Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

This game is no longer fun and many are quitting

WulfsimmerWulfsimmer Posts: 4,381 Member
edited April 2017 in The Sims FreePlay
I hope you guys, the devs, realize that stuffing events over and over again with the endless grind for a stupid little animation that you watch only once for 2 minutes and never again will not amuse us forever. I, myself, have quit the game after getting infuriated with the same content being recycled again and again. I am in no way saying we shouldn't have challenges....BUT NOT EVERY FREAKING UPDATE....I just want FOR ONCE...ONLY ONCE to get an update that is not locked behind grinding...JUST ONCE. And don't get me started on the daycare update. NOT ONE...NOT A SINGLE OBJECT IS NEW...everything is just redesigned. @SimGuruEmma Will we get actual new stuff in the next update or something?
Random-gifs-random-18723411-368-312.gif

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
Post edited by Wulfsimmer on

Comments

• WulfsimmerWulfsimmer Posts: 4,381 Member
    Everything is just a grind and a grind and another grind. Quests are in a need to be in a hurry if you want exclusive limited-time prizes. The hobby events are a grind as well. Even community events....it is just tiring. I want an update that I can take my time with and enjoy. We spend endless hours of effort into an update and get stupid boring animations.

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
  • ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member
    The problem is more if we are near the end? It seems that only the iOS and Android versions now get updates which must mean that the versions for Windows Phone, Kindle and Blackberry don't. So does this mean that iOS and Android now also only will get a few more updates before EA closes the server down for good?
  • ts1depotts1depot Posts: 1,438 Member
    edited April 2017
    OP, how long have you been playing? I've only been playing for about a year, and even though I enjoy it immensely, it does seem to suffer the same issues as most mobility games of this type. Once you've unlocked everything or played an X number of years, there's not much else to do because there's only so much more content that can be added.
    EiFlric.png
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited April 2017
    The game must be on it's way to forgotten land like all other mobile games.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • MadIrisMadIris Posts: 594 Member
    Just as well, I don't play as often and need the space on my phone, lol
    ts1depot wrote: »
    OP, how long have you been playing? I've only been playing for about a year, and even though I enjoy it immensely, it does seem to suffer the same issues as most mobility games of this type. Once you've unlocked everything or played an X number of years, there's not much else to do because there's only so much more content that can be added.

I play on and off but I got back to it again for real in September 2016

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
    ts1depot wrote: »
    I have played a lot of games - both PC games and games for mobile devices. But only a few similar games have this problem - clearly because the game companies don't want us to stop playing f2p games because then they can't sell more to us.

The problem about a game becoming quite worthless when you have played through it is actually much more a problem for paid PC games. Especially in adventure games where you play through a story doing quests. But also in strategy games like Starcraft and Total Annihilation. When you have played through such games you just need a long break before you maybe can start over and play through it all again.

The problem with the Sims Freeplay just is that it now is difficult for EA to add much more to the game. In other similar games this is solved by adding new stuff and quests which develop slower and slower and become more and more difficult. But doing this to the Sims Freeplay wouldn't really make sense because the Sims games are all designed to be very easy games for new simmers who only have played small easy casual games before they became simmers. So I don't believe that EA is even considering it. Instead I think that EA only sees the "solution" to repeat some earlier events a few times more before EA most likely just will close the server down and maybe make a new and different mobile Sims game.
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,594 Member
    Man, this game takes up a loooooooooottt of space on the phone if you don't have a SD card (if the game allows you to even move it there).

Remember playing very casually, since it only reminded me of the sims social with some improvements other than terrible REAL TIME it took and talk about being a big money grabber so this was reallllllllllllllllllly casual. Shame. Game could have been better if it could have been improved upon.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • ClassicalSimClassicalSim Posts: 1,535 Member
    Erpe wrote: »
    The problem is more if we are near the end? It seems that only the iOS and Android versions now get updates which must mean that the versions for Windows Phone, Kindle and Blackberry don't. So does this mean that iOS and Android now also only will get a few more updates before EA closes the server down for good?

I can confirm that Kindle does still get updates. I always play on my iPad and Kindle at the same time when we have new events and I definitely got the latest update for both.

I can confirm that Kindle does still get updates. I always play on my iPad and Kindle at the same time when we have new events and I definitely got the latest update for both.
    Nice to hear! I just didn't don't think so because we were told that Windows Phone won't get more updates and that only iOS and Android will. So what about Blackberry?

