Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sleepover Stuff Pack?

I didn't really know what to call it other than what it is.
What it is, is a stuff pack that focuses on gatherings. Now it can be a little girl gathering or a rendezvous between a couple.

Maybe more bedroom items, as well as sleep wear and underwear.
Victorian
Goth
Preppy
Girly girl
Sci-fi

In this pack a feature where girls can use a ouija board(not that I'm into using one myself, I just thought it'd be interesting) and talk to a loved one, or they can have truth or dare conversations, play board games and card games, a penalty has to be set in advance however. They can talk about boys and establish crushes.

Now that's just my idea, I'm not to serious about the idea myself, it was just something on my mind.

Comments

• librarianjanelibrarianjane Posts: 11 New Member
    I would love a sleepover pack! I think adding that as a social event for kids would be fantastic.
  • aldienaldien Posts: 7 New Member
    Great idea!
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    I would love a sleepover pack! I think adding that as a social event for kids would be fantastic.

Sorry but there have to be in family GP...
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • chelseyb887chelseyb887 Posts: 5 New Member
    I would love to have this in the sims! It's such a good idea! There could be little sleeping bags and snacks!
  • simellesimelle Posts: 149 Member
    Good idea as an expansion pack. It could work on children & teens and become a social event!
    “Fear doesn't shut you down; it wakes you up”
    tenor.gif
    Check out my youtube channel!
  • dogboy678dogboy678 Posts: 200 Member
    Yes Ouija boards would be so cool! I can only imagine the quirky sims version of it. They can call upon any ghost that they know and you can prank others by making it move. Sleeping bags would be awesome too!
  • AdanethAdaneth Posts: 45 Member
    Regardless if this comes in a Stuff Pack or maybe even the upcoming Family GP, I'd love to have stuff like that in the Sims, for it would increase the joy of playing a lot. There are, imho, not enough interactions with children, be it child and adult or child and child. When my Sim child has a friend over, nearly all they can do is talk. Other than that, the friend will play on the computer... alone. (It seems strange that all guest go to my Sims' computer anyway.)
    There need to be more interactions, other than talking. An Ouija board could be fun, as well as sitting on the floor with other Sims and playing truth or dare, card or board games. Playing board games is something I really enjoy, so it's sad that they can only play cards or llama and only on special gaming tables. When sitting together, two ore more children should be able to play with dolls. Without having a big doll house. There should be dolls or doll packages in buy mode, e.g. including doll cars, boats, benches or swimming pools. It could save space in smaller homes, where a doll house just won't fit.
    Other things fitting in this 'sleepover theme' would be pillow fights and jumping on beds and couches.

Now coming to CAS and buy mode, I totally agree, that there should be more sleepwear and bedroom furniture. Cute little babydolls, maybe even inspired by Japanese Lolita fashion, would be really nice! More nightgowns. More pjs. Maybe more underwear, for some Sims could like sleeping in their underwear! There aren't many options, so I like to see an increase for those for all ages.
    Also more bedroom-furniture-sets, similar to the one in the kid's SP. Single and double beds in modern and expensive, as well as in a romantic style, for example beds with metal frames, maybe decorated with cute (strings of) lights and pillows as well as cute floral patterns. Compatible to that: nightstands, dressers, mirrors, dressers with mirrors on the door, desks, chairs and vanity tables. I'd like for EA to add objects, which they added in one pack also to one or two other packs, to have different styles and more options, but I'm pretty confident that they won't do it for marketing reasons.
    Oh, and cutrains! A bunch of compatible bedroom courtains. That be nice^^
  • Deadtech5Deadtech5 Posts: 152 Member
    I'm on board with this. :)
    chewbacca-wink.gif
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member

Sorry but there have to be in family GP...

We don't know if sleepovers will be added to the Family GP.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    If they do a sleepover pack I want the Spin the Bottle Game from TS2 Console Version.
  • HeloNecroHeloNecro Posts: 97 Member
    edited June 2017
    Oh wow! Didn't expect so many responses. :open_mouth: Hmm. Reading your comments only jogs more ideas for this pack into my brain.

Tea parties
    building sand castles with friends
    Jungle gyms and fun houses(we only have monkey bars)
    child size dolls houses- if they're on sims they'd probably be big. I remember back in TS2 there was the kiddy oven where the child could bake.

(So far I've only been building on the young adults, and I turned off aging, though I have made kids- er one kid. I haven't played any younger sims but I'm assuming its not too interesting based off your comments<- just bought parenthood and is downloading it as we speak)

Also maybe more interactions like making popularity a thing- well we already have clubs so I suppose I shouldn't ask for more there should I? But maybe more club features could be improved upon- I don't quite know on what though. Or maybe there could be the option of identifying themselves as goths or preps and other sims being aware of that designation as well as the sim themself.

