Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Developers we need a Tropical Beach Vacation Location

I'm longing for an actual beach with an ocean and large waves that Sims can swim in complete with beach activities,a board walk,resorts and maybe a small carnival with rides like Ferris wheels,carousel and roller coasters.

Summer will soon be here and I want my Sims to go on a Tropical Vacation. I miss oceans and beaches in TS4.

Comments

• catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    Me too, I like your ideas. I miss my houseboats.
  • HennriettaHennrietta Posts: 212 Member
    I would love a tropical vacation destination for my Sims! That would be so much fun!
  • TravisBlackfoxTravisBlackfox Posts: 553 Member
    Count me in on this!
  • FreyannFreyann Posts: 66 Member
    Agreed. Could do so much more with vacation worlds. Beaches , Japanese themed world, Snowy holidays. I get tired of sending my sims for the SAME holiday.
  • CandydCandyd Posts: 1,261 Member
    I agree ! Except I don't want it to be just a vacation world. It would be wonderful to have it as a world where sims can live. So that the Sims 4 can represent people from all regions in the world and not just temperate areas, tropical regions count too :)
  • TravisBlackfoxTravisBlackfox Posts: 553 Member
    Freyann wrote: »
    Agreed. Could do so much more with vacation worlds. Beaches , Japanese themed world, Snowy holidays. I get tired of sending my sims for the SAME holiday.

I agree. I just have the camping pack right now and my boys are a bit bored. They love the outdoors and fishing and whatnot, but there's only so much you can do. Lately their vacations consist of them bowling or going around the town in places I built or even going into space....even spending time at home. They need a fun and unique outing. I'd love a beach, I'd love a ski resort!
  • rosieforstrosieforst Posts: 5 New Member
    yas i'd love to make a beachy themed house, I mean since the weather is always great, it would be nice to make a nice beachy or nautical themed house or park.

It would also be nice to have the ability to increase handiness by upgrading the simple cheap and uncomfortable beds. I'm tired of trying to make island themed houses and having a victorian style goth bed because i want my sim to sleep well.
  • Louise_G0325Louise_G0325 Posts: 1,040 Member
    I'd rather have a fully-sized beach world where my sims can live via an Island Paradise EP :) Resorts should be added, though, so sims from other worlds can have a holiday there. The size of an EP would also allow more room for gameplay like beach activities and houseboats etc.
  • NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    edited April 2017
    I agree, the game really needs a vacations game pack or expansion. It is weird that there is only one vacation destination. A tropical/beach destination would also be my preference. Even though I prefer very different kinds of vacation destinations in real life, I think it would be great for most of my sims. It is unlikely my vampires would vacation at the beach, so there is that.
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    edited April 2017
    I want this as well, both the vacation area and the liveable world or the ability for sims to buy land in some part of the world. (It would be ok with me if those were two separate worlds or if they were some sort of hybrid).

It's a small thing but I'd like sims to relax on lounge chairs like they did in prior versions of the game. (Yes, it's small and no, it's not all my sims want to do but it is annoyingly missing.) I do like how sims relax in the hot tub unless I tell them otherwise. I'd like them to do the same on a sun lounger or beach towel.

I have sims living on the WB island and I'd love them to swim in it but I would be happy if a new world or two came out with swimmable water, beaches and the ability to vacation or live.

I agree about being up for a boardwalk and possibly a carnival or beach games with beach bars and parties too. There could be a secluded romantic or peaceful beach, a party beach and a family gaming/splash and play area. There could be fun for all ages and styles. I would use them all at various times in my rotation and other players could gravitate to what they like in a beach. (I know there are other people who would explore all of the beaches, so the more options, the better).

I currently don't have Backyard, but it's the kind of thing where I might decide to go ahead and add it with the addition of a beach world.

Hmm, they could even add golfing - another activity for elders. (Yeah, I know, not only elders would do it but elders need more to do).
    Post edited by ChampandGirlie on
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Sims_4funnSims_4funn Posts: 103 Member
    I'm longing for an actual beach with an ocean and large waves that Sims can swim in complete with beach activities,a board walk,resorts and maybe a small carnival with rides like Ferris wheels,carousel and roller coasters.

Summer will soon be here and I want my Sims to go on a Tropical Vacation. I miss oceans and beaches in TS4.

I Sooooooooooooooooooooo want this! Are you thinking of starting a petition?

• ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    I was just thinking that myself! But I also want a tropical home world. I don't ask for much, do I?
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • blossombombsblossombombs Posts: 92 Member
    I agree about being up for a boardwalk and possibly a carnival or beach games with beach bars and parties too. There could be a secluded romantic or peaceful beach, a party beach and a family gaming/splash and play area. There could be fun for all ages and styles. I would use them all at various times in my rotation and other players could gravitate to what they like in a beach. (I know there are other people who would explore all of the beaches, so the more options, the better).

This idea, dude. I didn't know I wanted it until I read it, lol. Sometimes I'm not sure what I'd want in the next big pack, but this would make the game feel so much richer to me. I remember going on a caravan holiday with my family as a kid, walking up a boardwalk (and passing an abandoned house which my cousin said belonged to a witch), doing carnival things on the beachfront... and yeah, stuff like play areas and minigolf would be great. More activities and environments are always super.

Sandcastle building contests! That could be a thing.
    xyIcMqt.png
  • CJSimmieCJSimmie Posts: 310 Member
    I definitely share the same sentiments as you all. I Tropical beach Vacation destination would be awesome for the summer.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    Candyd wrote: »
    I agree ! Except I don't want it to be just a vacation world. It would be wonderful to have it as a world where sims can live. So that the Sims 4 can represent people from all regions in the world and not just temperate areas, tropical regions count too :)

I want it to be a vacation destination but I would have no problem of them adding a beach to a future new home world as well.

• catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    Sims_4funn wrote: »

I Sooooooooooooooooooooo want this! Are you thinking of starting a petition?

No this is just meant to catch the Guru and Developers eyes. They do read the ideas section a lot. Graham has mentioned he comes here and I'm pretty sure Grant,Romeo,Sarah etc do as well.
  • Superkam64Superkam64 Posts: 209 Member
    Such a great idea! Maybe a world like the one that came with The Sims Vacation, having a ski resort, an outdoor camping area, and a tropical beach type of area. I've just wanted a cacti on EP like Vacation and Bon Voyage. Two of my favorite EPs from the older games.
  • FrejaFreja Posts: 159 Member
    yes beach yes! my sims are tired of not having sand in every pocket. the snowy place would be great too. I'm starting fooling myself that Willow Creek is something like Louisiana swamps, and that's wrong because I'm not 6. too many lush places, and Oasis Spring is too yellow and too desertdeadlishonesucculentmaybe :weary:
  • JaysimsJaysims Posts: 209 Member
    What about a natural hot springs pool similar to a jacuzzi with more social interactions?
  • JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    would love this.

And don't forget boating, snorkeling, and diving. I loved that they added it in Sims 3 and I hope they add boats in Sims 4.
    WbUrFQm.png
  • OliCaitOliCait Posts: 476 Member
    Yes! Honestly I have a never ending list of things I'd love to see added. To be honest, I'd rather they didn't release a sims 5 for ages and instead just kept adding things to Sims 4 until we have literally everything. Boats is a great idea, I'd love more interactions with babies like strollers and feeding without having to just age them up to toddlers, maybe even summer camps? I just have SOO many things I want to see added!
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Hopefully a beach world is full of fun family activities that is not exploring because that is pretty much all the last to vacation packs offered we really need something like this as a expansion.

Also I must add on what you said with "large waves that Sims can swim and surf in"
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    You don't need the tropics for waves and surfing!

The town where Jaws was filmed is surrounded by surfing beaches, but is not at all tropical.
    The first season of Australian Survivor was filmed at Whaler's Way, not far from where Jaws was filmed.
    There's beaches with penguins, seals, and sea lions, you can swim with dolphins, or with sharks, or watch whales. Oysters are a big deal in the region. Surfing is a huge deal in the region. And Port Lincoln is partially built on the tuna fishing industry.

Summers in the region are pleasant, dry, and not tropical.

AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I agree with @Movotti We have a tropical pack with JA. Now, we need a beach world like Sunlit Tides or Ilsa Paradiso to live in.