Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Anybody else heart broken over these plant sims?

Comments

• Options
    feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    I have learnt that the green sims walking about are not plant sims, they just give you the beans, because a few minutes later there back to normal. its only your sim you are playing that can become a plant sim.
    I hope it isn't permanent because two of my plant sims nearly got into dire straits, one was in the red with lack of water and her hubby nearly dies from lack of sunlight through the night. I don't know what would happen if I let them go without water, and without sunlight, would they die?? or just not be plant sims anymore.
    I am disappointed because I thought the place they go to get the blue fruit is a place we can go to and we can't.
    I learnt that if you add a green sim to your group, action add to group, you can invite them in and grab from a plate of flirty cookies, to make green sim flirty. I would think painting do the same thing.
  • Options
    Missmagoo2Missmagoo2 Posts: 1,255 Member
    If by heartbroken you mean that they're in my game and causing all of my townies to turn green and sad, then yes. I would have liked this to have been an option, but NOPE, gotta ruin my game-play to make my sims sort of like plants. Not even cool plants. :|
    Like SJM? Like Kpop? Like Greek Mythology?
    ☆゚.*・。゚ Follow me on the gallery ☆゚.*・。゚ Origin ID: Missmagoo2
    O(≧▽≦)O

(I work with CC so make sure you check that box to see my "hidden" content!)

L'uinversSims profile: https://luniversims.fr/profile/46983-missmagoo2/
  • Options
    PixelsimmerPixelsimmer Posts: 2,351 Member
    marcel21 wrote: »
    As others have mentioned I am heart broken that my played (non active) sims are being turned into plant sims just because. It's not fun and it breaks immersion for me. I don't care about plant sims and I definitely don't want to see the town's mayor walking around looking all green.

Even if it's a time limited challenge, they should let us opt out of it if she want...

well if enough people complain they genreally remove things in the sims 4 life states anyway.

male pregnancy and alien abduction I'v have yet to see in my own game.

people complaning about it yet I never had it.

sometimes the complaning can spoil it for people who want it :#

however this time I am complaning with this cheap version of a life state :(

they did a brilliant job with toddlers, not perfect with the walking already. i mean newborns can't learn to. how did toddlers learn. oh wait simmers complaining about it so much :p
    personally i think EA listen too much to some ideas...

if you don't want plant sims of course just ignore them. I do this with teens.

the teens in TS2 Were cute, full fleged, okay in 3 but in 4

horrible height thing and they don't even feel like teens at all, just a young adult with less options...

I agree about abductions, they're too rare. Anyway I think everyone would be happy if they just included a few more options under Gameplay options:

- vampires (vampire invasion) (normal) (off)
    - Alien abductions (alien invasion) (normal) (off)
    - Challenges (on) (off)
    - difficulty level (hard- random deaths are more frequent and happen without a warning) (medium - random deaths still happen without a warning but they're not that common) (easy- what we have now)
  • Options
    FallenPrinceFallenPrince Posts: 928 Member
    Me. I love plantsims. Rose, her husband and their little daughter were one of my favorite households to play as in TS2.
    I do appreciate the process of becoming a plantsim. The beans are a nice idea and the tree is beautiful. It's just the fact that the plantsims themselves lack any plant-ness. They are just green.
    I do hope they get expanded in the future. I will be mad if they aren't.
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Yoko2112 wrote: »

