Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Plant Sim challenge update broke the game

CursedDiceCursedDice Posts: 978 Member
edited April 2017 in PC - Technical Discussions
Game becomes graphically corrupt when it launches (for a brief second on the white screen before the logos start).
I can't quit the game correctly anymore as the game crashes and causes a black screen which requires a Windows shortcut code to wake the display up again.
Actions take several sim hours to complete even if they don' get stuck. The action just never terminates. This one is rare, but the other two are fairly consistent

Comments

• rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,584 Member
    Hello
    Shut down your computer completely. Start the computer again, then launch the game and see if that helps.

If you have cc/mods in your game, move your mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and see if the issues are still there. If it has helped with the issues, put your mods/ CC back into the newly generated mods folder that is in the sims 4 folder one by one or in batches and testing after each one to see which is the causes of the problem.

If the issues still remain, repairing the game may help. To do that, right click on the sims 4 picture in Origin and click repair.

Try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" or " options " file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder.

Try switching back to 32 bit mode and see if that helps. To do that ,
    Go to Game Library in Origin . Right click on The Sims 4 picture.
    Click on “Game Properties”. Click on Advanced Launch options.
    Change the “When launching this Game” setting to “The Sims 4 32-bit”

Try turning off origin in-game and see if that helps. To do that, go,to Game Library in Origin . Right click on The Sims 4 picture. Click on “Game Properties”. Then untick the box that enables origin in-game

Check that your graphics drivers are uptodate
    Try lowering your graphics settings and see if that helps
  • CursedDiceCursedDice Posts: 978 Member
    rosemow wrote: »
    Hello
    Shut down your computer completely. Start the computer again, then launch the game and see if that helps.

If you have cc/mods in your game, move your mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and see if the issues are still there. If it has helped with the issues, put your mods/ CC back into the newly generated mods folder that is in the sims 4 folder one by one or in batches and testing after each one to see which is the causes of the problem.

If the issues still remain, repairing the game may help. To do that, right click on the sims 4 picture in Origin and click repair.

Try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" or " options " file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder.

Try switching back to 32 bit mode and see if that helps. To do that ,
    Go to Game Library in Origin . Right click on The Sims 4 picture.
    Click on “Game Properties”. Click on Advanced Launch options.
    Change the “When launching this Game” setting to “The Sims 4 32-bit”

Try turning off origin in-game and see if that helps. To do that, go,to Game Library in Origin . Right click on The Sims 4 picture. Click on “Game Properties”. Then untick the box that enables origin in-game

Check that your graphics drivers are uptodate

It was fine just after it patched, but I ran into the crash to black screen when I'd finished my session. GTAV is the only other game off the top of my head that has black screened, but that's before it starts. I found the other issues later
  • CursedDiceCursedDice Posts: 978 Member
    rosemow wrote: »
    Try testing to see if the issues remain. If they do, try doing the suggestions that I posted and see if that helps.

I played it last night. Seemed fine
  • RelyseRelyse Posts: 9 New Member
    The plant sim patch also broke my game in a very different way. The game boots up fine and allows me to play through create a sim and make families and houses, but the game play is completely broken.

The time clock does not respond to anything. I click the various speed settings by the time which the game does not respond to, it fast forwards when they sleep and go to work then the game is set into an unchangeable hyper speed. I pound on my keyboard hoping the gameplay might respond for the keyboard button strokes, which some of the time it does, and well the game is basically unplayable.

The sims gain random skills they have never earned while sleeping, the do not gain skills while they work on them in the kitchen or otherwise, and the sims no longer autonomously meet their needs while time is flying by without my guidance at hyper speed. I have literally watch sims die while trying to figure out what to do about this.
    Relyse wrote: »
    The plant sim patch also broke my game in a very different way. The game boots up fine and allows me to play through create a sim and make families and houses, but the game play is completely broken.

The time clock does not respond to anything. I click the various speed settings by the time which the game does not respond to, it fast forwards when they sleep and go to work then the game is set into an unchangeable hyper speed. I pound on my keyboard hoping the gameplay might respond for the keyboard button strokes, which some of the time it does, and well the game is basically unplayable.

The sims gain random skills they have never earned while sleeping, the do not gain skills while they work on them in the kitchen or otherwise, and the sims no longer autonomously meet their needs while time is flying by without my guidance at hyper speed. I have literally watch sims die while trying to figure out what to do about this.

Hello @Relyse

Repairing the game may help. To do that, right click on the sims 4 picture in Origin and click repair.

Try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps, if the issues remain . To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" or " options " file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder. Te