Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

STUFF PACK: References for Concept Artists

Comments

• PugtatoPugtato Posts: 3 New Member
    Could we please have....
    * spiral staircases and ladders
    * Timber and stone topped counters
    * large windows
    * greenhouses
    * L shaped couches
    * more arched windows/doors/doorways
    Could you please include the green door in the design proposal? I really like it.
  • nolurknolurk Posts: 249 Member
    Pugtato wrote: »
    Could we please have....
    * spiral staircases and ladders
    * Timber and stone topped counters
    * large windows
    * greenhouses
    * L shaped couches
    * more arched windows/doors/doorways
    Could you please include the green door in the design proposal? I really like it.

At this point, though, I don't see spiral staircases or even ladders or l-shaped sofas in the picture--at least, not from what was said in the beginning of this thread, as I think they would fall into the category of new objects (especially in the case of spiral staircases and ladders--at least, if they're anything like the ladders we got in TS3--which would require new animations)?

I do agree that they would be cool to have, but if there's a thread for suggestions for new objects in the future, maybe it might apply to that instead? Or maybe they might be included into a future pack?
  • SimprovedSimproved Posts: 12 New Member
    I've browsed sporadically over this thread and I love every item that gets suggested. But somehow one thing that I think is crucial for the pack is a solar panel and maybe a water filter. It doesn't matter if we chose the country style or the modern style. To really call it an ECO LIVING Pack there must be something that has to do with ecological self sustaining life. Otherwise it is just going to be a hippie, or country deco pack.

So in short:
    -solar panel
    -water filtration system

• lisi_jalisi_ja Posts: 542 Member
    MelindaDee wrote: »
    • Solar panels (they could be clutter OR they could reduce your power bill!)
    • A clothesline that could be clutter.
    • A working composter that is a mimic of the trash can that gives you money. It would be so dope if it gave you fertilizer for your plants.

*squeal*
    Simproved wrote: »

So in short:
    -solar panel
    -water filtration system

I love the idea of a working composter with the fertilizer option for the plants. I can imagine the gameplay options it would bring. Like mouses coming out from it (like in City Living) and the kids could bake cakes or play a prank with it.

The solar panel and water filtration system would be great additions to ecofriendly and energy-efficient homes. Sims could also produce and sell energy with it.

I would also love glass fences without frames in wall height (so one could build "rounded walls")
  • FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    edited April 2017
    This no-water toilet
    latest?cb=20110505230549

Outhouse for an ecological life in the garden
    latest?cb=20120815202800
    a256aFi.gif
  • kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member
    edited April 2017
    I'm a bit worried that everyone's suggesting boho-styled CAS parts... which we already got in Movie Hangout.

The thing is, though, the boho stuff in Movie Hangout is ugly as sin and hard to use with other CAS parts, while everything in this thread actually looks good. It's exactly the sort of things you see being worn in gentrified hipster-y parts of town, and at summer music festivals.

So, I want the stuff that's getting suggested, but I'm worried that Maxis won't touch it since it's already been done.

Although... Maxis calls Movie Hangout "boho chic", while this is more "casual boho". Hopefully the SimGurus will see the difference.
    wJbomAo.png
  • FearlessModeYESFearlessModeYES Posts: 1 New Member
    Hmm... well I think we should have a few more gardening things and outdoor things. Like others have said, a greenhouse could be cool in different sizes.
    We could get more decorations like plants and things: ivy, more flowers, and we could even get vines.

pexels-photo.jpg

I think that maybe you could get a range of wooden and more rural items available in Build Mode rather than making them like wooden toys, showers or even sofas!

1d37ac1537876441b13b8bff7d8ab8e0.jpg

wooden-shower-unit-3-840x525.jpg

Wooden-Furniture-by-Hugo-Franca-image1.jpg

There are phone cases in the game, so maybe we could get flowery ones and ones with simlish phrases on them and even one with the pink freezer bunny and so forth.

mt3oWZIWqVfIZZtyMg1ptng.jpg

freezer-bunny-uuc-cases.jpg

mwo,420x420,samsung_galaxy_s7_snap-pad,420x460,f8f8f8.u2.jpg

We could get new wallpapers (if you are including them) that could have more nature-inspired patterns like flowers and grassy borders.

Perhaps we could get different sorts of plates so instead of the plain white ones we could serve our foods on wooden slabs or in boots!

trend-spotting-wood-slabs-2.png

yummy-food-on-a-wood.jpg

As for CAS items, I would like to see some more braided and messy hairs! I think that we could have ombre hairs too.

f9be02d02b7caca07aca74bfb8cc23a3.jpg

d4a0da850b096d3b993aa4ed6bca2477.jpg

565cceaec48053eca43773cb7e83388f.jpg

60ee131212654740fa25d5167a4717cc.jpg

And a few rompers would be cool too!

1792662_295482.jpg

black-multi-rayla-floral-print-romper.jpg

And finally, I would like some flower crowns (for both genders), flower necklaces; earrings and some earth earrings!

6f268b79749c06cd4e7b6e97713d0b87.jpg

img-thing?.out=jpg&size=l&tid=50096459

16-01-01.jpg

arghh I want to suggest so many features! :s
  • AflutterAflutter Posts: 139 Member
    I'd like to echo what I've seen some people mention already - Sunflowers. Some of my favorite decorative objects in the base game are the sunflowers in the pot and the actual sunflower plant for outside gardens. I'd like to see additional sunflower decor. Either as wall art or painted onto end tables/coffee tables/other surfaces. Sunflowers are so cheerful and make me think about summer, which is the feel I get from a lot of the suggestions.
  • Liv7418Liv7418 Posts: 4 New Member

I think it would be really cool if the pack had a boho beachy vibe maybe some wooden furniture like wooden bed frames and dining tables with Scandinavian chairs. I would really like there to be some new couches and beds as I find there is only a small collection of them , bar/kitchen chairs with bright pastel coloured tops and wooden legs. Also the bed bases and quilts are very drab which is why I wish that you could choose a bed base and a quilt/cover and mix match them, I feel like this would give us as players more of a choice when decorating homes. For the clutter items, cactus's in pots, wooden shelves with crawling vines like in get together but smaller, woven sack pillows or brightly coloured pillows with mandala on them for couches, beds and chairs, wool throws which can go on those objects as well, wooden storage baskets. I've heard that lots of players are saying that they would really like some more downgraded objects which I think would be really cool since most of the objects that we have are quite..... not so wrecked Summing it up it would be good to include a boho, rustic beachy aspect to this game and I would really like some modern wood objects. Thank you so much for letting us have a say in this new pack I know that everyone really appreciates it, can't wait to see whats coming soon.
    https://au.pinterest.com/pin/170785010849960079/
    https://au.pinterest.com/pin/283445370276672842/
    https://au.pinterest.com/pin/ATrm40T0tyz3rHhgSAolID3yk7uWG7pR3KI4zhiWN2HHhynfXQHYNcc/
    https://au.pinterest.com/pin/462885667931053008/
    https://au.pinterest.com/pin/AaTOXey1gfx8A5auC-SZQMBkngpx6hp0NTI6Umxzj4Ic6KzImtoZ1Eo/
    https://au.pinterest.com/pin/306244843397213496/
    https://au.pinterest.com/pin/703756173210439
  • ArmoMooseArmoMoose Posts: 1 New Member
    Cas:
    Off the shoulder tops
    Bandanas
    Hairbands
    Overolls
    Messy hair
    Stubbles for men

OBJ:
    More curtains
    https://static1.squarespace.com/static/5169b4a1e4b0f1cbdeee3c71/t/56abae6f57eb8d30d20539fb/1454092149237/cotton_6563_SQ.jpg
    Rustic wooden furniture
    Family photos

General:
    Flower paterns
    Hippie style
  • Liv7418Liv7418 Posts: 4 New Member

For CAS could we have flower crowns for babies, toddlers, preteens, teens, young adults and adults. Also maybe some beach dresses and rompers for females and some stubble for men
  • KlthfKlthf Posts: 230 Member
    I don't know if this counts as a gameplay object, but it just hit me that Sims don't have sockets and light switches. I would love to see these as decoration. The light switches should actually work. So your Sim can put the lights in the room on or off. This would fit with eco living, i.e. saving energy.
  • Erica87Erica87 Posts: 743 Member
    Gonna repost my picture from the inspiration thread because I think it matches the theme quite well. Apart from that I too would like to see flower crowns.

Inspiration01.png
    CURRENTLY PLAYING: Forum mafias & Minecraft, mainly.
    Taking a break from the sims for a while!
  • SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    Can we got more colours and patterns for carpets please.
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    Perhaps we could get different sorts of plates so instead of the plain white ones we could serve our foods on wooden slabs or in boots!

trend-spotting-wood-slabs-2.png
    Yes!
    Dinner is served, on a slice of tree.
    5c606ab3da264eaed9d7a3753bdb1195.jpg

Or a bucket of chips
    Bucket+of+Chips.jpg

And drink dispensers for parties, so your guests don't spend so much time in the bathroom getting glases of water
    154600abc4037195aaea488ae547cd69.jpg

Simpkin wrote: »
    Can we got more colours and patterns for carpets please.
    Yes!
    There was a nice one in TS3, jute texture I think, would work well for eco themes

jute-carpet-slide-434x510.jpg
    image.axd?picture=sisal-rugs-pb.jpg
    557.jpg

AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
    kwanzaabot wrote: »

Well... yeah. Hippie stuff, summer music festival stuff, rural stuff all fits the theme established with Style B.

Your ideas are just goth/emo stuff. You're welcome to like it, but it's clearly not the direction this stuff pack is going in.

I like what I like.
  • TinytsimmerTinytsimmer Posts: 2 New Member
    Can we please see a washer and dryer, functional of course, that's all I ask
  • JCsS1MSJCsS1MS Posts: 1,148 Member
    Gorgeous CC Hair that I would love to have in-game!
    33oqir5.jpg

http://ivo-sims.blogspot.ca/2016/10/kira-hair.html
  • HarryHamburgerHarryHamburger Posts: 3 New Member
    it would be cool if you could add a swinging egg chair
    Swinging-Egg-Outdoor-Wicker-Chair-Hammock-Patio.jpg_350x350.jpg

and also i like the look of this coffee table
    Living-Table-by-Habitat-Horticulture_2.jpg

this chair looks really cool
    Environment-Friendly-Furnitures-35.jpg

lights like this
    Plain-wire-Ball_large.jpg?v=1435645431

• HarryHamburgerHarryHamburger Posts: 3 New Member
    For fashion can you add more overalls

and a flannel shirt around the waist but as an accessory so we can choose what goes under it
    9b732025bb5aff62707db30cd3db9858.jpg
    the-baseball-shirt-3.jpg

• K9DBK9DB Posts: 10 New Member
    Maybe some under-stairs shelving, cupboards, bookshelves and/or toilet room?
    I'm always trying to find a way to use that space in my smaller homes, but it's hard to close it off properly and make it look good and give privacy.
    @Movotti yes, those carpets look nice. Just something that doesn't look like plain paint. Whatever, texture or pattern, just something. And more colour choices.
  • geminiagregeminiagre Posts: 6,918 Member
    MeaganJo wrote: »

Solar panels are great for being an Eco Sim and so are windmills.
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT33FOIJBvBzbwzmVZhMb3gxzWDbqnNbQEqxUsUQVgqmsWhXK5N
    3dbc634df3baa5316c09eebf525371f8.jpg

Being an Eco Sim may also mean upcycling items to make furniture or decorations. Who thinks of using old books to make an awesome chair and hello pallets can make so many things!
    pallet-furniture-ideas-easy-diy-upcycled-decorated-lounge-colorful-cushion.jpg

8be913479a1e6ef332dfe29cae35401b.jpg

95c06cd1042034ce35e4509302e3f66b.jpg

I mean come on look at this upcycled sink, it's freaking awesome!
    big-tub-sink.jpg

Just an awesome idea for a tub and kinda liked the different idea for the painted wood flooring.
    2312bfdcd31dee49632e34a59703e875.jpg

Gotta have rain barrels or just barrels period.
    rain-barrel-1.jpg

Macrame! An Eco Sim would like macrama for hanging plants, wall decorations, door hangings and curtains. Maybe they want to hang their fruit in a macrame basket or sit in a hanging macrame chair or lay in a macrame hammock.
    Macrame-Eye-Candy-designrulz-9.jpg

7487694260f20a76ef1ed856e55f70b0.jpg

38384299d6f990c7de6cdc5bacd08c62.jpg

e28686bdc669b47ea6d7621e6aa1e34b.jpg

b776b3174bd1a94c542b66c148d0d498.jpg
    Different types of hammocks can be made with a couch, loveseat or single bed mesh, a macrame one would be awesome or canvas with plain colors.
    $_32.JPG

Indoor herbs, they can be just decoration but they sure would be nice to have on shelves in the kitchen or hanging on the wall in mason jars or some kind of cool upcycled pallet wall garden or even a bottle wall garden.
    1.jpg

a15.jpg

So I mentioned a cave wall or some kind of hanging wall decoration to make a fake mountain so we don't have to use so many rocks... Just an idea that I know a lot of Simmers would like to have.
    5A7_CaveWallTemplate1_cis.jpg

Did someone say rock border for their flower beds? Who was that, raise their hand please? Oh me shoot but I know I'm not the only one out there that would love to have this besides their eco friendly Sims.
    fbd9204fd9525f885585e6881e14d493.jpg

I know my Eco friendly sims would like new terrain paints that reuse things like wood disks and river rocks making designs.
    16f83e41a9d753418040ee0eefb405a1.jpg

wood-patio-deck-design-idea.jpg

Glass clutter, can clutter clutter clutter that is being upcycled in some way and hopefully it can all fit on shelves.
    recycled-glass-bottle-vases-m.jpg

And the wall surrounding this window is Awesome, we could use upcycled bottles for something like this.
    7b342f53462aab05c350a8b916a56ee1.jpg

Natural wood cabinetry, something without shine as I don't see my Eco Sims using toxic shiny stuff on their cabinets.
    a141513c0ed437bd_1364-w500-h400-b0-p0--contemporary-kitchen.jpg

Cabinets with glass and more natural wood all the cabinets and counters need all matching colors so we can mix and match them also please.
    7462b27aaf7c5a2e66cf94f9f3160032.jpg

Natural soapstone counter tops and concrete counter tops should also be added to all counters to mix and match please.
    Soapstone-Counters.jpg

Free standing showers heads with floor drain without glass or tile so we can't build our own surrounds please.
    Outdoor-Shower-Company-ps-900-pcv.jpg

Wicker, grass and more wicker and grass and not just grandma's wicker but we could use some of that also...
    wicker_furniture-42805.jpg

manutti-orlando-sunbed.jpg

931cd11470a44924e00056ab8f6148d3--city-furniture-wicker-furniture.jpg

5d33caa75ce8db8120e417638ffceaae.jpg

Wicker-furniture-for-added-style.jpg

PAPASAN CHAIRS!!! OMG YES! YES! AND SO MUCH MORE YES!
    hqdefault.jpg

This industrial table can go along with upcycled furnishings.
    Industrial-Coffee-Table-Cart-Hyatt-industrial-coffee-table-diy.jpg

I love everything about this bedroom from the walls, bed, room separator, chair, lamps, side table, clutter, yep everything.
    Industrial-Style-Bedroom-Furniture-Vintage-industrial-furniture-designs-revive-bedroom-spaces-1024x602.jpg

Boho goodies speak to me of being Eco also, these rooms and all their clutter, furnishings and style I love also. It can also be a form of upcycling...
    d721f4a5ec9a64eb3514ab4c02853dc0.jpg

58954c65c4f995e56df72f9b33d8e83b.jpg

Bedrooms-Letter-board-and-Bohemian-decor-1.jpg

OMG I Want these NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!
    did we ever even have hammocks in the series? Can't remember. Would be great though to have them.
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    Simpkin wrote: »
    did we ever even have hammocks in the series? Can't remember. Would be great though to have them.

In ts2 I think.
    Sims could woohoo in them.
    And sims could fall out of them.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top