The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

"You have posted 1 times within 240 seconds."

2...Next

Comments

• CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited April 2017
    One click has become double click and why some of us are getting these messages. You can go into one of your own replies and or posts and try to edit them. If you click to save, it will tell you that you have posted too often within and to wait, that's because it thinks you did this twice. One click is now 'doubleclick' action. If you refresh you and go to the thread (get out of edit) you will see you were able to edit it but it thought you punched that several times instead of once. Annoying!

ETA: As of today this is driving me crazy and making me make even more mistakes than I normally do worrying about if I'm going to get to edit my misspelled words etc. It is very, very frustrating and annoying. It's causing me to make even more mistakes.
    Post edited by Cinebar on
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • mastressalitamastressalita Posts: 2,874 Member
    This is driving me crazy too. I understand they don't want people to spam several brand-new posts in a row, but it is ridiculous that we can't *edit* our own posts for mistakes for 10 whole minutes! This is also making it extremely hard for moderators of large indexes, showcases, story threads, etc. in the Creative Corner community who have several "reserved" posts on the first page of their thread that they "update" through edits with new information (links to new information, builds, story chapters that come later in the thread and would be hard to find without being featured on the first page, etc) to do their job, since they have to wait 10 minutes to move on and edit another reserved post. Gurus, can you please loosen the spam filter so *editing* our own posts doesn't place the 10 minute spam-ban on us? I run a large Sim story link index (see signature) which is a Stickied resource on these forums and well respected by the community, and I simply can't do my job of updating it with this new "spam system" in place. I couldn't even update my own personal story thread, adding new links to new chapters, without getting a 10 minute spam-ban put on me... just for trying to edit my own post and add new information to it! This is very annoying and detrimental to creative content threads, not to mention everyone else who just wants to fix a typo they missed after the fact. (And let's face it, no matter how much you read over a post, that is going to happen to the best of us)

@SimGuruDrake
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
    Have a Sim story site? Please submit your link to the Stories and Legacies Index!
    Check out my Simlit at Sim Stories: Hijinks from the World of Sims 3!
    My Simlit Discussion/Updates | The Fringe | Short Story Challenges
  • Linds_the_kittyLinds_the_kitty Posts: 565 Member
    I got this yesterday, but I was utterly confused because I was just editing out some words that didn't make sense on my thread. Didn't get it today posting on threads, though.
  • Jendowoz0612Jendowoz0612 Posts: 8,212 Member
    edited April 2017
    @mastressalita and @Cinebar I found this happened when I was setting up a competition in a thread for the first time, when you needed to reserve several comment boxes in a thread like you said. I did notice though it only happened in the initial comment of a thread. The first one. When I went in to edit or add something for the second time on the same day and soon after, that is when I got that message. Did you have a similar experience or did it happen in subsequent comments?

• mastressalitamastressalita Posts: 2,874 Member
    @Jendowoz0612 : It definitely happened to me today in the opening post of my story news thread, which is where I keep the chapter listing of my work. When I post a new chapter, I update that post so the new chapters appear right there on the front post, so no one has to dig through the thread for them, and after editing the post I got the 10-minute lock-out.

I am updating my Stories and Legacies Index right now, and most of the posts I need to change data on every day I actually have just past the opening post, and so far I haven't run into the error, so maybe it is only on the very first post... Sometimes I do have to edit my opening post though, so this is still a bit of an annoyance for those of us running competitions, showcases, indexes, and story threads where we need to update our opening posts often. I really wish they would fix it. -_-;;
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
    Have a Sim story site? Please submit your link to the Stories and Legacies Index!
    Check out my Simlit at Sim Stories: Hijinks from the World of Sims 3!
    My Simlit Discussion/Updates | The Fringe | Short Story Challenges
    edited April 2017
    Yes I have found the same thing. It seems it's only happening in the opening post, which, like you say is still annoying as things come up and you need to change things. I guess the only thing we can do is plan ahead, because it only seems to happen if you try to edit a second time in the first post on the same day, and soon after the first edit.

