Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How I'd like to see Roller Coasters Implemented in TS4 Developers please read

catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
edited April 2017 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
As many of you know we had roller coasters in TS3 thru the store but you had to build your own unless you downloaded the amusement park from the store or amusement parks builders made. Some tracks were low and some builders made them high. The store version had both in short and tall tracks in it's park.

Now Sims 4 developers this is how I think roller coasters could be implemented in the game and what I'd like to see with them.

Ok basically our sims are up in the air if you have City Living and use the penthouses,some apartments and one of the neighborhoods for the most part is in the air. Sims can look down to the ground from high up. Building Roller Coaster tracks this high up for example the highest penthouse in Myshuno should be no problem. The Camera was designed to lock to it's targets with those heights in City Living esp the Penthouses. So basically the game should be able to allow rollercoaster tracks to be built up to the height of the tallest penthouse to the highest point of the balconies.

Basically I want the camera to lock onto our sims as their riding the coaster.

Also I"d love to see these ideas implemented

1)Prebuilt tall and prebuilt short rollercoaster tracks for placing and of course the little car. Of course I'd still love the option to build our own rollercoasters as well but the TS3 versions didn't come in prebuilt to place. You had to do your own.

2)Prebuilt tall and short tracks like 1 that come with water for splashing and I'd love to see the shark jumping return and tracks without water.

3)2 sim cars meaning up to two sims can ride on them

4)4 sim cars for adult couples with children

5)Cute animations when sims are about to plunge

6)Cheering animations

7)Increase in Social after riding.

8)Roller Coaster Moodlets

Comments

• janineisabawsjanineisabaws Posts: 668 Member
    I really like this idea! Hopefully they do implement this into the game and other aspects in terms of an amusement park themed pack.
    Check out my youtube channel!
    MlaomyAh.jpg
  • FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    Yes an Amusement Park Game Pack is on the top of my list! With cotton candy please!
    a256aFi.gif
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    They are never going to make a roller coaster as tall as a skyscraper. The camera would not work the way you think it will. We can build four levels in any world but in San Myshuno there are penthouse levels. That, however, does not mean there are buildable levels in between. The camera jumps from the forth level to the penthouse level because the game considers the penthouse to be a sort of floating ground level, but there aren't any in the middle. I hated the roller coaster in S3 because you could never follow your sim properly. If the camera was on the ground level, your sim in the coaster car would disappear to the next level. If you were on the forth level, you could see every up and down motion, but you couldn't zoom in to feel like you were with your sim.

I want the clown and spooky coasters from S1 back. They were a lot more fun and would fit in a carnival type pack better, IMO. There were a lot of fun animations and you could follow your sim much better through the ride. Plus they were much easier to build, just connect the tracks between the fun or scary bits.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    This thread needs more interest and post because I linked it to TheSims on Twitter.
  • cind3r3llacind3r3lla Posts: 219 Member
    edited April 2017
    I would love to see this in the game!
    It would be an awesome to take my sims on a date to the amusement park :love:

And I have some ideas that I would love to see:

A love tunnel ride - Where the sims gets in a flirty mood when they ride together, and if they ride alone, they get a "Forever alone" moodlet and gets sad (lasts only a sim hour)

A haunted house attraction - Where the sims gets scared afterwards (this would be a great way to introduce a new emotion) and runs out with scared faces and tries to calm themselves down with breathing heavily and slowly.
    The new emotion: frightened would have three levels and would also introduce a new death: scared to death.
    The levels: frightened, very frightened and terrified (that could lead to sims dying)

Only brave sims would get a confident moodlet like "Survived" (this would be a great way to introduce new traits.)
    New traits: brave and coward.
    Brave: Brave sims sees life like an adventure and loves to do risky things. They love roller coasters and sees scary things as a challenge.
    Coward: Cowardly sims hates to take risks and lives their lifes on the safe side. They hate roller coasters and get very scared if they ride one. The haunted house attraction is worse, they get terrified afterwards and needs to quickly calm down.
    Post edited by cind3r3lla on
    HBRh4vc.jpg