Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Eco Living sewing

sewing could be great fun can't you just see the moms and dads making hats for the toddlers and little rag dolls and bears
more for sim kids and more drama please

Comments

• CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    I'd love something like the sewing machine from TS2 at some point.
  • FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    Yes, I would love for the sewing machine to come back again one day.

I like the idea of rag dolls and bears, and I could see the puppy tearing the stuffing out of it, LOL
  • JimG72JimG72 Posts: 1,161 Member
    Maybe that's something that will be part of the Family game pack coming up. Don't see it working here though for this stuff pack. We're selecting objects and clothing by vote before the game feature vote. Sewing new types of clothing and items (like rag dolls) would require new clothing and objects to be designed and that's going to be decided on before the game feature is voted on.
    JimG72 wrote: »
    Maybe that's something that will be part of the Family game pack coming up. Don't see it working here though for this stuff pack. We're selecting objects and clothing by vote before the game feature vote. Sewing new types of clothing and items (like rag dolls) would require new clothing and objects to be designed and that's going to be decided on before the game feature is voted on.

true, but one can dream :D
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,106 Member
    I would like it back, mostly so my sims can create their own clothing. Wall hangings, rugs and curtains would be good too though
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • PixelsimmerPixelsimmer Posts: 2,351 Member
    edited April 2017
    I hope sewing does come back at some point but I want it to be fully fledged and as such I don't want it to be included as a part of a SP. I hope If they decide to add sewing they take the opportunity to also include some kind of create a style back: create your own clothes using patterns (and potentially custom patterns) that are applied over standard meshes. I think that level of complexity could only be added as a part of a GP or an EP.
  • HarlowandMeHarlowandMe Posts: 231 Member
    I really want sewing machines so bad, but I was hoping it would be in some kind of Fashion pack. But they can always make different sewing machines capable of different things:)) My Ideal is not very Eco, but it does have a lot to do with sewing:))

- Fashion Designer and Jewelry designer, Shoe Designer and Model Career. I would love if my sims could create different fabrics, and sew their own creations, where you could actually design the clothes and accessories,shoes your self. Maybe in your sims wardrobe they can add a spot for your sims to have clothing accessories. . I would also love if the Sims 4 Gurus could add the option for purses and backpacks, and coats, and sweaters so you wouldn't want to go to the mods, and to be able to design them yourself. For the jewelry designer they could go collect crystals, or buy crystals, and stones. And chisel them into different jewelry. They can design engagement rings, Anniversary jewelry, and I am sorry jewelry, best friend necklaces and bracelets. Or club jewelry, and High school, colleges graduation rings. They can add a bunch of new tools, Like sewing needles, fabric machine, knitting, embroidery machines, and a sewing box, and even different patterns, and pin cushions, shoe making tools,measuring tapes, and mannequin form with the option of designing right on it, You could gain all kinds of skills and more game play. When you create new clothes, and jewelry instead of it being done instantly, after you design it, it could take a long time to make it. Depending on what kind of item you are making.
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,106 Member
    I really want sewing machines so bad, but I was hoping it would be in some kind of Fashion pack. But they can always make different sewing machines capable of different things:)) My Ideal is not very Eco, but it does have a lot to do with sewing:))

- Fashion Designer and Jewelry designer, Shoe Designer and Model Career. I would love if my sims could create different fabrics, and sew their own creations, where you could actually design the clothes and accessories,shoes your self. Maybe in your sims wardrobe they can add a spot for your sims to have clothing accessories. . I would also love if the Sims 4 Gurus could add the option for purses and backpacks, and coats, and sweaters so you wouldn't want to go to the mods, and to be able to design them yourself. For the jewelry designer they could go collect crystals, or buy crystals, and stones. And chisel them into different jewelry. They can design engagement rings, Anniversary jewelry, and I am sorry jewelry, best friend necklaces and bracelets. Or club jewelry, and High school, colleges graduation rings. They can add a bunch of new tools, Like sewing needles, fabric machine, knitting, embroidery machines, and a sewing box, and even different patterns, and pin cushions, shoe making tools,measuring tapes, and mannequin form with the option of designing right on it, You could gain all kinds of skills and more game play. When you create new clothes, and jewelry instead of it being done instantly, after you design it, it could take a long time to make it. Depending on what kind of item you are making.

I love this.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • HarlowandMeHarlowandMe Posts: 231 Member
    Aww thanks @Mariefoxprice83 I love the Ideal of eco sewing too
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    Yes, I would love for the sewing machine to come back again one day.

I like the idea of rag dolls and bears, and I could see the puppy tearing the stuffing out of it, LOL

awww so cute this needs to happen
  • BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,587 Member
    I really really do miss sewing.
    I didn't know it was in sims 2 but I think I could have a lot of fun with sewing
    I think it would be nice if sewing was a skill
  • midnightpearlmidnightpearl Posts: 6,578 Member
    it would be nice to have a sewing skill in this game as well as knitting too, knitting lots of items such as blankets, rugs and with sewing make curtains, we need more curtains in TS4!
    edited April 2017
    Sims2
    a482afb8ddb8e4460bdde0342109b9d6-sewingmachinerc.jpg
    It works too! I loved it, it's a great hobby!

ETA:
    maxresdefault.jpg
    edited April 2017
    that sewing machine looks really nice I hope they have that in sims 4 someday
  • Cabelle1863Cabelle1863 Posts: 2,251 Member
    I would love to see sewing make a return. But since this is going to be a stuff pack, I don't think we'll get anything skill-intensive like a sewing machine. I think that would be more geared toward a game or expansion pack. However, I will continue to hope and request that sewing makes a return.
    we can always hope
  • RubyxAngelRubyxAngel Posts: 333 Member
    Very cute! It would be cool they could something similar without having to use a machine e.g. sit on the sofa and knit a jumper, but I understand a machine/interactive table would be easier to make as they already have tables you can make wooden toys on.

family-knitting-together-home-18108190.jpg
  • BlueJeans04989BlueJeans04989 Posts: 84 Member
    I hope sewing does come back at some point but I want it to be fully fledged and as such I don't want it to be included as a part of a SP. I hope If they decide to add sewing they take the opportunity to also include some kind of create a style back: create your own clothes using patterns (and potentially custom patterns) that are applied over standard meshes. I think that level of complexity could only be added as a part of a GP or an EP.

I agree. For that matter, I wouldn't mind seeing the potter wheel make a comeback too, but not in a SP.

well maybe they'll give us sewing if not in the sp then some where down the line I hope
    now that they know we want it
  • davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    That would be great and keeps with the spirit of the country vibe unlike most of the stuff/clothes people are putting on here. I would love sewing to be added.
  • BlindxSecretsBlindxSecrets Posts: 652 Member
    Sewing would be absolutely amazing, especially if you can make new clothes and items with it. Ugh, that would be so good lol, especially for the country theme. I love the idea of being able to sit on the couch and knit or crochet, too. Maybe they could even crochet some rugs or something? Could even patch clothing if there needs to be another element to it.
    The Noble Legacy (A Prettacy)
    Origin ID: BlindxSecrets
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,542 Member
    me i much prefer to see return washers and dryers in other word the option to do laundry in the sims4
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
    me i much prefer to see return washers and dryers in other word the option to do laundry in the sims4

well we will all get to vote on may 18 may the best idea win