Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

We need cemeteries... this is ridiculous.

Comments

• DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    Cemeteries are useless in this game. Did you ever visit the cemetery in other versions? Other than the crypt to go exploring, I rarely went there. Do you place your dead sims there? I never did. You can build your own cemetery, and most cemeteries have very little foot traffic. It's not the kind of place that draws a crowd IRL anyway. I've built a few cemeteries and they work just fine, plus they are populated by ghosts that are from a family that is still living, not random game generated ghosts.

My sims visited cemeteries all the time in previous sims games. Every so often in TS3 I would make a sim who was obsessed with ghosts and spent a lot of time at the graveyard to hangout with ghosts.

Have you built one in S4?
  • NectereNectere Posts: 1,002 Member
    I have a cemetery in my game that I built, I take urns there.
    MJRRrXv.png
    CVOOBcZ.png
    qoDXLdi.png
    bDFOoU1.png
    2yN6tpM.png

I havent updated the gallery one to be haunted but I did in my own game. Its set as a national park, but it could be set as a museum instead since it has the required items.

https://thesims.com/gallery/4EDF3E7B335111E68A68B68DB0DD1726?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=downloads&time=all&searchquery=NectereSim&max=50&maxis=false
    Mods should enhance my game, not fix it.
    Origin ID NectereSim
    That's a very nice cemetery.
  • SarahsShadySarahsShady Posts: 963 Member
    Nectere wrote: »
    I have a cemetery in my game that I built, I take urns there.
    MJRRrXv.png
    CVOOBcZ.png
    qoDXLdi.png
    bDFOoU1.png
    2yN6tpM.png

I havent updated the gallery one to be haunted but I did in my own game. Its set as a national park, but it could be set as a museum instead since it has the required items.

https://thesims.com/gallery/4EDF3E7B335111E68A68B68DB0DD1726?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=downloads&time=all&searchquery=NectereSim&max=50&maxis=false

Wow, that looks fantastic!
    I just wish I had an open lot to place a cemetery on. I don't like that almost every house has a tombstone in the yard or an urn on the mantle. Sims die when you play the same family for a while. I want a proper place to 'bury' them.
    #weneedmorelots #TS4morelots #Outofroom #TS4CAW
    giphy.gif

Please Bring Back Toddlers, Realistic Teenagers and Create a World.
    Make the Sims (4) Great Again<3

I placed a cemetery at the Ruins in Windenburg. It's out of the way and not a place I would have built a house.
  • InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    I'd support an official cemetery if it helps solve the problem of unwanted ghosts at nightclubs. I really hate clubbing after the first major die-offs for that reason. Death feels very...inconsequential in TS4. In earlier sims games, when someone died I felt it because their ability to come back and haunt was more sporadic and limited to wherever they were buried and only happened if they had a real, interactable tombstone or urn in the world. Which usually wasn't at a fun place like the club!

Maybe a cemetery could be a ghost containment lot of sorts, with the urn-management of TS3. Also, tuning hauntings to be less frequent would be nice.
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • heatherXkittyheatherXkitty Posts: 307 Member
    Cemeteries are useless in this game. Did you ever visit the cemetery in other versions? Other than the crypt to go exploring, I rarely went there. Do you place your dead sims there? I never did. You can build your own cemetery, and most cemeteries have very little foot traffic. It's not the kind of place that draws a crowd IRL anyway. I've built a few cemeteries and they work just fine, plus they are populated by ghosts that are from a family that is still living, not random game generated ghosts.

My sims visited cemeteries all the time in previous sims games. Every so often in TS3 I would make a sim who was obsessed with ghosts and spent a lot of time at the graveyard to hangout with ghosts.

Have you built one in S4?

No, I've thought about it multiple times over the years, but laziness and lack of motivation got the better of me hahaha
    banner_3.jpg?w=1200
  • boopishboopish Posts: 143 Member
    I agree, but it's fairly easy to build one. I have one in my game, and when someone dies, I just make the family go over to the lot and place the tombstone/urn there. It has a large underground mausoleum as well.
  • boopishboopish Posts: 143 Member
    > @Pegasys said:
    > To be clear, lack of cemeteries is not the problem. They are easy to create (even more so if you have the Vampires pack :) ).
    >
    > The real problem is with aging on for other sims, no urn or tombstone gets generated. If they die on another lot, and no tombstone gets generated, they are just gone from the game, and my sims can't mourn for them either.
    >
    > This is one of the reasons I play with aging off for sims I am not actively playing.

Oh I see, yeah I concur. That is an issue. I would assume that's an easy fix though, just have it so that an aging sim who dies in another household, has their tombstone or urn placed into the household inventory so the next time you play them, you can look?
  • BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
    We seriously need cemeteries in The Sims 4... I'm really sick and tired of never being able to find a Sim's gravestone/urn when they end up dying while being unplayed. It's not realistic at all. I miss in Sims 3 how all you needed to do was go to the mausoleum and choose their grave. In The Sims 4, if you're not currently playing a certain Sim who ends up dying, they basically vanish from existence and never to be seen again (except for, of course, when you go to dance clubs or whatever and their ghost is partying... which is also something I wish would be gone).

I really wish we could have cemeteries in this game... :| It would make things a lot less frustrating. Anyone agree?

Yup I agree, since I have been asking for them from day 1, :)
  • Vivi_WillowTreeVivi_WillowTree Posts: 451 Member
    I was hoping there was a form thread about this. Glad i found it. I am so tired of ghost sims taking up household lots and when you visit that lot the urn is not there. I really hope they add this in game as a lot option. It doesn't seem to matter if you evict the ghost household they still pop up at random events anyway.
    Why cant the dead sim just leave the urn where they dropped? It'd be like a mini game trying to find out what happened to Mrs Smith and where her body lies (urn). Then allow any player directed sim to be able to pick up the urn and do as they please with it.

