Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why do I mention The Sims 5 alot? *Explained*

Comments

• king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    OEII1001 wrote: »
    aricarai wrote: »
    @king_of_simcity7 I see how you said that you don't want TS4 to end because it would be unfair to other player saying that you haven't played TS4 to judge if its good or not the demo doesn't count because it doesn't do it justice. So how do you even judge a game fairly if you have no idea what its like past the demo?

There's videos, there's reviews, there's forums!

It's easy to make up an opinion with all of the information out there and why waste the money if you know that things you enjoyed from previous iterations isn't there and isn't coming back.

I don't get your argument.
    Ok so you are telling me that you can tell if a game is good or not over videos? I would think you would need to play the game and all the stuff with it to judge it yourself but that is just me. I don't judge games off other peoples reviews and gameplays sorry.

Definitely - that's what I'm saying.

If, for example, you don't like the art style, if you don't like that Open World is gone, if you don't like that CASt is missing, if you don't like loading screens, if toddlers are missing (yes, I know they're back now!), why in the world should you spend your hard-earned money just to try to make yourself like something or so that people will see your opinion as valid?

I really think if you're going to compare iterations, especially against one that isn't complete, it needs to be base game to base game. The trial was base game, was it not? If it leaves a bad impression on you, why do you have to buy it in hopes that it gets better?
    I have the game so what are you talking about but you certainly can start judging the game off a demo or the forums or anyone that reviews the game on YouTube because you aren't playing so saying that you can get a clear picture to judge a game from those is garbage.

Just a little confused because I clearly explained how someone can, they have, and their opinions are still valid.
    Everyones opinions matter but I don't consider the forum and youtubers reviewing and lets playing games a good source of whether the game is good. I also don't consider the demo a good source of saying the game is good either because one they only have access to a limited amount of stuff for 48 hours. So no I don't think they can sit there and judge the game if they don't have it. That is like telling someone a book is really good when they haven't actually read it. This is why because everyone is different and who's to say that someone watches something on youtube and that person complains its terrible so you never buy the game to see for your self how good it is. So I don't consider other peoples opinions on the game as being justifiable to say they won't like it.

So everyone's opinion matters but their opinions on the game aren't justifiable (aka aren't valid) if they have only played the demo?

I'm sure I'm not the only one that sees the contradiction in what you've just posted.
    I meant people that let's play the game and give you their opinions on the game I wasn't saying that Kings opinion wasn't valid but that is all they played was the demo. The people on youtube can say anything about the game they are the ones getting the games free and going to sim camp. I don't think I would sit there watch them review a game they got free I might add and claim to make up other people's minds whether to buy it or not. The demo is limited and
    you can't really do everything in 48 hours anyway so it's not really something you can review because you played for 2 days straight. Get my point?
    @king_of_simcity7 I see how you said that you don't want TS4 to end because it would be unfair to other player saying that you haven't played TS4 to judge if its good or not the demo doesn't count because it doesn't do it justice. So how do you even judge a game fairly if you have no idea what its like past the demo?

You're backtracking now @pepperjax1230 - that's your first post in this thread. I can't believe that I have to break this down. If you're judging a game, you're giving an opinion.
    If something doesn't count (i.e. judging if its good or not the demo), it's not valid (doesn't count).

These are your words not mine.

You don't need to do EVERYTHING in 48 hours to form a valid opinion or to judge a game! I can go into a restaurant, order a meal, and know within a few mouthfuls if it's worth it to continue eating it or not. But by your logic, because I didn't eat the whole meal and return to the restaurant to try the meal again and again, just to make sure that I truly don't like it...my opinion on the meal/restaurant I had isn't valid.

Things that make you go hmmm!
    OK I love the game so that is my opinion and I don't think people that play the demo or watch the videos know whether they like the game. So they are judging the game unfairly sorry but I don't think that. This community is very unfair and mean when it comes to TS4 that the people who love the game can't express that without getting a explanation of how TS4 is a step back from that horrible running game TS3 and I rather have something that immerses me into the game and have different experience then most people. I would have never moved on if it was a rehash of past games. In conclusion of this conversation it's my opinion you don't have to agree because everyone feels different about the game.

