Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A Tribute to Mom

luvdasims55luvdasims55 Posts: 14,649 Member
on Easter sunday, my mother passed on to join my father who had preceeded her by 25 years. she was 82 years old. she had breast cancer and dementia. your fight is over mom. i miss you and love you dearly, but i know you are now at peace and have moved on to a better place to be with dad.

i'm grateful for her guidance, friendship, and unconditional love. the many little things like a pleasant chat over coffee or lunch, which are invaluable and treasured memories.

i hope you all don't mind my sharing this. you have all been like a second family to me.

Comments

• Options
    5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    So sorry for your loss. :( Sending you a hug. Your mom will always be in your heart.
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
  • Options
    @5782341b77vl thanks for your hug and kind words :)
  • Options
    FereldanCherryFereldanCherry Posts: 291 Member
    I am really sorry for your loss. A tight hug from me too. She for sure is with your dad now ♥. Good thing that we will always keep those memories as treasures in our hearts.
    The Fox And The Lion (Chapter 1 - The Introduction): https://fereldencherry.tumblr.com/tagged/tfatl1/chrono
  • Options
    @FereldanCherry i come from a family of huggers. appreciate the hug and kind words. thanks! :)
  • Options
    simellesimelle Posts: 149 Member
    I'm so sorry to hear this. I honestly wish you the best in the future and I hope you get through this with your family. Biggest hugs from me!
    “Fear doesn't shut you down; it wakes you up”
    tenor.gif
    Check out my youtube channel!
  • Options
    KendranaKendrana Posts: 4,072 Member
    edited April 2017
    I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. :/

Losing an immediate family member would be really rough. I've gone through losing both sets of my grandparents in the past, but have never lost a parent or sibling.
  • Options
    appreciate the hugs and kind words. thanks! :)
  • Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,427 Member
    @luvdasims55

I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. Lost my father over 7 year ago just before Christmas 1999 and I still remember that day as if it was yesterday and the emotions of that loss still come up even now.

Let it come out. The Sims Forum is a refuge for most of us...and we rally behind each other. Losing a parent is hard and know that we care. Take care of yourself through this whole ordeal. And if you ever feel the need to vent... don't be shy in doing so. We'll understand.

GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    BlargianBlargian Posts: 197 Member
    Thank you for sharing this with us :) I hope you are surrounded by support at this time

At least your parents are together again! He has been waiting a long time!
    KYkPuFT.png?1
    Bloodlines: Gustav & Ishka's Legacy | Family Tree: Echo + Plum | ID: Jalooloo
  • Options
    spaceisstrangespaceisstrange Posts: 84 Member
    <3<3<3 I'm so sorry to hear.