Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

STUFF PACK: References for Concept Artists

Comments

• friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,545 Member
    Flog60 wrote: »
    In terms of clothing, I'd like to see 'brief' style underwear for men - very few options at the moment for men's underwear!

i agree same for male sims kids and teens sims
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Louise_G0325Louise_G0325 Posts: 1,040 Member
    edited April 2017
    hutch:
    gallery-1488032509-clx1005baird0010.jpg

mirrored armoire:
    gallery-1488033229-clx030116wellsalway-02.jpg

Open shelving full of jars, and an island, but obvs. would have to be a single-tile version:
    gallery-1454447088-gettyimages-507833331.jpg
    the hutch in that is also charming

Cabinets and farmhouse sink:
    gallery-1488034051-clx0106lanesmith011.jpg
    102106730.jpg.rendition.largest.jpg
    102112121.jpg.rendition.largest.jpg
    b832510ecdded5df390e2af6d6e7e578.jpg

Washboard decor:
    54eb6df3ef858_-_history-books-laundry-room-0911-s2.jpg

Wallpaper:
    54eb322b034ac_-_rose-decor-laundry-room-0710-de.jpg

rag rug:
    54eb59b2b2a38_-_clx-mudroom-displays-of-affection-0312-xln.jpg

bench that's basket/cubby storage:
    41c0b141526c7f577e9fef0d1f487db4.jpg

plants:
    Country-style-artificial-succulents-green-plants-ceramic-campanula-craft-wall-decor-vintage-home-decor-valentine-s.jpg_640x640.jpg
    97b29de0cf847269fd1f63bfb872bdc8.jpg

Yeah, I'm sold if the pack has half of the stuff in this comment :love: Beautifuuuuul ah!

I especially love this one
    102112121.jpg.rendition.largest.jpg
    I would buy the pack only for this set :lol: It would also be great to have a counter sink that goes over or the counter, like this one. Or even a sink that is placed on top of a counter, instead of being sinked (lol) into the counter.
  • mooredt21mooredt21 Posts: 1,105 Member

I am not liking a lot of the clothing and "stuff" options so far but I am all for a tire swing being introduced - or the inclusion of some type of tire object.

008.jpg

2.jpg?i10c=img.resize(height:160)

5817201016_f133ca696b_b.jpg
    <----LOQUACIOUS LURKER HERE

***Please bring back Sims 2 style storytelling features and make them publishable.***
  • SimsILikeSimsSimsILikeSims Posts: 1,634 Member
    I am sorry, but this idea for a new stuff pack is just plain boring and a complete waste of time, money and effort. Why do you not give use some new interactive careers, hobbies and activities for our sims to do. Ok the bowling stuff and vampires or ok, but they are from TS3, what we need is new, bright and refreshing idea's. Not all this echo plum, in fact if you want most of this stuff you find on the net just about anywhere, so why waste, time, money and effort on this stuff.

From what I have seen so far from the development of this game, it would appear that the development time are trying to reinvent The Sims and that they have no imagination and can not come up with anything new, that would be worth the money, after all vampires, can not be doing to good if EA, are offering it at a 25% discount. So come on get your heads out of the clouds and start using your imagination and stop trying to reinvent the game.

But if you want to bring back stuff from the previous games, then why do you not bring back some of the interactive careers we had in TS3,, I.e. the P.i, Interior decorator, the self employed inventor, I used to love going to the junkyard and rummaging through the junk piles and then blowing them up with cherry bombs, as well as my other favorites the Ghost hunter and the Firefighter, also you could have community lots like a garage/vehicle workshop, or even something on the lines of the arts and craft centre that we had in TS3, so we can do things like glass blowing, jewelry making, pottery making and what about more sporting activities, like rock climbing, archery ranges and hobbies/activities like pool/snooker/billiards tables or even a ping pong ball table, also you could bring back some of the career rewards from TS2, like the pharmaceutical machine, the lie detector, as well as some of the career objects from TS3, like the university objects, the science station, the brain machine, the list is endless all you need is a bit of imagination.

You could also develop the Alien, side of the game more, I.e, gives use the ability to design, build and live on lots on the Alien home world. Where Sims could take their erith careers, like the Doctor, Scientist and Detective and use them on the Alien world, again just use your imagination.

I love the idea of a jewelry making or pottery making or glass blowing station. Jewelry making or pottery making might go well with the theme of this stuff pack. It could be patterned after the woodworking machine. The jewelry making station would unlock CAS jewelry. The pottery making station could create all kinds of decorative sculptures, dishes, vases, etc. A modder (pbox) had this idea with the lump of clay, but that mod broke in a patch some time ago, and hasn't been repaired.

I miss the Junkyard from TS3 too, but that was in a whole EP, as were additional careers.

I would also love to see additional community lots, new rooms, and new residential lots with this stuff pack.
    I have been playing The Sims since 2001, when Livin Large came out. My avatar deliberately looks like Chris Roomies from TS1.
    edited April 2017

I don't really find machines to be economical but I was thinking more along the lines of a clothesline, washboard and functional drawing well.

3413605413_6c610af463_z.jpg

1200px-Glass_washboard.jpg

EC_Drawing_Well.JPG

***Please bring back Sims 2 style storytelling features and make them publishable.***

Also, how about a functional bird-feeder? And maybe an option to bird-watch? Or a metal detector? There could even be a swimming hole or a fossil park?

7536N_zoom.jpg

startingmetaldetecting.gif

1wostravelandliesure.jpg

Fossil park

0f66a2fe474d6da7bedc7b18b6698192.jpg

Coin souvenir machine

DCLBlog_SGS_0480_DCL-Port-Canaveral-Penny-Press-Dream-Class-Instructions.jpg

• AmyCarolynAmyCarolyn Posts: 303 Member
    28inguo.jpg

This wooden watch! YASSS PLEASE!!

I also love the idea of rag rugs that people keep mentioning. Those would be great!
  • LosaruTaiyoLosaruTaiyo Posts: 10,807 Member
    @mooredt21 There is a birdfeeder in Backyard stuff (The birds will attack you if they're hungry...LOL) :) Although agreed, it doesn't look like a birdhouse style. This is for mimics though for the upcoming "Eco-living" pack so functional items will come at a later time.
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

I have no memory of this place. Time to start anew I guess
  • rochelimitrochelimit Posts: 777 Member
    knazzer wrote: »
    More messy hair and stubble for males please :) Plus clutter and dirty decals for floors and walls is always a bonus

I voted for curly messy hair!

Also, there could be a loom or weaving machine that works with natural fabrics and/or something that can dye them or stitch them together. Worldly fabrics would be nice rather than what is easily found in the USA.

textile-industry.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

ewe243d1.jpg

• MsSparrow00MsSparrow00 Posts: 2 New Member
    I would love to have an eco style laundry set in game like this!
    edited April 2017

And hair; Sims can perhaps even learn how to do their own hair as a class or a skill and get their hair braided or colored with henna and do other things using their environment. Weaving and braiding skills can even correspond with one another and knowing one can make learning the other one easier.

African-Braid-for-Long-Hair.jpg?w=500

african-hairstyle-followmego.jpg?w=720

latest-african-braids-ghana-weaving-on-followmego-99.jpg?w=640

@mooredt21 There is a birdfeeder in Backyard stuff (The birds will attack you if they're hungry...LOL) :) Although agreed, it doesn't look like a birdhouse style. This is for mimics though for the upcoming "Eco-living" pack so functional items will come at a later time.

Thanks @LosaruTaiyo . I didn't realize it. I have the packs (except Vampires), but I haven't seen it in there - maybe because I have too much stuff? Is Eco-living a "stuff" pack or a "game" pack? Or a hybrid?

Clothing

cc710fd6d2eec0cf25f4b9de2f5218d3.jpg

traditional-dashiki-print-kaftan-2.jpg

e688cf5588ba561a853c3cc38bb9cf90.jpg

More clothing

custom-dress-prom-queen-kyemah-mcentyre-8.jpg

F-1-247x300.jpg

traditional-dashiki2.jpg

• BelieJ92BelieJ92 Posts: 5 New Member

Some super long hippie-like hair for both males and females, of all ages, would go well. Possibly with an English country style kitchen furniture similar to some of the Sims 2 Seasons sets.
  • mscosmomscosmo Posts: 118 Member
    I don't have pictures, but I would love to see a round or hexagon coffee table for the living room. Also a round or hexagon dinning room table that seats six. Somethin in a wood tone/white with a pedestal base. Breadboard style kitchen cabinets, with a large kitchen sink.

• Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited April 2017
    Shelves with Mason jars of preserves and such.

Pantries.

Root cellar.

Wooden toys maybe made on the wood craft bench.

Rag dolls.

kids and toddlers play house, sand box.

Green house herb garden windows.

Reading natural light window seats.

Roof sky lights.

KIds beds with trundle toddler bed.

Hammocks.

Bamboo or rattan Egg chair on chain and egg love seats too.

plants to grow in flower pots for inside the house like in a greenhouse window.

Kids and toddler gardening set and toddler fishing set.

Gunne Sack kids and toddler maxi dresses and pinafores.

Patch work quilts for beds, wall hangings etc.

Longer hair for toddlers and kids seeing eco living there are not a lot of trips to the barber and beauty shops. LOL. Long pig tails and braids too.

Sun energy Food Dehydrator.

Corn stalks and pumpkin for the garden.

Home schooling. Kid size Easels. Kids/tots size tea set and table with chairs and yard furniture.

Here is a good source of what is considered GREEN and what is not -

http://www.treehugger.com/htgg/how-to-go-green-furniture.html
    Post edited by Writin_Reg on

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    Excuse me I thought this stuff pack was Eco friendly now I guess I'm a little confused what does this country stuff have to do with being Eco friendly?
  • Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    All I know about being Eco friendly is saving water, electric, gas, hybrid cars, and recycle, saving the trees, saving the bay and beaches, I think of hippies more country can someone please explain.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    edited April 2017
    Briana2425 wrote: »
    All I know about being Eco friendly is saving water, electric, gas, hybrid cars, and recycle, saving the trees, saving the bay and beaches, I think of hippies more country can someone please explain.

We had two styles to pick from, both with "ecology" associations -- one modern (smooth bamboo-like surfaces, etc.), and one a bit hippie/country, which if you remember the 70s (though you may well not), was very much about ecology and the environment. Check out stuff like the Whole Earth Catalog, Greenpeace, etc.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • PixelsimmerPixelsimmer Posts: 2,351 Member
    edited April 2017
    This post is too good. It looks like my pinterest LOL

Anyway my suggestions:

CAS

- I'm all for hipster/hippie style (like those many have posted before me) but I'd also love it if this pack included some "homey / comfy" clothes (oversized sweaters, etc.). I feel, specially for females, most clothes are way too tight, revealing and why not, they look plain unconfortable and def not like something you would wear Sunday morning at home.

c4890607b781b3bcf34880c7a35f0a91.jpg
    07b8167840b4a084e4457a51868233f0.jpg
    -font-b-Women-b-font-Rollded-Sleeve-Blouse-Casual-V-Neck-Long-Sleeve-Solid-OL.jpg
    c3e2133148dafe3c4ad12e1168d5fac0.jpg
    b204d964ae24bfbbcb3637dbccd1608c.jpg
    2baba69171bbca9e0eeed9ad22c084c9.jpg
    65f76887b04ddade9c5d6a93f0740bd6.jpg

(How could would it be to get those leg warmers/socks that can be used instead of slippers)

Buy/Build mode

- I'd like a country chic style and lots of clutter.

These tiles + kitchen towels
    romantic-country-shabby-chic-home-24-622x933.jpg

These roof beams:

Boho-Chic-Decor-Home-Decor-waplag.jpg

Ruffle curtains everytwhere:

Magnificent-ruffle-curtains-in-Home-Office-Shabby-chic-with-Pictures-Of-French-Country-Decorating-next-to-Music-Room-alongside-Hide-Storage-With-Curtains-andHow-To-Divide-Studio-Apartment-.jpg

Plain sofa that doesn't look so modern:

37-Enchanted-Shabby-Chic-Living-Room-Designs-Country-Chic-Home-Designs.jpg

Wood counter + sink + curtain + island

5153918_original.jpg

Metal bed frame:

1ad1ffdeada80b96dbf36e613c2abc15.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Return to top