Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Essential oils and other Eco at home Careers/ Business's

You sim could use the herbalism skill from sims outdoors, to extract your own oils, To use instead of medicine. It would be perfect for the Eco pack:)) Your sim could be into making everything (sim world) friendly. And you could make a small business from it, and have other career businesses like it:)) Like....

-Door to door, social media salesmen or saleswomen career. You could sell makeup, tupperware, essential oils, lose weight wraps, and diet pills, and vitamins, storage 31 bags. They could go door to door, or sell online, Or have a party to sell to everyone. Just like real life. Like instead of avoiding them on facebook. Your sim could try to avoid them to, it would be great:)) lol. They could try to climb to the top of the sale men pyramid. Make extra money on the side, even have their sims friends join them and sell under them. Get a discount

This career would be perfect for Laundry Eco because it is a at home business:)))

Comments

• gummybear0724gummybear0724 Posts: 1,146 Member
    I love the idea of essential oils for sims! I actually thought about it earlier, but I don't want Outdoor Retreat to be needed. Maybe it could be expanded with OR but work without it as well.
  • HarlowandMeHarlowandMe Posts: 231 Member
    I love the idea of essential oils for sims! I actually thought about it earlier, but I don't want Outdoor Retreat to be needed. Maybe it could be expanded with OR but work without it as well.

Oh I know what you mean, I am sure they could figure something out:)))
    Or they could also Have the jewelry Design career, In a eco way. Where all the crystals and rocks they collect, They could turn into necklaces and rings, and earrings. Where you could still have a emotional Aura around it still. I had this Idea Earlier but for the Fashion Design Career. :)) It would be so much fun:))

I copy and pasted this a few times already..

Fashion Designer and Jewelry designer, Shoe Designer and Model Career. I would love if my sims could create different fabrics, and sew their own creations, where you could actually design the clothes and accessories,shoes your self. Maybe in your sims wardrobe they can add a spot for your sims to have clothing accessories. . I would also love if the Sims 4 Gurus could add the option for purses and backpacks, and coats, and sweaters so you wouldn't want to go to the mods, and to be able to design them yourself. For the jewelry designer they could go collect crystals, or buy crystals, and stones. And chisel them into different jewelry. They can design engagement rings, Anniversary jewelry, and I am sorry jewelry, best friend necklaces and bracelets. Or club jewelry, and High school, colleges graduation rings. They can add a bunch of new tools, Like sewing needles, fabric machine, knitting, embroidery machines, and a sewing box, and even different patterns, and pin cushions, shoe making tools,measuring tapes, and mannequin form with the option of designing right on it, You could gain all kinds of skills and more game play. When you create new clothes, and jewelry instead of it being done instantly, after you design it, it could take a long time to make it. Depending on what kind of item you are making.
  • SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    people expect too much from a stuff pack.
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
    Simpkin wrote: »

Well no, but there is nothing wrong with giving ideas, That is the great thing about this part of the forum, they are looking at the public to work with. Maybe it is just a stuff pack, but still you never know what they will include. I don't expect them to include every idea from this part of the forum, but wow what a great opportunity, to get your ideas out. But I don't see how essential oils and door to door business/career would be too much for a Eco pack. It is a at home business. It would match up great with Laundry and being home.
  • SimmerOfEnglandSimmerOfEngland Posts: 194 Member
    You sim could use the herbalism skill from sims outdoors, to extract your own oils, To use instead of medicine. It would be perfect for the Eco pack:)) Your sim could be into making everything (sim world) friendly. And you could make a small business from it, and have other career businesses like it:)) Like....

-Door to door, social media salesmen or saleswomen career. You could sell makeup, tupperware, essential oils, lose weight wraps, and diet pills, and vitamins, storage 31 bags. They could go door to door, or sell online, Or have a party to sell to everyone. Just like real life. Like instead of avoiding them on facebook. Your sim could try to avoid them to, it would be great:)) lol. They could try to climb to the top of the sale men pyramid. Make extra money on the side, even have their sims friends join them and sell under them. Get a discount

This career would be perfect for Laundry Eco because it is a at home business:)))

There actually is essential oils already! If you select the hot tub, you are allowed to put in different oils to alter your Sims moodlet :)
    ⭐ Say what you think, love who you love 'cause you just get so many trips around the sun ⭐

Simmer since 2009
    S4 content owned - GTW, GT, CL, OR, DO, SD, P, V, KR, SS, BS, FS, BN, RG, MH, LP, PP, LP, CK, VG,
    Sims lost:7
  • SimmerOfEnglandSimmerOfEngland Posts: 194 Member

As SimGuruGraham mentioned, stuff packs have no size limit! They can be up to as much as a game pack, depending on what fits the theme :)
    ⭐ Say what you think, love who you love 'cause you just get so many trips around the sun ⭐

Simmer since 2009
    S4 content owned - GTW, GT, CL, OR, DO, SD, P, V, KR, SS, BS, FS, BN, RG, MH, LP, PP, LP, CK, VG,
    Sims lost:7
    edited April 2017

There actually is essential oils already! If you select the hot tub, you are allowed to put in different oils to alter your Sims moodlet :)[/quote]

I didn't know that:)) I might have to get that stuff pack now, if you can only use it in the hot tub, it be cool if they expanded that and put it on your sims, and make differnt things with it:))
    Post edited by HarlowandMe on
  • SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member

As SimGuruGraham mentioned, stuff packs have no size limit! They can be up to as much as a game pack, depending on what fits the theme :)

well, if they actually put that much stuff in, it would be fantastic but as seen that's not the case at all.

Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • reiureyareiureya Posts: 80 Member
    Yeah, but there's a limit on what they can do in the given time too. Plus, part of this would go great in Seasons too you know. Herbal Remedies and stuff like that could have even bigger functionality in an EP. I mentioned it on a different thread about herbal medicines, but they could add a homeopathic career and have a dedicated lot for it just like with the careers in Get to Work. If you had Spa Day on top of it, you could sell herbal medicines to the spa to give to the Sims that are going there, but there's tons of other possibilities too. With Bath Oils you could further boost a Sim's Spa experience by enhancing their mood boosts. The Herbal remedies could be handed out at a Spa pharmacy, which could sell vitamins and other health supplements.

As far as make up, that might be more difficult cause you are talking about items that are usually taken care of in CAS. However, you could do perfumes and skin creams that give Sims different moodlets. That would be interesting too.
    Yeah that is true :)) it would work really well in a expansion pack, I just thought a door to door sales person would be a fun addition to a Eco game, because it could be a at home job:))
  • Aeriexo11Aeriexo11 Posts: 646 Member
    Now there's an interesting idea...

That said, let me share a potential roadblock that might keep us from considering it within a Stuff Pack. If you look at the order of the upcoming votes, it'll give you an idea of why certain things can be difficult for the Stuff Pack team to accomplish. First we'll be voting on an art style, then we'll vote for individual objects and pieces of clothing, and then we'll vote on the actual features that the pack includes. On a Stuff Pack, those objects and pieces of clothing have their concept art created by our team here at Maxis, but the assets themselves are actually built by outsourced partners at a separate studio. (Note - this does work a bit differently on larger packs, where they use both outsourced partners and internal artists to create a pack's clothing.) Because they're a different group at a different location, we front load all of the work that's necessary to create the basic objects/clothing for the pack to allow time for communication, revisions, and asset delivery.

Sometimes we're caught off guard by our feature selection, especially if a Stuff Pack feature would benefit from a certain piece of clothing. Let me use Backyard Stuff as an example. Had we known we were going to make a water slide in that pack when its theme and clothing were selected, we certainly would have included some new swimwear in that pack for Sims to use while on the water slide. That feature was selected after our clothing was already locked in though, and because Stuff Packs don't have any internal Create a Sim Artist time allocated to our schedule, it wasn't possible to go back and add that in later.

So bringing it back to the current discussion, it'd likely be difficult to add a Beekeeper to this pack, because presumably you'd also want a beekeeper suit for your Sim to wear when handling the bees. A larger pack could tackle this better - they have access to both internal CAS Artists, as well as multiple rounds of outsourced art with our external partners where they could request such an outfit after features had been selected. With Stuff Packs being smaller packs that are developed in shorter spans of time, that just isn't an option for us. Occasionally we can identify a need for a piece of clothing and make a special request to get time from an internal CAS Artist. If a Development Director (the people who manage the schedules of individual employees across various disciplines) works with production to find some spare time, they can approve that request. That's how we were able to get a bowling glove added in Bowling Night for example.

Hopefully that gives some insight into why the decisions we make aren't as straightforward as they seem at first glance. Each feature can have dependencies on other disciplines that a Stuff Pack just doesn't typically have access to, or the decision may come when we're already at a point in the project where we're past when we can make changes without disrupting our schedule.

He may have said there isn't a limit, but he did say this ^ This is why they focus on one or two feature items. Something like essential oils, though they would be cool, would end up being a feature item.
    @Aeriexo11 Thanks for showing us this:)) I love learning how they do things and go about the process:)) Definitely helpful, I can't wait to see the outcome of everything:)) I hope they do this more often, It is so cool they are letting everyone vote:))
  • diisnerddiisnerd Posts: 52 Member
    LOVE THIS IDAE
  • bandcampsquirrelbandcampsquirrel Posts: 2,187 Member
    I love this idea, we do already have the oil in the hottub, but we should be able to use oils as a medicine too, remember in sims 2, how the incense would keep up your fun while you cleaned the house? Grandpa..tell me 'bout the good 'ole days....lol
  • gummybear0724gummybear0724 Posts: 1,146 Member

Really? I have a feeling this is going to be a very large stuff pack! I cannot wait!!!
    Aww thanks you guys:)) I hope it is a large stuff pack:)) Can not wait to see the results of everyone's votes:)))
  • RubyxAngelRubyxAngel Posts: 333 Member
    edited April 2017
    Great ideas, worth listing them even if they don't make it in the stuff pack (we were encouraged to)

They could really expand on having essential oils by having a Diffuser in the game where you can put different essential oils in and it can give different moods/atmospheres for Aromatherapy!

ZAQDew-2.jpg

A Diffuser Would be great:))
  • QueenRococoQueenRococo Posts: 3 New Member
    It would be REALLY cool to have Doulas and lamaze classes.
    yeah that would be awesome:)))