Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Hot Date-style shopping pack?

I would like to see shopping done in the style of what we had in Hot Date, in which you had to go to a special store to get exclusive clothing and items (rather than just opening build/buy mode or the dresser). Some ideas:

Fashion-oriented traits and aspirations:
  1. Fashionista
  2. Clothes horse
  3. Shopaholic
  4. Fashion Maven

Clothing stores:
  1. High end luxury store that sells very glamorous clothing, like tuxedos with cummerbunds, tiaras, ball gowns, etc.
  2. Urban Outfitters-type store (hipster type stuff)
  3. Land's End type store
  4. Hip hop/urban store
  5. Street style--Harajuku, punk, goth, skater
  6. Victoria's Secret-type store (but for both men and women)--sexy, romantic lingerie
  7. Kid's clothing store

Decor stores:
  1. Country living/rustic
  2. Shabby chic/flea market type stuff
  3. Spencer's Gift-type novelty decor store--lava lamps, blacklight posters, inflatable furniture, beaded curtains
  4. IKEA-type store (Swedish furniture)
  5. High end--glitzy high end, Italian style decor
  6. World Adventures/National Geographic--Asian, African, Latin-American, world maps, globes, nautical, steam trunks

Vendors
  1. Gift shop--snow globes, stuffed animals, candy, helium balloons, gift baskets
  2. Food--pretzels, ice cream, etc.

Venue:
  1. Mall, in which a stall is dedicated to one of these -or-
  2. Pedestrian mall

Store Objects
  1. Combo mirror/fitting room, just like in Hot Date, where sims could try out outfits before buying

New activities:
  1. Shopping via internet, but with a mock website that shows up onscreen (doesn't have to be elaborate)

So, what do you think?

EiFlric.png

Comments

• Sims4Obsessed55Sims4Obsessed55 Posts: 93 Member
    Same here! Anything to make the game more realistic!
  • koalasimskoalasims Posts: 76 Member
    Yes!! I miss so many elements from Hot Date, it feels so long ago too haha. I really liked being able to give gifts, and go shopping... shenanigans while trying on clothes hahahaha :)
  • ts1depotts1depot Posts: 1,438 Member
    edited April 2017
    Same here! Anything to make the game more realistic!

It's not so much about making the game "more realistic" but bringing back a fun element from TS1 that many of us miss.
    koalasims wrote: »
    Yes!! I miss so many elements from Hot Date, it feels so long ago too haha. I really liked being able to give gifts, and go shopping... shenanigans while trying on clothes hahahaha :)

And let's not forget the snooty NPCs that would rock back and forth on their heels with their arms behind their backs at the high end stores, lol. I think that if this were brought back, they should be even snootier.
    EiFlric.png
  • HarlowandMeHarlowandMe Posts: 231 Member
    ts1depot wrote: »
    I would like to see shopping done in the style of what we had in Hot Date, in which you had to go to a special store to get exclusive clothing and items (rather than just opening build/buy mode or the dresser). Some ideas:

1. Fashionista
    2. Clothes horse
    3. Shopaholic
    4. Fashion Maven

I especially love your ideas on Fashion Traits and aspirations :)) It would go great with a Fashion Career, If they add it:)) I really want a fashion Career where

- Fashion Designer and Jewelry designer, Shoe Designer and Model Career. I would love if my sims could create different fabrics, and sew their own creations, where you could actually design the clothes and accessories,shoes your self. Maybe in your sims wardrobe they can add a spot for your sims to have clothing accessories. . I would also love if the Sims 4 Gurus could add the option for purses and backpacks, and coats, and sweaters so you wouldn't want to go to the mods, and to be able to design them yourself. For the jewelry designer they could go collect crystals, or buy crystals, and stones. And chisel them into different jewelry. They can design engagement rings, Anniversary jewelry, and I am sorry jewelry, best friend necklaces and bracelets. Or club jewelry, and High school, colleges graduation rings. They can add a bunch of new tools, Like sewing needles, fabric machine, knitting, embroidery machines, and a sewing box, and even different patterns, and pin cushions, shoe making tools,measuring tapes, and mannequin form with the option of designing right on it, You could gain all kinds of skills and more game play. When you create new clothes, and jewelry instead of it being done instantly, after you design it, it could take a long time to make it. Depending on what kind of item you are making.
  • ts1depotts1depot Posts: 1,438 Member
    I especially love your ideas on Fashion Traits and aspirations :)) It would go great with a Fashion Career, If they add it:)) I really want a fashion Career where

- Fashion Designer and Jewelry designer, Shoe Designer and Model Career. I would love if my sims could create different fabrics, and sew their own creations, where you could actually design the clothes and accessories,shoes your self. Maybe in your sims wardrobe they can add a spot for your sims to have clothing accessories.

I would also love if the Sims 4 Gurus could add the option for purses and backpacks, and coats, and sweaters so you wouldn't want to go to the mods, and to be able to design them yourself. For the jewelry designer they could go collect crystals, or buy crystals, and stones. And chisel them into different jewelry. They can design engagement rings, Anniversary jewelry, and I am sorry jewelry, best friend necklaces and bracelets. Or club jewelry, and High school, colleges graduation rings. They can add a bunch of new tools, Like sewing needles, fabric machine, knitting, embroidery machines, and a sewing box, and even different patterns, and pin cushions, shoe making tools,measuring tapes, and mannequin form with the option of designing right on it, You could gain all kinds of skills and more game play. When you create new clothes, and jewelry instead of it being done instantly, after you design it, it could take a long time to make it. Depending on what kind of item you are making.

These are all great ideas. I was thinking how awesome it could be if we had arts and crafts like this in the game. What would be cute is if there was an online site like Etsy where your sim could put their jewelry, knits, etc up for sale.
    EiFlric.png
  • HarlowandMeHarlowandMe Posts: 231 Member

These are all great ideas. I was thinking how awesome it could be if we had arts and crafts like this in the game. What would be cute is if there was an online site like Etsy where your sim could put their jewelry, knits, etc up for sale. [/quote]

Oh I would love that:)) I would love if they fleshed out all the different hobbies, It would be so cool if there was a site like Etsy on there:))
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    ts1depot wrote: »

1. Fashionista
    2. Clothes horse
    3. Shopaholic
    4. Fashion Maven

Clothing stores:
    1. High end luxury store that sells very glamorous clothing, like tuxedos with cummerbunds, tiaras, ball gowns, etc.
    2. Urban Outfitters-type store (hipster type stuff)
    3. Land's End type store
    4. Hip hop/urban store
    5. Street style--Harajuku, punk, goth, skater
    6. Victoria's Secret-type store (but for both men and women)--sexy, romantic lingerie
    7. Kid's clothing store

Decor stores:
    1. Country living/rustic
    2. Shabby chic/flea market type stuff
    3. Spencer's Gift-type novelty decor store--lava lamps, blacklight posters, inflatable furniture, beaded curtains
    4. IKEA-type store (Swedish furniture)
    5. High end--glitzy high end, Italian style decor
    6. World Adventures/National Geographic--Asian, African, Latin-American, world maps, globes, nautical, steam trunks

Vendors
    1. Gift shop--snow globes, stuffed animals, candy, helium balloons, gift baskets
    2. Food--pretzels, ice cream, etc.

Venue:
    1. Mall, in which a stall is dedicated to one of these -or-
    2. Pedestrian mall

Store Objects
    1. Combo mirror/fitting room, just like in Hot Date, where sims could try out outfits before buying

New activities:
    1. Shopping via internet, but with a mock website that shows up onscreen (doesn't have to be elaborate)

So, what do you think?

As long as you could buy the stuff for your date like we could in TS1.