You see this is part of the problem here. You say that you enjoy TS4 which is perfectly fine but then you throw in 'that horrible running game' when in reference to TS3.

Why did TS3 even have to be mentioned here? This thread is not even about TS4, it is about TS5 so why sly in a TS3 hate remark?
    Everyone thinks TS3 is so much better then TS4 that's why. So are you going to sit and argue I am wrong?

No point arguing that you are wrong, you like your game, I like mine. Let's just leave it at that.

Now I see a couple of others have coming into the thread and are taking turns to have swings at me as well. Shall we just get back to the original topic of talking about TS5 and what we hope to see rather than attack others?

You try to deflect the fact that this thread was a thinly veiled trolling attempt by playing the victim. This, sadly, is not out of character. Criticism is welcome, so long as that criticism goes in one particular direction -- against The Sims 4. Arguing the other way is evidently inappropriate.

If you want real discussion, don't start with loaded questions. Consider putting the conversation in appropriate forums. If you had made a post that read only "What are you looking for in a theoretical Sims 5?" and put it in this forum or the speculation forum you'd have a better argument anyway.

I'm sorry but can you please explain to me how I have been trolling? I have lost me on that one :(
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member

It's easy to make up an opinion with all of the information out there and why waste the money if you know that things you enjoyed from previous iterations isn't there and isn't coming back.

Ok so you are telling me that you can tell if a game is good or not over videos? I would think you would need to play the game and all the stuff with it to judge it yourself but that is just me. I don't judge games off other peoples reviews and gameplays sorry.

If, for example, you don't like the art style, if you don't like that Open World is gone, if you don't like that CASt is missing, if you don't like loading screens, if toddlers are missing (yes, I know they're back now!), why in the world should you spend your hard-earned money just to try to make yourself like something or so that people will see your opinion as valid?

I really think if you're going to compare iterations, especially against one that isn't complete, it needs to be base game to base game. The trial was base game, was it not? If it leaves a bad impression on you, why do you have to buy it in hopes that it gets better?
    I have the game so what are you talking about but you certainly can start judging the game off a demo or the forums or anyone that reviews the game on YouTube because you aren't playing so saying that you can get a clear picture to judge a game from those is garbage.

Just a little confused because I clearly explained how someone can, they have, and their opinions are still valid.
    Everyones opinions matter but I don't consider the forum and youtubers reviewing and lets playing games a good source of whether the game is good. I also don't consider the demo a good source of saying the game is good either because one they only have access to a limited amount of stuff for 48 hours. So no I don't think they can sit there and judge the game if they don't have it. That is like telling someone a book is really good when they haven't actually read it. This is why because everyone is different and who's to say that someone watches something on youtube and that person complains its terrible so you never buy the game to see for your self how good it is. So I don't consider other peoples opinions on the game as being justifiable to say they won't like it.

So everyone's opinion matters but their opinions on the game aren't justifiable (aka aren't valid) if they have only played the demo?

I'm sure I'm not the only one that sees the contradiction in what you've just posted.
    I meant people that let's play the game and give you their opinions on the game I wasn't saying that Kings opinion wasn't valid but that is all they played was the demo. The people on youtube can say anything about the game they are the ones getting the games free and going to sim camp. I don't think I would sit there watch them review a game they got free I might add and claim to make up other people's minds whether to buy it or not. The demo is limited and
    you can't really do everything in 48 hours anyway so it's not really something you can review because you played for 2 days straight. Get my point?

You're backtracking now @pepperjax1230 - that's your first post in this thread. I can't believe that I have to break this down. If you're judging a game, you're giving an opinion.
    If something doesn't count (i.e. judging if its good or not the demo), it's not valid (doesn't count).

You don't need to do EVERYTHING in 48 hours to form a valid opinion or to judge a game! I can go into a restaurant, order a meal, and know within a few mouthfuls if it's worth it to continue eating it or not. But by your logic, because I didn't eat the whole meal and return to the restaurant to try the meal again and again, just to make sure that I truly don't like it...my opinion on the meal/restaurant I had isn't valid.

