Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Anybody else heart broken over these plant sims?

Comments

• ohmyohmyohmyohmy Posts: 614 Member
    edited April 2017
    Not really.. plantsims were the most boring lifestate to me in TS2 so I don't really care either way, lol.
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    Yeah I am heartbroken they are in my game. I didn't ask for them and I don't want sims randomly turning into plantsims.
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I didn't really care for plantsims in the past. Maybe I never gave them a real chance, but I like playing these partly because they are temporary. If they made the "official" plantsims like in the past, I might continue to play them especially if they gave us fairies and/or elves and sprites. I would make the fairies the rulers of the plantsims, who are forced to do all the gardening work to keep the fairies happy.
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I'm not heartbroken. I never played them in 2.. well maybe that one premade family for a few days. No great memories associated with them. I'm actually excited to try this challenge out and have time to play today.
    I think the suggestion made earlier by @Netzspannung is a good one start a petition and get some ideas going out there for what you want. Maybe they are testing the waters with this type of plant sim. I really liked @DreamsInPixels ideas for them. I always make gardeners now so maybe it will be good to be green.
    egTcBMc.png
  • husseinandalihusseinandali Posts: 2,622 Member
    ohmyohmy wrote: »
    Not really.. plantsims were the most boring lifestate to me in TS2 so I don't really care either way, lol.

ScreenShot330.jpg
    yondu-guardians1.jpg
    over here i post my cc
    new: https://simsworkshop.net/members/g1g2.1032/
    old: modthesims.info/m/8847624
    you may know me as g1g2

• JaseJase Posts: 2,147 Member
    I wouldn't say heartbroken, but a little disappointed. I've always been a fan of Plantsims ever since TS2 and really hope that they are fleshed out and become a permanent life state. Since the basic outline is there, they would be a great addition to any Gardening or Seasons EP, GP, or SP. :)
  • CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    edited April 2017
    nope, not at all.
    the idea of a plant sim still makes me laugh LOL, i hadn't really known it was a thing in the past
    i think the only occult state i enjoy is vampires
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • hmae123hmae123 Posts: 1,912 Member
    My current sim is a single mom in a small city apt who is pretty childish, hoping to make a living with social media since she doesn't have much for business smarts and is far to clumsy for a physical job. Gardening doesn't fit her personality however I still wanted to try the challenge for the heck of it but her apt is way to small for that tree.

I don't want to start a new save just to play it and my other save is my vampire save on hold for now until we get more supernatruals.

Since it sounds like the plant sims aren't that fun I think I'll pass on this challenge for now anyway.
  • CandydCandyd Posts: 1,261 Member
    What would you all want out of fully fledged plant sims? I never played them much in the past cos they seemed kind of lame, so I don't understand what their full potential could be.

I could imagine a nice tropical kind of world, full of luscious plants and trees and plenty of lakes and rivers, for them to live in. But what would they do that was special?

Some of their abilities that could be back in the future (I'd like some of them, but not necessarily all) :
    - they can reproduce asexually, which is very convenient, and transmit their life state
    - plantsim children grow very fast (this one isn't my cup of tea but it's still typical of plantsims)
    - they can inherit skills from their parents so that their fast growth isn't a real problem
    - they can sleep in the ground
    - they can absorb rain (they already can absorb water in TS4 but absorbing rain would be great for a seasons EP)
    - they can seduce and poison other sims
    - they have leafy hair and clothes, and their genetic template makes them look like elves after several generations
    In general, I'd like them to have the possibility to live their whole life outside without depending on furniture, and I'd love them to reproduce asexually. This way, all sims could easily clone themselves without being scientists.
  • PancakesandwichPancakesandwich Posts: 2,038 Member
    What would you all want out of fully fledged plant sims? I never played them much in the past cos they seemed kind of lame, so I don't understand what their full potential could be.

