The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My horse never try to jump

JeansooJeansoo Posts: 3,606 Member
Hello, I've practiced jumping with my horse. His jumping skill is 8. He can jump only the lowest obstacle. How can I make him jump the higher one? Should he complete the jumping skill to do that? Also he has agile trait as well but he reached to level 8 jumping the lowest ones only. I'm getting tired of that lowest ones. My sim's riding skill is 10. His horse's racing skill is 10.

Comments

• Rococo1256Rococo1256 Posts: 233 Member
    I'm not sure if this will help, but have you tried making him practice jumping without your Sim riding him? Take control of the horse itself and ask him to jump. Also, try to jump in a large space with multiple jumps set up, and make sure that there is nothing blocking the jump. If it's a small space, sometimes the horse doesn't want to jump. What other traits does your horse have? Some horses are more stubborn than others. Please let me know if you have any more questions.
    I am GreenRocket on the Gallery.
  • JeansooJeansoo Posts: 3,606 Member
    Rococo1256 wrote: »
    I'm not sure if this will help, but have you tried making him practice jumping without your Sim riding him? Take control of the horse itself and ask him to jump. Also, try to jump in a large space with multiple jumps set up, and make sure that there is nothing blocking the jump. If it's a small space, sometimes the horse doesn't want to jump. What other traits does your horse have? Some horses are more stubborn than others. Please let me know if you have any more questions.

Thanks for the help. Looked like a glitch. Actually, my horse completed jumping skill alone without my human sim in Sunlit Tides. His traits are fast, agile, noisy, brave and piggy icon. I moved to Appaloosa, and he does jumping course practice perfectly with my human sim. So I think it was a glitch. It's not a routing bug because the horse training lot was the exactly the same EA's one in Sunlit Tides too. So my horse has NO problem with jumping now.:D

By the way, is there a good idea to let my horses nap in the same place? My horse got a unicorn in Appaloosa. He bred with unicorn and got a male foal. Whenever my mommy unicorn goes into the stall for nap, my unicorn foal shows the moodlet, "where's my mummy' just out of the stall his mommy is in. I removed all the stalls in shed and just ask them take a nap in shed without stall, then they come out of the shed and try to get into my human sim's living room door. I found I need to break one side of walls entirely, then they will take a nap in shed, but I want them to stay in the place surrounded by walls completely. I don't mind any user mods if it's possible. Thanks.

• Rococo1256Rococo1256 Posts: 233 Member
    Hello,

I'm sorry, I don't understand what you are saying. Do you mean that you want all three to sleep in the shed together without stalls? I don't think that's possible. I think that two horses can be together in one stall, and the foal should always be in the same stall as its mom, or it will get frightened or lonely.

I don't know about mods, I never used them in the Sims 3. Maybe someone else knows more about horse related mods than I do.

Sims 3 horses are fun but a lot of work, kind of like real horses!
    I am GreenRocket on the Gallery.
  • JeansooJeansoo Posts: 3,606 Member
    Rococo1256 wrote: »
    Hello,

I'm sorry, I don't understand what you are saying. Do you mean that you want all three to sleep in the shed together without stalls? I don't think that's possible. I think that two horses can be together in one stall, and the foal should always be in the same stall as its mom, or it will get frightened or lonely.

I don't know about mods, I never used them in the Sims 3. Maybe someone else knows more about horse related mods than I do.

Sims 3 horses are fun but a lot of work, kind of like real horses!

Yes you understood correctly. But I finally, succeeded to place them all without stalls in barn. I learned they cannot go sleep without stalls in indoor. So I removed the walls in one side. And I set the place in the barn as their favorite sleeping spots. Then they were able to go sleep. But my barn didn't look so nice with 3 sided walls only. So I placed the stalls back in after my foal got a birthday. :) Thanks for the reply.