Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What you think about living in nature?

Comments

• AdanethAdaneth Posts: 45 Member
    szMermaid wrote: »
    t9uJemR.jpg (This one would look cute in any garden.)

Yes, please! All your ideas are interesting but I fell in love with this right away. It would definately look cute in any garden and after seeing it I want this for my Sims this instant! It's multifunctional due to being as well lighting and decor and it reminds me that I would love more things with water in my gardens.
  • 02katt02katt Posts: 2 New Member
    how do you start a discussion...
  • szMermaidszMermaid Posts: 254 Member
    02katt wrote: »

U need to be a member first..
    "You need 50 Points, 30 Posts and have an account older than 24 hours to become a Member."
    In this link u can learn everything u need to know about how to became a member, go there:

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/770609/member-or-new-member-everything-you-need-to-know/p1
    xyIcMqt.png

If you would like to see Off-The-Grid, Canning/Preserving, and Freegan/Carbon Conscious be made in to a Game Pack or EP, sign the petition!: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/921310/off-the-grid-gamepack-petition-374-signatures/p1?new=1
  • Valkyrie040Valkyrie040 Posts: 42 Member
    It would be great if they could make smoothies and juices from their juicer and blender, freshly picked from their garden. It would also be great if they could make chamomile tea out of the chamomile flower from outdoor retreat (and be poisoned if they mistakenly brew toxic chamomile). Maybe add some more flowers for tea-making like jasmine, hibiscus, lavender, and cherry blossoms. Although chrysanthemum and rose are already in the game, I hope that this pack can also give Sims the option to brew them into tea.

As for the river activities, I'm all for that. I've always wanted my camping Sims to swim in the lake and bathe in the lake, wash their clothes in the lake as part of the back-to-nature kind of stuff. It would also be nice if they could drink river/lake water and get sick from it because of some kind of contamination and if not treated, they could also die.
    It would be great if they could make smoothies and juices from their juicer and blender, freshly picked from their garden. It would also be great if they could make chamomile tea out of the chamomile flower from outdoor retreat (and be poisoned if they mistakenly brew toxic chamomile). Maybe add some more flowers for tea-making like jasmine, hibiscus, lavender, and cherry blossoms. Although chrysanthemum and rose are already in the game, I hope that this pack can also give Sims the option to brew them into tea.

As for the river activities, I'm all for that. I've always wanted my camping Sims to swim in the lake and bathe in the lake, wash their clothes in the lake as part of the back-to-nature kind of stuff. It would also be nice if they could drink river/lake water and get sick from it because of some kind of contamination and if not treated, they could also die.

I really liked your ideas about tea, it would be really great. Sure it would be much better if the Sims had more activities and options on the river, hopefully one day they will add more interactions with it. On the water being contaminated I do not agree, it would not be good for the Sims, nor for the fish that live in the river, or for the children. It is better for the river to have clean water, so everyone can swim, drink from the clean running water, and the children could play in the water without risk to their health. A polluted river would only serve as an ornament in the game, since no Sim would be able to approach, it would only look from far .. There already are many ways of dying in the game, and if they ever make the Dangerous pack, surely they will add a lot more of them. But I hope the river is not included as a form of poisoning for any Sim or animals. Also, when they released "pets" in the future who knows if this expansion includes cows, oxen, etc. It would be great if all animals to have the option of drinking the river water as is common in nature, and that would not be possible with contaminated water.
    xyIcMqt.png

If you would like to see Off-The-Grid, Canning/Preserving, and Freegan/Carbon Conscious be made in to a Game Pack or EP, sign the petition!: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/921310/off-the-grid-gamepack-petition-374-signatures/p1?new=1
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,374 Member
    I am really excited about the Eco sp and there are some really great ideas to put in it besides laundry.

I have most of my sims versed in herbal remedies and grow the plants that go in them. With the help of coolspear's excellent insect mod, I don't have to send my sims wandering through GF to find all this stuff. :D I have them use the remedies for everything except colds and it works great.

I especially would love the idea of the juicier for their garden fruits and vegggies.

It's too bad the pack isn't going to be released until next year...I could use it now, lol.
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    Did enough of that in Boy Scouts and the military, thanks. I know these would require some sort of seasons pack, but how about provision for: snowshoeing, skiing, ice fishing, skating and such.
    Did enough of that in Boy Scouts and the military, thanks. I know these would require some sort of seasons pack, but how about provision for: snowshoeing, skiing, ice fishing, skating and such.

I believe that those you mentioned will be in the expansion "seasons", certainly it would be fun. :blush:
    xyIcMqt.png

• GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,496 Member
    edited April 2017
    02katt wrote: »

I just gave you an awesome to help boost you up. :)

Oh, I say we should go back to how they did things in the 18th century. Grow flax, process it into thread (using the appropriate spinning wheel) and from the thread weave it into linen cloth. Yes, it requires a loom. But, if you wish to live in Nature, it's a must.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • zap608zap608 Posts: 82 Member
    I love your ideas I hope they are noted and at least some incorporated. By the way I can make those hanging beds no problem, I have been thinking about doing something like that for summer. All my sims garden so any way to make use of what they grow would be cool. I love water and I really miss the swimming in the sea option from The Sims 2. I also wish we could move or make the a few of the fishing spots private. My all time favourite place to live is the little island with no roads and no visitors I really hope we get more of those.
    Find me; Freeasabird, The Shed @ Sims 4 Studio. Custom content for The Sims 4.
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,108 Member
    Swimming in the sea would be great.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    edited May 2017
    szMermaid wrote: »
    a list of some things I wish to have in the Eco pack

- Sims can bathe in the waterfall.
    - Sims can bathe in the river.
    - Sims can drink water from the river or the waterfall
    - Wooden Bathtub
    - Babies can play in the bathtub, with toy ducklings or soap bubbles.
    - Romantic Interactions inside the river
    - Sims feel good walking barefoot on the grass.
    - Tire swing on the tree.
    - Clothesline
    - Sims of any age can feed birds.
    - Long hair (for man, woman, children etc)
    - Dread Hair

These are some that I liked from your list that I felt kept the rule of being countryish. Not sure about the river ones, but they might be able to make a special waterfall for that. I really love the wooden bathtub, the tire swing, the clothesline, and long hair. I'm hoping that all of those make it in. :)
  • davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    edited May 2017
    :) Silly double posts; I wish they fixed it to where you could just delete a comment.
    When pets is released, I would like the puppies to play in the shallow end of the river, would be lovely. I want to include that part as a wish for a future pack or something ^ᴥ^
    xyIcMqt.png

• picnikstoragepicnikstorage Posts: 67 Member
    This thread made me ask again when are we having the seasons ep :( huhuuhu i miss leaf pile woohoo lol
    edited May 2017
    This thread made me ask again when are we having the seasons ep :( huhuuhu i miss leaf pile woohoo lol

Me too, I love seasons.. Will be amazing when it's lanched

EDIT: launched* lol
    Post edited by szMermaid on
    xyIcMqt.png

• BriettaniMichaelBriettaniMichael Posts: 18 Member
    I like a lot of your ideas. I would love for them to be able to live completely off grid.
    I like a lot of your ideas. I would love for them to be able to live completely off grid.

Yes, with them implemented in the game, we would have options for those who only want modernity (because there is already a lot of it in the game), we would have options for those who want the option to live completely off grid, and also the option to mix both. I really hope they include at least some of them. The Sims would love it too >.< *-*
    xyIcMqt.png

• DcD2510DcD2510 Posts: 646 Member
    More teas, living in nature, more gardening etc.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited May 2017
    I live in Maine - in Maine you live with nature whether or not you want to.

Now if your thing is shopping and going to Malls - Maine is not where you want to live. It takes hours to get to a mall along lots of woodsy roads - the internet is our friend. I never go to the Mall- believe me.

Like looking at tons of natural breath taking views - they are everywhere - but keep in mind so is the wild life. And it is not all cute and cuddly looking raccoons and chipmunks - also keep in mind they have more right than you to be there - so stay alert. Believe me it is gorgeous but bathing in a creek or waterfall- not wise. Build yourself a bathroom- believe me. Wild life sees humans as the intruders - that pool of water is where they fish and drink.....

The good side though is the beauty, the peace and quiet, being one with nature and knowing enough to stay in your own yard. In this case fences often do make good neighbors as you might not see another cabin for miles....

I get to see National Geographic right out my window without needing to look on tv... but you have to respect it first and foremost.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

Writin_Reg wrote: »
    I live in Maine - in Maine you live with nature whether or not you want to.

Now if your thing is shopping and going to Malls - Maine is not where you want to live. It takes hours to get to a mall along lots of woodsy roads - the internet is our friend. I never go to the Mall- believe me.

Like looking at tons of natural breath taking views - they are everywhere - but keep in mind so is the wild life. And it is not all cute and cuddly looking raccoons and chipmunks - also keep in mind they have more right than you to be there - so stay alert. Believe me it is gorgeous but bathing in a creek or waterfall- not wise. Build yourself a bathroom- believe me. Wild life sees humans as the intruders - that pool of water is where they fish and drink.....

The good side though is the beauty, the peace and quiet, being one with nature and knowing enough to stay in your own yard. In this case fences often do make good neighbors as you might not see another cabin for miles....

I get to see National Geographic right out my window without needing to look on tv... but you have to respect it first and foremost.

What you said about ur RL, made me think of how interesting it is that with the same options people can play in different ways and create several different stories. Many possibilities for each. I definitely love nature, and me and my Sims cannot wait to have more of it in TS4.
    xyIcMqt.png

DcD2510 wrote: »
    More teas, living in nature, more gardening etc.

Yes, Yes, Yes! :smiley:
    xyIcMqt.png

• ayyitsmellayyitsmell Posts: 434 Member
    I would love the idea of living in nature if we had beaches or rivers that they can actually go into! (or seasons!) I would love to expand on the gardening aspect as well! I'm hoping to see more recipes with unique fruits and juice machines again! Maybe even more teas, as someone mentioned! I am hoping that with this eco-friendly pack, we will get more options for outdoor living as well as improving modern cities to live more 'green', since eco-friendly environments should not be limited! My sister and I wrote a post about what could be done for sustainable construction to lower costs and I don't think it got viewed much. It included rainwater tanks to be able to use filtered water instead of potable water for toilets, etc. Also, solar panels and composts as well as recycling objects to create handmade clothes, handmade decorations, furniture, etc. I hope we do get a nature channel for our sims to watch! As for living in nature, I would totally live like that NPC that lives deep in the forest. LOL craft table, gardens, nice views, waterfalls, secluded area where you are one with nature instead of having annoying, lively neighbors.
    Ayy It's Mell ♥

• HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I'd love a living in nature type of pack. I see many uses for it in story telling.
    Stories based in a past time, or for a tribe. Making elves or when fairies come (if they come). Lost in the wood and living off the grid stories ect.
    I'd buy it.

egTcBMc.png