Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Bohemian Garden, Stones' Throw, or Brunch at the Old Mill?

I have 1692 Simpoints, almost 300 of which I got just from watching ads the other night (would've been double that if half the ads had actually worked lol).

I'm sooooo close to 3 of the sets on my wish list, but will only be picking one (for now). So my question is for people who own those sets:

1) what do you like about the one(s) you have?
2) which one would you recommend?

Oddly enough. I don't do a ton of gardening in most saves. But a recurring/favourite Sim of mine is a witch/alchemist with the Green Thumb trait, so it makes sense for her to have at least one of these. In the past, I'd either feed her produce to her horses or use it for her potions, but the canning station from Old Mill has the potential to be interesting too... Decisions, decisions.

Thanks in advance for any input/suggestions.

-von
I own the store, as of 12/16/17!| Thank you | Friends?| DD Rotation & Sales Help

anigif_enhanced-19003-1450118526-12.gif

Comments

• KevinL5275KevinL5275 Posts: 2,489 Member
    They will be coming up on the daily deals so you can get them cheaper.

I do use gardening so that's what I would go with.
    I'm a 48 year old married man, with a beautiful wife, a cat, and a simverted personality.My Sims 3 Pictures
  • Dusty_BootsDusty_Boots Posts: 236 Member
    imho I'd go with the Greenhouse. Its got a lot of gardening activity & items to offer. The building parts are pretty awesome, too! C'mon, who wouldn't want a Dancing Sunflower that drives Zombies crazy?! :D
  • lauravonawesomelauravonawesome Posts: 2,905 Member
    Thanks for your input, guys & gals :)

I love the sunflower and I hate zombies... but I play with lunar phases disabled lol. Never thought of that. But I might see if either of them comes up on DD or MMAO.
    I own the store, as of 12/16/17!| Thank you | Friends?| DD Rotation & Sales Help

• KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,920 Member
    edited April 2017
    The sun's are worth 100 simoleans each if you sell them before they start to degrade. They eventually vanish altogether. They are meant to be used as fertiliser in the composter of the Swift Grow Gardening station.

I put the greenhouse lot in all my games. I add humble harvest stands to it so my Sims can consign their harvestables there too.

At the srart of a game you can send a sim there to collect Suns and seeds. Sell the suns and sell or consign the seeds. Gives you plenty of simoleans to build a nice house or buy some stuff for your household.
    Karritz wrote: »
    The sun's are worth 100 simoleans each if you sell them before they start to degrade. They eventually vanish altogether. They are meant to be used as fertiliser in the composter of the Swift Grow Gardening station.

I put the greenhouse lot in all my games. I add humble harvest stands to it so my Sims can consign their harvestables there too.

At the srart of a game you can send a sim there to collect Suns and seeds. Sell the suns and sell or consign the seeds. Gives you plenty of simoleans to build a nice house or buy some stuff for your household.

That night be an idea... I already have the AL Fresco Street Market, so consigning harvestables is definitely an option.

Are you referring to the PvZ sunflowers?

• KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,920 Member
    edited April 2017
    The dancing sunflower that comes with the greenhouse makes sun's that your sim can collect and sell or use as fertiliser. Also gives most Sims a positive moodlet while they have a sun in their inventory. It is the P v Z sunflower.
    The dancing sunflower that comes with the greenhouse makes sun's that your sim can collect and sell or use as fertiliser. Also gives most Sims a positive moodlet while they have a sun in their inventory. It is the P v Z sunflower.

Ah, I see~ didn't know that, and it's pretty cool. Thanks!

• KevinL5275KevinL5275 Posts: 2,489 Member

That moodlet also works to increase your baby's or toddler's mood so they can start gaining lifetime happiness points for when they're a child. But don't use it on a vampire baby, as they don't like sun. :)
    Just drag and drop a sun over to your baby/toddler's inventory, and enjoy that +40 mood!

I'm a 48 year old married man, with a beautiful wife, a cat, and a simverted personality.My Sims 3 Pictures
    Thanks for the tip @KevinL5275 :)

• lasummerblasummerb Posts: 2,761 Member
    I have them all, but I will say BG because of the produce that comes with it. I had that set before I got the greenhouse and the old mill.
    @lasummerb i hope to own them all as well~ i managed to snag stones' throw for super cheap on the dd and, thanks to some very generous gifts, bohemian garden and old mill will both be free when they come up on the daily deal, so i'll manage to get them all for a fraction of the cost. :)

i love the furniture etc. that comes with bohemian garden. and one of my favourite sims is a gardener, so that will be great for her.

• lasummerblasummerb Posts: 2,761 Member
    @lauravonawesome Cool! I paid full price for BG and the OM, before I started doing the daily deal/gifting thing last year. I got the greenhouse for free. I absolutely love farming and gardening in TS3. With all the farming content, you'll have so much fun.
  • siminscsiminsc Posts: 854 Member
    Where do you find the Sunflower in but mode?
    siminsc wrote: »
    Where do you find the Sunflower in but mode?

If you're sorting by room: Outdoors>Outdoor Activities
    Sorting by function: Decor>Plants or Misc. Decor

Hope this helps :)