Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Most of Sims are of foreign origin since CL[solved] by uninstalling CL

Comments

• Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    keekee53 wrote: »
    This also wouldn't bother me as much if I had a delete all unplayed household button. Clicking on each household and deleting them one by one is also driving me bananas.

I personally don't have a problem with the racial appearance of any of my unplayed sims, or the names, though the clothing is frequently hideous. I agree that a "delete all unplayed sims" button would be handy for when I want to have a world with only my played families and necessary NPCs in it.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • NectereNectere Posts: 1,002 Member
    I would be super happy with a stop generating townies button also. I prefer to make my own population (dl them from the gallery)
    Mods should enhance my game, not fix it.
    Origin ID NectereSim
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    edited April 2017
    I've just tried to get a name for my Chinese sim and cannot get any first names suitable. They are all Johns, Eds, Reubens and all western names etc., etc. I did manage to get a Chen surname after about 20 tries. I must have a different set of names than the rest of you. (I've got all the packs). After 50 tries got a 🐸🐸🐸🐸 and a Tang surnames that's all.

Clothes selection also major western type also.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Mchap353 wrote: »
    I've just tried to get a name for my Chinese sim and cannot get any first names suitable. They are all Johns, Eds, Reubens and all western names etc., etc. I did manage to get a Chen surname after about 20 tries. I must have a different set of names than the rest of you. (I've got all the packs). After 50 tries got a plum and a Tang surnames that's all.

Clothes selection also major western type also.

Online random name generator? https://www.behindthename.com/random/
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    @luthienrising Thanks for that. I've bookmarked it.

Chang Chou sounds like a good start!
  • JadeleineJadeleine Posts: 2,140 Member
    Well...this is what I do to my poor townies...lol :D. Because well purple and pink is one of my favorite colors. Most of my male townies have mustaches and beards for some reason and I do not like mustaches. But...I do not wan´t to upset the lord of the mustaches of mustache community so for now some of them are lucky and I let them keep the mustaches.

33875941820_f53a3df8ff_b.jpg

34219399496_dcc3f687cc_b.jpg
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited April 2017
    ts1depot wrote: »
    I'd like to thank @Cinebar and @LuvMySimz for cyberstalking me in my other thread. Not only did you reveal your true nature, the fact that the two of you magically appear "in tandem" suggests that you're really one person using sock accounts.

Word of advice, if you want to cover your tracks in using a sock, have the intelligence to at least space your posts apart. Don't post as Sock A, Sock B, Sock A, B, A, B, A. It's a huge giveaway.

Madame, I can assure you I have only one account. It's easily proved by EA by looking at my IP. I don't play those type childish games, I'm not afraid to speak my mind and don't need 'two' accounts. I didn't stalk you in the other thread. I simply ask you why not post some wrestlers or those guys in CL who run around without shirts and the green top hat, which is a stereotype of the Irish St. Pat day lucky hat.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Nomiko13Nomiko13 Posts: 1,497 Member
    edited April 2017
    Oh my lord. Just when I thought this community couldn't get any more cringe inducing, I see this thread and responses. My eyes are rolled as far as they can ever go on this topic.

Also, if you feel compelled to save face by saying, "I'm not racist, but....." the remainder of what you're about to say will contradict that more than likely. Plus, you already created this suspicion by even bringing it up.

but10.png

You could've left out that there's too many "dark skin" and Asian sims. Also, saying "I'm sorry you feel that way" is abusive as heck and just plain gross! It turns the responsibility on the hurt person when your poorly worded OP and a few more of your responses to valid anger and sadness over blatant Eurocentrism present in this whole thread is the culprit. The lack of compassion and accountability is just baffling. I truly am just astonished.
    ▼add/follow▼
    ●【youtube】【 sims 3 page】【gallery】●

mario_10.jpg
    ●|| free items | daily deals | cascades |thank you ||●
    ▲still waiting on sims 4 generations▲
    ▶owner of the store since 9/21/2017◀
    edited April 2017
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Nomiko13 wrote: »
    Oh my lord. Just when I thought this community couldn't get any more cringe inducing, I see this thread and responses. My eyes are rolled as far as they can ever go on this topic.

Also, if you feel compelled to save face by saying, "I'm not racist, but....." the remainder of what you're about to say will contradict that more than likely. Plus, you already created this suspicion by even bringing it up.

but10.png

You could've left out that there's too many "dark skin" and Asian sims. Also, saying "I'm sorry you feel that way" is abusive as heck and just plain gross! It turns the responsibility on the hurt person when your poorly worded OP and a few more of your responses to valid anger and sadness over blatant Eurocentrism present in this whole thread is the culprit. The lack of compassion and accountability is just baffling. I truly am just astonished.

Do you have any compassion for players whose games are spamming all the CL names and no base game names anymore? No matter what townie gets generated in any world they have the CL names. Should you have compassion for those who feel maybe the game is broken? Or do you want to apply real life to a video game that is actually a bug in the name generator?

I am solely focusing on the wording of the OP and the dismissive remarks to valid reactions. This isn't about applying "real life" to a videogame. But sure, let's cosign and completely ignore the utterly blatant disregard for underhanded discriminatory rhetoric in the guise of "free speech" all for the sake of a precious game over actual people's feelings.
    ▼add/follow▼

mario_10.jpg

but10.png

Do you have any compassion for players whose games are spamming all the CL names and no base game names anymore? No matter what townie gets generated in any world they have the CL names. Should you have compassion for those who feel maybe the game is broken? Or do you want to apply real life to a video game that is actually a bug in the name generator?

I am solely focusing on the wording of the OP and the dismissive remarks to valid reactions. This isn't about applying "real life" to a videogame. But sure, let's cosign and completely ignore the utterly blatant disregard for underhanded discriminatory rhetoric in the guise of "free speech" all for the sake the precious game over actual people's feelings.

Why should your feelings be hurt when the OP has explained over and over the townie generator is broken? Or haven't you noticed it?

Even with the explanations, it doesn't erase the way they responded to apprehensive or hurt simmers over their original wording. I think they need to adjust/edit their OP to their explanations and just admit they messed up with their delivery originally to avoid more responses like mine and others. Race/ethnicity is a touchy subject and folks need to be more careful with how they word things.
    ▼add/follow▼

mario_10.jpg

ETA: Let's go deeper, are people horrible because when they play 'The Sims' they mod the game and create name generators? really? Or if they pick a Sim in CAS they change the name and the skin color or hair or whatever? Really? Then who is guilty? Maybe everyone whoever played The Sims or any other life simulator.

ETA: There is no wrong way to play The Sims series. Period. Whether you want all white, or all black. Your game, your imagination, But forcing players to play your way with diversity or not diversity is not your right. ETA: All elves, all vampires or whatever, it's up to the player to change it at will and no one gets to tell anyone to accept how someone else plays. Their game, their right, not yours.

O.o My issue isn't with how they want to play their game. Free for all. Power to you. Do what you want with your game. You're the sims' god. My issue is with the wording of their OP and replies. They're undeniably insensitive. There's no denying it.

▼add/follow▼

mario_10.jpg
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member

but10.png

I am solely focusing on the wording of the OP and the dismissive remarks to valid reactions. This isn't about applying "real life" to a videogame. But sure, let's cosign and completely ignore the utterly blatant disregard for underhanded discriminatory rhetoric in the guise of "free speech" all for the sake the precious game over actual people's feelings.

Why should your feelings be hurt when the OP has explained over and over the townie generator is broken? Or haven't you noticed it?

Even with the explanations, it doesn't erase the way they responded to apprehensive or hurt simmers over their original wording. I think they need to adjust/edit their OP to their explanations and just admit they messed up with their delivery originally to avoid more responses like mine and others. Race/ethnicity is a touchy subject and folks need to be more careful with how they word things.

I'm only saying this, what's wrong with the townie generator since the release of TS4. Let's discuss what does it have against 'families'? It rarely if ever generates a Mom, Dad, and kids. Why not? It can generate a black female, teen daughter and a son of a different (white or Asian) skin color? Why does it do that? is it saying something about black women? One would think that might be offensive or is it just a mucked up townie generator that isn't coded to generate more families (no matter skin color) with a mom and dad and kids? Go think about that.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
    edited April 2017

but10.png

I'm only saying this, what's wrong with the townie generator since the release of TS4. Let's discuss what does it have against 'families'? It rarely if ever generates a Mom, Dad, and kids. Why not? It can generate a black female, teen daughter and a son of a different (white or Asian) skin color? Why does it do that? is it saying something about black women? One would think that might be offensive or is it just a mucked up townie generator that isn't coded to generate more families (no matter skin color) with a mom and dad and kids? Go think about that.

Ah okay, I was confused but I see you want to shift the attention to the generator. I don't pay much attention to what families generate; I just play, but since I see it's an obvious issue, considering a handful of replies from simmers on here, I hope it gets fixed or adjusted soon. Or maybe someone will create a mod. Who knows.
    ▼add/follow▼

mario_10.jpg
  • LuvMySimzLuvMySimz Posts: 642 Member

but10.png

Ah okay, I was confused but I see you want to shift the attention to the generator. I don't pay much attention to what families generate; I just play, but since I see it's an obvious issue, considering a handful of replies from simmers on here, I hope it gets fixed or adjusted soon. Or maybe someone will create a mod. Who knows.

