Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Swimming Stuff Pack For The Sims 4!

Hey y'all! So I had an idea for a new stuff pack for the sims 4 focused on swimming. It would be quite a large stuff pack and may be better suited as a game pack. This is what it would include:

Overview
Ever noticed how boring your swimming pool is? Does your child sim long for a slide? Does your toddler want to splash in the shallows? Do you think that a functional pool float would be awesome? If you do then this is the pack for you! Get prepared for the best swimming pool in town with the Sims 4 Pool Party Stuff!

Create a sim
In create a sim you will find a handful of cool swimming gear. From goggles to sunglasses, the accessories will suite any sim. Children can rock a cute bikini and adults can look good in a range of swimsuits. Does your toddler want to join in? Well now they can with a small range of swimwear suitable for a little child. The overall theme for clothes is sporty and suitable with a splash of colour.

Build mode
In this pack you will find most of the stuff in build mode. A wide selection of chairs and tables will make your poolside area look better and several new pool waters will look great. There will also be a range of functional pool items which can be used by children and up:

Diving boards - Two new diving boards will steal the spotlight in this pack. First of all is the plank, a small diving board that can be used by toddlers with maxed out movement skill. Children will use this one too but may get a moodlet saying that they think it's 'tame'. The second diving board is a multi level one consisting of 3 levels which your sim can choose from, a perfect addition to your community pool.

Slides - Several new slides will make your pool experience better. Number 1 is the small, playground slide which kids will enjoy using. Adults, however, run a high risk of getting stuck! The second slide is a bit bigger and is also a tunnel slide. At night it lights up with LED lights that flash in different colours. Slide number 3 is a bumpy slide with jets of water going down it. The 4th slide is the biggest one and takes up a lot of room. It is both a tunnel and open air slide with lights and water jets and fountains. This one can make sims feel tense just by standing by it. All of the above slides can be used by any aged sim except for toddlers. Don't let them miss out though! The brand new toddler slide will keep them entertained by putting it by the toddler pool (more on that later), only toddlers can use it though!

Fountains - Sims can now play in fountains! You can pick from a wide range of pool fountains (a new category) which can go in and out of pools. Sims can either play in them (any age can do these interactions), dance in them, change their colour, sit on them, watch them or try and drink from them! The water doesn't taste very nice though and will make your sim uncomfortable!

Floats - Pool floats are a new addition. From pool noodles to rubber rings (even inflatable drink holders!) your sim can enjoy a wide range of pool floats! These only work when placed in water. Sims can select a pool noodle or float if they are a child (or toddler with maxed out movement skill) and select 'learn to swim with'. With a rubber ring sims can select 'relax'.

Toys - Child and toddler sims can now play with pool toys! Why not set up a game of pool volleyball or use the new pool basketball hoop? Play catch with the new beach ball or just splash around with your rubber ducks!

Pool depth - A bigger feature in this pack is customisable pool depth. You can drag a pool that you have placed like you would with a roof in the sims 4. Depending on how deep you have made your pool you can use it in different ways. Shallow pools can be 'splashed in' and deeper pools can be swam in. Your pool can start shallow and turn deeper.

Gameplay
Over 100 new interactions will be available in this pack! The main ones are:

Learning to swim - A child sim can be taught to swim by and adult or using a pool noodle. Your child sim will start off in the shallows and get better as their swimming skill maxes out. Eventually they will be swimming on their own!

Swimming skill - A new skill will be the swimming skill for all ages except for toddlers (who have movement skill). Swimming sims will start of struggling and going underwater until they max out this skill at level 10. Swimming skill will unlock new pool interactions such as jumping into the pool, backstroke, doggy paddle, breaststroke, water cartwheel, water handstand, swim underwater and a bunch more.

Diving skill - This skill only goes up to level 5. All sims start off rubbish at diving and eventually get better. They unlock new dives and with a maxed out skill they can take part in diving competitions! (same with swimming skills)

Toddlers - Toddlers can now go into pools! Toddlers will get better at swimming as their movement skill gets better. All toddlers will start off in the shallow end or in the new inflatable kiddie pool. As they progress they can begin to swim in the deep end of pools without help or using the pool noodle. Toddlers can also 'play in pools'. They look so cute when they swim!