OK I love the game so that is my opinion and I don't think people that play the demo or watch the videos know whether they like the game. So they are judging the game unfairly sorry but I don't think that. This community is very unfair and mean when it comes to TS4 that the people who love the game can't express that without getting a explanation of how TS4 is a step back from that horrible running game TS3 and I rather have something that immerses me into the game and have different experience then most people. I would have never moved on if it was a rehash of past games. In conclusion of this conversation it's my opinion you don't have to agree because everyone feels different about the game.

You see this is part of the problem here. You say that you enjoy TS4 which is perfectly fine but then you throw in 'that horrible running game' when in reference to TS3.

Why did TS3 even have to be mentioned here? This thread is not even about TS4, it is about TS5 so why sly in a TS3 hate remark?
    Everyone thinks TS3 is so much better then TS4 that's why. So are you going to sit and argue I am wrong?

No point arguing that you are wrong, you like your game, I like mine. Let's just leave it at that.

Now I see a couple of others have coming into the thread and are taking turns to have swings at me as well. Shall we just get back to the original topic of talking about TS5 and what we hope to see rather than attack others?

You try to deflect the fact that this thread was a thinly veiled trolling attempt by playing the victim. This, sadly, is not out of character. Criticism is welcome, so long as that criticism goes in one particular direction -- against The Sims 4. Arguing the other way is evidently inappropriate.

If you want real discussion, don't start with loaded questions. Consider putting the conversation in appropriate forums. If you had made a post that read only "What are you looking for in a theoretical Sims 5?" and put it in this forum or the speculation forum you'd have a better argument anyway.

I'm sorry but can you please explain to me how I have been trolling? I have lost me on that one :(

It isn't lost on you at all. You've been quite deliberate with the numerous loaded questions from your OP. You've continued by praising criticism of The Sims 4 while condemning those criticizing The Sims 3. You and your buddies have been gang tackling people who have been giving opinions that you don't like. You selectively enforce the "no bashing" clause from your OP. You put this thread in The Sims 4 section where it could be seen by "the enemy". And all of it comes on the heels of your condemnation of The Sims 4 and those who enjoy it.

You haven't done yourself any favors by continuing this sort of thing. Look, I get it. You despise The Sims 4 and those who enjoy it. You made that very clear. Not sure that constant reminders thinly veiled as theoretical discussion are the way to rehabilitate your image here. My suggestion would be to focus on the games that you enjoy, let others do the same and then worry about the theoretical future when it is not longer theoretical.

However, I predict that you will do none of those things.
  • AvaSims4080AvaSims4080 Posts: 810 Member
    I have no idea if somebody has already questioned you on this, but I thought you left the forums because you felt unsafe?
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    Bleh, I don't think I'm ready for TS5 yet. IF there is going to be one probably years away for sure.

I'm wanting to see TS4 flourish more before thinking about TS5. Though, with TS5 I'd be hoping they stick and go back to more of The Sims roots. It all seemed lost in TS3. There's plenty of things to do with the EP's, open world, Create a style etc, etc, but the sims always felt so empty to me compared to TS1 and TS2. Like some of it's soul was pulled out. Sure it's fun (when its working for me), but I find myself feeling like the sims have WAY too many things to do and are unable to actually LIVE half the time, especially when you start getting various EP's. Especially when you aren't using cheats or mods I find myself managing my sims a lot with their needs and unable to enjoy a lot of things. Everything feels so chaotic the majority of the time with so many things happening at the same time.

Sims 4 at the moment is pretty leisurely which for me is good and bad as there needs to be more conflict and progression. Wishing for a happy in-between if TS5 would happen.

That and more of a chance for TS5 to feature customizable worlds? Bummer build a world for TS3 barely worked for me and it's nonexistent in TS4. TS2 was great with starting with a blank world and giving you various terrains. Would like to see more of that for sure just further improved upon. That and I'd hope they'd keep the build mode from TS4. Don't think I've had fun with building homes in a long time.

