Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Art Style: How Did You Vote?

Comments

• simmer_whoviansimmer_whovian Posts: 275 Member
    I encountered an error when I tried to vote from my laptop, but it worked on my tablet, so I've successfully voted for B and keeping my fingers crossed that it wins. It has much more warmth and character and would make my game look better.
  • MSKyuuniMSKyuuni Posts: 62 Member
    I voted A because I like the room preview much more but I'd really rather B's CAS look. I don't think they'd be dissonant if that were to be the case. Just personally I think B's room style is a bit garish but A's CAS style is so boring it's ridiculous
  • CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    Jaline33 wrote: »
    Where will you put all the canned goods you make with the canner?

In the pantry.
  • TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    Where will you put all the canned goods you make with the canner?

In the pantry.

Or on the flea market table from CL. ;)
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • iamcherylfailsiamcherylfails Posts: 214 Member
    I like both and found it hard to choose but I went with A because I figured the modern style might be easier to match with all the modern stuff we already have in the game...
  • Erja888Erja888 Posts: 4,838 Member
    I voted B. I like the B/B items more. In my opinion we have enough modern stuff like they are offering it in version A.
    I'd love to see a singing career in game, EA! You can't let the singing skill go to waste! My TS4 EPs: GTW, GT, CL, C&D, S, GF, IL, DU, EL, SE, CoL, HSY, GrT, HR, FR GPs: OR, SD, DO, V, P, JA, SV, RoM, DHD, MWS
  • hannaht413hannaht413 Posts: 95 Member
    I voted B! I was really bored by the stuff in A, both the furniture and the clothes.
  • CloBrimCloBrim Posts: 1 New Member
    I voted A, I loved B's CAS, but the B room doesn't feel what I think eco is. It looks too old style. The colour set for both the art concepts, they are a bit drab, I like the modern feel of A but really hope the colours are more like the swatches in city living. Could do with both the kitchen styles, though, but better swatches.
  • SimangoSimango Posts: 427 Member
    I voted for B in the end, even though I'd rather see more technology included like in A.

It was a tough pick.
  • LouciferLoucifer Posts: 199 Member

I chose B. [/quote]

I forgot to vote but would have voted B as well
    When the government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny
    Thomas Jefferson (3rd US President)
  • fuoco1999fuoco1999 Posts: 26 Member
    I chose A, I know we've got much modern forniture so far, but I'd never use style B objects. If style A wins, I'll create my own laundry :)
  • chidoriaidachidoriaida Posts: 282 Member
    I voted for A. I love A's furniture and B's clothing. A's furniture has this minimalist and clean feel to it, it is the style I love and it can match with my modern/contemporary houses. B has a country feel, which is the style I don't like, and everything looks cluttered.
  • szMermaidszMermaid Posts: 254 Member

I choose B sz
    its lovely
    xyIcMqt.png

If you would like to see Off-The-Grid, Canning/Preserving, and Freegan/Carbon Conscious be made in to a Game Pack or EP, sign the petition!: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/921310/off-the-grid-gamepack-petition-374-signatures/p1?new=1
  • SimmerOfEnglandSimmerOfEngland Posts: 194 Member
    m11kj wrote: »
    shellbeme wrote: »
    Just didn't really like the clothing on the male sim in B. Dont need another big pair of boyfriend jeans :( if the final result is B, at least gimme some decent neat choices plz >.< they have enough laid-back styles already.
    I don't think they're jeans.

I thought my vote for a while and then I was like "who am I kidding" and went with B. I have to say that they look in A still pleases my eye as well. Both of those laundry sinks look very nice. I'm pleasantly surprised seeing them (as someone who sees laundry as a possibility, not a must).

yep I think you are right. the fabric doesn't look like jeans. I mistakenly thought so bc I first saw the picture on my phone and it was very small. Although that doesn't really change my view, it is still a very laid-back style pair of pants, and personally I would really really appreciate a neater and sleeker approach for male sims' clothing choices. Like, just gimme a decent pair of skinny/straight jeans/chinos that looks modern please.

More this,
    2016-casual-pants-jeans-jeans-male-elasticity-long-kuegou-man-hole-straight-young-8371-54JW.jpg
    26d23f5c73fa08d3442cd50d061ca2ae.jpg
    Hot-Tapered-Skinny-Bandana-Joggers-Drop-plum-Pants-Men-Trousers-Soccer-Traning-Running-Outdoor-Sport-Track.jpg
    7327565be8515b12bb5f323698680303.jpg
    -font-b-Korean-b-font-Style-Black-font-b-Men-b-font-font-b-Jeans.jpg

Enough of this...
    cslm.png
    153kzs8.jpg
    2001570291645396888_rs.jpg
    wholesale-new-autumn-winter-cotton-men-039.jpg
    handm-laid-back-favorites-photos-004.jpg
    handm-laid-back-favorites-photos-002.jpg
    (^adding these two from h&m to show my point: they are good designs, but in the sims 4 they have too much of this already)

OMG I am SO over guys in skinny jeans. Especially now that they share the women's clothes I feel like I have nothing but sim guys in skinny jeans all over town.

But that's why they need their own modern non-quirky jeans that actually fit their body type. The woman's jeans are so tight they feel like leggings on them. That's not how they should look like on a male body, and we need them.

Actually, I love when my boyfriend wears my jeans! I personally think they look better on him than they do on me aha!!
    ⭐ Say what you think, love who you love 'cause you just get so many trips around the sun ⭐

Simmer since 2009
    S4 content owned - GTW, GT, CL, OR, DO, SD, P, V, KR, SS, BS, FS, BN, RG, MH, LP, PP, LP, CK, VG,
    Sims lost:7
  • MekoSharkMekoShark Posts: 161 Member
    I'd rather live in cruddy, mismatched furniture then a sterile, doctor's office. The only reason for THAT many cabinets is if you need to stash copious amounts of latex gloves, Q-tips, and tubes of jelly.
    Um, is it normal to have copious amounts of all that stashed if you're not a doctor?
    Asking for a friend.

LOLs :D
    Sharks need love too 🦈

• CiarassimsCiarassims Posts: 3,547 Member
    Ciarassims wrote: »
    I really like A and I want washing machines connected to the grid lol

Loveee your siggy! we need more people like you in the world!

Just read this but thanks :)
    giphy_1.gif
  • SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 2,221 Member
    Are you all employees of the company? B looks like crud. I don't want to live in a trailer park looking, back on the farm, house.

If I'm an employee, then I'm seriously underpaid. I demand a raise. I'd rather live in cruddy, mismatched furniture then a sterile, doctor's office. The only reason for THAT many cabinets is if you need to stash copious amounts of latex gloves, Q-tips, and tubes of jelly.

Yabbut . . . where will you stash your juicer in the B plan? Where will you put all the canned goods you make with the canner? Where will the canner itself go? :wink:

Where do my jars of canned goods go? Everywhere. The answer is everywhere.

33873755531_befd471e84_o.jpg
    33873755231_4ee2d168b6_o.jpg
    34003470645_d5de9abf1c_o.png
    33845920452_31cb46f46c_o.jpg
    42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png

• LatteCrabLatteCrab Posts: 2,935 Member
    edited April 2017

[snipped your above pics for space-save]
    I <3 your pics!
    (snatches pics for ideas... o:)Thnx! :* )

[snipped your above pics for space-save]
    I <3 your pics!
    (snatches pics for ideas... o:)Thnx! :* )

LOL, snatch away! I'm glad you like them. I do a lot of farming and canning in TS3.

• simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,860 Member
    @SageRainWillow , are those canned goods a feature in Sims 3? I don't remember that.
    edited April 2017
    @SageRainWillow , are those canned goods a feature in Sims 3? I don't remember that.

Some are. The canning station (pictured in the full kitchen view to the right of the counter) came with a Store pack, I believe. but I also play with mods that allow me to cook with any ingredient, name my cooked food dishes whatever I want, and a canning station overhaul mod that expanded the possibilities. I'm able to can whole plates of cooked food, which become "rations". My sim opens the jar and out pops a fully cooked meal on a plate. Cooking with any ingredient mod also leads to interesting concoctions, like this Flame Fruit Pumpkin Pie Flambé my 🐸🐸🐸🐸 family made which actually sets your plate on fire :D:D:D:D:p

32206896393_f51b7f257b_o.jpg
    32980481126_52fc352fa2_o.jpg

"Steamed Puffer with Corn Carrot Chutney" was actually named by me, and I think it's technically "Fish and Chips", but I used a puffer fish, corn, and carrots when I selected the ingredients. The canning station overhaul also created things like condensed milk, honey spread (from the bees), scrambled eggs using the chicken eggs I collected from the coop, cinnamon spread that makes you romantic, pesto, and a double-boiled ginseng soup which cures colds immediately. There's a ton of stuff the mod can make, and they created more custom skins for the jars themselves. So if I canned egg rolls, it really looks like there's egg rolls packed in the jar.

Also, I can make candles with the canning station using the beeswax I collected from the hives.

While this is totally modded out, I hope EA eventually does something like this for canning. Even if they don't, as long as the animations are there, the modding community will gladly run with it. I'd harass my favorite modders until they did. :D
    Post edited by SageRainWillow on

edited April 2017
    Here's a link to the canning station mod if anyone wants to see all its functionality: http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=580462

And the cooking/ingredients overhaul made by our very own @Cinderellimouse : http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=548787

• simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,860 Member
    Here's a link to the canning station mod if anyone wants to see all its functionality: http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=580462

And the cooking/ingredients overhaul made by our very own @Cinderellimouse : http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=548787

Thanks! I do have the canning station. Just not currently installed. Will definitely check out those mods.

Thanks! I do have the canning station. Just not currently installed. Will definitely check out those mods.

You're welcome! I still play 3, but I'd love to have canning back in the new, shiny world of 4. My sims miss it.

• simmerfelizsimmerfeliz Posts: 26 Member
    Are you all employees of the company? B looks like crud. I don't want to live in a trailer park looking, back on the farm, house.

If I'm an employee, then I'm seriously underpaid. I demand a raise. I'd rather live in cruddy, mismatched furniture then a sterile, doctor's office. The only reason for THAT many cabinets is if you need to stash copious amounts of latex gloves, Q-tips, and tubes of jelly.

Yabbut . . . where will you stash your juicer in the B plan? Where will you put all the canned goods you make with the canner? Where will the canner itself go? :wink:

In a kitchen?

If you read back, I was responding to SageRainWillow's comment that "The only reason for THAT many cabinets is if you need to stash copious amounts of latex gloves, Q-tips, and tubes of jelly." :smile:

I saw that. But plan B is the look of a laundry room to me. I was thinking canned goods would go in my kitchen (or basement). LOL

Ohhhh . . . I thought they were kitchens I was looking at - LOL - but great idea anyway re: the basements. Wouldn't it be great if our Sims could really pull actual items out of cupboards and then use them for real? I was especially thinking of things like the juice machine and canning paraphernalia. Even if it's just a brief thing like: open cupboard door, pull out (appliance/gizmo), then start to use it. :smiley:

I thought they were kitchens, too!!! :) Thanks