Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

If we can't have CAW, can we at least get SAW?

By SAW, I mean Save-a-World. As in, being able to save a world like a lot to your gallery and even upload and share it. Often times, simmers make a world (especially Newcrest) according to a theme, or simply in a specific way, which they wish to use again or share, but it is a ton of effort to place all those lots again. If we could only save a world and maybe give it a new name, it would really be very useful and allow builders to share their "custom worlds" again, almost like in TS3.

Would you simmers like this? Say what you think in the comments :)

Comments

• JonnatiJonnati Posts: 5 New Member
    I would love to be able to share a world! :smiley:
  • ts1depotts1depot Posts: 1,438 Member
    edited April 2017
    That's a very clever idea! I like it! People could upload these saves with a major backstory about the history of the neighborhood, detailing all the drama going on between all the households.
    EiFlric.png
  • Louise_G0325Louise_G0325 Posts: 1,040 Member
    edited April 2017
    ts1depot wrote: »
    That's a very clever idea! I like it! People could upload these saves with a major backstory about the history of the neighborhood, detailing all the drama going on between all the households.

That's an amazing idea! It didn't even occur to me! Ah, I can already see people making wonderful Medieval towns and setting up households that hate each other, even creating Romeo and Juliet scenarios, and maybe even rivaling kingdoms :smiley: And, since gameplay can be integrated according to when it is saved and uploaded, it would also be possible to upload households in clubs, to make the backstories play out :smiley: Endless possibilities!
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,751 Member
    ts1depot wrote: »

That's an amazing idea! It didn't even occur to me! Ah, I can already see people making wonderful Medieval towns and setting up households that hate each other, even creating Romeo and Juliet scenarios, and maybe even rivaling kingdoms :smiley: And, since gameplay can be integrated according to when it is saved and uploaded, it would also be possible to upload households in clubs, to make the backstories play out :smiley: Endless possibilities!

I was able to have a R&J storyline in a modern town
    6adMCGP.gif
    MadameLee wrote: »

Hahaha, I wasn't suggesting that R&J is only applicable to Medieval times, of course. The story just seems to occur more in Historic saves when people play, I guess because that's the time it was written for. Modern-day R&J is fun too, though. I once played a R&J with Get Together's clubs: it was painter, snobby Juliet vs nature-loving, guitar-playing Romeo :)
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,751 Member
    MadameLee wrote: »

Hahaha, I wasn't suggesting that R&J is only applicable to Medieval times, of course. The story just seems to occur more in Historic saves when people play, I guess because that's the time it was written for. Modern-day R&J is fun too, though. I once played a R&J with Get Together's clubs: it was painter, snobby Juliet vs nature-loving, guitar-playing Romeo :)

well it's only a R and J story because of their families' history (all bad)
    6adMCGP.gif
  • mintycupcakemintycupcake Posts: 13,212 Member
    As someone who hates building, I really appreciate this idea. Even finding the right houses to fill up Newcrest bores me.
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    This sounds perfect. I also wish we could change the names of worlds to fit specific themes.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • samlyt22samlyt22 Posts: 527 Member
    I would so love this! I constantly start new saves and can never be bothered putting down restaurants, spas etc. when I will most likely get bored and start a new save before using them. So my poor sims never get to use a lot of pack content that comes with venues in the gallery. But if they did this I could just place all the lots once and then just save it so it's there each time I start a new save.
  • ts1depotts1depot Posts: 1,438 Member
    Make it happen, EA! ;)
    EiFlric.png
  • RexySimmerRexySimmer Posts: 171 Member
    Amazing Idea, So if somebody downloaded your world E.G Willow creek, it would replace their willow creek or would it make a duplicate Willow creek
    RexySimmer wrote: »
    Amazing Idea, So if somebody downloaded your world E.G Willow creek, it would replace their willow creek or would it make a duplicate Willow creek

It would have to replace it, like a lot from the gallery replaces the lot it is placed on :)

• TomatplanteTomatplante Posts: 2,793 Member
    I would love this! I make a new save game every 5 generations of my legacy family and transfer all my sims over. I do this to avoid the buggy mess that happens after playing the same save over a long period of time. And it's so much work to set up all the worlds again the way I want them. If I could just transfer my worlds as well as my sims via the library, or download worlds that other players have set up, it would save me so much time.
  • Okto84Okto84 Posts: 198 Member
    This would be cool! I think though, it would be really good to combine it with the ability to duplicate worlds in game.
    I love writing Backstories for households, Imagine What I could do with a WHOLE WORLD! I could get a world like Willow Creek and have everything seem good and happy, but something's brewing underneath the surface of the worn out smiles..., I know you can already write world backstories but I'd love to put them on the gallery!
    RexySimmer wrote: »
    I love writing Backstories for households, Imagine What I could do with a WHOLE WORLD! I could get a world like Willow Creek and have everything seem good and happy, but something's brewing underneath the surface of the worn out smiles..., I know you can already write world backstories but I'd love to put them on the gallery!

Ah yes it would also be really fun seeing what other people create! There are so many creative simmers out there. It would be amazing to see what they come up with :) Reading backstories is also fun, and worlds would be able to be uploaded with clubs and pre-determined relationships/skills (according to when you save it), so the backstories can actually play out :)
    Also, there are some amazing builders out there and they could completely give some of our 'boring' generic worlds a whole new feel, and style!
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Signed!

Wait, is this a petition?

Anyway, signed.
    SAW would work so well!!!
    Please like, I want to become a member, so I can start a thread about my sims family, The family have rivals in another household and a Romance from yet another household if only we had SAW...
  • TerraTerra Posts: 1,353 Member
    Wow, this is a great idea. That would be really awesome. :)
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited May 2017
    Yes, and wouldn't it be great if you could add those neighborhoods to your own save. Like having two Willow Creeks and Newcrests, and three Oasis Springs to travel between. Being able to choose different backdrops and put different houses in there. No more lack of space problem.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • geoffreypageoffreypa Posts: 355 Member
    Save game shearing has started finely. Took its time, there's a Newcrest save on mts. Jenab has a great save on her site Blythe harbor. I was just thinking I wish there were more also there's a mod that changes the names of the Worlds called ohmysims_mod_World Name Changer(which only stays in mod folder while you generate the game then you take it out). It would be great if Ea doesn't do this for us if we had a main site to post them
  • JumpingTrainsJumpingTrains Posts: 442 Member
    That sounds like a pretty cool idea :)
    Some builders I know have uploaded buildings as part of a set on the Gallery, and it would make it faster and easier for both sides if simply a world / save file could be uploaded with all the families and lots.
  • KeyenpeydeeKeyenpeydee Posts: 9,280 Member
    DEFINITELY WANT THIS
    Queen of Rap, Nicki Minaj // minajsalad
    tumblr_nijden3ooM1qb9pa3o1_500.gifv