Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Who does NOT want laundry?

Comments

• Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,106 Member
    I would be gutted if laundry was the main feature of the pack over something else I liked, but as I doubt it will be either the sewing machine or the pottery wheel (both from Sims 2) we'll have to wait and see what options are proposed. I wouldn't buy the pack specifically for laundry but if there's other stuff in it I like, I don't object to laundry being in it too. Having said that, I definitely don't want it to be compulsory.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • gabythesimslovergabythesimslover Posts: 146 Member
    I'm loving the pack so far. The items that we are voting for are all amazing in my opinion. Eco Living wasn't my top choice, but I'm really happy with how it has turned out and I'm super excited to buy it.

Laundry though? MHmm. It's not that I'm opposed to it, but I just don't see how it fits in with the theme. But it's not something Im opposed to either so its whatever.
  • Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    I wouldn't mind getting laundry at some point, but I don't think it goes for this SP at all
    21mbz47.jpg
  • AutumnBladenAutumnBladen Posts: 295 Member
    doesnt seem like laundry is going to be included with what items were in the voting
  • Savage_Patch_KiddSavage_Patch_Kidd Posts: 2,937 Member
    edited May 2017
    I think the laundry stuff is already there. The options we were given for the survey must be just extras that they couldn't decide which to keep & what to scrap. Alexis from SimsVIP had also stated that the reason they couldn't put everything that has been shown in the pack as it would bump the Stuff Pack from $20 to $40.
    tumblr_oy1xa2eHV31uvsi7jo2_1280.gif
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,106 Member
    doesnt seem like laundry is going to be included with what items were in the voting

There was an ironing board and other related items in the list so I haven't ruled it out.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • IrishAussieIrishAussie Posts: 63 Member
    I wouldn't mind getting laundry if other cool things were in the pack, however if it is a focus of the pack then that was a bad decision
    ~My level of sarcasm has gotten to point where I don't know if I'm kidding or not.~
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member

The gameplay objects are going to be decided by us, in the late June voting. Unless laundry doesn't get included in the voting at all- which would be surprising - if we decide laundry is one, it will be; if we decide it isn't, it won't be.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    I like the pack so far but I'm in no rush to add laundry to the roster. I avoid that enough in real life as it is.

Still, it's something to add to a chores list, right?
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Luuciia1Luuciia1 Posts: 71 Member
    I would really like laundry to be back. The game is already to utopian/happy/easy to earn money so to say, thus if you do not like to keep a check on your laundry your maid will do it for you anyways so it is ok ... but i think is a cute interaction which could bring so much feelings, positive vibes even negative if you used badly the washer machine or if its a cheap one ... dunno i think it can brings some nice gameplay
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,542 Member
    i think with the upcoming parenthood gamepack laundry is a must think about it sims kids dirty there clothes get lectured by there sims parents raise sims parents skills?
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Blaze_BardBlaze_Bard Posts: 93 Member
    I don't really care one way or the other about laundry, as long as it doesn't get in the way of doing other things that I want my Sims to do.
    "Good night -- even if you don't have a good knight." -- Ace Niles, Space Case
  • kayt45kayt45 Posts: 434 Member
    I wouldn't want laundry and when I voted for eco living laundry wasn't on my mind. I can honestly say that if laundry were the main feature of the pack I probably wouldn't buy it.
  • gummybear0724gummybear0724 Posts: 1,146 Member
    They could have made a pack about shelves and as long as it included laundry, that would win. I would have much rather us just get laundry in its own pack and get eco living later. Laundry isn't friendly unless you hand wash and air dry.
  • CandacisCandacis Posts: 186 Member
    I still don't understand what Eco Living has to do with laundry. Washing Machines are not eco-friendly. At all. That would be one confusing stuff pack.

For once I would like a stuff pack that has a clear overall theme and message, that you can find in CAS items, build/buy objects as well as in the gameplay feature.
    I hope, even if laundry wins, they will not choose it for this particular pack. I get that ppl want laundry, but just because you want it, doesn't mean it is the most fitting for this pack.
  • TilogyTilogy Posts: 19 Member
    I, for one am actually really excited that laundry will now be a thing. It adds more realism to the game, and I am a sucker for a realistic simulation. Though it may not be "Eco-friendly", I do think it's a strong addition. Especially with the new Parenthood pack, I feel like it'll be fun to make the children help out with the laundry and so-on. Yes, it's a chore, but it's a realistic chore that everyone has to deal with in real life. I'm just happy that the game is getting better and better. I am not at all disappointed by TS4 thus far.
  • ShadowmarkedShadowmarked Posts: 1,054 Member
    edited June 2017
    I, for one am actually really excited that laundry will now be a thing. It adds more realism to the game, and I am a sucker for a realistic simulation. Though it may not be "Eco-friendly", I do think it's a strong addition. Especially with the new Parenthood pack, I feel like it'll be fun to make the children help out with the laundry and so-on. Yes, it's a chore, but it's a realistic chore that everyone has to deal with in real life. I'm just happy that the game is getting better and better. I am not at all disappointed by TS4 thus far.

Pshh, I'll just become filthy rich and pay someone to do laundry or better yet throw out my cloths when they get old and buy new ones as I go.
    Until I have that money I've got a great mother who washes for me... :naughty: (I'm joking obviously, :) )

Seriously though I won't vote for it unless everything else there is unappealing cause I still am willing to sacrifice reality for less tidying up after my sims. Also laundry is not very eco, but I'll be honest I expected eco to win not because it was eco but because of laundry so I'm not a upset by the fact the pack will be non eco friendly because I din't think it would be. Obviously others did want an eco pack though and I get them feeling a little put out because of laundry being in an eco pack.
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,439 Member
    I could totally do without laundry. BUT.... I wouldn't mind seeing a functional, old-fashioned washboard and tub in this pack. ;)
    #Team Occult
  • davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    edited June 2017
    MissCherie wrote: »
    It's not that I don't want laundry, I was just hoping it would come in a pack like CL or a family pack, I feel like it's hold hostage, but people are so happy to finally get it that they don't even realize it.

And I hate being pessimist, but it's a SP, people gonna vote on laundry being the main feature of the pack for sure, so don't expect much eco-friendly items or they most likely won't have interactions or animations.

I just find it funny cause laundry isn't eco-friendly, the only eco-freindly thing is if you dry your clothes on a line outside, and if they decide to do that great, but it will be like the animation/interaction to wash the clothes in the machine, than the sim picking the wet clothes, bringing them outside, putting them on the line to dry, than taking them back when they are dry to got put them in the closet, which okay could be nice, but then it's a lot of new animations/interactions, so don't expect the solar panel to have much animations, it will probably just be an item with a mood buff for being ecologic (+1 happy).

I don't feel like laundry and eco-friendly are fitting, I have the feeling that the people that voted for that theme for eco-friendly technologies might be disappointed, and people that voted for that theme for laundry will be happy cause they will get what they want, but we'll see.

I agree; there is nothing eco friendly about laundry if you don't use a wash board, wringer washer, and the clothes line. You say at the end that people will just get laundry to get what they want, but if it isn't eco friendly then the team won't add it. There was the choice between laundry/everyday appliances and country eco and country eco won, so if the team sticks to the main idea of country eco then washing machines will have to come in a pack later. Also the main features will have to be voted on and even if laundry made it, the majority of simmers in the whole voting process voted on something else besides laundry, which means there are more simmers out there voting nonlaundry then those who want it, which is why the country theme won. Those wanting dangerous stuff, which almost beat the eco pack and all the ones who voted for other things were left with only eco choices to choose from and not wanting laundry swung the vote to country eco. If something cool was offered like canning, then laundry would be left to another pack down the line. Canning fits eco and washing machines/dryers don't fit in the pack at all if you keep with the country eco theme.

Like several simmers, the idea of loads of clothes on the floors and spending two hours doing laundry doesn't appeal at all. It takes too much time in the sims to use the bathroom, take a shower, eat ect. It is so annoying how much time some things take. My sims don't have time to enjoy other things with mudane tasks taking up too much time and laundry would be just one more. I personally wouldn't mind a clothes line and a wash board for a start to laundry, but if the team is to keep with the theme of eco country then laundro mats and machines could never be added. Country lends to old, poor, wooden feel, ect. and eco means good for the environment and those are facts that those wanting machines won't address; they just don't fit in this pack. At some point, I wouldn't mind to have the machines even if we get a clothes line/wash board with this pack. I did always want a wringer washer <3 in Sims 3. But since country eco won and I didn't get my dangerous stuff pack <3 , I really want the items in this pack to stay true to the name and what it means and that is eco friendly with a country feel/look. :)

Well, I just saw where they responded that a guru confirmed a choice would be laundry, so to keep within the boundries of the country eco friendly theme, I hope it is clothes lines, washing board, or wringer washer. otherwise Miss Cherie you will be right and they will be added just to make those wanting laundry happy regardless of them not being eco friendly or fitting the country feel that was voted on and won. I guess we will have to wait and see.
    Post edited by davina1221 on
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member

Interesting... So it not certain that laundry will be in the pack. Really looking forward to the next vote! Since we don't know the gameplay items yet I have no idea what I will vote for.
  • SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    The only reason I picked it as my first choice was for laundry, and I'm pretty sure others did the same so...
  • superkyle221superkyle221 Posts: 1,119 Member
    The only reason I picked eco living as my first choice was because of solar energy, repurposed objects, and crafting opportunities, and I'm pretty sure others did the same so...
    I don't remember how to change my signature.
  • heatherXkittyheatherXkitty Posts: 307 Member
    I actually really want laundry, but I'm not desprate. I don't plan to vote for laundry. Washer/dryers aren't eco friendly. I want a proper eco pack.

Besides, laundry should be its own pack. The devs could do laundry in a really great way if it's in its own pack. Being in an eco pack would be terrible because I doubt a lot will be done for it. It won't be fleshed out in a way that will make people happy and everyone will just complain anyways for not getting enough for it. If laundry was voted in, it will most likely be a very small part of the pack.

I think people shouldn't vote laundry for this pack since most of them will end up complaint about it anyways.
    banner_3.jpg?w=1200
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,542 Member
    I actually really want laundry, but I'm not desprate. I don't plan to vote for laundry. Washer/dryers aren't eco friendly. I want a proper eco pack.

Besides, laundry should be its own pack. The devs could do laundry in a really great way if it's in its own pack. Being in an eco pack would be terrible because I doubt a lot will be done for it. It won't be fleshed out in a way that will make people happy and everyone will just complain anyways for not getting enough for it. If laundry was voted in, it will most likely be a very small part of the pack.

I think people shouldn't vote laundry for this pack since most of them will end up complaint about it anyways.

well i will be voting for laundry the day of the vote and what will you do if laundry wins?
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(