Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Expanded Romance: Crushes

I originally got this idea from one of the game fixes that happened a while ago where kids were sometimes getting flirty, but children actually can have crushes, as can other sims. I know we don't have the trait system that was presented in Sims 2, but as in flirty interactions, the player can mark out who they intend their sim to "notice."

For the main sim (the one with the crush)
* It can happen for all age ranges between child to elder
* The sim with the crush can have a desire to talk about that sim to friends of family
* When in proximity to the target sim (the "crushee") the main sim can get clumsy, socially awkward, have flirty interactions (like current sims do where they pose, or do that flirty wave thing they do)
* A sim can have a crush on their own range or the next age range up: a child can have a crush on their teen babysitter, a teen can have a crush on a young adult. This would be a totally innocent interaction, nothing gross.
* When around the target sim, they can exhibit behaviors and have moodlets where they can become temporarily clumsy, dazed, self-assured (to use some of the moodlets and behaviors that already exist).
* The main sim can become jealous if the target seems to have a crush on another sim: they can become sad or angry if they witness the target sim either having a crush on or being flirty with (depending on the range) another sim.
* Friends (or siblings) can tip off the target sim - either in a positive way (whisper "Hey, I think XXX likes you") or in a negative way (for child and teen crushes, they can sing that "XXX and XXX sitting in a tree..." song, or whisper "Hey, I think XXX likes you" and snicker maliciously)
* Crushes between child sims (behaviors like pulling hair, picking on sim, teasing, giggling)

For the target sim
* The target sim may or may not be aware of the crush. They can live life as usually, or they can suspect and show signs of wonder ("I wonder if he/she likes me"), be receptive, be creeped out, or totally and completely against it
* Depending on their awareness, they can either exhibit behaviors where they will either be friendly and say hello autonomously, attempt to overhear conversations, behave in a way that makes them noticeable (particularly if they might be receptive or wondering whether the main sim has a crush)
* If the crush breaches the age gap, they can have a conversation with the main sim ranging from "maybe when you're older" to "you're just too young" to something maybe more creeped out or mean depending on the target's traits

For both
When either the crush has fizzled out, has turned into an actual relationship (teens and older) the sims can reminisce about the crush. For relationships, the conversation can lead to more "flirty" interactions (for the appropriate age groups), humor, or a form of embarrassment that is NOT like the killing kind - well, unless the reminiscer has a mean or evil trait.

Where this might fit in might be families (assuming this might bring in more realistic interactions with children and teens) or as a valentine's day pack or patch.

Comments

• HeloNecroHeloNecro Posts: 97 Member
    Yeah crushes would be nice.
  • DanniG121DanniG121 Posts: 108 Member
    I like the idea of my sims having a crush
  • Huiiie_07Huiiie_07 Posts: 1,200 Member
    I would like crushes being in the game, it always wondered me why every sim my sims flirt with end up reciprocating it :D
    Origin ID: Huiiie_07

I like to build stuff
  • chelseyb887chelseyb887 Posts: 5 New Member
    I have always pretended that my child sim had a crush on another child and it was so fun! when they grew into a teenager they then became better friends! It's such a good idea!
  • Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    I like crushes or first crushes with the new life stage Preteens/tweens
  • FreyannFreyann Posts: 66 Member
    I would love the idea of crushes. adding a one sided side of romance would make story more interesting. Maybe it could be included into a pack where we get to go to school with our children and teens. I would love to be able to pass notes to a crush or something in class. would be too cute :')
  • GoldilockGoldilock Posts: 80 Member
    If this were a petition, I'd totally sign. :D
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    Agreed. Anything with more romance in the game is an improvement. Romance is lacking right now.
  • alexkpotteralexkpotter Posts: 5 New Member
    Definitely! My Sim had a 'romantic interest' in a girl, yet he didn't make her his girlfriend straight away. They had a full romantic bar and it still said 'romantic interest'.
  • Sigma4lifeSigma4life Posts: 163 Member
    I love this idea!

It would be cute if children could give candy or cards to their crushes. Teens could offer to help their crush with homework or invite bowling so that they have a public place to drop some hints.