Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

STUFF PACK: References for Concept Artists

Comments

• Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    edited April 2017
    Briana2425 wrote: »
    All I know about being Eco friendly is saving water, electric, gas, hybrid cars, and recycle, saving the trees, saving the bay and beaches, I think of hippies more country can someone please explain.

We had two styles to pick from, both with "ecology" associations -- one modern (smooth bamboo-like surfaces, etc.), and one a bit hippie/country, which if you remember the 70s (though you may well not), was very much about ecology and the environment.

I thought the 70 was Disco and 60 was Hippies I'm so confused oh well
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    edited April 2017
    All I know about being Eco friendly is saving water, electric, gas, hybrid cars, and recycle, saving the trees, saving the bay and beaches, I think of hippies more country can someone please explain.

We had two styles to pick from, both with "ecology" associations -- one modern (smooth bamboo-like surfaces, etc.), and one a bit hippie/country, which if you remember the 70s (though you may well not), was very much about ecology and the environment.

I thought the 70 was Disco and 60 was Hippies

It's not as clearcut as all that. The hippie movement started in the late 60s and continued through the 70s. Some of the people I went to university with in the 80s were raised in hippie back-to-the-land communes that whole time. Much of the style associated with hippies is more what was in the 70s than the 60s. And all those different cultures overlapped, so while my (later) friends were living in communes, my babysitter was at the disco :)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    This post is too good. It looks like my pinterest LOL

- I'm all for hipster/hippie style (like those many have posted before me) but I'd also love it if this pack included some "homey / comfy" clothes (oversized sweaters, etc.). I feel, specially for females, most clothes are way too tight, revealing and why not, they look plain unconfortable and def not like something you would wear Sunday morning at home.

Agreed. The looser items too often tend to look frumpy. :( Some nicer loose clothing for the ladies would be great.
    BelieJ92 wrote: »
    Some super long hippie-like hair for both males and females, of all ages, would go well. Possibly with an English country style kitchen furniture similar to some of the Sims 2 Seasons sets.

I used the country style kitchen and bedroom furniture all the time in Sims 2. :) I'd love to see it back.

Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • oolongteadrinker123oolongteadrinker123 Posts: 2 New Member
    Living walls please!
    Living walls made of ivy, swirls of succulents, cactus, and flowers in a myriad of colors and patterns and textures!
    They seemed like a HUGE omission in City Living, since every chic urban area I've seen has utilized living walls to spectacular effect!

They help clean the air, reduce heating and cooling costs and filter water before it reaches the ground. I know we don't have weather in the game yet, but maybe it could help reduce utility costs in the house, much like solar panels?
    And please let us have solar panels? And if so can they be on the ground and on roofs?

All the fashion and decor stuff is great, but EA, please remember eco isn't just an aesthetic and laundry, plz?

• IrishsongIrishsong Posts: 1,754 Member
    These are some images from this thread: Eco-Living a pic thread for inspiration

Would love to have more things for my handiness sims to make on the woodworking bench if its possible
    From wood that looks reclaimed, re-used, re-cycled
    xVeromv.jpg

I like the pink stool and bar set, I'd love a new bed in particular ...
    question: will the furniture and deco pieces be specifically for a laundry/utilites room like shown in your picture, or has that not yet been decided and things like beds are ok to suggest?

I would love to have a modular set like this: bookcase, sidetable, coffee table, TV stand, desk, dining table, bench.
    cOYB5ij.jpg

As for deco, I'm always desperately looking for small items I can place on the wall shelves in game. Re-used pot plants that dangle over the edge of a wall shelf would be cute
    XVvPCfd.jpg

Would love to see something for CAS for kids and toddlers
    afLaD0f.jpg

Oooo. I love!
    jzZP0sJ.png
    OK I can i just a regular looking washer but it somehow waters your plants outside to make it grow like a Pipe going out to the side of the wall and it waters the plants and a regular that cleanse the air I know it sounds weird but its the Sims so...
    a tie dyed shirt bell bottom pants/jeans denim jacket and leather jacket.
  • Evilyn_1007Evilyn_1007 Posts: 761 Member
    @luthienrising I love the open shelving with plates, bowls, and jars. The hutch is very cute. I'd like to see furniture in more muted colors; greens, blues, and creams.

Hanging herbs I fell are a must!!
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    in the game there could be a washer dryer like this but for the washer there could be an interaction do laundry but save sud water for next wash load that way the washer even if its a top load could be eco since for the main wash it would reuse the same wash water but with no lint or dirt it would be an eco top load with sud saver but if the sim house hold have only one load of laundry they could still reuse the water with suds from the wash but to wash dishes. what do you think of this idea @Briana2425 ?

