Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Jasmine Holiday

Every time Jasmine Holiday shows up on my street where my sim is, my sim gets stuck and I have to reset Jasmine to get my sim unstuck. (debug) Like my sim will be in the middle of doing something and then just stand there, stuck and not finishing her task or doing any other queued up tasks until I reset Jasmine - then all sims on the street proceed as normal. (yes this effects all sims in the area in my game)

I wish plead and pour sprinkles on top for a quick patch on her. Pretty please?
Mods should enhance my game, not fix it.
Origin ID NectereSim

Comments

• rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,581 Member
    Hello
    If you have cc/mods in your game, move your mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and see if the issues are still there.

Sometimes having a large amount of items in the sims inventories and household inventory can cause issues. Try removing some of the items from the inventories and see if that helps.

It the issues remain, repairing the game may help. To do that, right click on the sims 4 picture in Origin and click repair.

Try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" or " options " file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder
  • NectereNectere Posts: 1,002 Member
    none of that helped but thanks tho, I dont use mods or cc either.
    Origin ID NectereSim
    Try testing in a new save game and see if the issue occurs in the new save game also.

Try lowering your graphics settings and see if that helps.

edited April 2017
    Ok, I have tried literally everything now. Two different computers, a fully clean install, low graphics, I do not use mods or CC, yadda yadda.

Every time Jasmine shows up in the hood I am playing (usually in front of my house) and sometimes even just a wandering plant sim - all sims in the area get stuck in some sort of loop waiting for something until I shift click the offender (only once has it just been a plant sim) and reset object debug, only then will my sim complete her next task and when that is completed, she gets stuck again, because Jasmine is still standing out there somewhere and again shift click debug reset, all sims in area start doing their thing again and so on and so on. I would really like to delete Jasmine at this point because once she shows up, she just doesnt walk away, she just stands there.

@BryonyRae you got any ideas?

Is it possible this is a forced challenge? I finally made my sim (who wasnt participating) to ask her about the challenge, after the third time of asking Jasmine FINALLY LEFT. Is she just going to hang around the lot waiting and waiting for your sim to ask for a stump? She keeps coming back tho...I dont know what her deal is. I wish there was an office of holiday affairs, so I could go to them and not have them stalk my sims. If I want to participate I can go to their office and pick up their stump or w/e they are offering. That Jasmine lady walks by my sims house all day and night. My sim seems to have autonomy, but if I direct her to do something is when things break down. Jasmine also seems to think about my mailbox a lot. The mailbox is fine, in fact I have replaced it with several varieties thinking she just didnt like that one. I have moved it, I dunno why she is fixated in thought on my mailbox. She has been standing in front of my sims house for 24 hours (sim hours)

I added her to my family and deleted her...now lets see what happens.

Well she came right back. Now a this is odd, I noticed every time I snap a picture it acts like a reset and things move on - instead of resetting Jasmine. weird.
    Post edited by Nectere on
    Origin ID NectereSim
    Hello
    I am sorry that you are having this issue.
    Try turning off origin in-game and see if that helps. To do that, go,to Game Library in Origin . Right click on The Sims 4 picture. Click on “Game Properties”. Then untick the box that enables origin in-game

Try playing in off line mode and see if that helps.
    None of that has helped.
    Origin ID NectereSim
    Try checking that your graphics drivers are up to date on both computers and see if that helps.

Try switching between 32 bit mode and 64 bit mode and see if one of the modes helps the issue more than the other
    Go to Game Library in Origin . Right click on The Sims 4 picture.
    Click on “Game Properties”. Click on Advanced Launch options.
    Change the “When launching this Game” setting to “The Sims 4 32-bit”
    Or change the “When launching this Game” setting to “The Sims 4 64-bit”
    edited April 2017
    I have done all that, nothing changed. Again I used two different computers with clean installs. Same issue in both installs. Jasmine would show up in front of w/e house in Newcrest and just stand there looping some call.

In any case, I have found through much head banging and hair pulling that its just Newcrest that she seems stuck in, so I moved my sim to another world and problem was solved. I guess Newcrest will remain devoid of inhabitants until the end of the challenge.

She does show up in other worlds and still sorta harasses my sims (be greeted can get stuck in their queue) but at least she doesnt get stuck in a loop, she just walks up waves then walks away - she does it a lot tho which is a little weird, even to those with stumps in their inventory or planted. (I dont play sims in San Myshuno tho) She gets around - I guess someone complained in other challenges they couldnt contact Jasmine so we get overkill now? just kidding. sorta. not really...I know how these things work :wink:
    Origin ID NectereSim
    Hello
    It is good that you have found that Newcrest is causing the issue in your game. You can have your sims live in a different world, to prevent the issue occurring, whilst the challenge is on.
  • secretuk1965secretuk1965 Posts: 5,341 Member
    I don't think its Newcrest that caused it, i find when i play in that world where there is benches for sim to grill teen's do homework and when anyone talks to them while the doing there homework the game just freezer's ,and no one moves until i reset the teen, this is the homework bug that's been in the game a while and still not been fixed, it happens ion any world if i teen does home and anyone try's to talk to them.
    I don't think its Newcrest that caused it, i find when i play in that world where there is benches for sim to grill teen's do homework and when anyone talks to them while the doing there homework the game just freezer's ,and no one moves until i reset the teen, this is the homework bug that's been in the game a while and still not been fixed, it happens ion any world if i teen does home and anyone try's to talk to them.

Hello
    SimGuruNick was asking for save files from simmers who were having the issue wirh the homework in their game You may like to post feedback on the AHQ EA thread
    http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/OPEN-Autonomous-Homework-Extra-credit-freezes-game/td-p/4957080/page/2