Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

who would pay for a remasted updated sims 2

13...Next

Comments

• lisamtownlisamtown Posts: 206 Member
    I would buy a remake of the sims 2..... I miss the sims in 2... They made me sad, laugh and one dad I adored him when he saved the toddler from a fire... He picked up the toddler ran outside and put it near the mailbox kissing the forehead... You don't see this in 3 or 4... I like the memories from 2 the zodiac signs from 2... :smile:
    graphics-wallet-540882.gif
  • simlandersimlander Posts: 196 Member
    I think the main thing they'd have to do is support Windows 10 (with a possibility for newer OS in the future) and maybe update the clothing a bit... I know you can download cc, and trust me I did, but most of the clothes are really outdated. Also, maybe add the shoe-changing option, like in 3 and 4? The biggest issue remains: that the game is becoming too old for newer computers.
  • SataiDelennnSataiDelennn Posts: 1,265 Member
    simlander wrote: »
    I think the main thing they'd have to do is support Windows 10 (with a possibility for newer OS in the future) and maybe update the clothing a bit... I know you can download cc, and trust me I did, but most of the clothes are really outdated. Also, maybe add the shoe-changing option, like in 3 and 4? The biggest issue remains: that the game is becoming too old for newer computers.

As long as they also keep it supported for Windows 7. Not everyone wants Windows 10.
  • nanashi-simsnanashi-sims Posts: 4,140 Member
    mrnhmath wrote: »
    The game does NOT need any remastering, it's perfect the way it is. Aaand there are a lot of graphical mods being made, like the reflecting water one.

Actually only thing that IMO EA should do is releasing its source code, so modders can fix things like lot imposters.

Actually, it does need some remastering, and then it needs to be released on disc form, not just digital. That's why I don't want the UC in its current format. I want the discs for ALL the expansion packs, and it would be nice to have the open world concept everyone keeps talking about in TS3 and 4. So yeah, if it was digitally remastered, and sold on discs in stores, I'd for sure purchase everything I don't currently have.

@SataiDelennn - did you see my post about creating partially open worlds in TS2 similar to TS4?

No, I didn't. Was it in this thread or another?

It was on another thread. Here is the link. If you use CC then I will look for the tutorial link I posted related to making TS2 entire world similar to the TS4 world (with moving clouds).

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/916382/using-apartment-life-to-build-ts4-semi-open-worlds#latest
    The game does NOT need any remastering, it's perfect the way it is. Aaand there are a lot of graphical mods being made, like the reflecting water one.

Actually only thing that IMO EA should do is releasing its source code, so modders can fix things like lot imposters.

Actually, it does need some remastering, and then it needs to be released on disc form, not just digital. That's why I don't want the UC in its current format. I want the discs for ALL the expansion packs, and it would be nice to have the open world concept everyone keeps talking about in TS3 and 4. So yeah, if it was digitally remastered, and sold on discs in stores, I'd for sure purchase everything I don't currently have.

@SataiDelennn - did you see my post about creating partially open worlds in TS2 similar to TS4?

It was on another thread. Here is the link. If you use CC then I will look for the tutorial link I posted related to making TS2 entire world similar to the TS4 world (with moving clouds).

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/916382/using-apartment-life-to-build-ts4-semi-open-worlds#latest

It sounds interesting, and I looked at the thread. However, I don't use CC because I've never found any that is base-game compatible. Is your project for UC only or can it be used if I only have the base game and Uni?
  • Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member

It sounds interesting, and I looked at the thread. However, I don't use CC because I've never found any that is base-game compatible. Is your project for UC only or can it be used if I only have the base game and Uni?

There are plenty of mods and custom content that are base game compatible. You just have to be more careful, especially with mods. Most CC hair and clothes are base game compatible. Only exceptions would be age/gender conversions that referenced the original file for the textures - and that's typically only for clothes.

On MTS, you can even filter out based on what EP's and SP's you tell the site that you own. You would still need to be careful as I have seen a few mods that required EP's not be listed with the EP.

And based on the name of the thread posted, you would at least need Apartment Life to do it. And reading it confirms it since it uses the apartment features of that expansion pack.
  • SimsophoniqueSimsophonique Posts: 1,410 Member
    edited May 2017

@nanashi-sims Trouble is you can't walk on pavements , see your sims does their life freely except on community lots. I pushed my town to higher setting, my area is beautiful now but I can't have all the advantages of my Sunset Valley for instance. I can't ring to my neighbour door.However visually that's breaktaking if only I got a custom neighbour to download.
    @Seera1024 wrote:
    There are plenty of mods and custom content that are base game compatible. You just have to be more careful, especially with mods. Most CC hair and clothes are base game compatible.

So much that we have to manually upgrade the cc with simpe and this is a trouble when you don't understand how do to. We can criticize the sims 3 but one feature I want in the sims 2 is no matter the ep or sp you possess up to pets your pets can climb and use furnitures. I miss that and every new cc is ep/sp ready . I love my ts2 houses with cc but I can't enjoy them as I enjoy my houses in the sims 3.
    Follow and read Miss V Detective (ts3 story)
    on wordpress: thesimsophonique.wp.com / on dreamwidth: simsophonique.dreamwidth.org
    Follow me on tumblr (sims only)
    simsophonique.tumblr.com (please no triggers I am autistic asperger)
    Seera1024 wrote: »

On MTS, you can even filter out based on what EP's and SP's you tell the site that you own. You would still need to be careful as I have seen a few mods that required EP's not be listed with the EP.

OK, you lost me here. I don't understand the last part of that sentence. It doesn't make sense to me.

Plus, if stuff isn't "plug and play," I can't do it anyway. I'm not very computer savvy and I like my computer as it is (i.e. Windows 7 and WORKING) and I don't want something going wrong because I do not in any way, shape, or form, want to have to DOWNGRADE to Windows 10.
  • nanashi-simsnanashi-sims Posts: 4,140 Member

@nanashi-sims Trouble is you can't walk on pavements , see your sims does their life freely except on community lots. I pushed my town to higher setting, my area is beautiful now but I can't have all the advantages of my Sunset Valley for instance. I can't ring to my neighbour door.However visually that's breaktaking if only I got a custom neighbour to download.
    @Seera1024 wrote:
    There are plenty of mods and custom content that are base game compatible. You just have to be more careful, especially with mods. Most CC hair and clothes are base game compatible.

So much that we have to manually upgrade the cc with simpe and this is a trouble when you don't understand how do to. We can criticize the sims 3 but one feature I want in the sims 2 is no matter the ep or sp you possess up to pets your pets can climb and use furnitures. I miss that and every new cc is ep/sp ready . I love my ts2 houses with cc but I can't enjoy them as I enjoy my houses in the sims 3.

There is a mod to visit your neighbours. I don't use it, but I do know that JessaSims uses it in her Acanthorpe Let's Play. I'm sorry I don't know which ep she has the information to this, but it's an early episode from Season 1. Please look on her page. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJxSf7sijEY&list=PLvwrEqwe9aSWMT1HfhsUZSStM16Ikl8Bh&index=1
  • SimsophoniqueSimsophonique Posts: 1,410 Member

@Seera1024 wrote:

There is a mod to visit your neighbours. I don't use it, but I do know that JessaSims uses it in her Acanthorpe Let's Play. I'm sorry I don't know which ep she has the information to this, but it's an early episode from Season 1. Please look on her page. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJxSf7sijEY&list=PLvwrEqwe9aSWMT1HfhsUZSStM16Ikl8Bh&index=1

@nanashi-sims Let me marry me you're the best ahaha :) thank you for telling me that. It's good to speak with ts2 fan I am so much in ts3 ts2 people flee me and no more help and awesome mods to have.
    Follow and read Miss V Detective (ts3 story)
    on wordpress: thesimsophonique.wp.com / on dreamwidth: simsophonique.dreamwidth.org
    Follow me on tumblr (sims only)
    simsophonique.tumblr.com (please no triggers I am autistic asperger)

@Seera1024 wrote:

I have not had to upgrade any base game compatible mod to work in my game or base game compatible CC and I have every EP and SP and got them at their release. So I'm not sure what in the world you're talking about. If you have a specific example where the game was unplayable if you did not upgrade the CC. Only include mods if there was no need to update them at the release of an EP or SP due to changes made as those upgrades were the responsibility of the modder not the player. Also, if you read the post by the person I was commenting to, they do not have every EP or SP so base game only mods wouldn't need any upgrading anyway. Yea, CC made before some EP's won't have every feature of new EP's but that doesn't mean the CC is unusable or game breaking without the upgrade.