Conclusion
This is a pack I would love to see in the sims 4 very soon. If you guys like it or have any ideas for it please comment down below, I'll love reading your ideas! I love taking my sims swimming and with this pack I would do it way more. Thank you guys so much for reading this far and I'll see y'all next time, happy simming! :)

Comments

• Options
    FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    I agree, but I would rather have a kiddie pool for toddlers! :)
    small-kiddie-pool-with-baby.jpg
    a256aFi.gif
  • Options
    Sims4Obsessed55Sims4Obsessed55 Posts: 93 Member
    I agree, but I would rather have a kiddie pool for toddlers! :)
    small-kiddie-pool-with-baby.jpg

Hello!
    For toddlers they would probably have both a kiddie pool and the normal pool, thank you for letting me know and I'm glad you like the SP idea!

Happy simming :)
  • Options
    nessatay1920nessatay1920 Posts: 459 Member
    Hey y'all! So I had an idea for a new stuff pack for the sims 4 focused on swimming. It would be quite a large stuff pack and may be better suited as a game pack. This is what it would include:

Overview
    Ever noticed how boring your swimming pool is? Does your child sim long for a slide? Does your toddler want to splash in the shallows? Do you think that a functional pool float would be awesome? If you do then this is the pack for you! Get prepared for the best swimming pool in town with the Sims 4 Pool Party Stuff!

Create a sim
    In create a sim you will find a handful of cool swimming gear. From goggles to sunglasses, the accessories will suite any sim. Children can rock a cute bikini and adults can look good in a range of swimsuits. Does your toddler want to join in? Well now they can with a small range of swimwear suitable for a little child. The overall theme for clothes is sporty and suitable with a splash of colour.

Build mode
    In this pack you will find most of the stuff in build mode. A wide selection of chairs and tables will make your poolside area look better and several new pool waters will look great. There will also be a range of functional pool items which can be used by children and up:

Diving boards - Two new diving boards will steal the spotlight in this pack. First of all is the plank, a small diving board that can be used by toddlers with maxed out movement skill. Children will use this one too but may get a moodlet saying that they think it's 'tame'. The second diving board is a multi level one consisting of 3 levels which your sim can choose from, a perfect addition to your community pool.

Slides - Several new slides will make your pool experience better. Number 1 is the small, playground slide which kids will enjoy using. Adults, however, run a high risk of getting stuck! The second slide is a bit bigger and is also a tunnel slide. At night it lights up with LED lights that flash in different colours. Slide number 3 is a bumpy slide with jets of water going down it. The 4th slide is the biggest one and takes up a lot of room. It is both a tunnel and open air slide with lights and water jets and fountains. This one can make sims feel tense just by standing by it. All of the above slides can be used by any aged sim except for toddlers. Don't let them miss out though! The brand new toddler slide will keep them entertained by putting it by the toddler pool (more on that later), only toddlers can use it though!

Fountains - Sims can now play in fountains! You can pick from a wide range of pool fountains (a new category) which can go in and out of pools. Sims can either play in them (any age can do these interactions), dance in them, change their colour, sit on them, watch them or try and drink from them! The water doesn't taste very nice though and will make your sim uncomfortable!

Floats - Pool floats are a new addition. From pool noodles to rubber rings (even inflatable drink holders!) your sim can enjoy a wide range of pool floats! These only work when placed in water. Sims can select a pool noodle or float if they are a child (or toddler with maxed out movement skill) and select 'learn to swim with'. With a rubber ring sims can select 'relax'.

Toys - Child and toddler sims can now play with pool toys! Why not set up a game of pool volleyball or use the new pool basketball hoop? Play catch with the new beach ball or just splash around with your rubber ducks!

Pool depth - A bigger feature in this pack is customisable pool depth. You can drag a pool that you have placed like you would with a roof in the sims 4. Depending on how deep you have made your pool you can use it in different ways. Shallow pools can be 'splashed in' and deeper pools can be swam in. Your pool can start shallow and turn deeper.

Gameplay
    Over 100 new interactions will be available in this pack! The main ones are:

Learning to swim - A child sim can be taught to swim by and adult or using a pool noodle. Your child sim will start off in the shallows and get better as their swimming skill maxes out. Eventually they will be swimming on their own!

Swimming skill - A new skill will be the swimming skill for all ages except for toddlers (who have movement skill). Swimming sims will start of struggling and going underwater until they max out this skill at level 10. Swimming skill will unlock new pool interactions such as jumping into the pool, backstroke, doggy paddle, breaststroke, water cartwheel, water handstand, swim underwater and a bunch more.

