Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Forbidden Fruit As Fish Bait

heatherXkittyheatherXkitty Posts: 307 Member
I seem to have an over abundance of The PlantSim Forbidden Fruit and Quickly learned that it sells for a whopping $0.

Naturally I had no idea what I was going to do with all this Forbidden Fruit. BUT! I was fishing and went to fish with bait and saw that you can use the Forbidden Fruit as bait and was like, "What the heck, lets try it." Low and behold I caught something!

I don't know exactly which fish will accept this bait or if all will, my sim has a low fishing level. So far I know that koi likes this as a bait.

If anyone else discovers other fish that can be caught with Forbidden Fruit please feel free to comment your findings below!

Update: I will add more fish to the list below as I discover more as well as any that are in the comments.

Final Update: After getting my sim to max fishing level and spending a bunch on hours fishing in every location, I believe this is a complete list of every fish you can catch using Forbidden Fruit as bait. If it turns out I missed some and a person reading this discovers that, please comment your finding below to help other simmers out! Thank you for taking the time to read! Side note: Throughout this experience I continuously evolved my Forbidden Fruit tree and after a long while the fruit eventually is sellable for a price, I don't remember the number but the higher the quality of Forbidden Fruit, the more money you will get from it. It just takes time before it's profitable. Though using as bait and selling fish is pretty profitable when you end up catching the rare ones. Like the Sturgeon I caught a bunch during this experience and usually got ones ranging from $1000 - $3000.

Fish catchable with Forbidden Fruit:
  • Koi
  • Bass
  • Cichlid
  • Minnow
  • Tuna
  • Catfish
  • Betta
  • Pufferfish
  • Kissing Gourami
  • Perch
  • Goldfish