Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What would people like to see return from ts1?

I've seen a lot of people talk about cas and build/buy stuff from ts2 and 3 that they'd like to see redone in 4. What about stuff from ts1? Are there any things people would like to see remade from the original game? I haven't played ts1 in forever so I don't have any suggestions, just curious what other people think about this.

Comments

• Options
    mebagl15mebagl15 Posts: 563 Member
    I'd like to see the Build & Buy items. Especially the doors and windows.
  • Options
    taraincognitataraincognita Posts: 109 Member
    My experience with Sims 1 is somewhat limited and long ago, but I do remember the rollercoasters and Magic Town. I loved those. I didn't like the rollercoaster in Sims 3 so much.
  • Options
    LatteCrabLatteCrab Posts: 2,935 Member
    edited April 2017
    I esp miss the counters, they are in the second pic, with a plant on it - clock over it, next to bubbles thing - (they were surface-top only/no cabinets under), and many of the buy & build mode objects.
    To me, many of the objects had a lot of cute little details. <3
    Here are a few pics from my game that I posted in the past, showing some of the items I miss...
    lIDZY69.jpg
    Wr5ImQu.jpg
    9EspAQI.jpg
    5ugjWhL.jpg
  • Options
    Uzone27Uzone27 Posts: 2,808 Member
    Doorbells :|
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    The Clown Roller Coaster.
  • Options
    TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    edited April 2017
    I want a GP of TS1 stuff. I want it to come with the Drew Carey and Mrs. Crumplebottom NPCs. I want that robot buter/maid thing. I want the wild objects like that vibrating heart bed. I want the Newbies back as townies along with their house. I want them to be a part of the default welcome wagon since they were the tutorial couple in Sims 1. I want a small world like we got in Vampires of the original Sims 1 'hood.

But I mostly want all the stuff. Couldn't care less about Sims 2 or 3 but Sims 1 was my jam back in the day and I miss it terribly.
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • Options
    ohmyohmyohmyohmy Posts: 614 Member
    bear rug
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Id like to see the volleyball net and carnival games.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    ratsrbestratsrbest Posts: 579 Member
    How odd, I was thinking about this earlier today, well before finding your thread :)

There was a really smart floor lamp with a metal stem and dark red glass bowl lampshade I used to love.

The shiny diner style counters, table and seating as shown in @SimplySimazing 's picture above

Some kitchen counters with a black counter top

Magic Town and the Rabbit Hole and music. And the wallpaper.

Oh heck, the list of things I don't want would be shorter. Sims 1 just had more style. I loved it.
    Don't feed the trolls
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    Pools in which Sims can swim.
  • Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I don't remember TS1 that well though I enjoyed it. (I don't even remember most of TS2 other than the family that I played most of the time and certain events like trying to get into private school or sending a student to university).

That said, the big thing that pops into my mind is Superstar. That was great fun in and of itself. I'd love to see a Fame EP or GP that incorporates a lot from it. The ability to act, do music or model in one expansion and to watch them awkwardly performing was great. I don't actually want to be famous myself but it was funny to watch them go for it. Getting chased by paparazzi and running into Marilyn Monroe (or an impersonator) were memorable.

There are elements in TS4 already like the spas, the sushi and the social media careers from CL that allow for internet fame. There are several luxury and glamour-related SPs but it would be great though to see something based on the attitude of Superstar though, perhaps done in a way that is updated and stylish. There are certainly more styles and items in that concept for them to create. Also, more related gameplay would probably help to sell more of those packs as well as the newer release.

I agree about fixing the swimming in pools too. Needs to happen.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    Magic town, magic duels, the Roman themed decor, furniture and clothing.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    Superkam64Superkam64 Posts: 209 Member
    I want a GP of TS1 stuff. I want it to come with the Drew Carey and Mrs. Crumplebottom NPCs. I want that robot buter/maid thing. I want the wild objects like that vibrating heart bed. I want the Newbies back as townies along with their house. I want them to be a part of the default welcome wagon since they were the tutorial couple in Sims 1. I want a small world like we got in Vampires of the original Sims 1 'hood.

But I mostly want all the stuff. Couldn't care less about Sims 2 or 3 but Sims 1 was my jam back in the day and I miss it terribly.