Also hope it'd keep with a stylistic way too rather than going for a 'realism' look in graphics. The Sims always looked pretty quirky and had certain style to it and I don't want to start feeling like it's Second Life or something to that effect.
    5vJrxmT.png

It isn't lost on you at all. You've been quite deliberate with the numerous loaded questions from your OP. You've continued by praising criticism of The Sims 4 while condemning those criticizing The Sims 3. You and your buddies have been gang tackling people who have been giving opinions that you don't like. You selectively enforce the "no bashing" clause from your OP. You put this thread in The Sims 4 section where it could be seen by "the enemy". And all of it comes on the heels of your condemnation of The Sims 4 and those who enjoy it.

You haven't done yourself any favors by continuing this sort of thing. Look, I get it. You despise The Sims 4 and those who enjoy it. You made that very clear. Not sure that constant reminders thinly veiled as theoretical discussion are the way to rehabilitate your image here. My suggestion would be to focus on the games that you enjoy, let others do the same and then worry about the theoretical future when it is not longer theoretical.

However, I predict that you will do none of those things.

Wow thanks, your reply gave me a good chuckle!

Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member

OK I love the game so that is my opinion and I don't think people that play the demo or watch the videos know whether they like the game. So they are judging the game unfairly sorry but I don't think that they do know. This community is very unfair and mean when it comes to TS4 that the people who love the game can't express that without getting a explanation of how TS4 is a step back from that horrible running game TS3 and I rather have something that immerses me into the game and have different experience then most people. I would have never moved on if it was a rehash of past games. In conclusion of this conversation it's my opinion you don't have to agree because everyone feels different about the game.

@pepperjax1230

You shouldn't let other people's opinions affect the game that you love. You love TS4, express it talk about it, but there will always be people somewhere that don't agree with you and have just as much right to express that as well. Constructive criticism/feedback/discussion for the game is always good; otherwise, how can it get better? It shouldn't offend people if done respectfully - which admittedly, it isn't always.

I still stand behind that no one was bashing TS4 and it wasn't particularly negative, not until someone mentioned 'People hating on TS4'.

There's always going to be someone that doesn't like a certain iteration, but that's totally cool. Like it; don't like it, whatever, just don't let other's get under your skin about it.

Your opinion is a valid one and no I don't agree with that, but hey ho, as I've been saying, everyone's got a right to express their opinion! :smile::cookie:

OK I love the game so that is my opinion and I don't think people that play the demo or watch the videos know whether they like the game. So they are judging the game unfairly sorry but I don't think that they do know. This community is very unfair and mean when it comes to TS4 that the people who love the game can't express that without getting a explanation of how TS4 is a step back from that horrible running game TS3 and I rather have something that immerses me into the game and have different experience then most people. I would have never moved on if it was a rehash of past games. In conclusion of this conversation it's my opinion you don't have to agree because everyone feels different about the game.

@pepperjax1230

You shouldn't let other people's opinions affect the game that you love. You love TS4, express it talk about it, but there will always be people somewhere that don't agree with you and have just as much right to express that as well. Constructive criticism/feedback/discussion for the game is always good; otherwise, how can it get better? It shouldn't offend people if done respectfully - which admittedly, it isn't always.

I still stand behind that no one was bashing TS4 and it wasn't particularly negative, not until someone mentioned 'People hating on TS4'.

There's always going to be someone that doesn't like a certain iteration, but that's totally cool. Like it; don't like it, whatever, just don't let other's get under your skin about it.

Your opinion is a valid one and no I don't agree with that, but hey ho, as I've been saying, everyone's got a right to express their opinion! :smile::cookie:

Well said :smile:

As I mentioned, this was not intended to be a 'my game is better than yours' and it is only after some players get nervous and start accuse me and others of bashing is when it turns into another throwing match. So far I have been accused of trolling yet I have seen much worse already been said by others. I myself am just trying to rise above it
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Nomiko13Nomiko13 Posts: 1,497 Member
    edited April 2017
    I don't even think about The Sims 5 anymore. I did at first when I wasn't accustomed to TS4, thus disliking it for a long time.

