Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EA, you can make TS4 better!

Comments

• Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited April 2017
    I have one good idea:

Starting work on TS5 and bringing in the best of The Sims from the past 17 years :smile:

:+1::+1::+1:
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    So now, we have toddlers. What missing :
    Open World
    Wheel of colors
    Better baby
    Better kids
    Better teenagers
    Better senior
    Cars
    Swim in the lake
    basically it's not too much. They can fix this.
    - Open world : it's not a big problem, TS2 had not open world
    - Wheel of colors : not a bug problem, the objects go well together
    - Better baby : EA you can improve the baby. I hope it's in Family GP
    - Better kids : Same that baby
    - Better teenagers : Same that baby
    - Better senior : Same that baby
    - Cars : in TS4 it's not very possible, but just cars in garage it's already good.
    - Swim in the lake : EA can make world in we can swim, so it's not a problem

If you see, finally for improve TS4 EA don't have many work. So please EA fix this. There is not need to complain always about TS4. For me it's not a argument to say ''Wheel of colors'', honestly, it's not this who's improve TS4... Now, i don't think TS4 is horrible.

EA, fix this for TS4 please.

Do you agree or not?

Half of those things, especially open world and cast won't happen ever.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    Open World - this will not happen in this version
    Wheel of colors - would be great but I doubt they will do it
    Better baby - I see no reason why they cannot improve the baby. Sims can carry toddlers around, so why not a baby? I would also like bits of hair choicez, clothing choices, crib choices etc
    Better kids - imo they have done kids pretty well, but it would be nice to have some extra activities and animations for them
    Better teenagers - teens are too grown up, they need to add a preteen stage but this will never happen
    Better senior - I'm ok with the current seniors
    Cars - this does not bother me, but it would be nice to get them as I know a lot of people want them.
    Swim in the lake - this would be awesome, we also need beaches and a swimmable sea
  • PegasysPegasys Posts: 1,135 Member
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    IY20052 wrote: »
    Leave Sims 4 alone, open world and CASt were features of Sims 3. Sims 4 is diffrent and should remain. I enjoy not dealing with the horrid lag created by both rendering the CASt and an open world. And Sims 4 kids in my opinion are some of the best.
    1. Don't worry, Sims 4 will never see open world nor CASt.
    2. CASt does not cause lag, let alone horrid lag. And open world doesn't cause lag either, poorly designed open worlds with bad routing do. Nobody asks for that.

CASt can slow things down in buy/build, at least for me on my PC. Not sure if that's technically lag, but I have found it slow while loading all the patterns and textures.
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited April 2017
    Pegasys wrote: »
    Leave Sims 4 alone, open world and CASt were features of Sims 3. Sims 4 is diffrent and should remain. I enjoy not dealing with the horrid lag created by both rendering the CASt and an open world. And Sims 4 kids in my opinion are some of the best.
    2. CASt does not cause lag, let alone horrid lag. And open world doesn't cause lag either, poorly designed open worlds with bad routing do. Nobody asks for that.

CASt can slow things down in buy/build, at least for me on my PC. Not sure if that's technically lag, but I have found it slow while loading all the patterns and textures.
    No, that's not lag and the comment I was reacting to referred to lag in playing mode ;) ('rendering CASt') I don't think CASt slows down things in buy/build either by the way. It's loading all the patterns that takes a lot of time, so that's rather caused by Sims 3 categorizing system, which indeed is much better in 4. Of course you can make that worse by saving recoloured patterns, so I never do that.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Uzone27Uzone27 Posts: 2,808 Member
    edited April 2017
    Pegasys wrote: »

@Pegasys
    Near the end I became very active with CAP and began uploading boatloads of patterns to my studio...I can attest ro the fact that this became a massive issue after a while.
    What you are describing is precisely what a lot of people mean by lag but they get called on the fact that it isn't technically lag (desynchronization) most likely to marginalize the complaint.
    It was a very time consuming issue.
  • MissCherieMissCherie Posts: 408 Member
    MissCherie wrote: »
    Open World
    Wheel of colors
    Better baby
    Better kids
    Better teenagers
    Better senior
    Cars
    Swim in the lake
    - Cars : in TS4 it's not very possible, but just cars in garage it's already good.

If you see, finally for improve TS4 EA don't have many work. So please EA fix this. There is not need to complain always about TS4. For me it's not a argument to say ''Wheel of colors'', honestly, it's not this who's improve TS4... Now, i don't think TS4 is horrible.

Do you agree or not?

So basically you want a better game, I can agree with that.

The issue is you say you want better babies, better teens, better everything, but you do not bring any suggestions or ideas on how to improve what you feel is lacking as you are not really saying what's lacking.

What's the issue with the babies, teens, elders, etc... in your opinion? How you think it could be improved? What and how do you wish they would improve all that list?

Baby, not like an object and can wash the baby ( i don't know if it can be say :joy: ), More activities for kids, teens with curfew and be rebel.

Okay so an option to bathe the babies.

What kind of activities for the kids, do you have any ideas?
    gCQKjq4.png
  • AstroAstro Posts: 6,651 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    Open World
    Wheel of colors
    Better baby
    Better kids
    Better teenagers
    Better senior
    Cars
    Swim in the lake

Do you agree or not?

I agree. But IMO since toddlers came back I think most people believe that other big things like CASt and open world could come back too. Which I don't think will happen. :shrug:

I'd like to be proved wrong but I won't hold my breath, lol.
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    Open World
    Wheel of colors
    Better baby
    Better kids
    Better teenagers
    Better senior
    Cars
    Swim in the lake

Do you agree or not?

So basically you want a better game, I can agree with that.

The issue is you say you want better babies, better teens, better everything, but you do not bring any suggestions or ideas on how to improve what you feel is lacking as you are not really saying what's lacking.

What's the issue with the babies, teens, elders, etc... in your opinion? How you think it could be improved? What and how do you wish they would improve all that list?

Baby, not like an object and can wash the baby ( i don't know if it can be say :joy: ), More activities for kids, teens with curfew and be rebel.

Okay so an option to bathe the babies.

What kind of activities for the kids, do you have any ideas?

Toboggans, swings, jump on the bed/couch, sandbox, do stupid things. It's not complicated. :smile:
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • ratsrbestratsrbest Posts: 579 Member
    @Jordan061102 - noooooooo. Not the dreaded jump on the bed.

Little horrors used to drive me nuts doing that in Sims 2 :)

If it must be brought back, let's at least give the adults the option to scold the kids for doing that. Better still, give them a thick ear.

I like the rest of your ideas.
    Don't feed the trolls
  • Renamed2002180839Renamed2002180839 Posts: 3,444 Member
    I agree that I would love to see all those things BUT I do not agree that it wouldn't be a lot of work. Open World/ Color Wheel/ and Swimming in the existing natural water sources would be A LOT OF WORK and A LOT OF TIME- lol. So, while it would be great to have the Sims 4 "better"- it would also be great to have EVERY game I play better and pretty much everything in my life, ha ha. Right now a lot of good stuff has arrived for the game and I think the current drive of the Maxis team is really promising. The first three months of this year might be the happiest I've been yet with the Sims 4. I'm taking a wait and see attitude for the time being.
    Astro wrote: »
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    Open World
    Wheel of colors
    Better baby
    Better kids
    Better teenagers
    Better senior
    Cars
    Swim in the lake

Do you agree or not?

I agree. But IMO since toddlers came back I think most people believe that other big things like CASt and open world could come back too. Which I don't think will happen. :shrug:

I'd like to be proved wrong but I won't hold my breath, lol.
    Toddlers were in the code from the very beginning; nothing indicates the same goes for open world and CASt though. So no, I wouldn't hold my breath either ;)
    5JZ57S6.png
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    kremesch73 wrote: »
    I have one good idea:

Starting work on TS5 and bringing in the best of The Sims from the past 17 years :smile:

rumour has it: they've already started working on it. What I've seen doesn't look promising though. It's really just screenshots of 4 with 'SIMS5!' smacked all over it. Obvious rumours.

Time will tell. If they are working on a new sequel, logic would dictate they've already started. I must admit I'm wary of what will come though. I honestly thought 4 would be everything 3 was not. One thing I learned: careful what you wish for.

Well let's hope that TS5 is everything that TS4 is not :wink:

Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
    I have one good idea:

rumour has it: they've already started working on it. What I've seen doesn't look promising though. It's really just screenshots of 4 with 'SIMS5!' smacked all over it. Obvious rumours.

Time will tell. If they are working on a new sequel, logic would dictate they've already started. I must admit I'm wary of what will come though. I honestly thought 4 would be everything 3 was not. One thing I learned: careful what you wish for.

Not agree. TS4 has good aspects. Sims looks real, not like TS3 where sims seems like robots.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    OK, maybe not open world, but BIGGER worlds isn't too much to ask. Or maybe a creat-a-world tool. One empty world is not gonna cut it. They could at least release more free worlds for people's use. It's just so limited in space that is feels cramped, especially with all of these stuff packs.

Since we have loading screens, they could have made the worlds much bigger and that's what I hope they do for sims5.
  • GoldenBuffyGoldenBuffy Posts: 4,025 Member
    I have one good idea:

Not agree. TS4 has good aspects. Sims looks real, not like TS3 where sims seems like robots.

I would have to disagree with you there. For you they may seem like robots, but for me they are not.
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• GoldenBuffyGoldenBuffy Posts: 4,025 Member
    catitude5 wrote: »
    OK, maybe not open world, but BIGGER worlds isn't too much to ask. Or maybe a creat-a-world tool. One empty world is not gonna cut it. They could at least release more free worlds for people's use. It's just so limited in space that is feels cramped, especially with all of these stuff packs.

Since we have loading screens, they could have made the worlds much bigger and that's what I hope they do for sims5.

Yes, they should have given us much larger worlds, and a way to add more lots if need be. But if we get a Sims 5, please no more loading screens and an open beautiful world.
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

I have one good idea:

Sims look real..? Where do you live? Where do people look like that?
    5JZ57S6.png
    I have one good idea:

I want say sims seems more real than sims on TS3. On TS3 they walk so weird.
    Lu4ERme.gif
    I have one good idea:

I want say sims seems more real than sims on TS3. On TS3 they walk so weird.
    Lol, you mean you ever saw people walking the way they walk in 4? I mean, not that it has to matter (it matters to me, I in fact like the way they walk in 3 because it's realistic and I prefer that, I realize not everybody does though), but sims in 4 are very far from real.
    5JZ57S6.png
    It's your point of view not problem, for me sims on TS3 are like robots, dot.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • CandydCandyd Posts: 1,261 Member
    edited April 2017
    And I find that sims in TS4 act theatrically, not realistically. If somebody moved and spoke the same way IRL, they'd be stared at as if they were nuts.
    So, to each their own... But at least, in TS3 sims don't exaggerate to death when they express how they feel. And personally, I greatly appreciate this.

Edit : corrected typo that changed my post's meaning
    Post edited by Candyd on
    Don't believe i say TS3 is damson. I just give my point of view about one things. But apparently I can't criticize TS3. But people who's play TS3, for criticize TS4, all are here. It's not correct. I prefer also TS3 that TS4, but I can criticize TS3 also. Anyway, I understand now. ''Criticize TS4 but don't talk badly about TS3''.
    Lu4ERme.gif
    edited April 2017
    Sims are robots, in all the games. Robots that find a way to crawl into our brain and heart and stop being robots there. The rest is preference.
    5JZ57S6.png