Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Who does NOT want laundry?

I voted eco-friendly as number one.

But to be honest, I don't see how laundry fits into that theme. And I personally hated having laundry in sims. It was such a chore, and the piles of dirty clothes everywhere... yuck!

What are other great ideas focused on the environment and sustainability?
  • Solar panels = reduced bills
  • Compost = better plants, new plants?
  • water wheel
  • wind turbines
  • lots of new plants (interior and exterior)
  • tools for green houses, eco farming
  • green walls (plant walls)
  • more small/compact items for "tiny living"
  • ??

I'm sure there are a lot of other great ideas besides laundry. Let's take some time to explore those options too, and really think about what eco-living looks like! Because consuming a lot of power and water on laundry isn't really eco-friendly....

Comments

• Options
    JaseJase Posts: 2,147 Member
    While the Eco Living SP was next to last on my list, I really like some of your ideas and would be interested to adding them to my game. I really like the idea of solar panels and wind turbines to reduce the household's monthly bills; along with the compost to help fertilize and possibly make new and/or higher quality plants. :)

Personally, I just really hope this SP is more than just a laundry pack.
  • Options
    aaronrulzaaronrulz Posts: 4,098 Member
    There is nothing about this pack that excites me. Sounds extremely boring. I'm sure I'll buy it anyway for the extra buy/build items and CAS though. haha.
  • Options
    fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member
    To be honest OP I don't see how laundry fits in to an eco-friendly pack either. Unless they go full hand wash and line dry it doesn't make much sense. I never use it much in the sims 3 so if they do add to the sims 4 I won't be using it much either. I would love to see solar panels and wind turbines as well.
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
  • Options
    MissCherieMissCherie Posts: 408 Member
    It's not that I don't want laundry, I was just hoping it would come in a pack like CL or a family pack, I feel like it's hold hostage, but people are so happy to finally get it that they don't even realize it.

And I hate being pessimist, but it's a SP, people gonna vote on laundry being the main feature of the pack for sure, so don't expect much eco-friendly items or they most likely won't have interactions or animations.

I just find it funny cause laundry isn't eco-friendly, the only eco-freindly thing is if you dry your clothes on a line outside, and if they decide to do that great, but it will be like the animation/interaction to wash the clothes in the machine, than the sim picking the wet clothes, bringing them outside, putting them on the line to dry, than taking them back when they are dry to got put them in the closet, which okay could be nice, but then it's a lot of new animations/interactions, so don't expect the solar panel to have much animations, it will probably just be an item with a mood buff for being ecologic (+1 happy).

I don't feel like laundry and eco-friendly are fitting, I have the feeling that the people that voted for that theme for eco-friendly technologies might be disappointed, and people that voted for that theme for laundry will be happy cause they will get what they want, but we'll see.
    gCQKjq4.png
  • Options
    TheLibrarySimTheLibrarySim Posts: 966 Member
    I'm not a big fan of laundry, but I'm excited to be a part of the process, and I know there'll be other stuff in this pack that I'll love.
    7mQr8Yt.jpg
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    i disagree with the first post for me laundry is a must have in the game even build in my sims home a laundry room
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    edited April 2017
    When I voted I did it mostly for the solar panels, but afterwards I've realized I don't really need bills to be reduced. For compost and greenhouse I would rather have them once we have seasons with leaves and different temperatures. I think those are important for the functionality.

I've never had laundry in sims so it would be a new thing for me. I'm curious about it, but wanting it depends completely on how it's done. The canning station suggestion seems like the most usable idea this far.
  • Options
    DesertSimmer1971DesertSimmer1971 Posts: 498 Member
    i disagree with the first post for me laundry is a must have in the game even build in my sims home a laundry room

I can respect that you see laundry as "realism" and therefore a "must have" For me, I don't want chores in my game. If laundry is put in the game, I would only consider it if there was a little entertainment value instead of having it in the game for the sake of cleaning. I want it to be lighthearted instead of a mundane task in the game that ends up being another annoying feature with piles of clothes everywhere, and sims being stuck for hours doing laundry. Monster under the bed was a cute idea, but every time you sim child goes to bed, they wake up the whole house. Those lights don't work to stop them.

If you played sims 3, you know that laundry was a neat idea, but it got old really quick with all the clothes everywhere. I want you to have your "realism", but I also don't want it to be the only feature in a pack that is so annoying that I will use it once and feel like I wasted money cause I will never use it again. So be willing to compromise a little and be open to making laundry a little more light-hearted and entertaining.

I posted ideas in: My ideas for Laundry and Top Loader vs Front Loader.
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    MissCherie wrote: »
    It's not that I don't want laundry, I was just hoping it would come in a pack like CL or a family pack, I feel like it's hold hostage, but people are so happy to finally get it that they don't even realize it.

And I hate being pessimist, but it's a SP, people gonna vote on laundry being the main feature of the pack for sure, so don't expect much eco-friendly items or they most likely won't have interactions or animations.

I just find it funny cause laundry isn't eco-friendly, the only eco-freindly thing is if you dry your clothes on a line outside, and if they decide to do that great, but it will be like the animation/interaction to wash the clothes in the machine, than the sim picking the wet clothes, bringing them outside, putting them on the line to dry, than taking them back when they are dry to got put them in the closet, which okay could be nice, but then it's a lot of new animations/interactions, so don't expect the solar panel to have much animations, it will probably just be an item with a mood buff for being ecologic (+1 happy).

I don't feel like laundry and eco-friendly are fitting, I have the feeling that the people that voted for that theme for eco-friendly technologies might be disappointed, and people that voted for that theme for laundry will be happy cause they will get what they want, but we'll see.

I completely agree with this.

I also don't really want a lot of chores in the game, that's boring. It's not exciting in real life why do I want to watch my poor sim do a pile of laundry or ironing? I know the arguement is realism but come on, this is a game that when your house goes on fire your sim either puts its out automatically or they catch fire. No fire fighters. This is the same game where you don't pay your bills and the repo man will never come and there no burglars or npc police. So the realism arguement doesn't work with me I'm afraid.
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    edited April 2017
    Can I add that I definitely don't want ironing. I've ironed my own clothes maybe three times in my life. I don't know anyone in Finland who would iron their clothes regularly (normally just formal wear). I realize this is not the same for all countries, but in my opinion it's something to consider aside of all the extra animations that ironing would require.

People I know don't have dryers either. I would actually like a clothesline, but from the game point of view a dryer would be much more doable than a clothesline. Still... the washer could well be two in one, so a separate dryer is not even necessary (as a dryer noob I did some research and found out those are a thing).
  • Options
    RavenWildeRavenWilde Posts: 37 New Member
    I also do not particularly care for laundry... I got bored with it fairly quickly in Sims 3 and then just got annoyed that it was another chore my Sims had to do instead of having time for things like building SimBots or WooHooing all her neighbors. After a while I just stopped adding washers and dryers to my homes and never looked back.

I'm excited for the other possibilities though, especially if they enhance gardening in anyway.
  • Options
    SimsLovingMama1991SimsLovingMama1991 Posts: 8 New Member
    When I voted for the Eco Friendly pack i had no clue the theme was LAUNDRY. I was picturing furniture like loft beds with usable seats or desks underneath, or making building items you could use to make a tiny eco friendly house. Bunkbeds would be an amazing addition. Any kind of loft bed where objects couls maybe go underneath? I also was hoping for solar panels, composting abilities, and if laundry, would be a easier process than in real life. Maids could also do it. I was picturing a more green theme with eco friendly appliances and furniture, as well as compact minimalist items.

Really hoping to at least see some of these things in the pack. Hoping its not just Laundry or I would have voted for the dangerous pack.
  • Options
    Goth583Goth583 Posts: 1,203 Member
    I don't want laundry at all, BUT I wouldn't mind them adding a laundry lot. I think a laundry-mat would be interesting because you could have more sims around to chat with, and I could see that being a fun thing. However, having laundry and just having machines in their houses, no. I hated the piles of laundry when they would change outfits. It was annoying.
    https://originalsimmer.blogspot.com - Check out my current TS4 Legacy!
  • Options
    DominicLaurenceDominicLaurence Posts: 3,398 Member
    I wouldn't mind having laundry if it was part of something bigger. But I'm surely not spending money just to have this.
    ID: StGerris
    Legacy Photomode
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,866 Member
    Movotti wrote: »
    I don't want laundry added at the expense of actual eco friendly stuff.
    Laundry won't add anything to my game.

This is the only eco friendly washing machine I will accept.
    bike-washing-machine4.jpg

Lol, are you posting that pic in every thread? :)
  • Options
    MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member

>.>
    I don't know what you're talking about.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,866 Member

>.>
    I don't know what you're talking about.

Okay. :p
  • Options
    TriplisTriplis Posts: 3,048 Member
    I don't think there's much chance we wouldn't get laundry. There's a lot of demand for it and this is probably the only opportunity the sims team is going to have to fit it in cleanly (hah... cleanly... like cleaning laundry).

I'm not real into it, but I fully expect it to happen and I wouldn't say a big no to it either.
    Mods moved from MTS, now hosted at: https://triplis.github.io
  • Options
    Nomiko13Nomiko13 Posts: 1,497 Member
    I want laundry, but I definitely agree that I wouldn't want that to be the main focus. I'd love for other items to be added as well.
    ▼add/follow▼
    ●【youtube】【 sims 3 page】【gallery】●

mario_10.jpg
    ●|| free items | daily deals | cascades |thank you ||●
    ▲still waiting on sims 4 generations▲
    ▶owner of the store since 9/21/2017◀
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member
    Can someone tell me what's so fun about laundry in the sims? I didn't play TS3 by the way, so I don't know what it's like.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    MissMahooMissMahoo Posts: 208 Member
    How is laundry eco friendly? If it came in a family style pack, I would kind of get it, but with this..My brain can't compute.
  • Options
    Erica87Erica87 Posts: 743 Member
    I'd prefer all of the options you listed to laundry but wouldn't have an issue if laundry was in it.
    CURRENTLY PLAYING: Forum mafias & Minecraft, mainly.
    Taking a break from the sims for a while!
  • Options
    Savage_Patch_KiddSavage_Patch_Kidd Posts: 2,937 Member
    Bro I love you so much Bruce Wayne :bawling:

& yeah I'm not fond of doing chores in a game. I'd rather fight crime & punch stuff.

Plus I don't really see how laundry is eco friendly unless you cut down water consumption ect. It just looks weird to me from a game-play perspective, but that's just me anyway I guess. Just feels like this stuff should be put in a family themed pack.

For eco I just think it would be more rad to have things that cut down living costs, sustainable & maybe a little bit of gardening aspects. But then again it's an SP & shouldn't really expect much.
    tumblr_oy1xa2eHV31uvsi7jo2_1280.gif
  • Options
    iTamcakesiTamcakes Posts: 57 Member
    I personally don't see the connection between eco-friendly and adding laundry either. But I must admit that I did like laundry in the Sims 3. If I remember correctly, clean laundry gave your sim a happy moodlet? I just loved that, I love smelling clean laundry in real life as well.

I do like your other ideas much better!
    Es7pflm.png