Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

May Patch Speculations 2017

Comments

• Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    Oh_Mere wrote: »
    Honestly there's one little thing I've been hoping for for a long time, and that's for a random button for their traits. I know of the random trait generators online, but I hate having to minimize my game to use that every time someone is born. and I don't like picking traits myself for sims born in game because I'll just pick the same things all the time.

I'm probably really out of the loop on this though. Is there a specific reason we don't have a random button for traits?

yes that would be nice
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    jeromesimsworldjeromesimsworld Posts: 78 Member
    I know everyone would probably love pre-teens but I honestly would much rather not have them. Maybe it's because I am a simple guy. I'm struggling with the toddlers at the moment. They needier than the babies. I would like to see more relationship options in CAS though. Creating more bonds via family in the game is what I would really like to see.
    ORIGIN ID: JeromeJoynes

jeromesimsworld.wordpress.com

[img][/img]0g1lXMR.png
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Oh_Mere wrote: »
    Honestly there's one little thing I've been hoping for for a long time, and that's for a random button for their traits. I know of the random trait generators online, but I hate having to minimize my game to use that every time someone is born. and I don't like picking traits myself for sims born in game because I'll just pick the same things all the time.

I'm probably really out of the loop on this though. Is there a specific reason we don't have a random button for traits?

I believe we already have this. I don't have saw, also I'm not sure.

No, we don't have randomization for traits or aspirations in CAS.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    kikyo_1987kikyo_1987 Posts: 42 Member
    I would like to see cribs and possible interactions with babies outside of their bassinet. I don't think they will add preteens to the game (ever) but I would like to see somethings like the sneak out with friends action that they had in sims 2 (never really got into playing sims 3). I also would like to see more consequences for having bad grades added to the patch. Family trips like going to the park for a picnic or family night would be fun to have. (either in the patch or in the GP)
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Hopefully they can slip in body piercings into this patch.
  • Options
    applehartapplehart Posts: 83 Member
    I personally would love for this patch to fix how sims have like every relationship level under the sun listed--I mean, when you hover over their picture in the relationship panel. Acquaintance, best friend, love bird, soulmate, all at the same time. This can't be on purpose, right? It's like the game doesn't erase the previous relationship status when a new status takes precedence. Maybe this being fixed would solve the problem of sims getting whims to marry their spouses--which, PLEASE fix that, too!
  • Options
    x_Always_Heart_xx_Always_Heart_x Posts: 567 Member
    I hope one day we can change the length of life stages w/out mods again

I was also thinking that children could be taught to garden by their parents and learn to cook and bake with an EasyBake oven type thingy.

• Options
    BooV7227BooV7227 Posts: 282 Member
    edited May 2017
    So what's the chance of the patch dropping tomorrow?

:) ?

If the Game Pack is coming out on the 30th, then tomorrow would be a week ahead. Does that sound about right?
    tCTe03l.png
  • Options
    NeresaNeresa Posts: 26 Member
    i was thinking that maybe parent could meet the kids teachers, go to school event with their children, after school activities and paid tutors as well high school graduation ceremony.
  • Options
    PallystylePallystyle Posts: 2,415 Member
    I'm thinking maybe, patch Thursday and then live stream Friday. The pack releases on the 30th, right? (next Tuesday)
    My Sims 4 Creations= Click Here ;) Find me on origin at Pallystyle
    My Murkland Challenge Adventures: Click Here

• Options
    lunaodditylunaoddity Posts: 632 Member
    edited May 2017
    I think we'll get scheduled parties/events back like in TS3. Given all the time bugs lately (random texts at weird times, barely functional CL outings) and the upcoming family curfew in the GP.

EDIT: Hopefully they fix everything mentioned here regarding the relationship panel, extended family, etc.
  • Options
    JumpingTrainsJumpingTrains Posts: 442 Member
    Fixing the Detective career would be nice. I saw complaints about it for months now.
  • Options
    my sims cant make out anymore I hope they fix that
  • Options
    mikishugo246mikishugo246 Posts: 48 Member
    > @jeromesimsworld said:
    > I know everyone would probably love pre-teens but I honestly would much rather not have them. Maybe it's because I am a simple guy. I'm struggling with the toddlers at the moment. They needier than the babies. I would like to see more relationship options in CAS though. Creating more bonds via family in the game is what I would really like to see.

I agree, the toddlers are a challenge. Which is good, but adding preschool is too much, unless it's made as a rabbit hole, which would make it easy for us to control the whole family.
  • Options
    TomatplanteTomatplante Posts: 2,793 Member
    Same bug fix wish list as last time:
    1. Detective career
    2. Dine out food bug
    3. Swimming laps
    4. Time distortion
    5. Lag when interacting with toddlers
  • Options
    ImGluedToMyComputerImGluedToMyComputer Posts: 188 Member
    Idk if its just my game but every time I try to give my toddler a bath her parents just put her in her highchair :/
    Soo... When do we get preteens playing in snow?
  • Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    I'm hoping we get new relationship settings in CAS with this patch. They are needed.
    Which reminds me and I hope is in either the patch or Parenthood. I heard the narrator mention grandparents in the new parenting trailer.
  • Options
    do you guys think the patch will be tomorrow
  • Options
    Callous_LilyCallous_Lily Posts: 198 Member

I was also thinking that children could be taught to garden by their parents and learn to cook and bake with an EasyBake oven type thingy.

Oh, you made me think of that toy oven in Sims 3 that the kids could bake muffins in. I'd forgotten about it til you mentioned the EasyBake. It would be nice to have that in Sims 4.
  • Options
    johnjetjohnjet Posts: 101 Member

I'm starting to think there might not be a patch at all.
  • Options
    BooV7227 wrote: »
    So what's the chance of the patch dropping tomorrow?

:) ?

If the Game Pack is coming out on the 30th, then tomorrow would be a week ahead. Does that sound about right?

It's more likely on Thursday.
  • Options
    my sims cant make out anymore I hope they fix that

Do you mean they teleport off the sofa when trying to makeout? I'm not having an issue with that or atleast I didn't last time I played but then again it's been awhile. You might want to tag SimGuruNick or SimGuruArvin.
  • Options
    johnjet wrote: »

I'm starting to think there might not be a patch at all.

There will be a patch. They have to prepatch for new packs. Patch will be Thursday more then likely.
  • Options
    they cant make out anywhere @SimGuruNick
  • Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    Either tomorrow or on Friday.