Origin ID NectereSim
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    Maybe Cemeteries (or the ability to make them) will show up in an Occult pack? Still, we have loads of tombstones, and the Haunted Lot Trait, and you can call it a Generic lot too, so we really have all we need to make a cemetary, as @Nectere shows us.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • JumpingTrainsJumpingTrains Posts: 442 Member
    Loanet wrote: »
    Maybe Cemeteries (or the ability to make them) will show up in an Occult pack? Still, we have loads of tombstones, and the Haunted Lot Trait, and you can call it a Generic lot too, so we really have all we need to make a cemetary, as @Nectere shows us.

Yes, perhaps a zombie pack could come with that lot type. It would be perfect!
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,545 Member
    i fully disagree with this aspecaly since i am a player that do not let any sims age and do not let them die since i play with aging fully turn off
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • AutumnBladenAutumnBladen Posts: 295 Member
    You would have thought from the one pack that cemeteries should have came with it would have been "The Sims 4: Vampires" nope. Common sense was not there for that one. Maybe we can get The Sims 4: Rest In Peace stuff pack where we can gain cemetery gameplay! Since it's known we are going to be stuffed endlessly with these packs The Sims 4: Rest In Peace seems like an appropriate stuff pack to have cemeteries make an official return to the series!

maybe they'll add it in through the normal, free updates?
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    You can't have zombies because some countries have this thing about zombies; they class it as desecration of the dead and it makes the game X rated. It's like how this game is 18 in Russia because of the gay options. It's a touchy subject in some places.

It's something like that, anyway.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • philkewleyphilkewley Posts: 552 Member
    I think it's a shame that a cemetery wasn't included with Vampires, after all it's kind of part of their story and it's something that a lot of players have requested.
    And I think it could still be added to the game as a hidden location like Forgotten Grotto, and over time the headstones could decay or become overgrown. It could even be possible to buy a family plot or mausoleum.
  • IrishAussieIrishAussie Posts: 63 Member
    @philkewley
    I agree! It would have made a lot of sense to include it with the vampire pack, disappointed to see it was not included. Hopefully they do add it as a hidden location or something! :)
    ~My level of sarcasm has gotten to point where I don't know if I'm kidding or not.~
    philkewley wrote: »
    I think it's a shame that a cemetery wasn't included with Vampires, after all it's kind of part of their story and it's something that a lot of players have requested.
    And I think it could still be added to the game as a hidden location like Forgotten Grotto, and over time the headstones could decay or become overgrown. It could even be possible to buy a family plot or mausoleum.

They added new headstones that you can write on so you can make your own cemeteries. Then you know where your ghosts are and who by the name on the tombstone.
  • DragonCat159DragonCat159 Posts: 1,896 Member
    i fully disagree i do not went to see cimetarys or gravestones in my game and the best way for me to avoid that is to keep aging fully off including aging off for sims i do not play
    Fair enough, but If they gave us to place the premade lot and an option to disable&enable death (if death is enable, it should spawn gravestones on npc lots), that should cater us that do want that and it wouldn't interfare with your gameplay style.
    NNpYlHF.jpg
    edited May 2017
    philkewley wrote: »
    ... It could even be possible to buy a family plot or mausoleum.

I think this would be an awesome choice, much like buy a retail or restaurant - buy a family cemetery - it would definitely require a new world or more lots or something tho as we do not have enough space as it is.

I still wish sims would leave an urn behind when they drop dead and allow anyone (player directed) to pick it up.

Origin ID NectereSim
  • EmzyDalsvidaEmzyDalsvida Posts: 15,617 Member
    In my current game, I played with 2 sisters and their boyfriends. One couple had 2 kids and the other couple had 1.

I moved the eldest kid out of the household and set her up with a boyfriend, when i moved back to the main household with all the elders and the 2 other children (now youmg adults)

3 of the parents were dead! There were no urns left and obviously no graveyard i could check. Very sad. Very sad indeed that there wasnt anything for my sims

I waited abd waited for the last elder to die because i desperately did not want to miss it. I wanted the grave but he didnt die!

It was his day EVERYDAY. Think it was glitched. Anyway, i cheat killed him of elder exertion. However i just have this single grave urn and its a bit sad i cant set it up somewhere with his wife, sister in law and her husband.
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    I might as well jump in on this, I want one as well, It is part of Simming and should be included and not a paid addition.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Bear31Bear31 Posts: 3,412 Member
    Cemeteries don't really hold anything for me really, I can take it or leave it as the case may be. I mean, yeah sure, its nice but I could do without it. However, if it was between having a ghost take up residence in a house or something, and since the game is all like "do you want to evict this person" when you want it for yourself and your sims, then it'd be a good fix for sure. Also, it would be a good fix for the endless mourning at an urn. It bothers me that, if there is an urn on the lot that your sim will autonomously go over to it and mourn even if your sim doesn't know the sim who died.

Also, at the time of death, I believe that one person here had mentioned the want of family and friends to know. I think that, if they could implement, they should. I think it maybe ought to be an option for your sim, with their phone, be able to "give news of death in family". That way they could be able to mourn as well. And as for the public displays of sadness over a person dying in public.......even if they are not known to your sim.....could be tweaked a bit. Personally speaking, if someone I didn't know personally were to pass in front of me I'd be feeling shocked and overwhelmed first and the grief would come shortly thereafter......not just break down in tears instantly.

Lastly, they really need to fix the option to plead to spare a sims life. Once, in my game, my sim pleaded for another. Sim got brought back for only two seconds before Grim tried to reap him again. Then, I had another one of my sims plead for this same guy, he was spared yet again, and then Grim reaped him again only after two seconds of life.