That's an amazing idea! I'd love GP or SP of just classic Sims 1 stuff! The style of TS1 was truly amazing and special.

I loved the bear rug from TS1 and would love to see it return. I also love this single seater yellow couch from TS1 which I used in every house as a kid. I'd love to see the couch return for nostalgia and would definitely use them again if they're added to TS4!
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    edited April 2017
    The adult cake with the male/female dancer.
    The dance cage.
    Love heart bed.
    Rollercoasters/magic town
    Studio town from superstar
    The romance socials. There are a few that never made it into the sims 2 or 3. Playing footsy and fiery kiss and growl being a few I can think of.
    Terrain editing.

I still play the sims 1! Love it so much.
  • Options
    AcidfairyyyAcidfairyyy Posts: 45 Member
    The skydive machine!
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member

I would love this! I would happily buy that day one!
  • Options
    simlish1simlish1 Posts: 2,738 Member
    It would be nice if they done a TS1 pack for TS4 for like an anniversary stuff pack.
    Origin ID - eliselove1
    Four Seasons Properties

• Options
    PsychoSimXXPsychoSimXX Posts: 4,403 Member
    edited April 2017

You know Drew Cary crashing your party would annoy the heck out of me but I kind of miss it now...LOL Mrs. Crumlebottom should be like the Goths and never left out!!!!!

I would pretty much love everything!!! I miss being able to build the shops we could in TS1, sending our sims to those shops and buying gifts.

One shop I would REALLY love to be functional and not for looks is a jewelry store. To be able to send sims to the shop and have them pick out their rings and those rings be their rings. Send the one who will be doing the asking to buy a certain ring and that ring would be the engagement ring.

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • Options
    CiarassimsCiarassims Posts: 3,547 Member
    Pools in which Sims can swim.

Slides to go with pools ;) (or was that the sims 2??)
    giphy_1.gif
  • Options
    ANNETTE1951ANNETTE1951 Posts: 520 Member
    I esp miss the counters, they are in the second pic, with a plant on it - clock over it, next to bubbles thing - (they were surface-top only/no cabinets under), and many of the buy & build mode objects.
    To me, many of the objects had a lot of cute little details. <3
    Here are a few pics from my game that I posted in the past, showing some of the items I miss...
    lIDZY69.jpg
    Wr5ImQu.jpg
    9EspAQI.jpg
    5ugjWhL.jpg

Oh my gosh, does this bring back memories! Thanks for posting those pix!
  • Options
    AvianatorAvianator Posts: 188 Member
    Those sexy dancers jumping out of a cake. <3
    But I guess The Sims 4 is much to prudish for spicy things like this.
  • Options
    ANNETTE1951ANNETTE1951 Posts: 520 Member
    I loved the beach town with all the little shops. It was so much fun going from one shop to another. You could buy things and also there were food venues as well. It was a lot of fun.
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    The dance cage was the first thing that I thought, but also Makin Magic roller coasters (you could pick pieces and arrange them to your liking).
  • Options
    KlthfKlthf Posts: 230 Member
    I would like to see the skydiving simulator and the scuba diving tanks from The Sims 1 Superstar return:

GalileosFree-For-All.jpg
    42403-the-sims-superstar-windows-screenshot-the-scuba-diving-tank.jpg

Also carnival rides, like The Sims 1 Makin' Magic:

tumblr_lps641dJ7y1qafxn0o1_400.jpg
    tumblr_lz1sdxq6w01qlop36o1_500.jpg

And of course the entertainer NPC from The Sims 1 House Party, getting out of the cake on parties:

latest?cb=20090606223845

Overall I would like the return of all those sound effects and the great background music. There was also a certain yellow armchair in the basegame, of which I can't seem to find a picture. I Always used that chair when I had to buy a chair in the tutorial. And it was also one of the first pieces of furniture I always added to the Goths' house, next to the bookcase in the living room.
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member

I agree with this totally. I would make it an EP and add everything, all the stuff in those pictures above and the Newbies, Drew and Mrs. Crumplebottom. Plus a new world from S1 to live in and shop in. This would solve my desire for them to release S1 like they did S2 only done in the S4 art style. How cool would that be?