OK, you lost me here. I don't understand the last part of that sentence. It doesn't make sense to me.

Plus, if stuff isn't "plug and play," I can't do it anyway. I'm not very computer savvy and I like my computer as it is (i.e. Windows 7 and WORKING) and I don't want something going wrong because I do not in any way, shape, or form, want to have to DOWNGRADE to Windows 10.

On MTS, creators can set flags on their threads that tell players what EP's and/or SP's you have to have to use the content. MTS allows you to filter based on those flags. Default flag is base game only so if the creator doesn't stop to set flags, it shows up as a base game mod/CC.

On MTS, creators can set flags on their threads that tell players what EP's and/or SP's you have to have to use the content. MTS allows you to filter based on those flags. Default flag is base game only so if the creator doesn't stop to set flags, it shows up as a base game mod/CC.

OK, thanks. If that's the case, that's just another reason for me not to try any of that stuff then.
  • PixelsimmerPixelsimmer Posts: 2,351 Member
    edited May 2017
    I would definitely pay a lot for a new version of TS2. Exactly the same game and just a few minor tweaks if possible:

- better CAS (perhaps implement some improvements from TS4?)
    - Better graphic options when rendering neighboring lots (it looks very pixelated now and there is nothing you can do except using high poly neighborhood deco)

But since this is not happening any time soon I've taken on a new project to hunt all S4-to-S2 CC (particularly Cas assets) and make my game look closer to TS4 (but with TS2 gameplay; win-win!)
    > @SataiDelennn said:
    > simlander wrote: »
    >
    > I think the main thing they'd have to do is support Windows 10 (with a possibility for newer OS in the future) and maybe update the clothing a bit... I know you can download cc, and trust me I did, but most of the clothes are really outdated. Also, maybe add the shoe-changing option, like in 3 and 4? The biggest issue remains: that the game is becoming too old for newer computers.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > As long as they also keep it supported for Windows 7. Not everyone wants Windows 10.

Yeah, of course they should continue supporting "older" systems, I have Windows 7 on my old computer myself (although I think it's hardware is failing me). I just mentioned Windows 10 because all new computers come with it and it basically forced its way into the computer my mom has... She swears she never allowed the upgrade! (All she got is a computer that won't shut down haha)
    So I was basically thinking about the game not dying out due to it not being playable on newer systems.
    > @SataiDelennn said:
    > simlander wrote: »
    >
    > I think the main thing they'd have to do is support Windows 10 (with a possibility for newer OS in the future) and maybe update the clothing a bit... I know you can download cc, and trust me I did, but most of the clothes are really outdated. Also, maybe add the shoe-changing option, like in 3 and 4? The biggest issue remains: that the game is becoming too old for newer computers.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > As long as they also keep it supported for Windows 7. Not everyone wants Windows 10.

Yeah, of course they should continue supporting "older" systems, I have Windows 7 on my old computer myself (although I think it's hardware is failing me). I just mentioned Windows 10 because all new computers come with it and it basically forced its way into the computer my mom has... She swears she never allowed the upgrade! (All she got is a computer that won't shut down haha)
    So I was basically thinking about the game not dying out due to it not being playable on newer systems.

OK, I understand, and yes, I've heard of that happening which sadly is why I've stopped allowing any updates to my current computer. I can't trust Microsoft and I don't want to be forced into it by the update worming its way in like a virus onto my computer. And I think it says A LOT about Microsoft that they are doing this.

I too am having some issues with my computer (and no, it's not because I haven't allowed updates, it's problem I've been having for a long time and it's why I have another Windows 7 computer sitting in a box waiting and rearing to go when this one finally stops working. I bought it JUST before July of last year when all companies were ceasing to sell Windows 7 computers any longer and I got a GREAT deal because of it). I am having an issue with the main video card which is soldered to the motherboard (according to my computer guy) and so therefore cannot be changed out. What happens is, whenever I reboot my computer, or load up specific graphic heavy games (such as Roller Coaster Tycoon, The Sims 2, or even some Mumbo Jumbo games like World Wonder and World Wonder II), the screen starts flickering and does this for either hours, or days, or lately in some cases, for over a week or two. I've learned to deal with it until it clears up, but outside of that, there's nothing that can be done unless my computer guy bypasses the main video card which he tried, but it massively distorts the visual layout on the screen which can't be changed because the main video card has been bypassed. Now, why don't I just transfer everything to my new computer? Because aside from that, this computer is perfectly fine and I don't want to give this computer up yet, lol. I'm a VERY stubborn person.
    @SataiDelennn yeah mine just shuts down soon after I start it - sometimes a few seconds later but sometimes maybe 5 minutes later. I've tried what I've found online because a part of me doesn't want to get laughed at when I bring it in for repair... I've ran it on safe mode and it happens then as well (although a bit later) so I *think* it's the hardware and not the software... I guess I will have to let it and my sims 2 rest in peace! I do have a copy of the entire Electronic Arts file, so maybe I'll be able to revisit them sometime!
    @SataiDelennn yeah mine just shuts down soon after I start it - sometimes a few seconds later but sometimes maybe 5 minutes later. I've tried what I've found online because a part of me doesn't want to get laughed at when I bring it in for repair... I've ran it on safe mode and it happens then as well (although a bit later) so I *think* it's the hardware and not the software... I guess I will have to let it and my sims 2 rest in peace! I do have a copy of the entire Electronic Arts file, so maybe I'll be able to revisit them sometime!

I had a Windows XP laptop I bought second hand years ago that did that. It would start up and then immediately shut down. Then reboot and reboot and reboot. It would take anywhere from a half hour to half a day before it would stop doing that and finally stay turned on. But then eventually it would just freeze up. I had to do an F11 restart so many times that I stopped storing ANYTHING on the computer and kept everything on a separate hard drive because the computer was so unreliable. I finally brought it to a repair person who told me that it was something inside the computer (not a virus though) that just wasn't built right and he could try and repair it, but it wasn't going to solve anything. It was just a POS computer and the best thing to do would be to buy a new one. I felt so taken advantage of by the company I bought the computer from because they HAD to know what was wrong with it when they sold it to me as it was a refurbished computer when I bought it from them, so how could they not know. I've never been back to that store and I tell everyone I know in my area to stay away from them if they want to ensure getting a good computer.

So, I would suggest if you haven't already done so, get a portable hard drive and transfer your important files to it and then look into a new computer (if you can find something with Windows 7 or Windows 8.1, grab it!).
  • AnthonydyerAnthonydyer Posts: 1,197 Member
    I do think it is a pretty good idea. We could compare this against Super Mario 64 which started off on the Nintendo 64, and then was remastered for the DS. I think Nintendo pulled it off when they did it.

I am kind of torn between updated graphics, because it would lose that authentic feel, but maybe people are looking for updated graphics? I say either way we need an identical interface. They ought to fix certain annoyances brought up by The Sims 2 such as adding in ability to choose shoes, click and drag sledgehammer tool, place objects at 45 degree angle, place objects in between squares, and ability to edit sim in CAS after initial creation. Now I'm excited. Hopefully this idea gains steam.
    I do think it is a pretty good idea. We could compare this against Super Mario 64 which started off on the Nintendo 64, and then was remastered for the DS. I think Nintendo pulled it off when they did it.

I am kind of torn between updated graphics, because it would lose that authentic feel, but maybe people are looking for updated graphics? I say either way we need an identical interface. They ought to fix certain annoyances brought up by The Sims 2 such as adding in ability to choose shoes, click and drag sledgehammer tool, place objects at 45 degree angle, place objects in between squares, and ability to edit sim in CAS after initial creation. Now I'm excited. Hopefully this idea gains steam.

Sledgehammer tool? I'm not familiar with this one.
  • Whovian97Whovian97 Posts: 392 Member
    No doubt about it I would buy it. I will say though, the Mac version that you can purchase from the App Store is kind of like that. It has some updated graphics/resolutions I believe. I've seen some screen shots from the game and they are stunning!
    siggy2_zpsxccvrfnz.png
    FIND ME ON THE GALLERY: holdenwade97
    Whovian97 wrote: »
    No doubt about it I would buy it. I will say though, the Mac version that you can purchase from the App Store is kind of like that. It has some updated graphics/resolutions I believe. I've seen some screen shots from the game and they are stunning!

Which is lovely for the Mac, but won't work for PCs...
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    I would love Sims 2 even more if had a semi-open world, Sims 3-level CAS, and a lot of the various content from Sims 3. :smile:
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)