2zs38kx.jpg
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • gummybear0724gummybear0724 Posts: 1,146 Member
    edited April 2017
  • TriplisTriplis Posts: 3,048 Member
    I'm thinking stuff that falls under the category of DIY clothing: http://www.stylemotivation.com/24-stylish-diy-clothing-tutorials/

But with the style done in such a way that it *looks* like re-purposed fabric, which may be easier said than done. (Depending on how you look at it, "re-purposed" fabric is like "recycled" fabric, which I think fits with eco living.)

For instance, I think the style of this one looks fairly DIY due to all the layering/wrinkles of it:

24-Stylish-DIY-Clothing-Tutorials-9.jpg

And this one as well:

24-Stylish-DIY-Clothing-Tutorials-13-274x2000.jpg
    Mods moved from MTS, now hosted at: https://triplis.github.io
  • CruelhumanbeanCruelhumanbean Posts: 86 Member
    Here are my suggestions. Can't post links since I don't qualify as an actual member yet, so I'm just breaking them as someone suggested to me in one of the newbie threads. Just remove the spaces when putting them in to your address bar. (I'd also really appreciate it if someone else wouldn't mind fixing the links for me :) ). If I get member status before this thread is closed...I'll update this w/ pictures.

I'd like a lot of Reused Items turned into furniture type stuff, like this:

h t t p s://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/48/d4/fc/48d4fc7faf25fd065d158f1acafdccb5.jpg
    h t t p://atmedia.imgix.net/04444606d4a5e70ad62fd7b3336ecaeee613203c?auto=compress&w=360.0&h=460.0&fit=max
    h t t p s://img0.etsystatic.com/000/0/6437185/il_fullxfull.279024538.jpg
    h t t p://static.boredpanda.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/creative-diy-repurposing-reusing-upcycling-2-7.jpg
    h t t p://static.boredpanda.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/creative-diy-repurposing-reusing-upcycling-2-5.jpg
    h t t p s://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/2d/ff/45/2dff45ef2867889508cf6b9296b696bf.jpg
    h t t p://cdn.designrulz.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/recycle-tire-designrulz-6.jpg
    h t t p://cdn.designrulz.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/DIY-Stuff-for-the-Garden-19.jpg
    h t t p s://twistedsifter.files.wordpress.com/2012/06/old-suitcase-into-bathroom-medicine-cabinet-mirror.jpg?w=360&h=505
    h t t p://diyandcraftsideas.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/dining-table-made-from-old-door-1.jpg

Other than that, lots of reclaimed wood stuff in general!!

Also maybe some windows and stuff to make a cute shabby little greenhouse??
    h t t p s://st.hzcdn.com/fimgs/7a81d2a5026fed09_6947-w500-h400-b0-p0--shabby-chic-style-shed.jpg
    h t t p://www.vegetablegardeninglife.com/image-files/small-greenhouses-kits.jpg

Screen windows/doors would be great as well!! I'd love my sims to have a screened in porch without CC. :) Maybe an old, shabby looking porch swing?? If it'd just be a normal chair....No qualms with a working porch swing tho lol
  • IngeJonesIngeJones Posts: 3,247 Member
    it's new age eco hippies now, not all about drugs and rock festivals any more
  • IrishsongIrishsong Posts: 1,754 Member
    I like the idea of rag clothes, like they've been repurposed.
    xGTY4GD.jpg

I like the "country look" of this but also could have different layers of lace or patterned colors. Prefer to have a level skirt, not a high low.
    uatuLjh.jpg

And with all that reuseability, you can't forget quilts! Any color, variety, design, anything, just quilts! (Preferably on beds) I feel like this idea would go very well with the pallet furniture.
    BTVwHJq.jpg
    W2TqDtv.jpg
    c0wUpTW.jpg
    wRDA36r.jpg
    MulCegB.jpg
    jzZP0sJ.png
    in the game there could be a washer dryer like this but for the washer there could be an interaction do laundry but save sud water for next wash load that way the washer even if its a top load could be eco since for the main wash it would reuse the same wash water but with no lint or dirt it would be an eco top load with sud saver but if the sim house hold have only one load of laundry they could still reuse the water with suds from the wash but to wash dishes. what do you think of this idea @Briana2425 ?

2zs38kx.jpg

That's cool
    Triplis wrote: »
    I'm thinking stuff that falls under the category of DIY clothing: http://www.stylemotivation.com/24-stylish-diy-clothing-tutorials/

But with the style done in such a way that it *looks* like re-purposed fabric, which may be easier said than done. (Depending on how you look at it, "re-purposed" fabric is like "recycled" fabric, which I think fits with eco living.)

For instance, I think the style of this one looks fairly DIY due to all the layering/wrinkles of it:

24-Stylish-DIY-Clothing-Tutorials-9.jpg

And this one as well:

24-Stylish-DIY-Clothing-Tutorials-13-274x2000.jpg

Love this idea
  • paulyccpaulycc Posts: 3 New Member
    for clothing

cdn-img.instyle.com/sites/default/files/styles/684xflex/public/styles/594xflex/public/images/2015/02/022515-70s-runway-lead_0.jpg?itok=O7zUXJNV

www.thetrendspotter.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/70S-SS-2015-Trend-2.jpg

s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/ae/97/a3/ae97a33c95db30da1924fe5a30b98d1a.jpg

www.rainshineluv.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/2016-4-13_Rana-192-683x1024.jpg

edanafashion.files.wordpress.com/2014/07/70s-fasion-pic-1.jpg

cdn-img.xojane.com/sites/default/files/styles/article_inline/public/MTM3NjQ2MDU5NDc5Mzc3MTM4.jpg?itok=DSXRlmIr

cdn-img.instyle.com/sites/default/files/styles/684xflex/public/1443453528/092815-kendall-jenner-lead.jpg?itok=RcayRpPR

for hair

s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/72/79/ff/7279ff11e710324d6636bf15e43773f1.jpg

cdn4.askhairstyles.com/wb-content/uploads/2016/08/Elegant-Hairdo-for-70%E2%80%99s-Hairstyles-from-70s-and-80s.jpg

lh4.ggpht.com/_2-K6irEBFgI/TQlPZw67MAI/AAAAAAAAAMU/6zyLJBaaID0/azul-venacava.jpg

s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/28/d3/19/28d3197a18d1da055887005932219272.jpg

for shoes

s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/03/98/4d/03984d017df847a35394ac037e254a4d.jpg

bitebeauty.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/70s-platforms-625x301.jpg

It would be really cool if the theme of this SP is 70s ^-^

• FabianaBehleFabianaBehle Posts: 2 New Member
    I would like to have bohemian clothing and some long curly hairs and Accessoires like from hippies with flowers for ALL ages not only YA.
    And objects im even free and think the kitchen here in the comments is really cool and i like it to have in my sim home
  • teajayloveteajaylove Posts: 175 Member
    Someone suggested this and I don't know how to reply to them ( I have been creeping on the forum for a while, but just posted for the first time a bit ago) but.. I would Love pallet furniture!!
  • ButtercupBlueButtercupBlue Posts: 24 Member
    I would like some half up half down hairstyles. For example have the top half in a bun and the bottom half down, also would like some longer messy curl hairs.
  • GoldenBuffyGoldenBuffy Posts: 4,025 Member
    I would love to see more African American hair styles. There just isn't enough. And more than just short or Afros. I have long hair, and would like to see that too! :D

hair6_zpsam9rz0dd.jpg

hair4_zps95poopkb.jpg

hair3_zpssfka8ddc.jpg

hair1_zpszt2g272h.jpg

hair10_zpsk5fr1cp9.jpg

hair11_zpsyp3cigvq.jpg

hair8_zpsl7gomxg8.jpg

And accessories!

Belts

belt_zpskqfktovh.jpg

belt2_zpsiktf8zsw.jpg

belt3_zpspckamtrf.jpg

Stuff for Hair

hairaccessory2_zpsgpjzuvql.jpg

hairaccessory4_zpsg1bvs6u6.jpg

hairaccessory_zpskflmvpjn.jpg

hairaccessory3_zpshefnsfaa.jpg

hairaccessory5_zpsswdtifg1.jpg

hairaccessory6_zpsgcduju8b.jpg
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• GoldenBuffyGoldenBuffy Posts: 4,025 Member
    IngeJones wrote: »
    @IngeJones in my case if laundry is in the vote i will vote for laundry i will vote for content i know i will use for my sims homes i prefer more modern conviniances like washers and dryers that can be eco ect no one plays the game the same after all.

A dryer cannot be eco friendly. However if enough people ask for an electric dryer rather than a clothesline then that is what we'll have :)

It may not be "eco" friendly, but if it's energy efficient, then that's enough in my book. In RL both my washer and dryer are. And honestly, I wouldn't want the whole pack to be devoted only to "tree huggers". It should be all inclusive. Everyone has their own ideas what what is eco friendly.
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• Aquifer808Aquifer808 Posts: 4 New Member
    There are two objects that immediately pop to mind.

1. A waist high bookshelf that is in a more traditional style.
    2. Hanging lights with mason jar glass holding the bulbs.
  • SimfuncrunchSimfuncrunch Posts: 513 Member
    edited April 2017
    I would like to see full-length overalls for all ages and genders. You had them in Sims 2 and 3:

16214789283_5038990817_b.jpg

16610163709_755957c5e4_c.jpg

Hemp is very eco-friendly, so hemp garments and accessories would be great. Think shirts, pants, dresses, jackets, shoes, hats, bedspreads, sofa covers, etc.

More curly hair for all ages and genders. I would love to see this toddler curly hairstyle for all ages:

dVJqeCH.png

Post edited by Simfuncrunch on
  • mscosmomscosmo Posts: 118 Member
    In the game now we have a homey couch in dark green, red and beige and a chair that almost matches in lime green a different red and a lighter beige. Recolor those items to match and give us more softer muted colors, textures and patterns.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top