Oh come on @JoAnne65 everyone knows you only love the look of TS3 Sims because you don't find TS4 Sims attractive ;) I don't think you cared about them at all until TS4 changed its artstyle to cartoony :* Just my opinion though o:)
    lol :p
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    damagedlostbrokendamagedlostbroken Posts: 293 Member
    I'm always happy when the powers that be give us something for free. Can't complain about free, right? I loved PlantSims in Sims 2 and 3, so of course I had to do this challenge. I really enjoyed it! It's a nice departure, and something different to do with your Sims if you so wish. I'd like it if they made it a fully fleshed life state.
  • Options
    feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    since the challenge started one of my sims has been abducted four times. the same sim. unfortunately not a male sim.
  • Options
    heatherXkittyheatherXkitty Posts: 307 Member
    Yes!!! I want real plant sims! Not these fakes! I personally don't consider what we got to be a plant sim. With just basegame you can go into cas and make a reg sim look exactly like the ones we got, basically the sims team in charge of this got lazy. And the added benefits our sims get from turning into one are crap. They did nothing for me. I WANT REAL PLANT SIMS!!!!!!! I saw a comment about these "plantsims" and it's a perfect description imo, "cheap knock-offs" is what the commenter called them.
    banner_3.jpg?w=1200
  • Options
    thesims4queenthesims4queen Posts: 45 Member
    The task is very easy but enthusiastic
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    I never turn my nose up at free stuff. It sure would be nice if we get more to PlantSims in the future. But there's other things as well to deal with - pets and supernatruals, for example.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    Kilov17Kilov17 Posts: 1,795 Member
    Nope, no broken heart but I think @MyFavoritedesign has managed to designed & share a heart breaker of a Plant Sim (on PlantSim Challenge!)!
    But it is nice of EA to in some form bring back THIS unique Occult in Sims 4 and not require an EP or SP to see/ get it. (5 day thing or not)
    We should be grateful for what we do get and not get upset or stressed over what we don't :smiley:
    Kilov17 (Gallery ID: SimOppresser)
    JrTlDGw.jpg
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited April 2017
    I haven't even got one yet because I'm having trouble finding the last bean.

I had my sim take a vacation week at the Camping place and everyday she saw at least 3 or more plant Sims - she came back home with all the beans she was missing - because at home she tried over a week and only had 2 - so maybe try a camping vacation and see if you can't find that last one.

At camp just hang around the center area near the little camp store and they come walking by....

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    simm621simm621 Posts: 1,037 Member
    I got excited when I heard about them, I loved playing them in 2, and while I loved the way they were back then, this is just a challenge that I didn't pay for. So while I wish they were more like before I understand why, but it would be nice if they bring them in permanently and if they do then I expect them to be better.
    I am more upset that the cowplant is no where near as fun as in 2.
    Gallery ID: wiccanwonder
  • Options
    Simsister2004Simsister2004 Posts: 3,536 Member
    edited April 2017
    I was all excited when I saw the update.. So after playing for close to two hours, I'm questioning what I got excited for..

Other than occasional leaves growing out of them, there isn't much to these plant sims at all.

No photosynthizing, absorbing puddles, trails of flowers, and least of all, no being able to grow plant sim babies out of the ground.. I'm crushed. :/

-not forgetting the way they could sprinkle seeds out of their heads to grow plant babies in Sims 2..

NO, I am not at all "heart broken". I am delighted that we get a glimse of how plantsims could arrive in The sims 4. I sincerely hope they will arrive properly made later on together with fairies. That would be so sweet. Honestly you gave me some ideas here for suggestions. Thanks to you all.
  • Options
    Sc3niXSc3niX Posts: 2,468 Member
    marcel21 wrote: »
    As others have mentioned I am heart broken that my played (non active) sims are being turned into plant sims just because. It's not fun and it breaks immersion for me. I don't care about plant sims and I definitely don't want to see the town's mayor walking around looking all green.

Even if it's a time limited challenge, they should let us opt out of it if she want...

well if enough people complain they genreally remove things in the sims 4 life states anyway.

male pregnancy and alien abduction I'v have yet to see in my own game.

people complaning about it yet I never had it.

sometimes the complaning can spoil it for people who want it :#

however this time I am complaning with this cheap version of a life state :(

they did a brilliant job with toddlers, not perfect with the walking already. i mean newborns can't learn to. how did toddlers learn. oh wait simmers complaining about it so much :p
    personally i think EA listen too much to some ideas...

if you don't want plant sims of course just ignore them. I do this with teens.

the teens in TS2 Were cute, full fleged, okay in 3 but in 4

horrible height thing and they don't even feel like teens at all, just a young adult with less options...

