March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

You have got to be kidding me...

Eco living...lol...seriously!

We can't do curfews for teens, wild house parties, or sleep overs...
We can't have pets or seasons?

Hello!! Whats going on please?

Comments

• FrejaFreja Posts: 159 Member
    there is a slight chance of possibility that people around the world like different things
  • GruffmanGruffman Posts: 4,831 Member
    It is a stuff pack.

Curfews, wild house parties, sleep overs ... expect those from a GP or EP.

Eco is just a stuff pack.
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    I read it as 'wild horse parties' :wink:

We are yet to see such wildness in The Sims! :neutral:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,518 Member
    We can have house parties...

If you have the Get Together ep you can have sleepovers...

I expect pets and seasons will be the next 2 eps.

That just leaves teen curfews. I always hated curfews anyway lol.
  • ts1depotts1depot Posts: 1,438 Member
    edited April 2017
    Eco living won because a bunch of people voted for it for the wrong reasons. People either saw "laundry" in the survey and thought it meant getting washers and dryers back. Others think eco means living "off the grid" and are hoping they will get gameplay based around self sufficiency. You can see the voters in the special discussion forum dedicated to the pack talking incessantly about what types of laundry machines to put in, or arguing about why laundry machines or living off the grid equals eco. Marketing really needs to do a better job describing these proposals in future surveys so players don't get the wrong ideas about them or aren't able to use the vague wording as an excuse to hijack certain themes to get stuff that they want.
    Post edited by ts1depot on
    EiFlric.png
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,439 Member
    I think it was intended to be vague. The whole purpose of the project was to work on a pack with the community, and this included choosing the initial theme. For the first vote, they listed five theme descriptions based off of what they've seen people request. Some of those were very loosely worded on purpose, because they wanted the community to choose the exact direction the pack would take. The "eco" concept won, but it was still a flexible idea, because the second vote is what determined the exact nature of the pack. The majority chose a more natural, "living off the land" direction, as opposed to true modern eco style, so that's what we're getting.

Laundry could have feasibly been thrown into the "starter home" pack as well, if it had won.
    #Team Occult
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    LiELF wrote: »
    I think it was intended to be vague. The whole purpose of the project was to work on a pack with the community, and this included choosing the initial theme. For the first vote, they listed five theme descriptions based off of what they've seen people request. Some of those were very loosely worded on purpose, because they wanted the community to choose the exact direction the pack would take. The "eco" concept won, but it was still a flexible idea, because the second vote is what determined the exact nature of the pack. The majority chose a more natural, "living off the land" direction, as opposed to true modern eco style, so that's what we're getting.

Laundry could have feasibly been thrown into the "starter home" pack as well, if it had won.

I'm so sad people chose the "living of the land" rather than the eco modern.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • ts1depotts1depot Posts: 1,438 Member
    Some of those were very loosely worded on purpose, because they wanted the community to choose the exact direction the pack would take. The "eco" concept won, but it was still a flexible idea, because the second vote is what determined the exact nature of the pack. The majority chose a more natural, "living off the land" direction, as opposed to true modern eco style, so that's what we're getting.

"Eco" is not a flexible idea. It means something very specific. It means living a green lifestyle. There may have been room for the artistic style to go either way (hippie versus modern chic versus urban hipster or whatever), but there was no room for ambiguity in terms of this proposed pack being based around the eco lifestyle. So if they mean in these surveys to be as vague and flexible as possible, in the future, they should use actual vague terms that are open to interpretation, not something as concrete like "eco living."
    EiFlric.png
  • catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    I'd rather have a swing set.
  • KartaiKartai Posts: 1,206 Member
    People may of voted for it but will they buy it? The ones who voted for this 'Eco pack?'

I myself are not going to buy it it's not that interesting to me but some people will like this.
  • Noree_DoreeNoree_Doree Posts: 1,470 Member
    I would buy it. I actually voted for it. Besides the funeral pack (I really wanted that one too LOL) but my reasons weren't omg washers and dryers. I really like the idea of living eco-friendly and try to practice it in everyday life. Plus I loved it in the sims 3. And I didn't really like the modern look of it. There are already a lot of modern looking things in the game. But I for one will be buying this pack.
    "Bada su the gorn bada su the brawn bada bady oda aba donk donk donk gerbits gerbits vo gerbits".
  • FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    I voted "Starter" as #1. I want laundry and always wanted the washer/dryer back in the game. I just felt it didn't fit in the Eco pack.

I think, since this is a stuff pack, that it is going to focus on laundry stuff, maybe throw in a solar panel or wind turbine.

Guess we won't really know till we vote on the items.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Minai wrote: »
    Eco living...lol...seriously!

We can't do curfews for teens, wild house parties, or sleep overs...
    We can't have pets or seasons?

Hello!! Whats going on please?

The pack in question won't be out till early next year -- by then we may have many of the things you're asking for. For example, we don't know what the Family GP due out within the next couple of months has in store, nor what will be coming out the rest of 2017.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • ZakaryQuackZakaryQuack Posts: 59 Member
    But will you still buy it, that's the question?
    yqhMsxf.png
  • TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    I doubt anyone wants Pets or Seasons to come out in an SP, lol.
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • ZakaryQuackZakaryQuack Posts: 59 Member

Amen
    yqhMsxf.png
  • rbridges430rbridges430 Posts: 2,675 Member
    edited April 2017

The way this franchise is going, I wouldn't be surprised if we got each season as a SP or each pet as an SP so they can milk us more for everything we got at "only" $10 a pop that everyone can have an option of what they want in their game.
  • ohmyohmyohmyohmy Posts: 614 Member
    it's a SP not an EP.
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

I'm so sad people chose the "living of the land" rather than the eco modern.

me too
  • kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member

The way this franchise is going, I wouldn't be surprised if we got each season as a SP or each pet as an SP so they can milk us more for everything we got at "only" $10 a pop that everyone can have an option of what they want in their game.

Or... they could offer more in an EP or GP and....

Wait for it...!

Offer options!

No. Wait. There's more money in smaller packs *face palm*
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • ClaimingTheFifthClaimingTheFifth Posts: 417 Member
    Living off the land? Dare I hope that could mean real farms? Horses? Cattle? Chickens? We've already got the gardening stuff....Problem is (wait for it) we'd need a new neighborhood for true farmland/ranch looking stuff...big lots...(sigh) never in a stuff pack. Okay, if we do get washer/dryers...please, could the dryers at least act as a dresser? You know....run to the dryer to get dressed to go out (ah, come on, we've all done that). What I don't want is biodegradable plastic looking stuff....much better to be real wood. As usual, my expectations are shrinking as reality sets in :/
    That light at the end of the tunnel? It's a train.
    The five-second rule does not apply when you have a two-second dog.
  • SkyeFallSkyeFall Posts: 55 Member

wait wait wait....SLEEEPOVERS HOW WHAT WHY OK OK IM DEAD NOW :D:)
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    edited April 2017
    ts1depot wrote: »
    Some of those were very loosely worded on purpose, because they wanted the community to choose the exact direction the pack would take. The "eco" concept won, but it was still a flexible idea, because the second vote is what determined the exact nature of the pack. The majority chose a more natural, "living off the land" direction, as opposed to true modern eco style, so that's what we're getting.

"Eco" is not a flexible idea. It means something very specific. It means living a green lifestyle. There may have been room for the artistic style to go either way (hippie versus modern chic versus urban hipster or whatever), but there was no room for ambiguity in terms of this proposed pack being based around the eco lifestyle. So if they mean in these surveys to be as vague and flexible as possible, in the future, they should use actual vague terms that are open to interpretation, not something as concrete like "eco living."

I've seen you mention this a couple of times before, but how is "going back to the roots", living off the land and off of what you yourself produce, not a form of ecological living? Because to many self-sufficient communities in France, for instance, going off the grid, producing what you need to live yourself and trying to waste as little as possible, is almost precisely what it means. I'm so tired of people being angry because they can't vote for anything and then in turn being angry when people vote different than they would or have a different idea of the meaning of terms than they do. I don't know where you're from, but I'm pretty sure "eco" is a vast concept with a number of possible interpretations - whether you like that or not
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member

That's not quite true, you can't throw an actual sleepover as a social event and the kids turn up with sleeping bags. All you can do is create a club and have sleeping as an activity.

Personally I would rather have the sleep over/slumber party back properly.
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,518 Member
    Well, they stay at your house and they sleep... so isn't that a sleepover? Lol.

IMO social events in this version are over-rated anyway, I would much rather invite a sleepover club to the house and choose which activities they will do than have a 'party' where everyone turns up and randomly does homework instead of playing, or having to do set number of things to achieve before the party ends.