Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EA Contact Trouble

julieeele_julieeele_ Posts: 157 Member
Okay, so I am having a lot of issues trying to get into contact with EA, and I really want to understand what I am doing wrong, and could also use any advice. So starting from the screen after clicking the "Contact Us" button, I will provide screenshots.

2w3opdv.png
I use a PC by the way, not Mac

so then I fill it out accordingly
33y24uu.png
(I clicked Origin 10, but this also occurs if I click Sims 2 instead of Origin)

and then the problem occurs. You usually get a subject box for a live chat, and I was able to get through twice however 10 minutes would pass and I would not be connected. I'm just genuinely confused.
14aj7fd.png

Now, I have tried this with Firefox, Google Chrome, and even Internet Explorer. The last image always shows up. I have no idea what I am doing wrong, or why this problem has occurred, or if it is something with my Origin account. I have also tried getting into contact with EA over Facebook, but I could not message them. Any advice would help, and if you know how to fix the issue I would appreciate it greatly.
tumblr_nblmw0gpra1twh2h7o1_500.gif?w=620&h=328&crop=1

Comments

• mintycupcakemintycupcake Posts: 13,212 Member
    edited April 2017
    I'm taking a guess here, as I've never contacted them before, but their customer support probably isn't available right now. I'm not sure if you're in the US or not, but it is night here and they will probably available again at 8am EST at the soonest.
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
  • julieeele_julieeele_ Posts: 157 Member
    @mintycupcake I honestly wish it was that simple.. :( I've tried day and night. I was able to get it working twice but was never connected to a live chat :( (also I adore that little picture :) I love spn)
  • mintycupcakemintycupcake Posts: 13,212 Member
    Oh, dang! Can you use one of the other options? Send them an E-mail or call?
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
  • KendranaKendrana Posts: 4,070 Member
    edited April 2017
    I have trouble getting to their live chat support as well and usually don't even get the option (even during normal business hours). Seems as though maybe they're trying to discourage it and hope you call by phone instead. Not sure why though since a live chat seems way easier and I'd much rather get help on my computer than having to tie up the phone for who knows how long.
  • DarkSuperNinjaDarkSuperNinja Posts: 1,204 Member
    edited April 2017
    From my experience, they're minimising live chat support to only certain categories and issues. I refuse to be on the phone, so I usually have to click through a few different "relevant" categories to get the live chat option.

I don't know if that helps your issue in any way, but if it's any consolation, EA have a TERRIBLE support network.

When TS4 first came out, I wanted to merge my Origin accounts so that TS3 and TS4 were on the same account, and then I could unlock the plumbbob lamps and stuff. Anyways, it took 5 different support people to get an account merger. 5 DIFFERENT SUPPORT PEOPLE, on 4 DIFFERENT OCCASIONS! So yeah, EA are pretty bad with support! xD

Side note; I've had the live chat issue before. I usually solved it by just qutting the live chat and starting a new one, but I don't know if that would make any difference for you, since it seems you've already tried that!
  • julieeele_julieeele_ Posts: 157 Member
    @mintycupcake I can't really use have a phone to use, but I haven't tried emailing them. I can try that though.