Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

PlantSims Game Pack.

DynvaDynva Posts: 2,132 Member
Based on what happened today, I realized I'd like to bring up my ideas for PlantSims since I don't feel like this patch did them justice. I'm not sure if this patch means that these are the definitive versions of PlantSims in TS4, but I thought I'd share anyway.

CAS ( appearance ) :

Since PlantSims are humanoid plants, or plants that take on a human form, I'd love to see something similar to the Sylvari in the game Guild Wars 2.
They grow their own organic clothing as extensions of their bodies, not as seperate objects. Past iterations of PlantSims have been seriously lacking in fashion, mostly only having one outfit and one hairstyle available for them. This could be greatly improved upon. Sylvari have a skin that is similar to the PlantSim skin from TS3 with leaves all over them, giving off the appearance of multiple plants slowly growing into a humanoid body. However, I'd also like to see something like a cactus skin, a plant cell skin or a bark skin. Below are examples of the Sylvari and the kinds of skin textures I had in mind.

ArmorClothingConcepts.jpg

%282%29%20Tomato%20skin%20%28800x600%29a.jpg?itok=vP_GHKCh

1961948-Cactus-Pattern-A-macro-view-of-the-skin-of-a-paw-paw-cactus-is-almost-abstract-The-texture-and-patte-Stock-Photo.jpg

Build/Buy ( architechture & living ) :

They could be able to grow their own homes. Again, I'm using GW2 art as an example.

Sylvari-01-1920x1200.jpg

This would be hard to implement based on how we build in Sims games. However, I could imagine a lot of "grown" furniture that is made out of plants. Technically, PlantSims wouldn't even need to live in a house, so something akin to a campsite made out of vegetation would probably be enough for them. Living as a part of nature so to say.

Abilities and needs :

Using abilities they had in the past like photosynthesis, poisons ( poison kiss ) and healing properties, they could have a range of different uses both for themselves and others. They could be more efficient at gardening, possibly even producing their own fruit. Helping others with their garden, growing plant furniture and clothing for themselves and others, PlantSims would be creators of life.
Other abilities might be things like tricking Sims into thinking they are a normal plant and then scaring them.
The replacement of the bladder need with water would return. PlantSims could absorb puddles, shower, swim, etc. to take care of it. Sims can currently water plants with their tears when they're sad, so why not PlantSims too ?

New location :

A deep tropical jungle or rainforest that normal Sims rarely get to see. Here would be the place where the forbidden fruit grows and other PlantSims reside. New unique harvestables could be found in the jungle that would also be used in new recipes including meals but also poisons and potions with different effects. A new carnivorous plant in style of the Cowplant and the Sixam venus fly trap could also be found here, the tiger lily. The Cowplant would also gain new functionality like Sims being able to train it and target others to fall for the cake trap.
I'd also like to see some graphical improvements to existing harvestables. Some plants resemble their real life counterpart while others do not at all.
For example, the pitaya or dragonfruit plant looks like a little shrub while in reality it's a cactus. The Sims Freeplay even has them looking correctly.
To give players the opportunity to create their own jungle, a bunch of new options for vegetation would be added and already existing one unlocked ( like the trees and shrubbery on the Windenburg island or the small palm trees and cacti in Oasis Springs )

11-dragonfruitadded.jpg
pristine-rainforest-with-many-tree-fern-and-lush-moss-and-lichen-covered-CREX7E.jpg
plitvicka-jezera-640x426.jpg
cc08a6583bb4f7c892b47983d9791837.jpg

These are my general ideas. I know PlantSims aren't the most popular life state but I feel like that's mostly due to them being severely underdeveloped. I'm super tired as of writing this, so I'm sorry if some of the stuff is unclear or doesn't make sense. Let me know if you have any other ideas !
tumblr_ooxzckCNc51wnigpko1_500.gif