You seems to be like me (although not many are) because I also played on both my iPad and my Samsung tablets at the same time :)
  • ClassicalSimClassicalSim Posts: 1,535 Member

Nice to hear! I just didn't don't think so because we were told that Windows Phone won't get more updates and that only iOS and Android will. So what about Blackberry?

You seems to be like me (although not many are) because I also played on both my iPad and my Samsung tablets at the same time :)

I don't know about Blackberry.

I'm better than I used to be, I used to play on a 10 inch android tablet too. It looks fantastic on it because the picture is so big, but it was so slow I stopped using it. And it wasn't very fun doing the events on 3 devices at the same time.

I don't know about Blackberry.

I'm better than I used to be, I used to play on a 10 inch android tablet too. It looks fantastic on it because the picture is so big, but it was so slow I stopped using it. And it wasn't very fun doing the events on 3 devices at the same time.
    My android tablet is a Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 and it isn't slower than my iPad Air 2. Even so I don't play on my Samsung anymore because I am also at lvl 55 there and the game doesn't feel so good anymore when you can't advance.

I also played on my old iPod Touch 4g in the beginning. But you are right that 3 devices are too much. (This iPod Touch is also too old and slow now. But I could use my Samsung phone instead if I wanted.)
  • dogboy678dogboy678 Posts: 200 Member
    I think they should scrap the sims free play and make a real sims mobile game.
    dogboy678 wrote: »
    I think they should scrap the sims free play and make a real sims mobile game.
    They have done that many times without being successful. The latest examples were the Sims 3, the Sims 3 Ambitions and the Sims 3 World Adventures which still all can be bought and downloaded for mobile devices. But the problem seems to be that mobile versions of the big PC games don't sell without all the SPs and EPs being available to buy too. The PC versions of the Sims games wouldn't be worth buying without them either.

So I don't think that EA can make a better mobile Sims game than the Sims Freeplay even though it doesn't appeal to all those Sims 4 simmers who just want to buy a new SP every other month ;)
  • ragefire88ragefire88 Posts: 11 New Member
    I agree I have pondered leaving Freeplay, I have been with it sense Day one, I swear it had a offline mode then ..
    So much added, so much improved but man ol man, it just has gotten progressively harder, more grinding, its not fun now ..its more like go in get things done and leave.. when a quest comes hurry, hurry or you will miss out on a event or items .. Events that open places like the tropical island are worse .. twice I missed it, once do to issues with the app, and the last time I wasn't online due to issues ..then once you miss them theirs no hope on getting to those spots if you didn't do the event ..
    I have everything event place open, but the two island quests ..
    this game is also getting poorer updates there not like they used to be, the love is gone the updates just seem meh ..

I hope if they kill the game, they put out a offline patch ..

Those who don't think its possible, Castaway Paradise put a offline feature in theres after a update also removed timers ..so it is possible to do ..
  • edwie22edwie22 Posts: 100 Member
    I agree. I used to love this game and I played it inmensely during the past three years, but after the French Chateau update I was so disappointed that I stopped playing altogether. I saw the Daycare update but there was NO WAY IN HELL that anyone would finish that quest without spending real money, so what's the use. The only thing that I think they did right lately, was to get rid of the mandatory age stages and death, now you can have your sims stay in the same stage. I hated the spheres, I hated the work needed to get those to open the closed areas (which btw, only the beach and amusement park are worth it, the arcade is ugly and never used it, and the pet park.. the same).

Three years later I still haven't been able to take all monuments to level 25. Not a single one, I have heard people saying that the "riches" unfolded by the volcano are not worth it. I admit I spent quite a lot of money buying LPs during the past year, I am not sure how much. Then I just had it, the game has gotten bored for me. I asked the devs to bring the Latin Villa back (I missed it) and they did, but I had to PAY for it!! Didn't think it was fair. When you combine the amount of money people spend in "Freeplay", its enough to buy The Sims 4, ALL EPs, GPs, SPs, pay for an origin membership, and buy Sims 3 with all the EPs. Incredible.