But if a Sims 5 came out, I wouldn't mind if there's an open or unopen world. I like the world concepts in all TS2/TS4 and TS3, so whatever way they go with the world if a Sims 5 comes out will be cool with me. I love how you can travel in cars and you can follow your Sims in TS3 but I also love that you can actually go into all the places in Sims 4 and there are no rabbit holes.

Back to the subject, I'd love for there to be height adjustment in CAS, babies not being crib bound or have that caterpillar blanket around them lol, animations that show your Sims doing things - not just the thing happening and poof you're done (I.e. when Sims cook I'd love to see them get into the drawers grabbing a cupboard and knife and not just grabbing all the food items from the fridge, when they get into a car I'd love to see them actually open the door and get in - not just run up to it and poof they're inside), I also like preteens who undergo puberty and breakouts and middle age (this isn't my idea but another simmer's I agree with because they think it's odd for an adult to age right up into an elder, so credit to that simmer), maybe a headstart program for toddlers if they plan on keeping these much older toddlers (I love the Lil tykes), also I'd like for kids to be more dependent on parents (ideas for interactions would be asking for food or asking if they can go out and for how long -- side note: I'd also like lots to be age specific and not see any children at bars lol!). I'd also like interactions for toddlers that would involve them getting a boo-boo and asking for a kiss to make it better from the parents.

As for objects, more baby/toddler stuff such as bouncers, matts, car seats/booster seats (if it's an open world or like TS2), play pens, baby dividers (we can use this for when we're cooking & want no harm to happen to our babies), maybe some child protective plugs, night lights, diaries for kids/(pre)teens whether they be clutter items or not.

As for venues, a kids/toddler/preteen hangout (kinda like Chuck E. Cheese or something) where there's ballpits, tunnels to crawl around, token/ticket system where you can redeem prizes (like what we have in Sims 3 seasons festivals :blush: ); teen hangouts such as skating rinks and mini bars that mimic adult bars but aren't the exact same lol.

Event wise, I'd love to have graduation parties for our teens and YA+ who graduate, baby showers for pregnant Sims (it'd be so dope if we got the option to have the shower in our second trimester with a list of things to complete like what we have in TS4) and on the pregnancy topic, a pregnancy duration feature/ultrasound lot would be cool but maybe I'm asking for too much, house warming parties (not like the welcome wagons in TS4, please for the love of all, NO) where we have the option of throwing one when we move somewhere new and have up to a Sim week to decide and plan and if we don't throw one, we don't have to; completely optional, I'd also like for authors to have book signing events (I always thought it was pretty limited that we just publish a book and hope for it to be a best seller with no other features besides a few new social interactions and getting physical copies of 'em).

Other things I'd like to see would be that our Sims can have physical injuries and possibility of infection (if not treated by doc or meds), not just regular old colds/sicknesses alone. It'd be fantastic if your sim could sprain themselves & get a cast (they can get injured for being clumsy or doing too much strenuous activities). They'd also have a limp in their walk if a leg or foot is injured or whatever limb is affected, they cannot use it without experiencing pain. I'd also like for kids/toddlers to get scrapes and not only ask for their boo-boos to get kissed but also bandaged up by the guardian Sims. LOL I'm biased on this suggestion because I'm studying to become a medical doctor (I got another 8-10 years before I become a doctor :joy:), the interaction of "Talk about the birds and the bees" with (pre)teens.

Things they should definitely keep up: the fact we can have multiple boyfriends/girlfriends whether or not one or both Sims are married or in a relationship with other Sims (thank you devs for letting us create scandals and for my Sim being able to have multiple side sims ROFL), I like promise ring feature with the teens but I wish it wasn't glitched, the "enemies with benefits" relationship has to stay (got this when my two Sims broke up and they were on and off and even when they were broken up, they'd get jealous if their enemy with benefits was flirty with someone else).