• heatherXkittyheatherXkitty Posts: 307 Member
    Full message reads: "You have posted 1 times within 240 seconds. A spam block is now in effect on your account. You must wait at least 600 seconds before attempting to post again."

Uh, what?

So we're only allowed to make one post every 5 minutes? That's news to me.

Maybe it's because my typing speed is 60+ wpm, but I've never seen this message before. Is this a new thing, or have I just gotten lucky over the years?

Wasn't quite sure where to post, since I didn't see a board for issues like this, but feel free to move it if this is in the wrong place.

Thanks,
    -von

A couple weeks ago I had started a new discussion and immediately after posting I noticed a spelling error and fixed it right away... And got a block on my account for editing my post too quickly, aka spam... (I got the same message you have written above.) It's so dumb.
    banner_3.jpg?w=1200
  • GruffmanGruffman Posts: 4,831 Member
    I just got this too.

To be honest ... I feel offended.

I started a new thread about an issue I was having. I went in to put in a picture to show what I was having in case I what I wrote didn't make sense.

I don't consider myself a problem poster. I don't consider myself trollish on threads and harassing people. I have never been warned by a Guru or been in jail, suspended or had to make a fresh account. Now I have to deal with a 10 minute spam block because I wanted to put in a picture? Really?

You have posted 1 times within 240 seconds. A spam block is now in effect on your account. You must wait at least 600 seconds before attempting to post again.

600 seconds is ten minutes ... 10 minutes on a spam block for inserting a picture in my own thread ... I am at a loss for words.
  • lauravonawesomelauravonawesome Posts: 2,905 Member
    Gruffman wrote: »
    I just got this too.

To be honest ... I feel offended.

I started a new thread about an issue I was having. I went in to put in a picture to show what I was having in case I what I wrote didn't make sense.

I don't consider myself a problem poster. I don't consider myself trollish on threads and harassing people. I have never been warned by a Guru or been in jail, suspended or had to make a fresh account. Now I have to deal with a 10 minute spam block because I wanted to put in a picture? Really?

You have posted 1 times within 240 seconds. A spam block is now in effect on your account. You must wait at least 600 seconds before attempting to post again.

600 seconds is ten minutes ... 10 minutes on a spam block for inserting a picture in my own thread ... I am at a loss for words.

That about sums up how I felt the first time I saw that message. Like, really? One post every 5 minutes, and we can't even edit our own threads? How sad is that?

They must've had a terrible spam problem if they have to make ordinary folks feel like criminals. Humans make mistakes, and allowances should be made for this. If no one ever had to edit their posts, I'd say that would be a bigger issue.
    I own the store, as of 12/16/17!| Thank you | Friends?| DD Rotation & Sales Help

anigif_enhanced-19003-1450118526-12.gif
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Has anyone else been demoted to a 'new member' as I cannot start threads anymore?
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,912 Member
    edited May 2017
    I've had no problems so far today in spite of editing my last post. Is there anything that has been done to trigger it? ie: posting links to outside sites or pictures from external sites. Or - too many posts, answering too quickly and frequently to a thread or to a thread that has gone toxic and been closed?

OR bashing Sims 4 too much?! >:)

Edited
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    edited May 2017
    Mchap353 wrote: »
    I've had no problems so far today in spite of editing my last post. Is there anything that has been done to trigger it? ie: posting links to outside sites or pictures from external sites. Or - too many posts, answering too quickly and frequently to a thread or to a thread that has gone toxic and been closed?

Edited

I just got hit with this. I'm just editing my own posts. Sigh. But it'll let me post THIS. Just not my next edit.

UPDATE: Okay, so it ACTUALLY made my change. It just told me it didn't.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,912 Member
    edited May 2017
    Mchap353 wrote: »

Edited

I just got hit with this. I'm just editing my own posts. Sigh. But it'll let me post THIS. Just not my next edit.

UPDATE: Okay, so it ACTUALLY made my change. It just told me it didn't.

Me too! I think that I tried to edit too fast. I've just got that message but the post had been changed to show the edit. Forum's getting slow!

2nd edit. Working again?
  • nanashi-simsnanashi-sims Posts: 4,140 Member
    edited May 2017
    Park wrote: »
    From what I have been given to understand from those in here who have undergone the "jail" process, they cannot post more than once in 240 seconds.. Or 5 minutes perhaps, but i those cases, the post button yields a aystem-based advisory to that effect.

Your situation sounds rather like a glitch. I have, in the past, replied swiftly to posts, such as in the "game" threads with no warnings of this nature.

It's definitely a bug. If you edit a post, you get this as well. I already alerted @SimGuruDrake on her profile page. I reckon she'll forward this to the appropriate webadmins.

Edit: I don't think that this is a sudden restriction or meant to offend anyone. But it's probably going to take some time to fix... at least we shouldn't expect a fix outside of working hours, yeah?
    Post edited by nanashi-sims on
  • WinMacSims3WinMacSims3 Posts: 1,610 Member
    edited May 2017
    I have gotten this message. It seems The Sims Forums have gotten more restrictive compared to The Sims 3's Forums such as new Members not being allowed to post links/images or start a new thread as well as limiting the frequency you can post threads for all Members.
    Origin ID: GothicSimmer, YouTube: GothicSimmer
    edited May 2017
    It seems to only happen on the first and initial comment thread, @WinMacSims3 as the other comments you can edit as many times as necessary I've found.

• SataiDelennnSataiDelennn Posts: 1,265 Member
    lisasc360 wrote: »
    @EnkiSchmidt,
    I just now got this message when I was trying to edit my own post. Not even generating a new post, just correcting the spelling in an already existing one.

I'm not aware of ever having been jailed, but perhaps it happened and I just didn't noticed (do you get a notification if it happens?)

You would know if you were ever jailed for anything as you would have a set of jail bars showing up either over the picture or in the behind your profile picture for everyone to see plus you would get a warning by the Guru's on your jail time and how long it's suppose to last.

This link will show you what the jail bars look like when someone is jailed for something. This is a blog from the Vanilla site explaining the jailing process on the Vanilla forums.
    https://blog.vanillaforums.com/features/members-behaving-badly-warnings-reporting/

LMAO! Yeah, this is how clueless I was when I first came to these forums. I saw someone with the bars and I thought, "That's so cool! How'd they do that? I want to do that to my picture!" lol And I kept looking all over the place to figure out how I could do it and then finally contacted the person about it, and that's when they informed me they'd been "jailed" by the forums. I was like, "Oh..."
  • nanashi-simsnanashi-sims Posts: 4,140 Member
    lisasc360 wrote: »
    @EnkiSchmidt,
    I just now got this message when I was trying to edit my own post. Not even generating a new post, just correcting the spelling in an already existing one.

I'm not aware of ever having been jailed, but perhaps it happened and I just didn't noticed (do you get a notification if it happens?)

You would know if you were ever jailed for anything as you would have a set of jail bars showing up either over the picture or in the behind your profile picture for everyone to see plus you would get a warning by the Guru's on your jail time and how long it's suppose to last.

This link will show you what the jail bars look like when someone is jailed for something. This is a blog from the Vanilla site explaining the jailing process on the Vanilla forums.
    https://blog.vanillaforums.com/features/members-behaving-badly-warnings-reporting/

LMAO! Yeah, this is how clueless I was when I first came to these forums. I saw someone with the bars and I thought, "That's so cool! How'd they do that? I want to do that to my picture!" lol And I kept looking all over the place to figure out how I could do it and then finally contacted the person about it, and that's when they informed me they'd been "jailed" by the forums. I was like, "Oh..."

That actually made me LOL :joy: Awesome!
  • LuckyKittenCatLuckyKittenCat Posts: 4,640 Member
    And I thought no posting twice a minute was bad.. :joy:
    I am undead! :smiley: