Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Who does NOT want laundry?

Comments

• TheLibrarySimTheLibrarySim Posts: 966 Member
    I don't want laundry and I'll vote for something else when the time comes. But I won't complain when it wins.
    Besides, there'll be so much other cool stuff in this pack that I'll gladly buy it on the first day.
    7mQr8Yt.jpg
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    well my vote is going for laundry because i find its a must have for me for my gameplay style in game and i have a feeling laundry will win for sure so when the time to vote comes i am voting for laundry to be added
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Sp1k3_Th3_B1g_B4dSp1k3_Th3_B1g_B4d Posts: 12 New Member
    I'm typically a boring person, and have always liked the little things. Especially in the sims 3. But since the sims 3 has generations, it just wouldn't be the same. Instead of Buffy and Spike making out in the graveyard, they are simply doing laundry.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    People may not want laundry in their game but you know what, they will want a new hairstyle etc. So they will wind up buying and not putting a machine on their Sim's lot. So, it really doesn't matter as we all buy this stuff for other reasons other than what it was intended to do. Look how many bought Vampires for the furniture and hair etc. And they hate vampires. So, in the end it really isn't worth asking as they will buy anyway.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • NectereNectere Posts: 1,002 Member
    I dont want to be required to do laundry.
    Mods should enhance my game, not fix it.
    Origin ID NectereSim
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member

I would like to see laundry in my game to give it a try at least. Don't see myself doing it daily with my sims, rather I will use it for specific spring cleaning or something like that. Like having it in the game but doesn't need to much focus. As long as it is more than a happy buff provider.

However I am much more interested in composters and solar panels! Or making DYI crafting. So for me the best outcome would be focus on green tech and then a bit of laundry on the side.
  • glassgirl64glassgirl64 Posts: 1 New Member
    I didn't care for laundry in Sims3 at all. Too much like a chore and piles of laundry everywhere. I would love the canning station that someone mentioned earlier. Sounds like it would be similar to the wine making I did in Sim3 where we grew all kinds of grapes and mixed with different fruits to make expensive wine. With a canning station it would make gardening more fun and definitely eco friendly.
  • LiseeLouLiseeLou Posts: 1 New Member
    I would love to see the return on butter churns and bee houses, like in the Sims Makin' Magic.
  • Feedinghissheep3Feedinghissheep3 Posts: 92 Member
    Sure, why not!
  • NephilimNephilim Posts: 64 Member
    laundry basket for toddlers, it would be nice if it's a part-time requirement to wash their clothes.
  • catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    Don't like eco pack idea at all. I want activities, pool table, swing set, arcade items.
  • heatherXkittyheatherXkitty Posts: 307 Member
    I really want laundry in the game, but not in eco friendly. Washer and dryers are definitely not eco friendly at all.
    banner_3.jpg?w=1200
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    catitude5 wrote: »
    Don't like eco pack idea at all. I want activities, pool table, swing set, arcade items.
    Add to those: model train layout, radio controlled cars, pottery wheels, flower crafting station, robot crafting station, sewing table, repairable junk car (all in Sims2); little pond for radio controlled boats and feeding the fish (both available at the little shack nearby, along with picnic basket - this in Sims1).

• PerunaPeruna Posts: 101 Member
    I'll admit that it does confuse me a little to see so many people want laundry back so strongly. Granted, I skipped straight from TS1 to TS4 and therefore haven't done laundry in a sims game ever, but I personally don't see what's so exciting about another chore. But like I said, I didn't play TS3 so I'm probably not allowed to have an opinion about it, haha. I do hope it's an optional activity so I can choose which of my households (if any) do it, seeing as my teen sim living alone barely has time for anything besides homework after school as it is, an additional chore system would probably kill her!
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Peruna wrote: »
    I'll admit that it does confuse me a little to see so many people want laundry back so strongly. Granted, I skipped straight from TS1 to TS4 and therefore haven't done laundry in a sims game ever, but I personally don't see what's so exciting about another chore. But like I said, I didn't play TS3 so I'm probably not allowed to have an opinion about it, haha. I do hope it's an optional activity so I can choose which of my households (if any) do it, seeing as my teen sim living alone barely has time for anything besides homework after school as it is, an additional chore system would probably kill her!

I'm hoping that it will be an optional object that you put in the house that triggers it. That way I can use it every now and then. Springcleaning, moving to a new house. That sort of thing. I don't see myself using it daily because between jobs, friends and skills there isn't too much time left. But having it every now and then would be nice. Like when we get seasons, before getting the summer clothes I lean everything.
  • TMcAuley91TMcAuley91 Posts: 13 New Member
    Personally I do want laundry if done right
    I like the idea of having new traits eco warrior and eco enemy (or something like that) and a modern washer and drier and a more eco friendly version (i.e. Hand wash and line dry)
    Which one you use could tie in with the traits so a negative moodlet for a eco enemy using a hand wash or a positive moodlet for using the modern one and vice versa for the eco friend trait. Also tie in with the neat and slob traits, neat get a positive moodlet for doing laundry and negative when they don't etc.
    I also agree with other comments here a laundry skill so that bad things happen at low levels would be awesome adds some more realism to the game play.

I get that some people don't want the realism that this brings but I think it could be really done well.

I would like to see composting as well as new off grid ways of living (but not the entire pack that be too much)
  • TheSpotted_CTheSpotted_C Posts: 293 Member
    Honestly, I wouldn't mind laundry being in the game. But for those who don't want it, I'd expect it to be an option like in Sims 3 where if you don't place it in your world, you wouldn't need to worry about it. But it would be cool for those laundry liner things that go outside, and if you left them out in the rain, they'd get damp or ruined in some way.

The bolded is what I'm hoping. I had nothing to do with laundry in TS3, and I want nothing to do with laundry in TS4. As long as it's optional, it shouldn't be a problem.
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    Peruna wrote: »

Always welcomed to have an opinion on it.

I personally never cared for it or saw the need in laundry in a sims game. I see it as adding some immersion in the game with story telling other than that not much else. XD RIP for adults having to do their laundry and their kids laundry, plus cleaning up after them. If we get a washer and dryer (via this pack or through a patch) I'm pretty sure it's gonna be an item that'll break down (much like everything else in my sims home lol).

I have one in my game, but purely for decorating purposes, which is fine. Considering how often my sims changes clothes I'm probably gonna leave the clothes on the ground ha~ I have a sim that likes leaving empty glasses EVERYWHERE in my game, especially in the bathroom when he drinks in the tub.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • bluelightingbluelighting Posts: 704 Member
    I definitely don't want laundry back. I hated it in sims 3 took way to much time from having fun. the best thing about it was when I found out if there are no washers there's no clothes strung all over the house. so yeah that is something id never use again.
  • StormsviewStormsview Posts: 2,603 Member
    I am sure I voted for Laundry. All Sims games are about real life. So that fits well. Also, most sims players have a family life and that's so part of family life. I am not sure how they plan to do laundry for the city. but would be cute to build a Laundry mat. so that sims can go and pay to wash their clothes. I think it's a perfect add to our games.
    we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
    Who said EA doesn't have a sense of humor
    > @catitude5 said:
    > Don't like eco pack idea at all. I want activities, pool table, swing set, arcade items.
    we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
    > @aaronrulz said:
    > There is nothing about this pack that excites me. Sounds extremely boring. I'm sure I'll buy it anyway for the extra buy/build items and CAS though. haha.

That is a good point. you will buy the pack for the buy/build items, ( So why don't they just make build packs, or Building packs,) it's so many players that just love to build and share. So build packs is something we most defiantly need.
    > @catitude5 said:
    > Don't like eco pack idea at all. I want activities, pool table, swing set, arcade items.

We really do need swing sets. kids love them. and how can we have parks without them for so long. a pool table is also a good idea... Eco-friendly literally means earth-friendly or not harmful to the environment, so ok that's so easy for them to just say this washer/dryer is eco-friendly, or one is not so much. I hope that they just be reasonable with it. This is not the dark ages so it should not take all day. If they make it easier players would enjoy it.The sims days are too short as it is. Now I love cute Laundry rooms. :)
  • Simsfan99111Simsfan99111 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Batman wrote: »
    I voted eco-friendly as number one.

But to be honest, I don't see how laundry fits into that theme. And I personally hated having laundry in sims. It was such a chore, and the piles of dirty clothes everywhere... yuck!

What are other great ideas focused on the environment and sustainability?
    • Solar panels = reduced bills
    • Compost = better plants, new plants?
    • water wheel
    • wind turbines
    • lots of new plants (interior and exterior)
    • tools for green houses, eco farming
    • green walls (plant walls)
    • more small/compact items for "tiny living"
    • ??

I'm sure there are a lot of other great ideas besides laundry. Let's take some time to explore those options too, and really think about what eco-living looks like! Because consuming a lot of power and water on laundry isn't really eco-friendly....

I think those ideas fit the theme of eco living much better than a washing machine does but I really want laundry.
  • superkyle221superkyle221 Posts: 1,119 Member
    I don't really understand why laundry is something people want... I didn't have Sims 3 so I guess I didn't realize it was popular there, but I hate doing laundry in real life, I hate having to clean the house every day for my sims as it is, so I don't know why I'd want to help out there.

If it's just optional, and that's the only feature included, I don't really see the point in buying the stuff pack at all.
    I don't remember how to change my signature.