tip! I will have to try that out with one of my other families!
    My Youtube Channel youtube.com/c/yohosimmer
  • Options
    MonaveilMonaveil Posts: 652 Member
    I finished the challenge with my main households and plan to start it with a Vampire household later today. The challenge didn't take a lot time to complete and I like that big tree with the portal.

I liked the decorated egg hunt last year. I had thought that my newest households would be able to complete that collection this year. Maybe the event was changed to something else because people complained that it took too long to complete the collection and they got too many repeats of the same eggs.

I do like that big tree, even if it does take up a lot of space.
  • Options
    nanashi-simsnanashi-sims Posts: 4,140 Member
    @SimGuruDrake -- this isn't game feedback! I prefaced it with saying I didn't like the challenge, but the point of this post was to find out if the challenge was worth sticking to and to hear about its positive points. I assumed that players here would share the benefits of the challenge and motivate me to play. How was I supposed to know that other players in this forum were bored stiff like me? :unamused:

Are threads still getting buried that aren't praise for the game?! I thought we were past that. :-1:

Whatever... I just won't waste my time with this challenge.

• Options
    TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    I'm really not a 'collector' and so I pretty much stay away from these types of challenges. I do like the 'Fabrege Eggs', though, so that was okay. But I never got the two new ones, because I didn't wish to spend my gaming sessions having my Sims run around trying to find them. They (and I) have better things to do.

So, it was odd to have my Sims' mother stomp by the front of her house. And she was all green! I had her go out to greet her Mom, to Share Big News, and to try to cheer Mom up. She ended up with some kind of sad seed. :open_mouth: I tried to have her plant it, just for grins and giggles, but you can't simply drag it out of the inventory to the planter box. What the heck am I supposed to do with that which I did not want? I hate the fact that bills are based off of (of all things) the stuff in our Sims' inventories. How much will her family be charged for this unwanted delight? Oi!

Call up Jasmine Holiday and talk to her to officially 'start' the challenge. She'll give you a tree stump in your inventory that you can put on the ground, and then put that 'sad seed'/egg onto that. She'll tell you there are other 'emotion' seeds/eggs you can get from the plantsims to complete the collection. Once you do, the tree stump grows into a full tree that you can explore for random goodies.

One of the goodies is the forbidden fruit (I think that's what it's called). Plant that to make a forbidden fruit tree. Then when that grows up you can harvest more fruit from it. If your Sim eats that fruit, they'll turn into a plantsim for 5 sim days. Just eat the fruit again to keep them that way.
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    @SimGuruDrake -- this isn't game feedback! I prefaced it with saying I didn't like the challenge, but the point of this post was to find out if the challenge was worth sticking to and to hear about its positive points. I assumed that players here would share the benefits of the challenge and motivate me to play. How was I supposed to know that other players in this forum were bored stiff like me? :unamused:

Are threads still getting buried that aren't praise for the game?! I thought we were past that. :-1:

Maybe the moderators don't consider this a graveyard. I know I don't ;)
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    i didn't even call jasmine and one of my legacy sims is now a plantsim. i have no intrest in this challenge and theres no way to turn her back .

sorry for the rant. i discovered her a few minutes ago while playing in her sons house.
  • Options
    JoAnne65 wrote: »

Maybe the moderators don't consider this a graveyard. I know I don't ;)

Well it ticks me off because now players playing the challenge who enjoy it won't see my post or share their game play ideas which is all I was asking for... how is that feedback?! :angry:

Meh. I just figured the way I was playing the challenge wasn't the best way because all my sim does is go to lots asking for seeds and it took me around 2-3 hours of real time playing to get 2 unique seeds... so boring! But plant sims are the only supernatural sims that I would consider playing (in a separate save) and I had hoped that there were more benefits to the challenge then just being able to create plant sims--or at least a more fun way to go about doing the challenge than just lot hopping.
  • Options
    i didn't even call jasmine and one of my legacy sims is now a plantsim. i have no intrest in this challenge and theres no way to turn her back .

sorry for the rant. i discovered her a few minutes ago while playing in her sons house.

i fixed it.i think my mods glitched for a minute, restrting helped

• Options

So there are no plantsims unless you call Jasmine, yes? That way players who don't play the challenge don't have to have green sims walking around the game? Please confirm as I'm deleting my saved game that I was doing the challenge in and going back to my regular game. If there are plant sim townies auto generating, then I may just wait until the challenge is over before I play TS4 at all.
  • Options
    Simsister2004Simsister2004 Posts: 3,536 Member
    I really enjoyed last year's Easter challenge, but maybe that was because I was collecting things back then. This year's plantsim challenge is really boring and annoying and I kind of want to just cheat because my sim does nothing but visit lots wait around for sims to walk by to ask for seeds. With growfruit and eggs it kind of felt like my sim was in control of their adventure (planting, cultivating, finding eggs as they gardened searched for other collectibles)

Has anyone completed the challenge? Is it worth sticking it out? I only have 2 seeds (the third is duplicate) but I'm not sure if I want to bother anymore :unamused: Would love to hear the benefits as I may want to add these seeds to a store.

I have enjoyed it, and I think I got the most out of it. So to me it was a bit too easy. But now I have some marvellous big new trees for my sims to visit, and the special "forbidden fruit" palm. The whole challenge reminds me most of the grow fruit challenge, which I also enjoyed so much. (Happy owner of some fine plantsims).
  • Options

I have enjoyed it, and I think I got the most out of it. So to me it was a bit too easy. But now I have some marvellous big new trees for my sims to visit, and the special "forbidden fruit" palm. The whole challenge reminds me most of the grow fruit challenge, which I also enjoyed so much. (Happy owner of some fine plantsims).

How long did it take you to get the seeds for the tree? I am interested in the tree.
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member

So there are no plantsims unless you call Jasmine, yes? That way players who don't play the challenge don't have to have green sims walking around the game? Please confirm as I'm deleting my saved game that I was doing the challenge in and going back to my regular game. If there are plant sim townies auto generating, then I may just wait until the challenge is over before I play TS4 at all.

I've had plant sims without calling Jasmine, I don't have mods in that game.
  • Options

yes unless you call jasmine you shouldn't see them. but i don't getupset about nothing for a minute i had them. i didn't call jasmine at all because plants and vampires always die in my game so i never even attempted the challenge.i updated my mods today maybe that broke it for aminute.
  • Options
    Erica87Erica87 Posts: 743 Member
    I really wanted plantsims to have vines. And I was a tad bit disappointed that it just turned random sims into plantsims, whether it fit their personality or not.
    CURRENTLY PLAYING: Forum mafias & Minecraft, mainly.
    Taking a break from the sims for a while!
  • Options
    TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    I remember watching TheSimSupply. It took him around an hour and a half or so, he said. Though he spent a portion of the initial time playing prior to updating it (thinking he had already, lol). I haven't tried it yet, but I'm interested in it if only because I wanna get the stuff to make a store for it for my Sims to buy the stuff later if they want.
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • Options
    I remember watching TheSimSupply. It took him around an hour and a half or so, he said. Though he spent a portion of the initial time playing prior to updating it (thinking he had already, lol). I haven't tried it yet, but I'm interested in it if only because I wanna get the stuff to make a store for it for my Sims to buy the stuff later if they want.

Yes, that's exactly how I play too. Anything that my day-to-day sims don't do can be purchased at a shop. I use Maxis sims to do the store collection. I started it last year when the last Easter challenge was formed.

I had to repair my game--but repairing seemed to be just reinstalling my entire game :unamused: and then I had to set up a player so that took about an hour. So it took me 1-2 hours just to only get 2 unique seeds. I don't like just standing around waiting for plantsims to come by... it's boring, but like you... I want the store feature. I think I'll just cheat if I want those seeds.