Diving skill - This skill only goes up to level 5. All sims start off rubbish at diving and eventually get better. They unlock new dives and with a maxed out skill they can take part in diving competitions! (same with swimming skills)

Toddlers - Toddlers can now go into pools! Toddlers will get better at swimming as their movement skill gets better. All toddlers will start off in the shallow end or in the new inflatable kiddie pool. As they progress they can begin to swim in the deep end of pools without help or using the pool noodle. Toddlers can also 'play in pools'. They look so cute when they swim!

Conclusion
    This is a pack I would love to see in the sims 4 very soon. If you guys like it or have any ideas for it please comment down below, I'll love reading your ideas! I love taking my sims swimming and with this pack I would do it way more. Thank you guys so much for reading this far and I'll see y'all next time, happy simming! :)
    Love this idea!
  • Options
    ShadyLady89ShadyLady89 Posts: 908 Member
    Absolutely want this. Pools are so boring right now. And yet all my sims seem to want one, even if they don't have room on their lot.
    Origin: ShadyLady1989 | please feel free to add/friend me!
    Sims 4 Blog
    Don't feed trolls. Do feed cowplants.
  • Options
    Thank you! :)

• Options
    Absolutely want this. Pools are so boring right now. And yet all my sims seem to want one, even if they don't have room on their lot.

Same here! I really hope that EA see this :)
  • Options
    Sonia016Sonia016 Posts: 482 Member
    You may want to add in some nice pool lounger chair where sim can relax or chat after a good swim :) I like your ideas.

The Sims Game
  • Options
    LilyCrossLilyCross Posts: 10 New Member
    I support your idea! And yet, it would be great to be able Sims to swim in the sea or ocean!
  • Options
    Sonia016 wrote: »
    You may want to add in some nice pool lounger chair where sim can relax or chat after a good swim :) I like your ideas.

Oh yes, I totally forgot those! Thank you :)
  • Options
    LilyCross wrote: »
    I support your idea! And yet, it would be great to be able Sims to swim in the sea or ocean!

I know, I loved that feature in the sims 3 :)
  • Options
    MierinSedai21MierinSedai21 Posts: 14 New Member
    Wow!!! This would be so awesome! I love all of your ideas! You're so right that the pool is quite boring right now. This would also make throwing a pool party way more interesting! :smile:
  • Options
    Wow!!! This would be so awesome! I love all of your ideas! You're so right that the pool is quite boring right now. This would also make throwing a pool party way more interesting! :smile:

I know right! :)
  • Options
    cind3r3llacind3r3lla Posts: 219 Member
    I love this idea, and I would love to see this in the game! Hopefully the developers sees this :smile:
    HBRh4vc.jpg
  • Options
    AddieOliviaAddieOlivia Posts: 29 New Member
    I think this is an awesome idea. Maybe they can add a moodlet that makes you uncomfortable and its like "Crisp" or "toasty" and the description is like "_______ was out in the sun for too long. They are feeling a little sunburnt after their time outside. Apply some sunscreen next time."
  • Options
    EmmaNijiEmmaNiji Posts: 102 Member
    Love this idea! I support this! especially since summer is on the way :smile:
  • Options
    FanPhoriaFanPhoria Posts: 1,655 Member
    I was actually just thinking about something like this, and lo, someone else had too! I would love a pack like this, but I think ideally what I'd really want included would be:

New aspirations and careers! If we can only have one, I'd prefer aspirations, but I'd really like both! There could be a swimming aspiration, so we finally had a fitness aspiration other than Bodybuilder. There could be a swimming profession, with branches of Olympic Swimmer and Lifeguard. Which brings me to...

Lifeguards! Whether there's a new playable job or not, there could be NPC lifeguards! And sims with sufficient swimming skill could jump in and save a drowning sim! Maybe there could be two aspirations--a fitness swimming aspiration, and a lifeguard one. Or just combine it into one, that'd be fine too.

And if we get ocean swimming, maybe there could scuba diving! With new fun collectables to collect! And a scuba diving aspiration, that had collection and deep sea diving as goals!

Pool parties! With fun activities like using diving equipment and playing pool games!

I also like what's been mentioned already, new swim gear especially. We need cuter swim suits.

Also, kids being able to get a swimming skill once they maxed there motor would make the motor aspiration seem less lame (I still think kids should be able to build fitness, but that's another topic..)

Basically, I'm loathe to suggest another pack, since I'd rather they go ahead and fix and expand the stuff they've already put in, but I feel like this WOULD be an expansion on what's there. We already have pools and swimming, now let's make it a real part of the game!