Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New Game Pack: Carnival/Amusement Park

hannaht413hannaht413 Posts: 95 Member
edited April 2017 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
It could be a vacation spot like granite falls with games, junk food stalls, rollercoasters and other rides, bumper cars, a merry-go-round, a stall where your sim can get face paint, a guess your weight/age sim who could give your sim a positive or negative buff based on what they guess, etc.

Sims could have to buy tickets and stay in a nearby hotel with the options of a couple differently priced rooms laid out on a floor, similar to apartments in CL.

Comments

• catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    hannaht413 wrote: »
    It could be a vacation spot like granite falls with games, junk food stalls, rollercoasters and other rides, bumper cars, a merry-go-round, a stall where your sim can get face paint, a guess your weight/age sim who could give your sim a positive or negative buff based on what they guess, etc.

Sims could have to buy tickets and stay in a nearby hotel with the options of a couple differently priced rooms laid out on a floor, similar to apartments in CL.

Agreed.

• UniversalBakwitUniversalBakwit Posts: 5 New Member
    Amen.
  • TwilyteSimsTwilyteSims Posts: 4 New Member
    I would love an amusement park for my sims ... with all the extras and rides and booths.
  • LaneBoy1995LaneBoy1995 Posts: 133 Member
    I've been asking for this since The Sims 2!
  • EliteGirlEliteGirl Posts: 537 Member
    I would love to see this idea for "The Sims 4" series. I hope it passes. Good luck on that one!
  • katka_kynclovakatka_kynclova Posts: 79 Member
    I would love a boarwalk with rides. Something similar to Sims 3 Roaring Heights but better. Also it would be fun if some cute objects like photobooths were included :smirk:
    Twitter: @ kateknc
    Origin ID: kate_knl :cookie:
  • AHolyToiletAHolyToilet Posts: 870 Member
    I'm actually against this just because I can't see how this would actually be engaging. How exactly would this be fun for the player? I could see it being a side addition to an expansion pack, but how exactly would this change the game or add something to the game that would make it interesting? Because I don't know how watching the Sims go through the same animations would make the pack fun in the long run.
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    An amusement park would be a great place for Sim dates.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
    > @AHolyToilet said:
    > I'm actually against this just because I can't see how this would actually be engaging. How exactly would this be fun for the player? I could see it being a side addition to an expansion pack, but how exactly would this change the game or add something to the game that would make it interesting? Because I don't know how watching the Sims go through the same animations would make the pack fun in the long run.

I can imagine it being a stuff pack actually. I would definitely prefer many more themes before that but I think small rides like carousels could be a fun addition for builds (like parks etc.)
    Oh how I wish we could get Amusement Parks and Waterparks in The Sims 4.
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I could see an amusement GP similar to MP, with a small world with four lots for the bigger rides. The common area would have all the games and food carts or shows.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    I'm actually against this just because I can't see how this would actually be engaging. How exactly would this be fun for the player? I could see it being a side addition to an expansion pack, but how exactly would this change the game or add something to the game that would make it interesting? Because I don't know how watching the Sims go through the same animations would make the pack fun in the long run.
    The same could be said for any pack such as witches how exactly would this be fun for the player the witches would go through the same few animations every time they cast a spell. As someone who goes to theme parks at least 8 times a year and carnivals when I can they're a huge part of my life so a pack like this would be great to see I loved the carnival items in Sims 1 and used them frequently.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    hannaht413 wrote: »

a game pack with some rides like

Carousel
    roller coaster
    haunted ride
    big wheel
    bumpy
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

Oh how I wish we could get Amusement Parks and Waterparks in The Sims 4.

Oops this is a necro thread from 2017. I need to start paying attention to the dates.
    edited April 2019
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    The same could be said for any pack such as witches how exactly would this be fun for the player the witches would go through the same few animations every time they cast a spell. As someone who goes to theme parks at least 8 times a year and carnivals when I can they're a huge part of my life so a pack like this would be great to see I loved the carnival items in Sims 1 and used them frequently.

Um... no, it can't be said for the same thing at all. The reason why Vampires was successful was because it added an entirely new kind of character for the player to be which added a progression system, character flaws (weaknesses) and abilities that would help the Sims accomplish tasks and be one step ahead of the average Sim. Witches would at least be the same or even better in this regard, assuming it goes as well as Vampires. Vampires introduced new concepts for the player to explore with their Sims. That's why many Simmers like occults.

I'm wondering how carnival rides can provide the same kind of in-depth content other packs have done. Unless it was about managing a carnival itself (which is a concept I'm not interested in myself), I can't see how carnival rides could be the main focus of a pack and instead, be a side-addition to something else.
    Post edited by AHolyToilet on
  • EA_RtasEA_Rtas Posts: 2,875 EA Community Manager
    Hey folks considering there's plenty of good discussion on this I'm going to leave this thread open.
    EA_Rtas wrote: »
    Hey folks considering there's plenty of good discussion on this I'm going to leave this thread open.

Oh good.

Um... no, it can't be said for the same thing at all. The reason why Vampires was successful was because it added an entirely new kind of character for the player to be which added a progression system, character flaws (weaknesses) and abilities that would help the Sims accomplish tasks and be one step ahead of the average Sim. Witches would at least be the same or even better in this regard, assuming it goes as well as Vampires. Vampires introduced new concepts for the player to explore with their Sims. That's why many Simmers like occults.

I'm wondering how carnival rides can provide the same kind of in-depth content other packs have done. Unless it was about managing a carnival itself (which is a concept I'm not interested in myself), I can't see how carnival rides could be the main focus of a pack and instead, be a side-addition to something else.

That's why I think it would be better as a stuff pack which usually has objects and a little gameplay around one theme (like fitness stuff for example - also not much additional gameplay or in-depth content but some players still enjoy it a lot.) This is really about preferences of each player, I think.

That's why I think it would be better as a stuff pack which usually has objects and a little gameplay around one theme (like fitness stuff for example - also not much additional gameplay or in-depth content but some players still enjoy it a lot.) This is really about preferences of each player, I think.

Hm... a SP? I dunno, there are still a lot of variety when it comes to carnival rides. Bumper cars, tilt-a-whirls, gravitons, ferris wheels, log flumes, carousels, shoot the chutes, skycoasters, helter skelters, loop-o-planes, the whips, bayern kurves, round ups, kiddie rides, orbiters, etc. Of course, not all of these will be added to a pack, I'm just saying that there are still plenty of choices to choose from. That, and if they added the ability to build your own, would far exceed a SP. It might make a decent SP. But I feel like it could be more properly explored as part of an EP.

My issue is that I fail to see how they could add any substantial gameplay. Sure, all the rides are different and would have differing animations, but they all accomplish the exact same result. Which is an object that would raise your Sim's fun meter and put them in a happy moodlet. Which this game has far too many of already. With carnival rides, I can't see them as a GP because that would make them the sole focus of the pack and to me, it's a concept too shallow to do that. As an SP, it may not be explored enough. But if it was a side-addition to an EP, it could work there. As in it's just one of the features of an EP, but the EP itself still has other things for the player to engage themselves in and they can choose to play with the rides or not.

• marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    this theme would be better as a game pack, a stuff pack wouldn't work for something like this. too many things involved with a carnival
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Expanding on a post I did earlier in this topic, I could see a small world like Magnolia Promenade being used for this. There could be four lots, each with one BIG ride like roller coaster, Ferris wheel, bumper cars, etc. The area in between could be the Midway with games of chance like Whack A Gnome, The Claw, The Love Meter, arcade machines, photo booth, face paint tent, kissing booth, eating contests, food stalls, haunted house, souvenir stalls and rest rooms.

All this could fit in a GP. As to the concern that the game play might be just rides, all the GP's are really about just one thing. Dine Out-eating, Spa Day-relaxation, etc. Even lots are normally singular in use like libraries for skills and gyms for fitness. Having a fum place to go like a Carnival could be fun for our sims.

I loved the two coasters in S1, the Spooky one and the Clown one. I'd love to have something like those over a traditional coaster like we had in S3 (you had to play at the highest floor otherwise, the car would disappear and reappear, I hated that). If they did a Makin' Magic remake of the carnival, it could be a nice pretty carnival during the day, but a spooky one at night. Everything could change to spooky at midnight and back at six A.M. That would give it a much more fun aspect and bring fear into the game
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    Amusent park packs will mostly contain a lot of objects which have to be animated for sims to use, I doubt they will make something like this not in anything but expansion pack though.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • g01denswang01denswan Posts: 1,028 Member
    It would be great if sims can also own, manage and work there operating rides, attending game booths and food stalls and we can hire employees and assign their outfits like in Dine Out.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    I'd love to see 2 new traits come with a carnival/amusement park pack...

- Thrill seeker: Loves everything extreme be it roller coasters, swimming in a shark pond...
    Gains energized buff when doing extreme activities (say we ever get any)
    Screams with excitement with his/her hands in the air while riding roller coaster no fear here.

- Scaredy-cat: Prefers living life on the safe side...
    Gains fear tense emotion if he/she is rides a roller coaster or any extreme activity.
    May get sick (green face) when riding a roller coaster or cry when getting off.

Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"