Less loading screens would definitely be appreciated if possible. It'd also be pretty cool if the turn on/off personality settings would come back from TS2 (I only played TS2 a handful of times but it's so awesome). Also, this is small, but I'd like for us to be able to have multiple outfits for the same category like we can in TS3 (if we can do that in TS4, lemme know pls).

But yeah, I don't think much about TS5 as I'm preoccupied with TS4 (and I still play TS3 because there's so much store content I haven't yet experienced and easter eggs :love: ), so this admittedly is some things I suggested for TS4, but these are my and other simmer's ideas if it does happen. If we're lucky, maybe some of these things will happen with TS4 since it's unfinished lol. (I would've brought up funerals but seeing as that would've come with the Dangerous theme pack, I think we might be getting that feature soon in TS4 *fingers crossed*).

I apologize for the lengthiness, but I love love love The Sims and have nothing but ideas for successor Sims franchises. (And to clarify I love all TS2, 3, and 4 for different reasons; just so there's no misunderstandings)
    ▼add/follow▼
    ●【youtube】【 sims 3 page】【gallery】●

mario_10.jpg
    ●|| free items | daily deals | cascades |thank you ||●
    ▲still waiting on sims 4 generations▲
    ▶owner of the store since 9/21/2017◀
    @Nomiko13 Thanks for your fair contribution to the thread :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
    @king_of_simcity7 it's no problem! :) I'm a lover of predecessors and successors of The Sims. Also, I looked up the possibility for Sims 5 and apparently, it won't happen if TS4 doesn't sell well. :neutral:
    ▼add/follow▼

mario_10.jpg
    @Nomiko13 well acroding to some sources TS4 is selling better so there is still hope :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
    Nomiko13 wrote: »
    @king_of_simcity7 it's no problem! :) I'm a lover of predecessors and successors of The Sims. Also, I looked up the possibility for Sims 5 and apparently, it won't happen if TS4 doesn't sell well. :neutral:

I think that was said before the release of TS4 and I think it was because there was a lot of frustration because Simmers were already talking about not being interested in TS4 and a lot of pre-orders were cancelled.

Don't quote me on that though.
    @Nomiko13 well according to some sources TS4 is selling better so there is still hope :smile:
    Ah, that's a great point! I'd imagine after the toddlers came out, since them being absent at release was the very reason why so many skipped out on getting it.
    I think that was said before the release of TS4 and I think it was because there was a lot of frustration because Simmers were already talking about not being interested in TS4 and a lot of pre-orders were cancelled.

Okay~ Thanks for the insight! (Also, thanks for the generous gifts from my wish list :heart: I very much appreciate them all).
    ▼add/follow▼

mario_10.jpg
  • kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member
    TS5 will more than likely be released within the next 2-3 years (judging by the usual 4 year lifespan for these games), so yes, it is being developed now, without a doubt.

But I don't think I'll buy it on release. I enjoy TS4, but it has taken a LONG time to get good. And it's still not perfect. By the time we get all the "core" Sims content (cars, vacations, weather, pets, magic, college, zany sci-fi shenanigans), TS5 will be out, and frankly, I don't think I can sit through 4 years of waiting for content I already own. Again.

TS5 is gonna have to come with some of that core content in the base game for me to be interested. If not seasons, then weather at least should be standard by this point. College should be standard at this point (or at least be among the first EPs!). Learning to drive and buying a car should be standard. Ghosts, toddlers and pools shouldn't have to be patched in. The game should come with some hidden weirdness, such as alien abductions.

I can't sit through 4 years of buying the same stuff over and over and over again. I've done it 3 times already. Enough is enough.
    wJbomAo.png
    Nomiko13 wrote: »

I know for a fact that a lot of preorders where being cancelled, there was a huge thrwad about it which probably got closed in the end.

I mean some players might like to say that the criticism was small but if you look around there is still evidence of his bad things where and things see not really that much better. Thus thread is a testament to that

:disappointed:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
    kwanzaabot wrote: »
    TS5 will more than likely be released within the next 2-3 years (judging by the usual 4 year lifespan for these games), so yes, it is being developed now, without a doubt.