Since CL the game was just generating "tooooo many Asian Sims" in MY GAME including a broken "one kind" Name generator. Periot!
    I do not need 90% of my game being overloaded with just one kind of Sims what you call "Deversity" LOL.
    There is no polite way to put it, because it's a fact! And if you delete the game generated messed up townies even more will follow.
    The only way to stop the mess is to delete the EP.
    You'all go ahead and fuss some more, but the truth about the "broken" EP can not be denied, no matter how much you hate the OP.
    „ - Criticism may not be agreeable, but it's sometimes necessary - “

• Simsister2004Simsister2004 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Just a little word in this over heated discussion. We want to play our game the way we like. The Op tries to explain that we want our "own" sims we have placed in the game usselves to act as bartenders, entertainers, baristas etc. In fact it was so BEFORE I installed City Living. That's why I needed to uninstall it.
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    edited April 2017

ETA: Let's go deeper, are people horrible because when they play 'The Sims' they mod the game and create name generators? really? Or if they pick a Sim in CAS they change the name and the skin color or hair or whatever? Really? Then who is guilty? Maybe everyone whoever played The Sims or any other life simulator.

ETA: There is no wrong way to play The Sims series. Period. Whether you want all white, or all black. Your game, your imagination, But forcing players to play your way with diversity or not diversity is not your right. ETA: All elves, all vampires or whatever, it's up to the player to change it at will and no one gets to tell anyone to accept how someone else plays. Their game, their right, not yours.

O.o My issue isn't with how they want to play their game. Free for all. Power to you. Do what you want with your game. You're the sims' god. My issue is with the wording of their OP and replies. They're undeniably insensitive. There's no denying it.

I'm sorry your feeling got hurt but I think we should stay on topic
    about the bug
    more for sim kids and more drama please
    LuvMySimz wrote: »

but10.png

Since CL the game was just generating "tooooo many Asian Sims" in MY GAME including a broken "one kind" Name generator. Periot!
    I do not need 90% of my game being overloaded with just one kind of Sims what you call "Deversity" LOL.
    There is no polite way to put it, because it's a fact! And if you delete the game generated messed up townies even more will follow.
    You'all go ahead and fuss some more, but the truth about the "broken" EP can not be denied, no matter how much you hate the OP.

Is that all you gathered from my comment? This isn't about the "broken EP". It's your terribly insensitive wording and responses. Are you gonna change the OP and eloquently get your point across that's more tactful?

I will say this again. I don't give a rat's derriere how you want to play your game or what you want to do with it. I'm not dishing gameplay choices. You're your Sims' god. I also don't give half a care about the generator since that is not the focus of my first comment on this post. It's just on the delivery in your OP and responses.
    ▼add/follow▼

mario_10.jpg
    edited April 2017
    LuvMySimz wrote: »

but10.png

Is that all you gathered from my comment? This isn't about the "broken EP". It's your terribly insensitive wording and responses. Are you gonna change the OP and eloquently get your point across that's more tactful?

I will say this again. I don't give a rat's derriere how you want to play your game or what you want to do with it. I'm not dishing gameplay choices. You're your Sims' god. I also don't give half a care about the generator since that is not the focus of my first comment on this post. It's just on the delivery in your OP and responses.

the rules say if you have trouble like this you should talk about it in pm with the op as you might make other people uncomfortable
    or derail a thread you really need to stop or you might get in trouble with a moderator and no one wants to get in trouble with the vote coming up in may 18

the rules say if you have trouble like this you should talk about it in pm with the op as you might make other people uncomfortable
    or derail a thread you really need to stop or you might get in trouble and no one wants to get in trouble with the vote coming up
    in may 18

Enough folks are uncomfortable with the original post in the first place and have been shown no compassion or consideration. I see what you're saying and all, however, there wasn't an ounce of sympathy or understanding for the hurt members in this thread and I feel they're being dismissed is all. I have no interest in carrying this out in DM with them, seeing how they responded. I'm sure the conversation will be the exact same as it is here and frankly, a waste of time. If me possibly getting a warning over this will happen, I'm over it. I'm done. I'm good. :unamused:
    ▼add/follow▼

mario_10.jpg
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    So if you are 'Asian' and 'Dark Skinned' you will be foreign where ever you go?

Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,752 Member
    Seriously guys? The OP's problem isn't that she a racist or anything but her problem is that the name generator is BROKEN and is given too many Japanese or Indian names (ie Asian) names to WHITE sims. Not counting Caucasian who have married into the family, or Caucasians who been adopted how many WHITE people has anyone seen with Japanese or Indian names?
    6adMCGP.gif
  • mebagl15mebagl15 Posts: 563 Member

Online random name generator? https://www.behindthename.com/random/

Thank you for the link

MadameLee wrote: »
    Seriously guys? The OP's problem isn't that she a racist or anything but her problem is that the name generator is BROKEN and is given too many Japanese or Indian names (ie Asian) names to WHITE sims. Not counting Caucasian who have married into the family, or Caucasians who been adopted how many WHITE people has anyone seen with Japanese or Indian names?

in my sims game I think most of them have names like that if not all of them blue black white green this bug doesn't care
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top