Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why do I mention The Sims 5 alot? *Explained*

king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
Ok, so some players wonder why I 'go on about TS5' a lot when it has not even been announced yet or if we will even see it.

I do fee that there will be a TS5 though, why wouldn't there be? Why would EA want to just stop working on their most popular gaming series which, according to some players at least, is still generating sales?

The thing is some gams take time to develop so if TS5 is coming, it is being developed now. TS4 was developed, at least as Olympus early on in TS3's lifespan. Who is to say that TS5 already entered development after TS4 as launched? I wouldn't expect to see TS5 too soon, and I would expect to hear anything about it for a while but there will come a time that we will hear something and I am very curious to what we will learn that day.

How will other players take news to TS5? Of course it would be wise to stay 'on the fence' for a while but as we learn more, how will other players respond? Will there be toddlers in the base game? Will there be an Open World? Two of the biggest 'deal breakers' for many of us I think but there are many other questions I have as well. Other life stages, will we get to see Pre Teens? What about build mode? What new and returning features will that provide? What about neighbourhood editing or a world editor? CAW?

The possible answers to these questions excite me. The whole thing excites me.

I am not getting any younger. I will 'age up' this year and I wonder what the future holds for me. I will not go into too much personal details but I will say that the possibility of a future Sims game will give me something to look forward to again. At the moment all I have to look forward to is my couple of days off in the week but I want something new to do in those days off. I love TS3 and what I can do with it but I want something new as well. I want to discover something for the first time again. I want to be part of something again.

I want to be part of the 'happy player' crowd. I want to be the one who shares all of the tweets whenever there is an announcement. I want to be he one who says 'hey, guys, did you here that SG Graham said that TS5 will have an option to edit the world in game? or 'did you here that Drake said that in TS5 we can build TS2 style apartments in the base game?' (TS2 players please help me out on that one!)

I want to be a Youtuber as well, one of those who shows off the game as it is new. I want to make my music videos in TS5 as well. I want to be part of something and I want The Sims to be that something.

Should The Sims 4 end now?

No. It would be unwise and unfair towards the players to end TS4 right now but I do not think that the game should exceed five years. Give it a normal life span at least. I want TS5 to be fleshed out and not rushed.

Do I even think that TS5 will even be that good?

Who knows? That is down to the opinions of course but I do think that things will be different next time around and that excites me.

What do I want to see from TS5?

I want to see the game be an improvement on everything that we have ever seen before. The best of all four games? Yes there are even one or two things from TS4 they can carry over but given the choice, I want to see it be more like TS3 than anything else but I do not want a carbon copy either. I want to see a game that I can get lost in for hours at end. I want to see a game that really does give me the wow factor. I want to see progression and I think that with 17 years of experience, we should get exactly that!

How will other players see TS5?

This is what I am curious about. Of course we know nothing about TS5 yet so it would be pointless for me to say 'what do you think of TS5' but when there is news I would be interested to know what players will think. Different opinions will be going around of course and sadly they cannot please everyone but how will the community react? Will there still be a divide? Will old disputes get put to a side and new ones form? I hope that the community will be a lot more satisfied in the future and a lot less argumentative. I myself am making attempts to build bridges between players who I have recently fallen out with and I do hope that there will be a time that The Sims community will be 'a nice place' again.

But I am curious, I am excited and I am also nervous. It will be while until we hear of anything but next year at some point and especially the year after I expect to here something. A small hint, a teaser and then an announcement. I want to be there when it happens and if I like what I see I will without a doubt be there buying it!

Share your views

What would like to see in The Sims 5? What are your views on the future of the series? What do you enjoy from pervious and current games that you want to see carried over?

Thread rules:

Be nice, this is not a 'my game is better than yours thread' and it is also not a TS4 bashing thread. This is just a thread where I express my thoughts on the long term future of the series, a future that is now not as distant as it was and a future that will eventually be our present. Please respect everyone's views in this thread.

Happy Simming :smile:

Peace
Simbourne
screenshot_original.jpg

Comments

• CharlottesmomCharlottesmom Posts: 7,015 Member
    I don't have high hopes 5 if it ever comes to fruition, will be an improvement as the developers now know people will still buy regardless of what is actually included in the game. I'm not helping the cause because I'm a complete set kind of person and want it all regardless. I'm buying the 3 packs I don't own yet for 4 today as a matter of fact and haven't even played 4 for months, but do like it enough to not write it off.