I could imagine a nice tropical kind of world, full of luscious plants and trees and plenty of lakes and rivers, for them to live in. But what would they do that was special?

Here's what I would want:
    1. The ability to resurrect dead plants, including cowplants.
    2. The ability to kill plants with a touch
    3. The ability to fertilize plants without things to fertilize with.
    4. Soak up puddles
    5. Flower kiss/Poison Kiss
    6. Spores to impregnate another sim

@DreamsInPixels
    1. Yes please!
    2. Awesome! With the club system from Get Together, I could imagine rivalling PlantSim clans: One lets all life flourish, the other wants to kill every other plant on the planet.
    3. Or instead of this, PlantSims could use energy to produce fertilisers. Higher value fertiliser costs more energy, and producing the ultimate (unique to PlantSims) fertiliser makes them pass out even while in the sunlight.
    4. Don't we have this already? It's a nice feature either way.
    5. ESPECIALLY poison kiss! >:) This would be extremely cool and useful to have. Maybe have a "puts asleep" version as well as a "kills target unless it's a PlantSim, in which case it increases romance a lot" version?
    While some SimGuru did say "Sims don't kill eachother directly" once, I think this should be the exception. They aren't Sims after all, they are PlantSims ;)
    6. This could be the special woohoo type between PlantSims. Like vampires have got plant woohoo (wha? lol, brain full of plants right now) bat woohoo. I've got no clue how PlantSims and regular Sims could reproduce though.

Another ability could be that they may "break" or block objects by letting plants grow inside and around them. Not autonomous, just player-directed. A fire breaking out or someone removing the plants (which is faster with high gardening skill, and instantaneous as a PlantSim) are the only ways to free the objects again.
    PlantSims could also use this to lock a door for anyone but other PlantSims, who could temporarily remove the vines.

Also let them sleep inside of the ground please. And/or let them have small "beds" with transparent sheets so they can sleep outside on a bed too.
  • MonaveilMonaveil Posts: 652 Member
    No, I really don't feel "heart broken" about Plant Sims or the challenge being what it is. It's something new for my main Sims to do and that's always nice. I never played a Plant Sim in TS2 but you make them sound interesting. Perhaps Plant Sims are on the drawing board and will eventually make their way into this game. If they do then I'd probably play one to see how they work.
  • ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member
    Honestly can't say that I am. I have never really bothered with the plantsims anyway so this doesn't bother me not to mention the fact that they are free. It's pretty hard for me to be critical of something that wasn't base game previously and is free.
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,294 Member
    I never cared for plant sims, so making them temporary with this event gave me a chance to test them. And to me they are fun because they are temporary. But a Sim Guru already tweeted that expanding on plant sims in the future could be an option, so why not start a petition and show how much you care about plant sims? I mean, I would not sign it, but so many people are complaining about this free addition that I am sure you guys could make some noise.

I've never liked the plant Sims either. Never played them in Sims2, don't intend to start now. I'm even leery of updated. Although, it's possible it updated for me, since when I powered up my computer today, I noticed Origin in my menu bar for a moment, the message being it was ready to play. :open_mouth:
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • cynclacyncla Posts: 1,117 Member
    So after reading all this I'm gonna stop "begging for beans". I have only found three plant people , one of them gives you a bean right away , one never gives it up , and the third Sim I found will not stop and talk to any of my Sims. This is dragging my game fun down so plum it.
  • Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    MrMonty96 wrote: »
    If I'm going to be honest I don't think you really cared about PlantSims too much until EA patched in a half baked version.

Good thing I couldn't care less about what you think I and others care about. Look at my profile picture, look at all my posts. I am a supernatural player, I love the magic and quirks, I was furious when the base game launched without ghosts, I was furious when the expansions dropped the lifestate tradition, and now I'm furious that we've gotten half baked plant sims when they've always been one of my favorite life states.

I get that it's free, I don't mind PAYING for them to be in an expansion pack (they were never in depth enough to qualify for their own gamepack)

It'd be like patching vampires in, they're just pale sims that burn in the sun and need red bar drinks to live and other than that they're normal. I'd be furious at that too.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • PegasysPegasys Posts: 1,135 Member
    I'm still waiting to harvest the Forbidden fruit, so I haven't actually played the challenge PlantSim yet. But I don't think I'll be disappointed because I was never really into them anyway. I think I played one PlantSim in TS2 once.

On the list of things I want for TS4, PlantSims is at the bottom. I don't mind if they add them fully fleshed out in a future pack, but I've seen a lot of people asking for witches and fairies and I'm looking forward to those - especially witches - more.

I think they want to do things different this version and I think they are not choosing to bring back every thing from every previous iteration in exactly the same way. My guess is they weren't really planning to bring back PlantSims -- at least until now.
  • FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    edited April 2017
    It doesn't break my heart :p but sorry it upsets you and the others.
    I never played them, but to me, it looks like you could make them in CAS? Green hair and skin? Not sure though. (I know they have different things to do, like any supernatural, but this is half-baked to me)
    I imagine my town will be full of green though, how eco is that!
  • LunaNovaLunaNova Posts: 1,239 Member
    I guess they're just testing the waters a little bit. We perceive them as not being as good as they could be, and if we keep posting our exact concerns about PlantSims (as well as our suggestions to make them better!) then they could be an actual lifestate in the future.

Also:

:)

I'm glad they have said they will potentially expand on them. Thats better than nothing. The sims 2 plant sims where my favourite. I don't think i really touched them in 3 but I would always play them in 2!
    tumblr_ox7j4tmNjd1wqkiw6o1_1280.png
    //Sims Tumblr Here-MoonPhase Simblr//Berry Sims Here- MoonBerry Sims//
    Let me make you a cute forum avatar [Closed right noww!! will re-open closer to cats and dogs!] //
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    It's not so bad for something that comes in a free event. After all, not everybody is able to be on, so if it was in-depth and the only version we get then I think they'd be ticked off that they missed it. It's probably a test and there will be other ways to get that fruit and PlantSims are just a template right now.

Like, plant that fruit, get a special fruit tree, and eat from it all the time to remain a plantSim as much as possible. Still an optional state.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • UmbralFlowerUmbralFlower Posts: 4,494 Member
    Loanet wrote: »
    It's not so bad for something that comes in a free event. After all, not everybody is able to be on, so if it was in-depth and the only version we get then I think they'd be ticked off that they missed it. It's probably a test and there will be other ways to get that fruit and PlantSims are just a template right now.

Like, plant that fruit, get a special fruit tree, and eat from it all the time to remain a plantSim as much as possible. Still an optional state.

Everything from this event is in debug build/buy even after the event is over, so no one will miss anything.
    ~*-*-*~ My SimLit: The Echoed Fragments || A Tale of Love and Fame ~*-*-*~
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    Loanet wrote: »

Everything from this event is in debug build/buy even after the event is over, so no one will miss anything.

Yeah, but not everybody uses debug all the time. I didn't even know it existed for a while. Like, the egg collection? I had to enter Debug to get it and the bunny-bear. Imagine if it was as big as Vampires? Maybe it will be expanded with a future purchasable Occult? Like if it came with Fairies; you can give Plants a shot for free but to get them in full you have to buy a pack (which could be an incentive to get a less-popular pack)
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    Have no beans, can't find anyone to get the beans from. Another disappointing experience.
  • SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 2,221 Member
    edited April 2017
    Well, it was only a matter of time. Here's a mod to keep your plantsims forever and a trait that allows you to turn a regular sim into a plantsim in CAS. Also, townies will randomly get the plantsim trait, so you will have new ones walking around town:

http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=593188

And here's a mod for a better looking plantsim:

http://sims4studio.com/thread/7608/merman-simmer-studio?page=1&scrollTo=74568
    42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png