But I don't think I'll buy it on release. I enjoy TS4, but it has taken a LONG time to get good. And it's still not perfect. By the time we get all the "core" Sims content (cars, vacations, weather, pets, magic, college, zany sci-fi shenanigans), TS5 will be out, and frankly, I don't think I can sit through 4 years of waiting for content I already own. Again.

TS5 is gonna have to come with some of that core content in the base game for me to be interested. If not seasons, then weather at least should be standard by this point. College should be standard at this point (or at least be among the first EPs!). Learning to drive and buying a car should be standard. Ghosts, toddlers and pools shouldn't have to be patched in. The game should come with some hidden weirdness, such as alien abductions.

I can't sit through 4 years of buying the same stuff over and over and over again. I've done it 3 times already. Enough is enough.

Good points :smile:

This is why I gave said that some weather and even Pets shoukd be in the base game. For Pets themselves, if they do arrive in TS4 it would be thier 4th EP and for TS5, thier 5th
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • NoTalentNoTalent Posts: 384 Member
    This is getting way to personal, honestly. The post above mine is highly rude and, in some sense, disrespectful.

Pulling comparisons between games will just cause disappointment.
    NoTalent wrote: »
    This is getting way to personal, honestly. The post above mine is highly rude and, in some sense, disrespectful.

The post above yours?

I mentioned that if TS4 has Pets it would be the 4th Pets EP just like if TS5 has a Pets EP it would be the 5th Pets EP.

If we have a Pets EP until TS10 then that would be the 10th Pets EP. If TS6, 7 and 8 do not have Pets EPs though but TS9 does then that means that would be 7th Pets EP am I right?

I don't see how that is a dig at any game in particular?
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg

@NoTalent - you're having a bubble, right?

I see no rudeness or disrespect.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited April 2017
    Honestly, considering TS4 was officially announced 1 year before release, and leaked earlier with pictures of Olympus, I'd say maybe around next year we should be getting minimal insight into that if it has been in development.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • NoTalentNoTalent Posts: 384 Member
    edited April 2017

The post I was referencing was removed.

Edit: because it was disrespectful and rude.

That's interesting. I don't see anyone editing their posts; perhaps a mod came along!

Sigzy05 wrote: »
    Honestly, considering TS4 was officially announced 1 year before release, and leaked earlier with pictures of Olympus, I'd say maybe around next year we should be getting minimal insight into that if it has been in development.

This is what I am thinking as well. A few hints and teasers until a big announcement in which case the forums wold explode in discussion. I predict a lot of other players will appear out of the woodwork, those who may have 'left' a long time ago and a few casual lurkers.

Sadly I do think there will still be a lot of debates, a new game, what ever it will introduce will bring back a few sore memories from TS4's launch. The biggest divide I can see is Open World verse closed world and if it is one, it would annoy the supporters of the other.

Lets say TS5 is 'more like TS3' I can see a few happy players, happy that Open World is back and maybe if it includes toddlers (a wise choice) and more creativity and family play, that would be a good deal breaker for a lot. Those who do not like those things might find themselves on 'the other side of the fence' so be prepared for a lot of discussion again. There will be hype but there will also be some tears.

What ever happens though it would be interesting, we all want the best for our games of course and we will all have burning questions. As a new game it would be a whole new experience altogether and I really do want to see them get it right this time. We are now in the late 2010s, no excuses should be accepted. We shouldn't even have accepted the excuses last time round, the 'too hard , too expensive' or 'Removing toddlers was the best decision that we ever made!' :open_mouth:

Next time I want big things to happen, I want to be one of the hyped up players as well. Call me a 'fanboy' if you want, I want to be the one who wears that title proudly rather than to be a much feared critic as I am now :(
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
    edited April 2017

I missed that as well but I have booked marked this thread so will check notifications...

Edit:

These are my notifications in GMT and there is no evidence that anyone else posted in this thread who isn't already in here:

17917884_1919267855022564_5509406144504324979_o.jpg?oh=41ec1d56df8a322d248cfd7a72fc5fb2&oe=5998A824
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
    Maybe @NoTalent posted on the wrong thread!