It's nice to have hope for a perfect 5 though...we shall see in a few years.
  • FlyingPotato659FlyingPotato659 Posts: 1,473 Member
    I have a feeling EA is just gonna pick sales over quality with The Sims 5. Plus they have a smaller development team compared to sims 3 development team which likely means its not gonna have a lot of content.
  • jimbbqjimbbq Posts: 2,734 Member
    In ts5, the sims really have to be a lot smarter. They should be able to go about their lives creating interesting stories autonomously. The player will just nudge their behaviour and interesting sitcom style stories come up.
  • mommy19959699mommy19959699 Posts: 226 Member
    TS5 will have to include certain things in the beginning before I give it a chance, ts4 might be the last run for me. Whenever I hear someone mention ts5 already I sigh because I still want to see what they are going to do with ts4 and what is it going to look like once all is said and done with it. More importantly, how much did I have to invest to get the whole ts4 experience. Will it just be the same with ts5? Man! That's an expensive hobby of mine! lol.

But I get why people talk about ts5, it could be true that it's in development and we wouldn't know. Hopefully they are hearing what most people are upset about and taking that into consideration. I'd like to see them never again take out toddlers and give us an open world to run around and explore in. I don't want them to ever again look like claymation in the sims 3. So there's things that if not done right, I'll take what I have already and pass on the rest, even if they continue this for years.

But what do I know? I do know it's pretty sad that you felt like you had to come here and explain yourself in such great detail. That's why I don't comment on here much, people here are mostly loyal fans that will buy w/e EA spits out at them. And I don't say that to be rude, they have their reasons i'm sure. Probably for most this is their fav. or only game.
  • catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    People talk about it to let them know what they are looking for in sims5. One thing I would like to see them stop doing is the clay hair. It's horrible. If modders can make good hair, so could they.
  • jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    catitude5 wrote: »
    People talk about it to let them know what they are looking for in sims5. One thing I would like to see them stop doing is the clay hair. It's horrible. If modders can make good hair, so could they.

The clay hair looks way better than the Alpha hair. The Sims 2 hair is probably the best.
    The Sims 3 hairs all looked like wigs.

Alapha hair looks out of place in The Sims 4. Plus "clay hair" is an artstyle choice, and a lot of games that are non-realistic go with it.
  • meeounmeeoun Posts: 2,173 Member
    It's any reason really people post anything here.
    I miss realistic genetics. (Dominate/Recessive) Even TS3 fell short on that. Hopefully TS5 will bring that back, or at least give us the ability to customize what we want what hair or eye color to be recessive/dominant.
    I know. Probably wishful thinking. Lol
  • PsychoSimXXPsychoSimXX Posts: 4,403 Member
    Giving what happened to Sim city, I really do not think there will be a Sims 5.

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Thanks for the varied responses so far :smile:

Remember guys, keep this thread friendly as we never know, this might just be one thread that the devs use to get early ideas from :smiley:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • ohmyohmyohmyohmy Posts: 614 Member
    I thought you were gone? I want a mix of things from previous games I'd prefer they not return to the open world and instead keep TS4's world.. that's pretty much it for me because i don't really think about ts5 at all.
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    As much as I enjoyed open world in Sims 3, I rather they never do it again. Here are my reasons...

They want the game to be able to run on old computers. They will have to sacrifice a lot in an open world for these reasons. Either increase the required specs(which could make the game amazing on so many levels) or leave the world closed.

Routing...I feel like people who designed the worlds never really played with the Sims in those worlds. Well just look at Isla Paridiso...

Connected worlds. I always wanted to connect my worlds and turn some of the worlds into vacation spots instead of home worlds. I believe this could have been addressed by the team but they never did. So some where stuck getting the traveler mod if they wanted to do that. This is also a problem with Sims 4 as far as changing homeworlds into destination worlds.