This makes me think of a Sims Social pack or just a game update that makes the sims more aware of their situations and interests?
    Some might not agree with this though, might make it too realistic.

Gift giving for parties and birthdays- when you move in you're given fruit cake but you don't really have the option to give things on the sims. I'm sure if the gift option was a thing that probably might mess up the sims who tend to carry random things around all the time, so perhaps this response of gift giving should only be done when there's a special occasion like birthday parties, christmas, promotion parties, congratulatory parties for getting a first job or engagement parties.

Or you could have a generous sim trait where the sim is always giving things... actually that's kind of similar to the good sim trait no? Nevermind.

Also what was I thinking? I was just thinking something... dang it.. what was it? Yes. Because of the gift giving option preferences could be out. Like in TS3 there was that thing where sims had a favorite food, color, type of music and stuff. If this was brought back even in addition maybe a favorite fashion style could be unlocked? Preferences don't have to be already decided, but it can be developed over time. Maybe if a sim frequently eats a certain item a number of times that will be they're designated as their favorite, the same goes to the type of music they usually listen to- as well as the color of their belongings.

I feel like just like in The Sims University, a bedroom should be designated as well, children and teens should be creative with decorating their doors and bedrooms and stuff.

Also you know if there was just a back dedicated to clothing like with the sims 2 IKEA... actually I think there was furniture in that one too, I feel like the developers aren't really that generous with hairstyles, and clothing. ._. Whenever I see the packs, I get that "it's ok" vibe from nearly all the packs. I might not like the path but I'll buy it for the new interactions, one hairstyle that really spoke to me or one fashion item. ._.

I wish that in addition to stuff packs they had fashion packs. Thinking it over it might be unreasonable of me to say this. I know that the sims probably chose one outfit from every style that is themed based off the topic of the back but... I feel like having fashion packs would satisfy more folks perhaps? The fashion pack can also be mixed styles based off the theme but also have variety instead of just a small amount of clothing and hairstyles...

Wait, I was talking about the sleepover stuff pack wasn't I? I've derailed the entire conversation.

Hmm. Can't think of anything else at the moment but. It's out there. Okay, I'm done belching out ideas. o.o come, \(0.0)/ Notice me.
    Post edited by HeloNecro on
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    No. I don't want to see this game become ALL about 'family" play time. There's a lot of other ways to play the sims aside from the white picket fence, happy kids, mundane suburbia life.
  • BrownGamerGurl1BrownGamerGurl1 Posts: 1,136 Member
    @fullspiral Wow. Interesting response. You don't have to buy a pack like this if you don't want. But to full stop say others shouldn't have it either, is taking it too far. Thats why we can all choose what to buy with our money. Thats like saying Vampires shouldnt have been added to the game, because we don't all play with them.

-- Anyway, back to the topic, I LOVESSSSSS this idea :D It sounds like SO much fun! I want sleepovers and not just sleepovers but fun sleepover activities and games. Please EA, listen up <3

• chantera89chantera89 Posts: 359 Member
    I would like sleep overs as well. I think this could be a great child,teen activity for both boys and girls. This would be great for parties right before kids or teens age up. Someone previously asked for treehouses, it would be cool to host them in treehouses too.

* not sure why this just popped up, but I miss the high school graduations at city hall *
  • cjosecjose Posts: 265 Member
    For those of you who can't wait, there's already a pack out there by a CC. Just google keywords.
  • alexa426alexa426 Posts: 54 Member
    i think it would be cool if the establish crush interaction when you click it a option to press one sim who you like and then the friends have an opinion
    > @alexa426 said:
    > i think it would be cool if the establish crush interaction when you click it a option to press one sim who you like and then the friends have an opinion

That would be so cool! Like teenagers and talk about their crushes with thier friends.
  • ZelkiiZelkii Posts: 39 Member
    In general, a game pack with new parties would be really appreciated.
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    What about including the indoor tents that have become popular for kids sleepovers?

sleepover-slumber-party-goodnight-and-sweet-dreams1.jpg
    camping-birthday-sleepover-6.jpg
    3891_508844189277729_1328336936700077207_n.jpg

Or the bigger ones that get hired for backyard sleepovers
    940.jpg
    10003091_1681990185370640_7332414435777007569_n.jpg

AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
    edited June 2017
    @Movotti YES. That is an awesome idea! Little camping tents indoors! Reminds me of the time my older sister and I would make a little tent behind our couches to play xD.

