Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EA, you can make TS4 better!

Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
edited April 2017 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
So now, we have toddlers. What missing :
Open World
Wheel of colors
Better baby
Better kids
Better teenagers
Better senior
Cars
Swim in the lake
basically it's not too much. They can fix this.
- Open world : it's not a big problem, TS2 had not open world
- Wheel of colors : not a bug problem, the objects go well together
- Better baby : EA you can improve the baby. I hope it's in Family GP
- Better kids : Same that baby
- Better teenagers : Same that baby
- Better senior : Same that baby
- Cars : in TS4 it's not very possible, but just cars in garage it's already good.
- Swim in the lake : EA can make world in we can swim, so it's not a problem

If you see, finally for improve TS4 EA don't have many work. So please EA fix this. There is not need to complain always about TS4. For me it's not a argument to say ''Wheel of colors'', honestly, it's not this who's improve TS4... Now, i don't think TS4 is horrible.

EA, fix this for TS4 please.

Do you agree or not?
Lu4ERme.gif

Comments

• GruffmanGruffman Posts: 4,831 Member
    Do I agree or not.

No. I don't agree.
  • FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    No, I don't agree either. I don't see anything wrong in this game, it is different and that is how I play it.

I would like them to be able to swim in the lakes, but its not a deal breaker to me. Who knows, it could be patched in later, maybe when a vacation pack comes out?
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    edited April 2017
    It's what i say, i love TS4. I'm expressing myself badly, anyone don't understand myself.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    It's what i say, i love TS4. I'm expressing myself badly, anyone don't understand myself.

You gave your opinion and a good one. You did not express yourself badly either.

As far as your title goes, it could be a title for any of the series ;)
  • GruffmanGruffman Posts: 4,831 Member

You expressed yourself just fine, the post is very well written, just as @charlotteprice said. Your ending statement didn't convey that you wanted a discussion about it, you simply asked if people agree. My opinion does not match your list on most of the points, that is why I said no, I do not agree.
  • catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    I don't think they can do much with this game because of the way they made it.
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    No, I don't agree, because for me no open world is a problem (or rather, the way they handled it is) and no colour wheel/CASt is a huge problem for me as well. For one, objects don't go together well at all.

For me Sims 4 will always be an on the side game, nothing serious, I don't expect them to be able to fix the things that bother me most, because they're in there infinitely. That's ok, I'm just one simmer. And for people who don't have the issues with the game I have Sims 4 is there already.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    you're basically just saying to make everything better!
    not the best critique i'd have to say
    and i have no desire for open world on the ts4 engine
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • SimmeringBreeSimmeringBree Posts: 266 Member
    catitude5 wrote: »
    I don't think they can do much with this game because of the way they made it.

Exactly. They would have to scrap the game to make bigger improvements like swimming in rivers and open world.
  • kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    I have one good idea:

Starting work on TS5 and bringing in the best of The Sims from the past 17 years :smile:

rumour has it: they've already started working on it. What I've seen doesn't look promising though. It's really just screenshots of 4 with 'SIMS5!' smacked all over it. Obvious rumours.

Time will tell. If they are working on a new sequel, logic would dictate they've already started. I must admit I'm wary of what will come though. I honestly thought 4 would be everything 3 was not. One thing I learned: careful what you wish for.

Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • 5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    edited April 2017
    You've got the Cops, but NO ROBBERS! The Cops are useless once again!

Besides the Color Wheel, something (or in this case, someONE)

Can't get the text unbold v (not screaming all of it - just Bonehilda's name)

Bonehilda ! (a better functioning one than there was in TS3) She's as much of a part of the Sims series as Bella Goth, who deserves to be returned to the Sims series!
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
  • Donna6155Donna6155 Posts: 55 Member
    All you listed are fine to me. The babies in Sims 4 look better than the ones in Sims 2 or 3.
  • DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    Open World - will never happen in TS4
    Wheel of colors - will never happen in TS4
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • southwesternwitchsouthwesternwitch Posts: 61 Member
    OK, maybe not open world, but BIGGER worlds isn't too much to ask. Or maybe a creat-a-world tool. One empty world is not gonna cut it. They could at least release more free worlds for people's use. It's just so limited in space that is feels cramped, especially with all of these stuff packs.
  • GoldenBuffyGoldenBuffy Posts: 4,025 Member
    Sadly we can't have an open world in Sims 4 (one of the biggest mistakes they made with the game). i would love a color wheel as well, not sure if they can do that though. But I wonder if it would be possible to give us something similar, at least a way to recolor items in game. If they can give us some awesome toddlers, I think they can at least free the babies, and make them an actual lifestage again. I miss them being part of the family.

Aside from us being forced back into a shoe box with loading screens to play, they need to focus on making sims engaging again, right now they are so one dimensional, lack character, and are shallow. The over all game play is shallow, and they need to develop the sims themselves like they did with them in Sims 2. But at this point (well once they shipped the game) fixing core game issues is a no go. Hopefully they will correct these over sights in Sims 5, and we will have the game that we had expected with Sims 4.
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• AvaSims4080AvaSims4080 Posts: 810 Member
    I can live without some of these features, I will forget they even existed in months to come. This is because they are old features and I want new features. I completely want some of these requests in our game to liven it up, but some of these requests wouldn't work for TS4 at all. I'm rooting for new aspects in our gameplay, something that will blow us all away because we haven't seen it in one of the games before.
  • CandydCandyd Posts: 1,261 Member
    edited April 2017
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    No, I don't agree, because for me no open world is a problem (or rather, the way they handled it is) and no colour wheel/CASt is a huge problem for me as well. For one, objects don't go together well at all.

For me Sims 4 will always be an on the side game, nothing serious, I don't expect them to be able to fix the things that bother me most, because they're in there infinitely. That's ok, I'm just one simmer. And for people who don't have the issues with the game I have Sims 4 is there already.

Same thing. And these things, sadly, aren't fixable.
    I also wish that sims could swim in seas, lakes and rivers, but it was mentioned that it's probably not fixable either. As for functional cars, they're one of the things I want the most, but there is simply no routable space and there is no space for spawning cars, so I've given up on them.
    I do think that the Sims 4 can be improved. But these issues mentioned above will always be there in the Sims 4. Hopefully the sims 5 will be different, but it's a different topic.
    Talking about things that can be improved, I hope, concerning things that can be patched, that more trait slots will be allowed, that traits can be more easily removed and replaced, that teens will look and behave differently, that elders will have more content dedicated to them, that distant relatives as well as step-parents / step-children and in-laws will be considered as relatives as they should be, that future gameplay will allow more drama and less super happy utopian state of mind, that disasters will have long term consequences on sims' personality and emotions, and that the AI will take traits a bit more into account.
  • PegasysPegasys Posts: 1,135 Member
    edited April 2017
    Lack of open world was a very intentional design choice. Same with CASt. Because of that, it's can't be "fixed", because it is not broken--it's the way it was designed.

I'm personally not sad about it because while I think open world and CASt are cool in Sims 3, I don't find myself missing these things in Sims 4.

However things that can be "fixed" are issues like, "The game doesn't have enough depth" or "There isn't enough to do" or "There are these bugs" etc. And yes, there are definitely problems in Sims 4. I want to see the sims have more depth and more consequences. That and fixing the bugs.

• JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Donna6155 wrote: »
    All you listed are fine to me. The babies in Sims 4 look better than the ones in Sims 2 or 3.
    No way. Just, no way.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • IY20052IY20052 Posts: 324 Member
    edited April 2017
    Leave Sims 4 alone, open world and CASt were features of Sims 3. Sims 4 is diffrent and should remain. I enjoy not dealing with the horrid lag created by both rendering the CASt and an open world. And Sims 4 kids in my opinion are some of the best.
  • GoldenBuffyGoldenBuffy Posts: 4,025 Member
    Sorry, but it's not just a "feature" for Sims 3. This day and age games deserve an open world. All they have to do is fix the issue with the lag, then there would be none. But instead of actually putting the effort into that they took the easy/lazy way out and just tossed the baby out with the bathwater. And the color wheel. Seriously, you'd rather have 6,695 billion recolors of an item then having the freedom to recolor it in game instead? Wow. But hey, to each his own.
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• MissCherieMissCherie Posts: 408 Member
    Open World
    Wheel of colors
    Better baby
    Better kids
    Better teenagers
    Better senior
    Cars
    Swim in the lake
    - Cars : in TS4 it's not very possible, but just cars in garage it's already good.

If you see, finally for improve TS4 EA don't have many work. So please EA fix this. There is not need to complain always about TS4. For me it's not a argument to say ''Wheel of colors'', honestly, it's not this who's improve TS4... Now, i don't think TS4 is horrible.

Do you agree or not?

So basically you want a better game, I can agree with that.

The issue is you say you want better babies, better teens, better everything, but you do not bring any suggestions or ideas on how to improve what you feel is lacking as you are not really saying what's lacking.

What's the issue with the babies, teens, elders, etc... in your opinion? How you think it could be improved? What and how do you wish they would improve all that list?
    gCQKjq4.png
  • DecafHighDecafHigh Posts: 669 Member
    Interesting, so everyone thinks TS4 is more or less perfect then. They don't want better babies, better kids, teenagers or seniors. Nor cars or swimming or apparently anything that isn't already in the game. That's actually good to know, if TS4 is perfect just as it is then Maxis might as well stop EP/GP/SP's for it and throw everyone on TS5.
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    MissCherie wrote: »
    Open World
    Wheel of colors
    Better baby
    Better kids
    Better teenagers
    Better senior
    Cars
    Swim in the lake

Do you agree or not?

So basically you want a better game, I can agree with that.

The issue is you say you want better babies, better teens, better everything, but you do not bring any suggestions or ideas on how to improve what you feel is lacking as you are not really saying what's lacking.

What's the issue with the babies, teens, elders, etc... in your opinion? How you think it could be improved? What and how do you wish they would improve all that list?

Baby, not like an object and can wash the baby ( i don't know if it can be say :joy: ), More activities for kids, teens with curfew and be rebel.
    Lu4ERme.gif