Comments

• husseinandalihusseinandali Posts: 2,622 Member
    what i personally would like having is flower hairs just like this
    flower-woman-and-girl.jpg
    yondu-guardians1.jpg
    over here i post my cc
    new: https://simsworkshop.net/members/g1g2.1032/
    old: modthesims.info/m/8847624
    you may know me as g1g2

• UmbralFlowerUmbralFlower Posts: 4,494 Member
    I posted this in another thread but here's what I would want for abilities.
    1. The ability to resurrect dead plants, including cowplants.
    2. The ability to kill plants with a touch.
    3. The ability to fertilize plants without things to fertilize with.
    4. Soak up puddles.
    5. Flower kiss/Poison Kiss
    6. Spores to impregnate another sim.

I loooove the Sylvari ideas...they were my go to race in GW2. I guess it's because of how much I love Plantsims lol.
    ~*-*-*~ My SimLit: The Echoed Fragments || A Tale of Love and Fame ~*-*-*~
  • Savage_Patch_KiddSavage_Patch_Kidd Posts: 2,937 Member
    edited April 2017
    These are such awesome ideas! Also thanks for the tag, I really like this thread!

Yes to all the above! My only input is that I'd also like Plantsims to add a new spin to the already existing plants & herbs in the game. Gardening was my least favourite aspect of TS4 & proved far too stressful for my sim to maintain a full garden of all species.

Be cool if Plantsims got special powers or unlocked temporary attributes depending on what plant they consume. So like if they eat a deathflower they can either kill or revive anything they touch. Dragonfruit let's them breathe fire. Bananas give them instant monkey silliness moodlets, ect.

That & they have so much potential for awesome features with a Season release too.

PS: Team Sylvari Elementalists REPRESENT~! <3 I stopped playing GWII but I wish I had unlocked Druid for my Ranger.
    tumblr_oy1xa2eHV31uvsi7jo2_1280.gif
    edited April 2017
    I thought of another idea...If they didn't want to do a purely Plantsim GP, they could either add:

1. Fairies since it would kinda make sense to pair them together, and the build/buy theme could be similar to that fairytale store set from ts3.

2. Mermaids since both mermaids and Plantsims were, imo, underdeveloped in TS3 and felt like "lesser" occults compared to Vampires, Witches and Werewolves. I have no idea what the build/buy theme would be, But they could add two different hidden areas for each of the occults and add scuba diving as a skill. Though, I would prefer mermaids in a tropical pack.

Edit: @Savage_Patch_Kidd I was a Sylvari Chronomancer B) And obv before that I was a mesmer. Nothing more terrifying than a couple of identical tree people coming out of the shadows to shatter in your face during WvW.
  • DragonCat159DragonCat159 Posts: 1,896 Member

4. Soak up puddles.

I loooove the Sylvari ideas...they were my go to race in GW2. I guess it's because of how much I love Plantsims lol.

Maybe like an aura that affects plants based of their emotions. Like sad plantsims could cause plants to wither, while cheerful/happy plant would increase their growth rate ect?
    NNpYlHF.jpg

4. Soak up puddles.

Maybe like an aura that affects plants based of their emotions. Like sad plantsims could cause plants to wither, while cheerful/happy plant would increase their growth rate ect?

That's an awesome idea! :O I love it!
    edited April 2017
    @DreamsInPixels @Yoko2112 Ahaha I also have a Chrono!(Human tho, I like to pretend he's from LA instead of Divinity) My oldest alt too.

Oml literally a walking god/goddess of Spring.
    Oh forgot to add!

@DreamsInPixels Yes Plantsims & Fae are so close. If they were merged they would literally be Sylvari :lol:
  • simmer_whoviansimmer_whovian Posts: 275 Member
    I love all these ideas! PlantSims could potentially be incredibly awesome if enough attention is paid to them. They could make them like vampires by having them take on or develop different powers connected to different plants as they evolve or grow. For example some PlantSims could have the ability to poison others while others could heal them. Being near a PlantSim of a certain kind could affect the other Sims around in different ways because of the spores they release. Making PlantSims look different depending on which plant each PlantSim is closest associated with would also be very cool. This is an unfairly underloved life state that could be made really amazing with only a little bit of effort is all I'm saying.
  • DragonCat159DragonCat159 Posts: 1,896 Member
    edited April 2017

4. Soak up puddles.

That's an awesome idea! :O I love it!

