March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Black screen crash on exit

CursedDiceCursedDice Posts: 978 Member
edited April 2017 in PC - Technical Discussions
I saved my game and then exited, but got stuck on a black screen.

Sound still works, there's still the HDD activity light working, but there's just a black screen. Ctrl Alt Del doesn't work and neither does Ctrl Shift Esc

EDIT: Windows key + Ctrl + Shift + B woke the display back up. The screen was still in I have signal state, just that signal was a black screen. Origin was glitching out when the display came back

Comments

• LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    When I was reading this, the first thing that came to my mind is do you have any mods? The reason I ask this, is because if you do, that could be the problem. It happened to me, not with this patch, but the last one. It was a mod that needed to be updated, because it cause the exact same thing on my computer.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    CursedDice wrote: »
    I saved my game and then exited, but got stuck on a black screen.

Sound still works, there's still the HDD activity light working, but there's just a black screen. Ctrl Alt Del doesn't work and neither does Ctrl Shift Esc

EDIT: Windows key + Ctrl + Shift + B woke the display back up. The screen was still in I have signal state, just that signal was a black screen. Origin was glitching out when the display came back

I got the blue screen of death from the last patch. First time I loaded the game after plantSim patch my game just quit, and locked my screen (lost signal to video card which crashes the screen) and had to shut down pc to get my pc back up and working.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • CursedDiceCursedDice Posts: 978 Member
    LaBlue0314 wrote: »
    When I was reading this, the first thing that came to my mind is do you have any mods? The reason I ask this, is because if you do, that could be the problem. It happened to me, not with this patch, but the last one. It was a mod that needed to be updated, because it cause the exact same thing on my computer.

There are mods in the folder, but they're not active. I've had one or two other games do similar
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,522 Member
    edited April 2017
    Hello
    Shut down your computer completely. Then restart the computer , and see if the issues remain.

Make sure that your graphics drivers are uptodate.

Also, it is best to use "save" or " save as" when saving the game. Using " save and exit" can cause issues.