Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Way to many threads in here!

I would like to know how we are going to find the next vote thread when there is a ton of threads in here already? , I can not stand that I have to sift through them all just to be able to find the one I am to use to vote on, this is just insane and needs to be fixed, I am not saying that others can not add in threads, what I am saying basically is that they should of been separate from the ones we need to find to Vote, that is My opinion bout this mess.
Which brings Me to this point, there was suppose to be something for the 18th which is today, it took Me a very long time to even find it, assuming it is the one called Art something or other from another SimGuruKimmie I believe , unless that is Not the one in which case I still have not found it then, is it another Vote page, or just one to add in pictures on? this whole section has Me confused.

Comments

• kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member
    edited April 2017
    Uh, there's always the main News page.
    Thesims.com isn't just forums, you know.

There's also links on Twitter, Facebook, Reddit...

We also vote for the objects on May 18th.
    wJbomAo.png
  • BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
    edited April 2017
    kwanzaabot wrote: »

thanks for the info, But that only helps if I use Twitter or Facebook, which I do not, the forums is the only way I can find to vote.
    I was thinking it was April 18th not May, oh well.

thanks for the info, But that only helps if I use Twitter or Facebook, which I do not, the forums is the only way I can find to vote.

Well, it's not EA's fault you don't use social media. Most people do. If you want an easy-to-access voting link when they become available, I'd recommend doing the same.

wJbomAo.png

Well, it's not EA's fault you don't use social media. Most people do. If you want an easy-to-access voting link when they become available, I'd recommend doing the same.

I did not say it was their fault, I am saying I do not use them for many reasons, so check your attitude at the door thank you, have a nice day or evening, which ever the case may be.
  • spontaneousivyspontaneousivy Posts: 250 Member
    For your information, there is no "voting" going on here in the forums. All the voting is done on the Sims website, which you can access directly from this page by clicking the Sims logo (it's a hyperlink) at the top of the page. From there, hover over "News" and the drop-down menu should show "Blog". Click on that. Here is where all the recent news and voting processes will be done. Not on the forums. The threads here are only a place to share ideas.

Always check things before you ask - ;)
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    I would like to know how we are going to find the next vote thread when there is a ton of threads in here already? , I can not stand that I have to sift through them all just to be able to find the one I am to use to vote on, this is just insane and needs to be fixed, I am not saying that others can not add in threads, what I am saying basically is that they should of been separate from the ones we need to find to Vote, that is My opinion bout this mess.
    A. You don't vote on a thread, and B. If the gurus make a thread that links to the voting location, they'll pin it, so it will be at the top of this forum. Nothing to panic about.

Which brings Me to this point, there was suppose to be something for the 18th which is today, it took Me a very long time to even find it, assuming it is the one called Art something or other from another SimGuruKimmie I believe , unless that is Not the one in which case I still have not found it then, is it another Vote page, or just one to add in pictures on? this whole section has Me confused.

I think that the STUFF PACK: References for Concept Artists is the designers being a little bit lazy/saving time, and rather than sifting through all the threads here, they're only looking in the one place for their designs, which we'll be voting on in a months time.

There won't be a vote until they're done making the concept designs.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • RubyxAngelRubyxAngel Posts: 333 Member

You could just request for the voting thread to be pinned? rather then stating theres too many idea/discussion threads (which is what the Sims Guru asked for) and as other's said there are ways to see how to vote... the Sims News page, their social media etc.
  • smoothyrus129smoothyrus129 Posts: 1,440 Member
    So your solution to there being "too many threads" in this forum is to create a new thread to complain? :|
  • TybeeTybee Posts: 8 New Member
    Thanks spontaneousivy. Your instructions were clear and helpful. It seems obvious now, but I also had trouble finding where to vote. Also, under "News", there's a place to sign up for the Newsletter. I'm hoping the Newsletter will give us a heads up when the next round of voting gets near.

I don't use Facebook or Twitter either. Tried them. Don't like them. I've been enjoying the Sims for years without them.

• smoothyrus129smoothyrus129 Posts: 1,440 Member
    Tybee wrote: »
    Thanks spontaneousivy. Your instructions were clear and helpful. It seems obvious now, but I also had trouble finding where to vote. Also, under "News", there's a place to sign up for the Newsletter. I'm hoping the Newsletter will give us a heads up when the next round of voting gets near.

I don't use Facebook or Twitter either. Tried them. Don't like them. I've been enjoying the Sims for years without them.

Unfortunately, it seems that signing up for the newsletter is pointless. I've been signed up for years, and I don't even remember the last time I got a newsletter. They certainly aren't using it to keep us up to date on the progress of the stuff pack and voting. :/
  • TheLibrarySimTheLibrarySim Posts: 966 Member
    edited April 2017
    I just look for the announcement at the top of the page. Where they put the news about patches and whatever new packs are out.
    And I know this is being nitpicky, but it's "too," not "to."
    7mQr8Yt.jpg

Unfortunately, it seems that signing up for the newsletter is pointless. I've been signed up for years, and I don't even remember the last time I got a newsletter. They certainly aren't using it to keep us up to date on the progress of the stuff pack and voting. :/

Yeah, all I ever got from the newsletter was Grim's Ghoulish Guitar. I've never gotten an actual newsletter.
    wJbomAo.png

If you don't use Facebook, how do you low-key stalk hot people you went to university with?
    And how does your dad tag you in racist news stories?
    How do you see obnoxious baby photos from people you no longer hang out with, because they stopped being fun after they got married?
    wJbomAo.png
  • mebagl15mebagl15 Posts: 563 Member
    I also had trouble finding where to vote. I had to post a thread to get to it. I went looking when they first opened up the survey. I checked all the obvious places (The newsletter, the blog, Tumblr, the Sims community website, searched "Art Style Vote") and it was not there. I now have the Survey Monkey website bookmarked so next time I'll just go to that.