Though it would actually rip-off the ghost's power (those who died by cowplant). So it was just an example, but perhaps forget about it and/or just add onto the power to have full control regardless of their emotions (though it might be logical to stick with the "fine" default emotion to have control over this ability.).

Also, don't know what, but PlantSims should have kind of special interaction, effect or bonus when near a cowplant :) Maybe the cowplant should appear on the relationship panel like as If a sim and the status would be "BFF" :D. Plantsims could train them to behave or commands such as not swallom sims up.
    NNpYlHF.jpg
  • SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 2,221 Member
    -Plantsims could splice other plants to their hair and then harvest themselves.
    -Becoming thirsty would start to make your plantsim turn brown and their leaves wilted
    -Plantsims can get sick too- leaf rot and bugs. They would need to take a medicated shower/bath or visit the hospital for a cure
    -Genetics: Facial features of both parents should pass down to their young.
    -Spawn fruit: Their own magic skill. A random piece of fruit will grow in the palm of their hands and they can pick it.
    -New musical instrument- Pan flute - the instrument most loved by PlantSims. While others can learn this instrument, PlantSims are the only ones that can play "Song of the Forest" and lull all other nearby sims to sleep. Also great for putting toddlers to bed.
    -Mischievous spell "Mother Nature's Fury" - Turn other sims into pseudo-plant sims with leaves sprouting on their heads. Good for 24 hrs and a few bad moodlets... and lots of thirst.
    -Plantsims should be immortal or at least very long lived. But they can die of thirst and other maladies.
    -Urn/tombstone: If put outside, it's a very ornate tree stump with an inscription. The urn would be a wooden vase with a tree carved on it.
    42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png

edited April 2017
    @SageRainWillow Reading your post made me picture an Urban Plantsim that has turned everything inside the apartment organic in order to have a sustainable life style.

Maybe even grow a pod for a bed & sunflowers that can emit sunlight indoors ect.
  • dogboy678dogboy678 Posts: 200 Member

I posted this on another thread I might make its own thread later but I'll put it here. I don't think plantsims warrant a game pack but since we just got plantsims I think they need an update whether they add them to a expansion pack game pack or whatnot. But I think they could add in a free update or free pack (similar to holiday pack). Now hear me out, I'm not one those people here who think everything should be free, I am willing to pay for things. But considering they already gave us a base for plantsims in the game already they need a bit more to be complete. I think we have our foundation for plantsims now we just need to build upon it. So in this free pack it should have:
    Ability to make plantsims in create a sim (like all other states.
    Plantsims being a permanent life state.
    If you have tree once you eat the fruit the affects will be permanent
    Plants come for all ages
    A couple new hair and outfits (sims 4 hair already looks like leaves as it is)
    Ability to reproduce with spores
    Ability to revive dead plants
    Poison kiss of death
    Different spores they can exude for different moods in others
    Ability to sleep in the ground as plant
    Ability to absorb puddles

That's about it for me. I think that could be added in a free pack maybe. Let me know what you think.
  • CandydCandyd Posts: 1,261 Member
    edited April 2017
    I just got a new idea : when inside, plantsims could sleep in large flower pots. They could look like ordinary green plants while asleep. Other sims wouldn't even recognize them and could get scared when they discover the plantsim waking up and joyfully jumping out of the flower pot :D They could also do the same thing as a prank, why not.
    If there are seasons, flower pots could allow plantsims to sleep inside without going dormant in Winter. If outside for several hours or more, the plantsim would automatically go dormant (similarly to vampire hibernation) in Winter when it's freezing. They even could see their leafy hair change color depending on the season.
    Oml :lol:

I still think there's still some hope for development. Ya never know what the future brings :relaxed: