Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

May Patch Speculations 2017

Comments

• JumpingTrainsJumpingTrains Posts: 442 Member
    Honestly, I could see teens getting some sort of update. Making them somewhat shorter and changing their animations a bit.

The patches are so random though lol. Toddlers followed by a new lot trait, followed by a plantsim challenge is really random haha.

Hopefully they fix the Detective career. Apparently it's been broken for several months now? Ridiculous.

• catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    The patch before TS3 Generations contained body hair for free. Please repeat this!!!

Possibly or maybe New Relationship Ties in CAS what I'm hoping for.
    Pre-pack patch for the family GP... hmmm I speculate that it will add some new interactions into the base game. I hope this GP is interaction heavy instead of focusing on interactive objects. Makes more sense thinking about 'family' as a theme to include socials with unique animations for every age group, and put a focus on family interactivity.

Agreed. I'd rather have more interactions and animations then objects but I do hope we get swings and seesaws.
  • knazzerknazzer Posts: 3,382 Member
    Hopefully fix those minor bugs, musical chairs etc would love some more in depth customization options such as body hair, aging makeup etc and perhaps something for elders and teens.
  • TheBristolSimmerTheBristolSimmer Posts: 705 Member
    Thing is - I was so sure they wouldn't just patch in Toddlers. I thought that was too big a thing for them to give away free... I ended up eating my own hat!

So who knows what they'll patch in.
    The Bristol Simmer||Find my builds and legacy updates on the gallery! Have a happy day!

68OUgVc.jpg
  • aws200aws200 Posts: 2,262 Member
    I really hope the finally patch the cannot propose to Sim bug so you no longer have to switch Sims/households to propose if its even possible. There seems to be a connection to the serial romantic aspiration.
    1. The Sims 2
    2. The Sims 3
    3. The Sims 4 (5 years later its decent)
    4. The Sims 1
  • spotharrisspotharris Posts: 112 Member
    Body hair would be great to have officially. I hate having to use the CC body hair because it's always tattoos or face details. I could see them adding that alongside werewolves though. Given they added more teeth with the vampire patch. But I would love to be proven wrong
  • klestrellaklestrella Posts: 440 Member
    While I would totally welcome preteens, I'm with the party that thinks teens need attention first. Adding a new life stage such as preteens, if done as fantastically as toddlers, is just going to draw further attention to the fact that the teens are not nearly as fleshed out and unique as they should be. They need more age-specific interactions, whims, and I'd love if they could add more traits that they'll grow out of like the ones they did for toddlers. Granted, that's only if they'll fix that issue where the toddler/age-specific traits sometimes still show up in a sim's info panel once they're older. I'm also fairly certain that the Kids' Room SP was meant to supply players with the clothing and items to make the existing children appear older and more between child and teen. The "Between TV" station and tween pop radio station seem to be pretty huge giveaways that that's about all the "pre-teen" we may see, but I could be wrong. I wouldn't at all be bothered if I am. :smile:

For the patch, I'd be ecstatic if all we got was a ton of bug fixes. We needed those like, three months ago. :lol: My speculation as for any new patch releases is that they may patch in new interactions between family members and they'll hopefully fix and add new familial relationships. I really want in-laws, step parents and siblings, second cousins, and so on to be recognized. Probably too wild a dream to dream, but I'd also love to see families passing down heirlooms, recipes, photos and such, parents offering more life lessons and guidance to their children than the existing "teach valuable lesson" interaction, and the ability for parents to set curfews and discipline their teens with groundings if they misbehave, break rules, or have poor grades. I'd imagine those things would be more at home in the actual Family GP, but it'd be nice if they patched more family-oriented options like these into the game so that all players can enjoy them even if they don't purchase the pack.
  • KlthfKlthf Posts: 230 Member
    With the family game pack coming out this spring, I assume the May patch will contain content that relates to that theme. I could think of either a teens update (with new traits, clothing and hopefully a change in facial features, and maybe the piercings that have been hinted at by some people), a memory system or an update to the family tree, adding relationships like step-family and in-laws. Besides that I hope we will get a lot of bug fixes, because that is most needed.
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member
    Maybe they will patch in police so that teens can get into trouble again. I loved in sims 2 how teens could sneak out and sometimes come home in a police car and get busted.
    #Team Occult
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    LiELF wrote: »
    Maybe they will patch in police so that teens can get into trouble again. I loved in sims 2 how teens could sneak out and sometimes come home in a police car and get busted.

it would be nice to see police back again so I hope your right
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    Maybe woohoo shower? Maybe police and burglar? Maybe curfew? Maybe slow dance? Maybe more interactions for family? It's to hard to guess what will be in the patch... :neutral:
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • AuronoiChieftainAuronoiChieftain Posts: 362 Member
    Most people are talking about how Preteens are going to be added, and honestly I hope they never get added, Mainly because there are already too many bugs in the game to not be addressed for months on end (the Dine Out Bug that happened when Vampires were released, You know, the one were Chefs of ANY SKILL LEVEL only make NORMAL and POOR QUALITY food, Seriously, SimGuru's fix this bug, don't you realize this will KEEP people from BUYING Dine Out).
  • ShadowmarkedShadowmarked Posts: 1,054 Member
    Maybe I'm bit selfish but I don't want them to patch in preteens because I don't want that life stage in my game at all and avoiding a single patch and still being able to get all the others is impossible as far as I know. If they want to add it in a GP or EP I'm cool with that but I would rather they fixed up game bugs before they gave me something like preteens. (especially when they did the toddler patch it caused so many bugs I would rather not have to go through that again)
    If they really are set on adding game content to prep for the new GP I would rather it was some traits or socials for teens and kids because they could be fleshed out more also I think that it would have a larger use and appeal to more people since many complain about the lack of stuff for them to do and it isn't forcing game changing content on people.
    Just my opinion and hopes.
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    BeJaWa wrote: »
    Maybe I'm bit selfish but I don't want them to patch in preteens because I don't want that life stage in my game at all and avoiding a single patch and still being able to get all the others is impossible as far as I know. If they want to add it in a GP or EP I'm cool with that but I would rather they fixed up game bugs before they gave me something like preteens. (especially when they did the toddler patch it caused so many bugs I would rather not have to go through that again)
    If they really are set on adding game content to prep for the new GP I would rather it was some traits or socials for teens and kids because they could be fleshed out more also I think that it would have a larger use and appeal to more people since many complain about the lack of stuff for them to do and it isn't forcing game changing content on people.

I agree with you I want more stuff for kids and teens to do
    I want mood swings for teens and more toys for kids
    it seems like a lot of people want preteens to do what teens are suppose to be doing
    and I don't want to take away from what that life stage should be
    more for sim kids and more drama please
    New relationship ties in CAS is what I'm hoping for and maybe piercings. Peircings I think could fit a Family GP Update.
  • mintycupcakemintycupcake Posts: 13,212 Member
    Y'all are dreaming if you honestly think pre-teens will be patched in so soon after toddlers. It took nearly 2 years and a devoted team to create toddlers, they're not going to whack out pre-teens in a couple months. Don't get your hopes up. It's not realistic.

I think story progression would be a great fit to patch in around the release of a family pack, but I think that is unlikely for the same reason I mentioned above.

I would like to see a relationships overhaul too, but with some stipulations. I wouldn't want my Sim who married his step-mom to break my game, for example.
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
  • CiarassimsCiarassims Posts: 3,547 Member
    New relationship ties in CAS is what I'm hoping for and maybe piercings. Peircings I think could fit a Family GP Update.

Just curious how piercings could work in a family GP?
    giphy_1.gif
  • MrMonty96MrMonty96 Posts: 1,715 Member
    Y'all are dreaming if you honestly think pre-teens will be patched in so soon after toddlers. It took nearly 2 years and a devoted team to create toddlers, they're not going to whack out pre-teens in a couple months. Don't get your hopes up. It's not realistic.

I think story progression would be a great fit to patch in around the release of a family pack, but I think that is unlikely for the same reason I mentioned above.

I would like to see a relationships overhaul too, but with some stipulations. I wouldn't want my Sim who married his step-mom to break my game, for example.

Thissss. Exactly what I was thinking.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    spotharris wrote: »
    Body hair would be great to have officially. I hate having to use the CC body hair because it's always tattoos or face details. I could see them adding that alongside werewolves though. Given they added more teeth with the vampire patch. But I would love to be proven wrong

Body hair came with Generations in Sims 3, which is why I think people might associate it with the Family GP if it's a Generations-type of pack.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    BeJaWa wrote: »

Maybe a lot trait that would attract toddlers (with parents/nannies) and children to lots? We got the Teen Hangout lot trait in the pre-Bowling SP patch so it's not that far-fetched. So if you put the new lot trait on a park or a library you'd see adults with toddlers, along with children, so if you took your toddler to that location there'd be other toddlers there for yours to play with. They could also possibly modify the programming so that toddlers can't travel to another lot on their own, but have to be accompanied by another Sim teen or older. We could maybe get a park or a library in the pack that has the lot trait already and has the new content already set up (especially if we get new playground equipment; they could incorporate that with the base game play objects).
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    edited May 2017
    Thing is - I was so sure they wouldn't just patch in Toddlers. I thought that was too big a thing for them to give away free... I ended up eating my own hat!

So who knows what they'll patch in.
    Some of us do end eating our own hats these days when we are sure they'll do this when they end doing that instead. I can't even begin to count how many times that I have ended up eating my own hat because I was wrong in predicting what they'll do next. I guess one can say that it's their revenge over all those predictions that we have gotten right back in the S3 days. :)
  • Callous_LilyCallous_Lily Posts: 198 Member
    I'd like to see a couple of new toddler hair styles, esp for girls. I'd love a couple of new personality traits and a few new lot traits. Most of all, I'd like to see the relationship culling minimized. I hate having to reintroduce my Sim to a townie that I knew last week.