I agree about abductions, they're too rare. Anyway I think everyone would be happy if they just included a few more options under Gameplay options:

- vampires (vampire invasion) (normal) (off)
    - Alien abductions (alien invasion) (normal) (off)
    - Challenges (on) (off)
    - difficulty level (hard- random deaths are more frequent and happen without a warning) (medium - random deaths still happen without a warning but they're not that common) (easy- what we have now)

That's so weird cause my 3rd gen family got abducted so many, my male sim would just give birth and whoops abducted and pregnant again.
  • Options
    TheLibrarySimTheLibrarySim Posts: 966 Member
    I'm having a lot of fun with the challenge, and I think this is a great way to maybe introduce new life forms.

They're not going to give us full-blown Plantsims in a challenge. And they're not going to give them to us for free. Because they need to make money, and because too many people would go ballistic if they "forced" Plantsims on the game.
    So, the next best thing is to introduce half-formed Plantsims on a temporary basis and see how people react.
    If most of the commenters are like you guys, who don't want Plantsims, then okay, no Plantsims. Maybe they'll be shelved for a much later release. At least they didn't waste a lot of time making them fully formed.
    On the other hand, if the reaction is positive, and people make great suggestions (like @DreamsInPixels ), then they know this is something they should go forward with.
    They're just testing the waters, if you will. Waiting for us to give them a green light.
    7mQr8Yt.jpg
  • Options
    MrMonty96MrMonty96 Posts: 1,715 Member
    @JoAnne65 wrote: »
    @MrMonty96 wrote: »
    If I'm going to be honest I don't think you really cared about PlantSims too much until EA patched in a half baked version.

Good thing I couldn't care less about what you think I and others care about. Look at my profile picture, look at all my posts. I am a supernatural player, I love the magic and quirks, I was furious when the base game launched without ghosts, I was furious when the expansions dropped the lifestate tradition, and now I'm furious that we've gotten half baked plant sims when they've always been one of my favorite life states.

I get that it's free, I don't mind PAYING for them to be in an expansion pack (they were never in depth enough to qualify for their own gamepack)

It'd be like patching vampires in, they're just pale sims that burn in the sun and need red bar drinks to live and other than that they're normal. I'd be furious at that too.

MEOW! I was just stating my opinion, no need to get triggered​. :smile:
    Love it when people play the innocence card. Got curious about that opinion you were 'just stating'. Turns out you weren't stating an opinion about the game or something related to the subject of the topic, but about other people's motives, filling in why they are having their opinion by questioning it.

But I did state an option about the game, did I not say that the PlantSims were half baked? I said I think so I wasn't filling in anything but I suppose I shouldn't have read into people's opinions, but there was no need for a snarky reply.

Bye now :) .
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    MrMonty96 wrote: »
    @JoAnne65 wrote: »
    If I'm going to be honest I don't think you really cared about PlantSims too much until EA patched in a half baked version.

Good thing I couldn't care less about what you think I and others care about. Look at my profile picture, look at all my posts. I am a supernatural player, I love the magic and quirks, I was furious when the base game launched without ghosts, I was furious when the expansions dropped the lifestate tradition, and now I'm furious that we've gotten half baked plant sims when they've always been one of my favorite life states.

I get that it's free, I don't mind PAYING for them to be in an expansion pack (they were never in depth enough to qualify for their own gamepack)

It'd be like patching vampires in, they're just pale sims that burn in the sun and need red bar drinks to live and other than that they're normal. I'd be furious at that too.

MEOW! I was just stating my opinion, no need to get triggered​. :smile:
    Love it when people play the innocence card. Got curious about that opinion you were 'just stating'. Turns out you weren't stating an opinion about the game or something related to the subject of the topic, but about other people's motives, filling in why they are having their opinion by questioning it.

But I did state an option about the game, did I not say that the PlantSims were half baked? I said I think so I wasn't filling in anything but I suppose I shouldn't have read into people's opinions, but there was no need for a snarky reply.

Bye now :) .
    Ah, but that was not what your MEOW remark was about was it? Because the simmer you were responding to was obviously defending themselves against your opinion about their motives (explaining they genuinely love supernaturals in their game), not about the fact you consider them halfbaked. So yet again you're playing the innocence card here.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    RowanLaFolleRowanLaFolle Posts: 22 Member
    I am disappointed. I was excited at first because the sims I am playing own a plant nursery, so I figured this was perfect. I used to love playing plantsims because they were so easy to take care of. But these plantsims are not easy to care of. They need sunlight, but if they are out in the sun, their water need depletes quickly. So they pretty much need to do stuff outside and shower constantly. Then they almost die every night. If there are sunlamps like there used to be, I can't find them.

They have also been glitchy. My plantsims were at their nursery, out in the sun, but their "hunger" need kept depleting anyway. I finally had to use the cheat to fill their needs back up. Then their needs didn't deplete at all the rest of the time they were at work. So when they got home, they weren't tired for bed like they should be for their schedule. But then their sun and water needs were depleting, but it was night time. My regular sims were easier to take care of.

The tree is pretty cool though.

I saw some people having trouble finding all the beans, so if it helps, here's how I found them:

For the emotions that have a corresponding table lamp, I just put a lamp near the plantsim. What...flirty, confident, whatever.
    For the angry bean, I just insulted the plantsim till she got mad.
    For the sad bean, I dressed up as the tragic clown and talked to the plantsim.
    I got lucky and found one that was uncomfortable. I had tried putting a wall around one and waiting for her to get uncomfortable, but I left the lot and when I came back, she was gone. Don't know how she got out.
  • Options
    Ginger_BrofloskiGinger_Brofloski Posts: 7 New Member
    I don't MIND plant sims being a thing, but it does bother me about NPC's randomly turning into plant sims because it's annoying and it's like they're all just turning into weird, boring clones. Plant sims don't look as cool as they could either...
  • Options
    Kilov17Kilov17 Posts: 1,795 Member
    Me. I love plantsims. Rose, her husband and their little daughter were one of my favorite households to play as in TS2.
    I do appreciate the process of becoming a plantsim. The beans are a nice idea and the tree is beautiful. It's just the fact that the plantsims themselves lack any plant-ness. They are just green.
    I do hope they get expanded in the future. I will be mad if they aren't.

What about the lack of the two special plant interactions from Sims 3 too? They were forms of 'Kiss'.
    They are now instead of a real special occult, just a way to increase your sim's gardening skill faster and giving up having to 'eat'...

Just an event worth completing for any challenge one might find in it IMO.
    Kilov17 (Gallery ID: SimOppresser)
    JrTlDGw.jpg
  • Options
    geminiagregeminiagre Posts: 6,918 Member
    edited April 2017
    I do like supernaturals in general , even though i don't always play them. Plantsims weren't my favourite, but I didn't hate them either. They were ok for me. I'm not happy with what we got, but it's free, and i'm pretty sure that if they get a positive feedback they will definitely expand on them. I'm certain this is just a test to see how the community feels to get feedback and ideas. How many people like the idea, and how they would like them to be when fully fledged

For those who hate the fact that sims randomly turn into plantsims... They turn back to normal sims very quickly. It doesn't affect your current household. And i'm under the impression (not sure about that) that if you don't interact with Jasmine Holiday , you don't get the stump , and sims do not randomly turn into plant sims. Technically you are opting out of the challenge and plantsims all together. :smile:
  • Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    Avianator wrote: »
    I never was a fan of Plantsims so actually I don't care if they are fleshed out or not...I wouldn't have played with them anyway.
    But I can totally understand that players who always liked Plantsims are disappointed.
    If fairies would make their return in a similar half-hearted way I would probably cry.

this is my point. if they are doing it with plantsims whats to stop them doing it with another fan favorite. i mean come on EA its not like we are being given many so far with this game, nooooooooooooooo. just endless stuff packs and not even a quarter baked EP's.

why can't they just give us another supernatral EP :(
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon