Galactic adventurers - Scifi Challenge
In this challenge you will create 6 new families, community lots to play with and complete tasks, have fun guys!
Hi all...so I was bored and wanted to try something different. I love scifi and alien themes so I came up with this neighborhood challenge. Main focus is on creating a fun new world/planet (whatever u wanna call it) by making both alien and human families live there with tasks. Each family has their own task they must complete and there are phases in this challenge. First start with the phase one where you create 2 families and build your first community lot. In this challenge we create sims, new families and community lots. We will proceed for 2nd generations but the main focus is on making a fun scifi land to play with. You will also switch between households in this challenge and play multiple families. It´s up to you then how many generations you want to play later on etc. CC and mods are allowed...I am doing this without mods and CC, playing vanilla atm. Completing each phase will unlock new abilities for sims to use.
objects and abilities: you are not allowed to use any other skills that are not mentioned on the household rules. You will need to unlock all this by doing tasks and becoming friends with sims who has that skill and power. For example, if a certain alien family knows gardening you must make best friends with one of them before you can use that skill. Each family and species have their own powers and skills they master. You are only allowed to use basic furniture. You must earn and unlock everything else by doing the tasks and phases (that means no electricity and entertainment such as tv, computer etc, or other luxury items).
Phase 1 rules in a nutshell:
You are an alien species and you land unknown empty world in a small space capsule. You are the last surviving couple of your species and you have important task to do for you and your species to survive. Choose your world, create 2 families and 1 community lot, complete the “to do list “.
Rules for the 1st family The Gardeners
No money cheats, no marriages to other species at this point, no leaving the world. No using stove or a grill.
- Choose a world u wanna live in. Bullzone all lots and remove premade families.
- Choose one alien species to start with. Use your imagination and creativity to make your own species or use your favorite characters from movies etc. You can also use my species if u wish.
- Choose a lot you want to start with. First sims are going to be gardeners and collectors so use bigger lots for having enough room. Then click on create a sim for this lot (it will take u directly to CAS).
- Create 1 alien couple. The species can be your choice but you must stick with a specific color theme. Use 3 colors when you make your first alien couple (genetics, clothing, make ups etc.). Remember that collectors and gardeners are humble on their looks and do not want too much attention.
- Then build a small base for them on the lot you chose. The base should have a small building or area for sleeping and washing yourself. The base should have these objects: Double bed, shower, toilet, sink, sofa, trashcan and 1-4 planting pots for gardening, some trees, flowers and bushes for decorating the lot. After you have made it use money cheat to decrease familyfunds to only 250 simeleons.
- Now use some of the money for buying seeds or look for the seeds. Start gardening and collecting things. You are not allowed to have a stove. Your founding couple will have to survive with only what they can find from the world or grow themselves. Fishing is also allowed so u can use that too. Mostly they will be vegetarian at this point. Eating the fruits and veggies they grow.
- To make money sell products from gardening, collectibles and fishes.
- This household also has a task for making children so after they have stored some food they can get pregnant.
U can: sell products from the garden, collectibles and fishes for making simeleons.
There are some tasks that each household must achieve, for the 1st household here is the to do list:
- Start a garden on your home lot.
- Reach lvl 10 in gardening.
- Have minimun of 1 baby alien.
- Expand your house for the kids by mimimum of 1 nursery with baby and toddler equipment, 1 fridge, 1 dinner table and chair for toddlers. If you have money you can decorate and upgrade the house as much as you can at this point. But remember that you are only allowed to use basic furniture (you have not unlocked things such as electricity, tv, computers etc. yet).
Here is a founding couple I am starting with. They are Green aliens with the following color theme: Green, yellow and white. Eco friendly, traditional sims alien species, looks with bald heads, big black eyes and green skintone.
After doing these tasks you can move to creating the 2nd family and the first community lot (will be another post later).
Household 2: The Workers
-Create human sim couple. Choose a color scheme of 3 colors, use those colors for their hair, make-ups, clothing and house. Remember that they are poor and the last surviving humans on their spaceship. They don´t have much left.
Then choose a small lot for them. Build a small house/landing capsule and buy these items: double bed, shower, sink, toilet, sofa and outside firepit. Also buy a woodworking bench. These poor humans will live humble lives with working home for whatever they can. A woodworking bench is a good start. Then use money cheat to reduce familyfunds to 250.
Try to hide your home with trees, flowers and bushes. You are friendly but also suscisious towards other species and unknown land.
U can earn money from collecting, fishing and woodworking. You can only eat what you find at this point.
Family 2nd: The workers tasks:
-Become best friends with the 1st family member. They have gardens so you need them desperately for food.
-Reach lvl 10 in woodworking
-Make minimum of 1 baby human.
-Expand your house for the baby and buy all the necessary equipment for toddlers.
After you have made best friends with the aliens the humans can teach using fire ability to the aliens and they can now buy a firepit to their homelot.
The aliens will now tell you how to garden and you are allowed to keep 1 gardening pot (the one with 4 slots) on your homelot and grow fruits or vegetables.
Then the last quest for phase one:
Building the first community lot: Central Park. This will be the first community lot. Choose the lot you wish to build on and build a park with minimum necessary requirements for the lot. There should be a small garden so place one there too with fruits and vegetables.
Congratulations you have completed the phase one
Alternate rules and variations:
You can also do this challenge with vampires, berrysims, banillasims or anything your tastes. Just change the theme from aliens to your liking. The point is that you will arrive on empty world and start from there.
You are allowed to switch between families between doing the family tasks, but to move on to the next phase all family tasks must be completed.