No open restaurants due to performance was the claim with Sims 3. I hated how everything was closed and I still didn't understand why when nightclubs were open. Guess adding a chef and waiters was too much *shrugs*

Sims 4 worlds are limited and I think Sims 2 style with an upgrade in graphics could be a happy medium. In Sims 5, I hope we can edit and create the world itself and not get hit with performance limitations. I also hope rotational gameplay is taken into consideration because I get bored playing one family. I am not holding my breath because honestly to make the game I would like to see they would have to increase the computer spec requirements which really needs to be done.
  • RockleyfamilyRockleyfamily Posts: 5,730 Member
    ohmyohmy wrote: »
    I thought you were gone? I want a mix of things from previous games I'd prefer they not return to the open world and instead keep TS4's world.. that's pretty much it for me because i don't really think about ts5 at all.

See I'm the opposite with the open world, the lack of it is part of why I could never get into TS4. That and the colour wheel for customisation. They're two things I didn't realise were important to me until they were gone.
    It'll be hard to make everyone happy really if we like differing things.
  • mommy19959699mommy19959699 Posts: 226 Member
    Well open world wouldn't be so bad if it was done the way Vampires was. Not so big that it would cause problems but you could still go from one place to the next w/o a loading screen. You can go exploring in that map. I wouldn't mind a compromise, sims 3 worlds were pretty huge.
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    I say give the Sims 4 a Long Life Span, long enough to get what I came for, otherwise I'm Just wasting money, more importantly my time.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    I think I could be happy with Open Neighborhoods. I originally thought that was how Sims 4 was going to be. I thought each neighborhood was going to be open. No load screens visiting neighbors house just load screen when you actually leave the neighborhood. I think this idea could work as a happy medium too.
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    keekee53 wrote: »
    I think I could be happy with Open Neighborhoods. I originally thought that was how Sims 4 was going to be. I thought each neighborhood was going to be open. No load screens visiting neighbors house just load screen when you actually leave the neighborhood. I think this idea could work as a happy medium too.

Fair suggestion :smile: It is things like that what make me curious about the future. Now I do want fully Open Worlds but if another approach is taken that is just as good or if not, even better then I would be happy to follow that route instead :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • BrownGamerGurl1BrownGamerGurl1 Posts: 1,136 Member
    catitude5 wrote: »

The hair definitely suits the art style though. It's really not bad to me.
  • BrownGamerGurl1BrownGamerGurl1 Posts: 1,136 Member
    As much as I enjoyed open world in Sims 3, I rather they never do it again. Here are my reasons...

They want the game to be able to run on old computers. They will have to sacrifice a lot in an open world for these reasons. Either increase the required specs(which could make the game amazing on so many levels) or leave the world closed.

Routing...I feel like people who designed the worlds never really played with the Sims in those worlds. Well just look at Isla Paridiso...

Connected worlds. I always wanted to connect my worlds and turn some of the worlds into vacation spots instead of home worlds. I believe this could have been addressed by the team but they never did. So some where stuck getting the traveler mod if they wanted to do that. This is also a problem with Sims 4 as far as changing homeworlds into destination worlds.

No open restaurants due to performance was the claim with Sims 3. I hated how everything was closed and I still didn't understand why when nightclubs were open. Guess adding a chef and waiters was too much *shrugs*

Sims 4 worlds are limited and I think Sims 2 style with an upgrade in graphics could be a happy medium. In Sims 5, I hope we can edit and create the world itself and not get hit with performance limitations. I also hope rotational gameplay is taken into consideration because I get bored playing one family. I am not holding my breath because honestly to make the game I would like to see they would have to increase the computer spec requirements which really needs to be done.

People hate the sims 4 because it doesnt have "open world" and cas but dont bash the sims 2 for those same lack of features. I dont understand,How is sims 4 a terrible game without those things, but sims 2 is not? It baffles me. Sims 4 is called the worst ever just because it doesnt have those things.