I will give kudos to the producers for designing those amazing babies tho. That's the positive aspect of that game.
  • ShellbellShellbell Posts: 132 Member
    When the game first came out I played it everyday but then after a couple months I got annoyed with how long tasks took to finish. So I started to play it off and on and noticed a majority of the tasks I have are pretty much repeats.
  • RogueNill1RogueNill1 Posts: 3 New Member
    I'm having a problem where I can't sell these garden chair things. The bottoms of them have gone completely black and I can't move, sell or place them in my inventory. Andelivered it makes the house really laggy.
  • WinMacSims3WinMacSims3 Posts: 1,610 Member
    I'm not sure if FreePlay is enjoyable today compared to before. While the French Romance Update removed the LP requirement to reverse aging which made Simmers happy, many Simmers are getting upset with the game constantly throwing Event after Event espeically with them being impossible or diffcult to complete without spending real money, not being helped with the Social Point requirement. I have looked at The Girl Who Games and saw posts about Live Events implying the game is focusing more on these Events.
    Origin ID: GothicSimmer, YouTube: GothicSimmer
    edited July 2017
    I'm not sure if FreePlay is enjoyable today compared to before. While the French Romance Update removed the LP requirement to reverse aging which made Simmers happy, many Simmers are getting upset with the game constantly throwing Event after Event espeically with them being impossible or diffcult to complete without spending real money, not being helped with the Social Point requirement. I have looked at The Girl Who Games and saw posts about Live Events implying the game is focusing more on these Events.
    If you want everything for Freeplay then you likely need to pay a little money. So what?

Freeplay is a free game while TS4 with all the until now released SPs, GPs and EPs will cost you about $500. Do know the difference between $500 and $0 ?

Even though Freeplay is a free game EA still need income to pay the expenses for it and to get a revenue. For free games this revenue comes from voluntary purchases. Everybody can play free games for free. But the meaning is that the game companies also get a revenue even from gamers who choose to play for free by letting them watch 30 sec videos.

I think that only a minority use real money on a game like Freeplay because I don't do it myself. But I could be mistaken because I only play Freeplay as a time management game and for the events. I don't use it as a toy to build houses or to dress up sims.

The waiting times aren't any problem for me because I use them to play other f2p games that also have similar waiting times. Why would I want to only play one game instead of preferring to play several games at the same time and thus get much more variation in my gaming? ;)

So I don't really understand why you would prefer to pay $500 for Freeplay instead as you do for TS4?
    Post edited by Erpe on
  • WinMacSims3WinMacSims3 Posts: 1,610 Member
    I'm not sure if FreePlay is enjoyable today compared to before. While the French Romance Update removed the LP requirement to reverse aging which made Simmers happy, many Simmers are getting upset with the game constantly throwing Event after Event especially with them being impossible or difficult to complete without spending real money, not being helped with the Social Point requirement. I have looked at The Girl Who Games and saw posts about Live Events implying the game is focusing more on these Events.
    If you want everything for Freeplay then you likely need to pay a little money. So what?

Freeplay is a free game while TS4 with all the until now released SPs, GPs and EPs will cost you about $500. Do know the difference between $500 and $0 ?

Even though Freeplay is a free game EA still need income to pay the expenses for it and to get a revenue. For free games this revenue comes from voluntary purchases. Everybody can play free games for free. But the meaning is that the game companies also get a revenue even from gamers who choose to play for free by letting them watch 30 sec videos.

I think that only a minority use real money on a game like Freeplay because I don't do it myself. But I could be mistaken because I only play Freeplay as a time management game and for the events. I don't use it as a toy to build houses or to dress up sims.

The waiting times aren't any problem for me because I use them to play other f2p games that also have similar waiting times. Why would I want to only play one game instead of preferring to play several games at the same time and thus get much more variation in my gaming? ;)

So I don't really understand why you would prefer to pay $500 for Freeplay instead as you do for TS4?

Actually The Sims 4 is estimated to cost around $360 (not including taxes) to purchase the game plus all DLC which assumes that you don't own The Sims 4 and aren't a member of Origin Access. The Sims 3 on the other hand costs $340, again, also assuming you don't own The Sims 3 and that you purchase The Sims 3 Starter Pack, EP Bundle, and the rest of the EPs/SPs (Worlds and Store content are not included). It's not necessary to own the DLC to enjoy TS3/TS4 although the game will get boring. Also even if TS4 is expensive, the game often has sales/discounts to help getting TS4 and its DLC easier but not all TS4 DLC may be on sale such as Stuff Packs and in some cases Game Packs but GPs/SPs sometimes go on sale.

Calculating the costs of both TS3 and TS4 (please note that Store is not included in the costs), they would cost $700 which is even less than VIP 15 ($2400).

If I played FreePlay, I wouldn't bother spending any real money. You may think that I'm biased towards The Sims 4 over FreePlay which is no surprise considering the Broken Base over TS3/TS4 vs The Sims FreePlay/Mobile. I understand The Sims 4 is expensive but I like it more because TS4 doesn't have Timed Events with permanently missable content nor does it have the Social Point paywall that Live/Community Events and SimTown Market are infamous for. FreePlay on the other hand is focusing heavily on Events especially with Live Events and SimTown Market, and some (particularly since December 2016) have been described as impossible. It's believed the Events of FreePlay (and in one case of the items being the same) is making people rage quit which @Wulfsimmer said in the original post based on the title (This game is no longer fun and many are quitting), even I stopped playing the game when I found out that the game throws Event after Event. It's not just the Events I dislike but also the Timed Hobbies (Finger Painting, Makeup Artist, and especially Fashion Hunter) since they're regarded impossible to earn the prize without spending LP not being helped with only being to use one Sim combined with the RNG plus you have to most most of the days to fully level up the Sim to unlock all Collectibles and use the remaining days to complete the Collection. It's better now since FreePlay allows you to spend LP to complete a row but Timed Hobbies and Timed Events can still be annoying especially if the latter uses a Hobby that takes a long time to earn a Collectible (e.g., Woodworking) or limits the Sims (Catwalk Modeling).
    Origin ID: GothicSimmer, YouTube: GothicSimmer
    I'm not sure if FreePlay is enjoyable today compared to before. While the French Romance Update removed the LP requirement to reverse aging which made Simmers happy, many Simmers are getting upset with the game constantly throwing Event after Event especially with them being impossible or difficult to complete without spending real money, not being helped with the Social Point requirement. I have looked at The Girl Who Games and saw posts about Live Events implying the game is focusing more on these Events.

Actually The Sims 4 is estimated to cost around $360 (not including taxes) to purchase the game plus all DLC which assumes that you don't own The Sims 4 and aren't a member of Origin Access. The Sims 3 on the other hand costs $340, again, also assuming you don't own The Sims 3 and that you purchase The Sims 3 Starter Pack, EP Bundle, and the rest of the EPs/SPs (Worlds and Store content are not included). It's not necessary to own the DLC to enjoy TS3/TS4 although the game will get boring. Also even if TS4 is expensive, the game often has sales/discounts to help getting TS4 and its DLC easier but not all TS4 DLC may be on sale such as Stuff Packs and in some cases Game Packs but GPs/SPs sometimes go on sale.

Calculating the costs of both TS3 and TS4 (please note that Store is not included in the costs), they would cost $700 which is even less than VIP 15 ($2400).
    I wrote $500 which is about what TS4 with all already released expansions would cost in my country including taxes. Yes you can get the games much cheaper if you wait a few years until EA releases them in collections like EA did with the Sims 2 Ultimate Collection. But you never know how long you then has to wait and most simmers buy everything almost immediately when it is released instead.

VIP 15 in the Sims Freeplay isn't for normal simmers. But such things are in almost all f2p games anyway. Probably because it doesn't cost the game companies anything to include them and because a few addicted gamers could be billionaires:)
    If I played FreePlay, I wouldn't bother spending any real money. You may think that I'm biased towards The Sims 4 over FreePlay which is no surprise considering the Broken Base over TS3/TS4 vs The Sims FreePlay/Mobile. I understand The Sims 4 is expensive but I like it more because TS4 doesn't have Timed Events with permanently missable content nor does it have the Social Point paywall that Live/Community Events and SimTown Market are infamous for. FreePlay on the other hand is focusing heavily on Events especially with Live Events and SimTown Market, and some (particularly since December 2016) have been described as impossible. It's believed the Events of FreePlay (and in one case of the items being the same) is making people rage quit which @Wulfsimmer said in the original post based on the title (This game is no longer fun and many are quitting), even I stopped playing the game when I found out that the game throws Event after Event. It's not just the Events I dislike but also the Timed Hobbies (Finger Painting, Makeup Artist, and especially Fashion Hunter) since they're regarded impossible to earn the prize without spending LP not being helped with only being to use one Sim combined with the RNG plus you have to most most of the days to fully level up the Sim to unlock all Collectibles and use the remaining days to complete the Collection. It's better now since FreePlay allows you to spend LP to complete a row but Timed Hobbies and Timed Events can still be annoying especially if the latter uses a Hobby that takes a long time to earn a Collectible (e.g., Woodworking) or limits the Sims (Catwalk Modeling).
    This is just about taste. Most simmers in this forum prefer TS3 or TS4 because they are PC gamers and not mobile gamers. Most of them are also much older than the average gamer because the youngest gamers usually use Facebook or Twitter instead of game forums. This also means that many PC simmers are farsighted and use glasses to correct this. But they very often still have problems with small screens and therefore don't like mobile games.

I was a PC gamer earlier. But not anymore because I don't like to have to sit on a chair in front of my PC screen when I instead can play on my iPad everywhere. Usually I am in an armchair, on a sofa or in bed when I play. This wouldn't be possible if I still was a PC gamer. Besides that I am nearsighted but only use glasses when I am watching television or looking at things even farther away. My glasses are only in the way if I play on my PC or on my iPad. So I don't use them. But I still understand the farsighted gamers who complain that mobile games give them a headache because the screens are too small and too near to their eyes.

I like challenging games with quests and events. Just not if it doesn't really matter what you choose or if you are guided too much and only has to follow orders which alas is the case in the new Sims Mobile game.

My main problem with the Sims Freeplay is that the game is meant for builders and decorators and not for a gamer like me who instead like strategic games, time management games and challenging peaceful games much more than fighting and war games. Therefore only the events and the quests keep me playing. I don't like that I can't expand my population anymore and therefore now play two other mobile games more than the Sims Freeplay. But the Sims Freeplay is still much better than the Sims Mobile.
  • LauraMSimLauraMSim Posts: 88 Member
    I used to love TSFP. I played it for years. (I think i started 1 or 2 years after it came out). It was so fun till a few years ago for me. Then everything kinda changed. Don't get me wrong. TSFP has a special place in my heart (my first sims game). Now it is just events after events. A lot of the updates also saddened me, like the aging update. I didn't want my beloved sims to die but no way would I pay actual money to keep them alive. After that update came out I didn't play for a good year. I still have yet to start the quest. With TS4 you can use cheats and turn off aging but TSFP? You need to pay or sacrifice a sim to get an orb to save only ONE sim.

If they turned TSFP back to what it used to be I would LOVE it. I would play daily.
    Sims 4 console player, former PC player.
    Waiting for all packs to go on console.
    LauraMSim wrote: »
    I used to love TSFP. I played it for years. (I think i started 1 or 2 years after it came out). It was so fun till a few years ago for me. Then everything kinda changed. Don't get me wrong. TSFP has a special place in my heart (my first sims game). Now it is just events after events. A lot of the updates also saddened me, like the aging update. I didn't want my beloved sims to die but no way would I pay actual money to keep them alive. After that update came out I didn't play for a good year. I still have yet to start the quest. With TS4 you can use cheats and turn off aging but TSFP? You need to pay or sacrifice a sim to get an orb to save only ONE sim.

If they turned TSFP back to what it used to be I would LOVE it. I would play daily.

You can prevent aging now for free :)

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
  • LauraMSimLauraMSim Posts: 88 Member
    > @Wulfsimmer said:
    > LauraMSim wrote: »
    >
    > I used to love TSFP. I played it for years. (I think i started 1 or 2 years after it came out). It was so fun till a few years ago for me. Then everything kinda changed. Don't get me wrong. TSFP has a special place in my heart (my first sims game). Now it is just events after events. A lot of the updates also saddened me, like the aging update. I didn't want my beloved sims to die but no way would I pay actual money to keep them alive. After that update came out I didn't play for a good year. I still have yet to start the quest. With TS4 you can use cheats and turn off aging but TSFP? You need to pay or sacrifice a sim to get an orb to save only ONE sim.
    >
    > If they turned TSFP back to what it used to be I would LOVE it. I would play daily.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > You can prevent aging now for free :)

Last I checked I couldn't. But good to know they changed it I guess.
    Sims 4 console player, former PC player.
    Waiting for all packs to go on console.