Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I'm crazy lol

SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
Okay, 99,9999999% of the time, of all my life, I am a calm cookie.
But, being a woman I suffer from pms every now and then.
So... I have this old laptop, 7 years. Most of it physically isn't working anymore but it's my baby. Til pms set in.
I have to have an external keyboard for it cause the original laptop keyboard hasn't worked in years. So I was typing something on FB, completely neutral stuff but my keyboard wouldn't let me type for reason and my crazy period lady side came out and I picked up the keyboard and dropped it hard on the laptop. Unfortunately the keyboard's corner hit the screen of the laptop and that was it. My laptop's completely busted. I can't see a thing on the screen, it's all different colours and lines.
Blaaahhh!!! I'm using my mum's man's laptop which is the same age but in better condition but also not a gaming laptop. So I dunno how long I won't be able to play the Sims now. I'd buy a new laptop but not for another few months cause I gotta get my 🐸🐸🐸🐸 tooth fixed and it costs a few hubdred euros that I had saved for a new laptop.
Ugh!!!!
Periods suck! :smiley:
Sry, had to rant.
Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)

Comments

• Options
    joseandchocolatejoseandchocolate Posts: 321 Member
    Hi, what is pms?
    I think you will have a very happy simming expirience if you save up for a gaming computer and play the sims there. :)
    I remember I used to have a very old laptop as well, probably older than me, the Sims ran very laggy and horrible for me, but I still played because I was a little kid and there was nothing I could do about it. I now have a gaming computer and if I ever go back to a laptop I will rip my hair out one by one and scream
    8d90c06c58195513b2df4fb82cf0ebb5.png
    Check out my YouTube Channel http://bit.ly/2ssq3Gk
    Follow me on Twitter http://bit.ly/2sYEob0
  • Options
    MMXMMX Posts: 4,428 Member
    Hi, what is pms?
    The side effects of a woman on her period.
  • Options
    LatteCrabLatteCrab Posts: 2,935 Member
    Hi, what is pms?

I think you will have a very happy simming expirience if you save up for a gaming computer and play the sims there. :)
    I remember I used to have a very old laptop as well, probably older than me, the Sims ran very laggy and horrible for me, but I still played because I was a little kid and there was nothing I could do about it. I now have a gaming computer and if I ever go back to a laptop I will rip my hair out one by one and scream
    PMS is actually the time before a woman's period /menstrual.
    ( It can be days, or even a week or two, before the period - depending on person.)
    For many, it can be an emotional roller-coaster... :*o:)
  • Options
    joleacojoleaco Posts: 2,250 Member
    edited April 2017
    I broke my laptop screen by closing it too hard whilst in a bad mood, so I get it @Simpkin :D

What I did so I could keep on using it was buy a monitor. I also changed some settings so that the laptop would only use the monitor as the display, otherwise the laptop screen will also be on even if you can't see it. I have a new desktop now, but we still have the laptop set up as a spare computer.
    Post edited by joleaco on
    YmWXbP5.jpg?1
  • Options
    SimmerBreezeSimmerBreeze Posts: 37 Member
    Hi, what is pms?

Hey bro, it stands for Psychotic Mood Shift, hehe

• Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,596 Member
    Is PMS that bad?? XD I feel like I'm a woman on PMS when I'm horribly sick tho. Everything just makes me lose my patience when I'm ill.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • Options
    rosey1579rosey1579 Posts: 6,252 Member
    Maybe if you have a separate monitor you can attach it to the laptop. Send me a picture of that, actually, if you do it. I have a feeling it will be hilarious.

But... For the sake of beauty I'd suggest getting a new laptop, especially since it's old. Once the screen on a laptop goes, it's usually more cost effective to buy a new computer, particularly if it's old.
  • Options
    rosey1579 wrote: »
    Maybe if you have a separate monitor you can attach it to the laptop. Send me a picture of that, actually, if you do it. I have a feeling it will be hilarious.

But... For the sake of beauty I'd suggest getting a new laptop, especially since it's old. Once the screen on a laptop goes, it's usually more cost effective to buy a new computer, particularly if it's old.

With the monitor that I attached to my laptop, the cable is long enough to have the laptop on top of a small bookcase next to the desk, so all we have on the desk is the monitor, speakers and a wireless keyboard and mouse. It's actually better than before because the laptop keyboard was always a pain to use. :)
    YmWXbP5.jpg?1
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    edited April 2017
    @Simpkin Teeth come first. Might help to miss out on sweets, cakes and cola and you could save up for a new machine sooner and save on the dentist bills! :)
  • Options
    rosey1579rosey1579 Posts: 6,252 Member
    joleaco wrote: »

With the monitor that I attached to my laptop, the cable is long enough to have the laptop on top of a small bookcase next to the desk, so all we have on the desk is the monitor, speakers and a wireless keyboard and mouse. It's actually better than before because the laptop keyboard was always a pain to use. :)

But... Why not just get a tower? They're cheaper, more easily serviced, and can be very attractive. If you already have all of the other hardware, then...
  • Options
    AvaSims4080AvaSims4080 Posts: 810 Member
    I can relate so much, I hate periods.
  • Options
    joleaco wrote: »

But... Why not just get a tower? They're cheaper, more easily serviced, and can be very attractive. If you already have all of the other hardware, then...

I have a new desktop as well. The laptop is set up as a spare computer. :)
    YmWXbP5.jpg?1
  • Options
    Uzone27Uzone27 Posts: 2,808 Member
    Whoops!....
    *backs slowly out of the room and closes the door quietly. :*
  • Options
    FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    My husband and kids always knew when it was PMS time. They stayed away from me for about a week.

PMS is dangerous, very dangerous :D