But sims 4 has so many cool details that sims 3 did not have also. I feel like they went back to the original style of the sims, with sims 4 and theres a lot of people who dont appreciate that.
  • james64468james64468 Posts: 1,276 Member
    edited April 2017
    Here a few things I would like to see if Sims 5 (maybe I was dreaming of a 6. I almost wrote 6 instead of 5.lol):
    Semi-open World basegame-I would rather have a open world but I will compromise with a semi-open world.
    Sims 2 likeness on Open for Business -Make electronic bench(make computers, cellphones and other gadgets.)
    Sims 2 likeness on apartments
    Sims 2 likeness on mansion and garden
    Sims 2 wants and fears-Basegame
    Sims 2 personalities -Basegame
    Sims 2 likeness on Grocery stores -Basegame
    Sims 2 likeness on hairstyle -basegame
    Sims 3 likeness on Generations
    Music- sims 2 and sims 3 likeness. -Basegame
    Book writing-Maybe your sims wants to be a famous writer. Be able to write squels to previous written book titles. Royalties contuines for at least 1 year after the death of the author. Next generation writer can make a special edition of the previous written books. But must read that book series before writing the special edition. -basegame
    Sims 3 color wheel-basegame
    Kids stuff-baby-Teen(includes diaper changing station)-Basegame
    Baby- once the baby is 2 days old allow the baby to learn to crawl and play with toys. Allow the parents teach potty and walking at that age. -Basegame
    Toddler- New activities, Be able to dance with the music on the stereo. -Basegame
    Kids-Homework, New activities, sell lemonaid and baked goods -Basegame
    Teens-homework, new activities. Senior skip day that don't hurt school performance and of course prom night. -Basegame
    Cellphones- should come later. Allow cellphone shops and your sim to buy a plan. The plan be another bill that be done monthly. If they cant pay the bill it gets turned off.
    The things that says basegame are the most important for me to get into Sims 5.
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    Why is this in the sims 4 forum?

I personally don't hold hopes for a sims 5. If it does come I think it will not be an improvement over the previous iterations. Sadly I don't think open world will be back, it caused too many issues for some (not all) and excluded a lot of the player base. EA wouldn't want that again.

If there is a sims 5 it wouldn't surprise me to see an even more watered down version of the sims.
  • LadyJesterLadyJester Posts: 606 Member
    It will be interesting to see what the sims 5 will be like. I know I am like one of those people are are like "We dont even know if we are getting a sims 5!" I just don't want to get my hopes up if we don't get one. If we did get a sims 5 I would happy and buy it in a heart beat. I love the sims series. The sims 4 could actually run a lot longer than previous sims games. Look at this way though that could be a good thing. it will give the developers more time to make the sims 5 amazing. I hope so anyways. I love 4 and I have no problems with it but there are people that aren't happy with it. Hopefully the sims 5 will be able to bring the community back together.
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member

People hate the sims 4 because it doesnt have "open world" and cas but dont bash the sims 2 for those same lack of features. I dont understand,How is sims 4 a terrible game without those things, but sims 2 is not? It baffles me. Sims 4 is called the worst ever just because it doesnt have those things.

But sims 4 has so many cool details that sims 3 did not have also. I feel like they went back to the original style of the sims, with sims 4 and theres a lot of people who dont appreciate that.

I can't speak for others of course but personally it's because my sims 2 sims had so much detail and personality that is simply lacking in the sims 4. My sims cared about their families and friends, they reacted incredibly well to sims around them and the world and their reactions felt real. Thanks to the memory system and attraction system the sims had character, they don't feel like carbon copies of each other. In terms of gameplay there is lots to do and the activities are fleshed out and meaningful. Also for me I love the sims 2 as I can create my own worlds and build my own community lots and homes and put them where I want. That's why I don't mind the lack of open world in that game, the world feels like mine as I have most likely created it from scratch.
  • GlacierGlacier Posts: 193 Member
    jimbbq wrote: »
    In ts5, the sims really have to be a lot smarter. They should be able to go about their lives creating interesting stories autonomously. The player will just nudge their behaviour and interesting sitcom style stories come up.
    I think so too. It sounds pretty ironic, but the Sims needs to get the sims right. If the sims are smart, every gameplay element can become interesting. Also, if EA is going to up the version from 4 to 5, make sure that they also kick the game up another notch and give us a refreshing and new game.
  • Sonia016Sonia016 Posts: 482 Member
    Your feeling on TS5 might be coming soon could be real....rite...

The Sims Game
  • OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    edited April 2017
    Sims 5 isn't coming anytime soon. Speaking of it as a theoretical game, I would like it to be more a hybrid of The Sims 2 and The Sims 4 and less Sims 3. Open world games are too buggy. I'd like to keep the partitioned lots of The Sims 4. I'd like traits removed altogether and to see the return of the personality matrix from The Sims or The Sims 2. Keep the Sims 4 style CAS. Sims 4 style vampires would be amazing. Sims 2 style apartments would be similarly cool.
    Post edited by OEII1001 on