March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Banks, Please

FreakAboutSimsFreakAboutSims Posts: 795 Member
edited April 2017 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
This might only be worth a stuff pack, but if you could incorporate more gameplay for a game pack then by all means. I always thought the addition of banks to The Sims would be quite a great idea. Starting a retail business in any of the past business oriented expansion packs was always a tedious thing to startup unless you just used money cheats. While one could always take out a loan from the First Bank of Rosebud (money cheats). It would be great to have this actually be a part of the main gameplay.

Your sims could go to a new lot called a Bank, obviously, where they could speak with a representative for a loan or open up a checking and/or savings account which would more or less be like the money transfer system currently in the game for retail lots. You could actually put pressure on to actually repay the loans too. This could engage more to utilize the entrepreneur aspect of the Get to Work expansion pack or the Restaurants game pack too.

Perhaps one of the consequences could be a visit from a familiar foe, the Repo Man. There could also be working ATMs too.

If you could just make this a stuff pack or even a patch that would suffice.

Comments

• FreakAboutSimsFreakAboutSims Posts: 795 Member
    Perhaps one of the consequences could be a visit from a familiar foe, the Repo Man. There could also be working ATMs too.
  • McFizzleShizzleMcFizzleShizzle Posts: 1,632 Member
    Love this idea, especially now that laundry is being introduced. Adding banks would make the everyday life aspect of the game even more realistic :smile:
    tumblr_msx1lynGG41rd67d1o1_500.gif
    Origin ID: McFizzleShizzle
  • GlindePopGlindePop Posts: 134 Member
    Another cool thing to do with banks could be bank robbery! Sims in criminal career could rob a bank and detectives from gtw could run investigations.
    Love this idea, especially now that laundry is being introduced.

Wait, what? Is this in eco-friendly?
  • kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member
    If they do add bank loans, it shouldn't be at a lot. It should be a phone/computer interaction. Who wants to sit through a load screen just to get a little extra cash? What could possibly be fun about watching our Sims sit at a desk as some loan officer makes them sign a high-interest contract?

I also don't see the point of ATMs. So our Sims have to visit the ATM every time they want to buy something?

Realism doesn't always equal fun gameplay. This just seems like a chore.
    wJbomAo.png
  • McFizzleShizzleMcFizzleShizzle Posts: 1,632 Member
    @FreakAboutSims yeah, the vote page said potential areas of development include laundry :smiley:
    tumblr_msx1lynGG41rd67d1o1_500.gif
    Origin ID: McFizzleShizzle
  • determigdetermig Posts: 75 Member
    Love this idea! Always hated to save money in order to buy a store/restaurant. It gives a much more realistic approach than just buying the store and also keep the household from accumulating too much money :smile:
  • snowqueen51snowqueen51 Posts: 9 New Member
    I liked the concept in Sims 2 (I think it is) that you had to go shopping for different outfits, rather than having everything available to you.
  • HarlowandMeHarlowandMe Posts: 231 Member
    I love this Idea, You could even add for the bank robbers, some Hackers too, and security guards, and police:)) That would be so cool, Then they could add Banks, and Police Stations, and maybe another property trait, A Lair/Hide Out Trait, A trait where police come to less often. I love this Idea:))
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,106 Member
    I'd like to have banks in game so sims could get a mortgage for a more expensive house than the starting money.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • samlyt22samlyt22 Posts: 527 Member
    I give my sims fake loans when they buy a house, I add 20% interest to the value of the house and then make them pay x amount every Sunday. Would love it if I didn't have to do that and loans could just actually be a part of the game. I would definitely like to see it as an interaction on the computer as well though, so I don't have to travel to the bank every time they need money.
    samlyt22 wrote: »
    I give my sims fake loans when they buy a house, I add 20% interest to the value of the house and then make them pay x amount every Sunday. Would love it if I didn't have to do that and loans could just actually be a part of the game. I would definitely like to see it as an interaction on the computer as well though, so I don't have to travel to the bank every time they need money.

In Sims 3 I had a mod that allowed my sims to take loans and pay it back, with interest. It would be great to have it back again.
  • RetinaStormRetinaStorm Posts: 185 Member
    It would be nice to have this implemented, it would be great to see sims going to the bank or new sims with not much money could get a sim loan to purchase new things
  • ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    Home loans would be nice. My sims tend to make babies faster than they make money.
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • candy8candy8 Posts: 3,815 Member
    Not a bad idea as long as they make this a career I think it might be fun, also real-estate I think it would be fun to sell houses and commercial buildings as a career it would add interest to the game.
  • lasydaisy1122lasydaisy1122 Posts: 66 Member
    Could be cool and the Sims' money could draw interest while in bank, Sims could have checkbooks, credit cards etc, and pay taxes.

In Sims 3 I had a mod that allowed my sims to take loans and pay it back, with interest. It would be great to have it back again.

Name of the mod please.
    kwanzaabot wrote: »
    If they do add bank loans, it shouldn't be at a lot. It should be a phone/computer interaction. Who wants to sit through a load screen just to get a little extra cash? What could possibly be fun about watching our Sims sit at a desk as some loan officer makes them sign a high-interest contract?

I also don't see the point of ATMs. So our Sims have to visit the ATM every time they want to buy something?

Then don't send your sims to the lot. Why shouldn't there be an option for online banking?
    I love this Idea, You could even add for the bank robbers, some Hackers too, and security guards, and police:)) That would be so cool, Then they could add Banks, and Police Stations, and maybe another property trait, A Lair/Hide Out Trait, A trait where police come to less often. I love this Idea:))

The Sims 4 already has police stations from the Get to Work expansion pack. Did you mean this could expand its usage instead of adding them?
  • NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    I'd like the money side of the Sims to be expanded with loans, mortgages, inheritances, individual funds and the like. I think it could gives us more freedom in the stories we could tell (like roommates or children pocket money)
  • ZakaryQuackZakaryQuack Posts: 59 Member
    I hate banks in real life but would love them in game
    yqhMsxf.png

Name of the mod please.

It was one of the MasterController modules by Twallan.
  • kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member
    kwanzaabot wrote: »

Then don't send your sims to the lot. Why shouldn't there be an option for online banking?

The Sims 4 already has police stations from the Get to Work expansion pack. Did you mean this could expand its usage instead of adding them?

Which is why I said, "it should be a phone/computer interaction."

Look. I'm all for banking. But banks as visitable lots? There's no way in hell that would be enjoyable, unless you play The Sims as a 1:1 recreation of real life. Which probably makes you a really fun person.
    I liked the concept in Sims 2 (I think it is) that you had to go shopping for different outfits, rather than having everything available to you.

So, in other words, you never played The Sims 2?

Because it was an awful grind that nobody liked. There were constant complaints about it on the old BBS, and the mods that removed the restriction were some of the most popular mods of that era. That's why EA and Maxis dumped it for TS3.
    wJbomAo.png
    It could work like the money transfer option for retail lots, except it wouldn't be necessary to visit a lot.
  • Rachelrita3Rachelrita3 Posts: 485 Member
    I love the idea of having a banking career! Please EA, make it possible *Fingers crossed*
    The career levels can go from Cashier to CFO. For example if you develop good relations with a Sim who has a banking job, you get higher chance to get a loan when you apply for one at the bank, and if you are enemy with a Sim who is a banker your chance of getting a loan get slimmer especially if that Sim is your financial advisor :D
    beyoncepepsi.gif
    This idea really needs to happen and should've been in the game from the get-go. Will Wright, I'm surprised you didn't implement this as a Sims standard feature back in the day.