Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What would you do OR never do in real life as compared with your sim?

tintinfootintinfoo Posts: 84 Member

Sims i created can have quite a complete opposite personality from my real life. I really like Sims because they can do anything, and can be good at everything i asked them too. Never an athletic person, bad at sports, but Bam! my sim has High Kung fu and max out athletic skill.

Ever wondered what you would do/or not do in real life as compared with your sim?

How has The Sims game changed your life??

Comments

• Options
    AdelineRobbinsAdelineRobbins Posts: 140 Member
    I play each one like their own character in a story, so there's a lot they do that I wouldn't. Biggest would be having kids since I always play legacy style and I have no interest in real children. Now that I think about it, the things I do a lot, they don't very much. Not many writers, little video games unless it's the computer when I prefer consoles and handhelds if it's not Sims. If it's fun they need, I tend to send them to anything but the console I always put in their living rooms. I very much live through my Sims. I've always been content writing out adventures from the comfort of my own room and Sims easily lets me make little stories.

I'd love to learn art as quickly as they do. Never been able to push myself to get back into it.
    "Fool," said my muse to me. "Look in thy heart and write."
    Kq8qeWk.png
    Wordpress
    Origin ID: Hoshicake
  • Options
    rachelt405rachelt405 Posts: 1,533 Member
    At home I like my house to be clean and tidy so I'm always pitter pottering around and every sim that I have played up to yet have the neat trait, I keep saying I'm going to create a lazy slob of a sim to play just to see how funny it would be, i have not done it yet but i will one day i will :)
    Be kind to animals please help stop all cruelty to them

• Options
    CruelhumanbeanCruelhumanbean Posts: 86 Member
    Well uh. I probably wouldn't lose my ability to take a shower if the toilet was too close to the tub. :-)

Lol tho in all seriousness, I play out stories a lot so my sims do a TON of things I wouldn't do...But something that happens every game? Sims catching bugs and frogs and such. I'm super squeamish so there's no way I could do that. :S

As for something I WOULD do and even HAVE done? When one of my gamer sims unlocked R.E.F.U.G.E (which is supposed to be like, sims dragon age) I had them play it for 24 hours with only the occasional bathroom and food break. When I first played DA:O I ended up doing the same thing.
  • Options
    TheDismalSimmerTheDismalSimmer Posts: 656 Member
    Oh sure when my sim launches a large space worthy rocket in their backyard it's all science-y and fun

But when I do it, I am suspected of "committing acts of terror"
    dgvibNQ.png
  • Options
    Sorak4Sorak4 Posts: 3,935 Member
    Hmmmm, unlike my self sims I certainly wont end up with a successful career and have more negative traits unlike my digital version.

Besides why is it I can't drive through over cars but they can?
    L9q8VGi.png
  • Options
    joseandchocolatejoseandchocolate Posts: 321 Member
    i don't think anyone would ever want to woohoo in a bush....
    8d90c06c58195513b2df4fb82cf0ebb5.png
    Check out my YouTube Channel http://bit.ly/2ssq3Gk
    Follow me on Twitter http://bit.ly/2sYEob0
  • Options
    simellesimelle Posts: 149 Member
    I would never lock my neighbour in my house..
    “Fear doesn't shut you down; it wakes you up”
    tenor.gif
    Check out my youtube channel!
  • Options
    ratsrbestratsrbest Posts: 579 Member
    I'd never go fishing in real life but I find it so relaxing when my Sim does it. It's one of my favourite pastimes.
    Don't feed the trolls
  • Options
    AvaSims4080AvaSims4080 Posts: 810 Member
    I would never start fires on purpose.
  • Options
    KendranaKendrana Posts: 4,072 Member
    edited May 2017
    Even if it wasn't against that law, I would never bury anyone in my backyard like the Goth or Specter households do in TS2. That would be extremely creepy. :/
  • Options
    dominimpdominimp Posts: 162 Member
    >:)

Would do: Go out in the town, Play video games, Live in a house that I made for my sims, Receive with open arm all the money my sims' make, Ride in a space ship, Hire a maid, work

Would not do: Live in a cursed house, Flirt, Woohoo anywhere that isn't the bedroom, Sleep or use the bathroom if there is a large open window with no curtains or blinds or any coverings

>:)
  • Options
    mintycupcakemintycupcake Posts: 13,212 Member
    I would never ask someone to have a baby with me the first day I met them. I'd wait til the second date at least :D
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
  • Options
    5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    I would NEVER any g/l/bi acts. I usually get my female Sims to date other female Sims (for example). Infact, I (myself) have given up on the dating scene.

I'm not against those who "practice" that life-style. I even have friends that are g/l/bi IRL. It's just not the lifestyle I would go with.
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
  • Options
    lowpolygallowpolygal Posts: 422 Member
    Something my sims always do it's Gardening and Fishing, I would love to do those activities in real life. Sadly, I'm not a green thumb and the only plants I'm able to keep alive are cactus xD. As for fishing... I don't even know how to start, that's why my sims get to do it all the time.

Something I'm trying to lear from my sims (as in, take the example) it's to be more active and exercise more.

And something I would never do compared to my sims, it is walk up straight to a stranger and slap them on the face... or hug them... or kiss them...
    zDZ4NFB.png
    I have a Simblr
  • Options
    DominicLaurenceDominicLaurence Posts: 3,398 Member
    It's actually funny, since my current sim (my avi) is the meanest I ever played, the Never Do list is way bigger than the other.

I would never: be incredibly mean to my mother in front of my toddler sibling, turn my sister against her mother, try to kill an enemy or a stepmother I don't like, engage in an abusive relationship (let alone with an already abused person), cheat on anyone, seduce someone just for the sake of having fun, eat something cultivated in a graveyard, live in a place without tv, be randomly bad to someone passing on the street, spend many hours of my day taking care of a garden (I praise who does), fishing, bite people emotionally attached to me simply 'cause I can as a vampire.

I would do: painting in my spare time, befriend a plant, live with friends when low on money, have a cute monster guarding my front door, vampire stuff if I could.
    ID: StGerris
    Legacy Photomode