For some reason I just thought of sleeping powders, kids putting their parents to sleep or possibly being able to control them... But that stems out into the supernatural. o.o Whenever I talk it has nothing to do with the sleepover pack! >.< I'll just leave it to you guys.

Oh wait here's an idea! For the beds they could have the option to play with flashlights and tell scary stories or share secrets underbedsheets with each other?! It'd be cute. Oh.... oh... omigosh bunkbeds! Can we have bunkbeds? And canopy beds too! Double kid sized beds?

Oh hold the phone! Sleeping parties would be social events yeah! There should be the option of what kind of slumber party you want to have!

Indoor camping- you use the tents
    Normal beds
    Box beds- Kids sleep underneath empty boxes.... that's a terrible idea. Ok scrap that TT.TT
    ooo I like the flashlights idea!
  • IdeasforsimsIdeasforsims Posts: 116 Member
    I actually also had a similar idea and I was wondering if anyone has directly suggested this to EA or knows how I could contact them to suggest the concept :)
  • Bear31Bear31 Posts: 3,412 Member
    fullspiral wrote: »
    No. I don't want to see this game become ALL about 'family" play time. There's a lot of other ways to play the sims aside from the white picket fence, happy kids, mundane suburbia life.

I totally understand where you are coming from. However, Id like to see it branch into more than just a happy family-type thing. I can see it as adult sims doing that with their friends instead. Therefore making it more a plutonic thing amongst adults. Maybe the pack should become "girls night" or something.

I can see the gals kickin back with some drinks, a movie, gossiping, and doing nails/hair/makeover too.
    edited February 2018

I saw this post before but it's only now that I've even thought of responding, my brain is wired weird, don't know why I didn't notice beforehand, but what does sleepovers have to do with family? Family don't sleep over they live together. o.o It's about more interactions between kids and teenagers in general. Friends. Not family. Though family can attend. Family wasn't the focus to begin with. It's about more kids socializing.

Also bean bags. It would be nice to have bean bags for the sleepover packs, more computers, room decor, and doors of course. The interaction to bake cookies together using a kiddy oven(I think already mentioned bringing back the toy kid oven and adding child sized doll houses).

This isn't exactly sleep over pack material but I was thinking of girl scouts-boy scouts and lemonade stands. O.O Kids can make money. They got the power! Also I was thinking of the option of having kids being able to trade things with each other, I can't exactly put it into words but how cool it would be to have that one kid at school who's selling a bunch of random stuff in a trench coat?(anyone ever watched Recess or That's so Raven? Where Cory was smuggling soda in the milk boxes?- was it even Cory? I forget.)- sadly you can't go to school with the kids but there should at least be one of that choice prompting things right?

Kids with the genius trait could make machines- like vending machines and sell things on the lot to earn money... I think I'm reaching too far. I'll stop.

This could help out poor families. Also let children be able to play instruments other than the violin. o.o For the love of Sims games.
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,748 Member
    HeloNecro wrote: »

I saw this post before but it's only now that I've even thought of responding, my brain is wired weird, don't know why I didn't notice beforehand, but what does sleepovers have to do with family? Family don't sleep over they live together. o.o It's about more interactions between kids and teenagers in general. Friends. Not family. Though family can attend. Family wasn't the focus to begin with. It's about more kids socializing.

Also bean bags. It would be nice to have bean bags for the sleepover packs, more computers, room decor, and doors of course. The interaction to bake cookies together using a kiddy oven(I think already mentioned bringing back the toy kid oven and adding child sized doll houses).

This isn't exactly sleep over pack material but I was thinking of girl scouts-boy scouts and lemonade stands. O.O Kids can make money. They got the power! Also I was thinking of the option of having kids being able to trade things with each other, I can't exactly put it into words but how cool it would be to have that one kid at school who's selling a bunch of random stuff in a trench coat?(anyone ever watched Recess or That's so Raven? Where Cory was smuggling soda in the milk boxes?- was it even Cory? I forget.)- sadly you can't go to school with the kids but there should at least be one of that choice prompting things right?

Kids with the genius trait could make machines- like vending machines and sell things on the lot to earn money... I think I'm reaching too far. I'll stop.

This could help out poor families. Also let children be able to play instruments other than the violin. o.o For the love of Sims games.

I wouldn't mind girl/boy scouts but ONLY if teens can also be part of G/B scouts. And also if adults can be leaders of B/G scouts..
    6adMCGP.gif