• AndreaTheHeroAndreaTheHero Posts: 578 Member
    mebagl15 wrote: »
    I also had trouble finding where to vote. I had to post a thread to get to it. I went looking when they first opened up the survey. I checked all the obvious places (The newsletter, the blog, Tumblr, the Sims community website, searched "Art Style Vote") and it was not there. I now have the Survey Monkey website bookmarked so next time I'll just go to that.

The votes are in the news blog on the official site. You just have to click 'read more'
  • SimGuruGrahamSimGuruGraham Posts: 1,189 SimGuru
    Hi all.

Circle May 18th on your calendar, and visit the news/blog section of The Sims website on that date to participate in the next vote. It'll be the top story, and voting will occur within the blog post.

Here's a handy link:
    https://www.thesims.com/news
    edited April 2017
    The Newsletter is pointless, I have been signed to that for a very long time, and I do check the News Blog page, and I end up in the forums for some reason or other, that is why I go by the Forums page to find where I need to go, but I will check the top of the page next time, thanks.
    P.S. SimGuruGraham I got it circled np.
  • gummybear0724gummybear0724 Posts: 1,146 Member
    I like how you complain about the number of threads in here by adding a new thread.
  • noodlesandmenoodlesandme Posts: 188 Member

Just so you know, I've gotten lost with this too. Today's the 23rd, and I still haven't found whatever it was that was supposed to happen on the 18th. I'm on Twitter, and it didn't help. Does anyone out there know what's happening with the project?
    :)
  • AndreaTheHeroAndreaTheHero Posts: 578 Member
    edited April 2017
    Hi all.

Circle May 18th on your calendar, and visit the news/blog section of The Sims website on that date to participate in the next vote. It'll be the top story, and voting will occur within the blog post.

Here's a handy link:

Just so you know, I've gotten lost with this too. Today's the 23rd, and I still haven't found whatever it was that was supposed to happen on the 18th. I'm on Twitter, and it didn't help. Does anyone out there know what's happening with the project?

MAY 18th...

Here's the info from two posts up.. and from the sims.com news section:

• Theme Vote (April 3rd - April 6th): Select the overall theme for the pack. Every part of the pack will be influenced by this key decision.
    • Art Style Vote (April 10th – April 12th): Select between proposed art styles for the pack, which will guide our concept artists in the objects and clothing they create.
    Objects & Clothing Vote (May 18th – May 21st): Browse through the concept art we’ve drawn for the pack, and select your top choices to help us determine which objects and pieces of clothing are included.
    • Feature Vote (June 23rd – June 26th): Select the top gameplay feature(s) you want to have included in the pack.
    • Pack Icon Vote (Fall): Peruse different icons and select the one that will appear in the pack's box art and within the in-game catalog.
    • Pack Title Vote (Fall): Select a title that best summarizes the pack's atmosphere and content.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,913 Member

Bosses tend to check job candidates Facebook and Twitter entries when selecting so be careful what you put on there!
  • noodlesandmenoodlesandme Posts: 188 Member
    edited April 2017
    Hi all.

Here's a handy link:

MAY 18th...

• Theme Vote (April 3rd - April 6th): Select the overall theme for the pack. Every part of the pack will be influenced by this key decision.
    • Art Style Vote (April 10th – April 12th): Select between proposed art styles for the pack, which will guide our concept artists in the objects and clothing they create.
    Objects & Clothing Vote (May 18th – May 21st): Browse through the concept art we’ve drawn for the pack, and select your top choices to help us determine which objects and pieces of clothing are included.
    • Feature Vote (June 23rd – June 26th): Select the top gameplay feature(s) you want to have included in the pack.
    • Pack Icon Vote (Fall): Peruse different icons and select the one that will appear in the pack's box art and within the in-game catalog.
    • Pack Title Vote (Fall): Select a title that best summarizes the pack's atmosphere and content.

Thank You so much :) , and evidently I can't tell the difference between April and MAY :# ! ( slinks away with head down)

I think it is for May 18th.
    Hi all.

Here's a handy link:

MAY 18th...

Thank You so much :) , and evidently I can't tell the difference between April and MAY :# ! ( slinks away with head down)

No worries I did the same thing, :)
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    So your solution to there being "too many threads" in this forum is to create a new thread to complain? :|

Now that we have the theme selected (Eco-Friendly), other theme topics could be move to the Ideas section (I saw one for Starter Stuff and another for Dangerous Stuff); that might help cut down on the clutter a bit. As for the original subject, I'd say having the announcement for the voting pinned as an "Announcement" would be a satisfactory solution.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)