March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ever Have One of Those Days?

GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,294 Member
edited April 2017 in Off Topic Chat
Well, I'm having one. Hubby is out-of-state on business. I always worry I'll oversleep, since I'm taking out little grandson to and from school. I don't have a Smart Phone, and my last clock-radio died a hideous death. No alarm clock anywhere! So, I've taken to sleeping with the television on, so that when I awaken, I'll have a clue as to what time it is. Have a digital box, but the numbers are too small from me to see.

So far, the worst that's happened is that I've awakened too early. For instance, yesterday morning, I slept solidly until 3 AM. No worries. I watched my customary morning show until 5:30 AM. Got up and ground the beans for my coffee (I tend to get things ready the day before, out with the old used grounds, and add the amount of water I need). Add them to the machine and start the coffeemaker. Then I go wash up. By the time that's done, my coffee is ready for me, which generally gives me anywhere from forty-five minutes to an hour to sit, drink my first cup and finish waking up before I have to hit turbo mode.

Today, I woke up late. I scrambled out of bed, turned on the bathroom light to read the clock there, thought it read 6. Breathed a sigh of relief, only to realize I'd misread the clock. No glasses on can do that! I could hear my grown son out in the kitchen. Took another look to realize it was 7 o'clock! Made coffee and went in to have a very quick shower. Had to feed grandson, this time, as he was just waking up and my son had no time to do that before he left for work. Oi! Managed to get back on track with a sigh of thanks to the Maker and prayed I wouldn't be playing 'catch up' for the rest of the day.

That's when it hit me. As grandson and I got set to get into the car (in my first adjacent garage) I realized nobody put out the garbage. No matter, I groaned. I'll just back the car out of the garage and take the two barrels out myself. (Secretly telling myself I wouldn't be bringing them back in, like I normally try to do.) Being punished for such bad thoughts. LOL I dutifully shut off the car and the car lights (it's a 2000, lights aren't automatic). Told my grandson to sit tight and I'd be back in to take him to school. For the first time, he was worried about being late? I said, it will only take a couple of minutes, which it did. Got back into the car and tried to start it. No go. Sat for just a moment and tried again, twice more. Still no go. Shut off the lights and the radio. Tried again. No go. Sat for another moment or two and tried again. No go. Making a weird sound as I give it one more try. Told grandson you get the day off today, grandma's car isn't going to start.

Called my son to advise him why I was keeping his son at home. He said he'd call the school to let them know and that he would try to come home early to have a look at my car. Yes, he was a Chaplain's Assistant in the Army, but while he wasn't doing that, he helped another in the car pool, fixing cars. So, he learned a lot in Iraq. He made it here an hour later (takes that long to get here from his work). He got the car back into the garage. So I asked, you got it to start? He shrugged but agreed about the weird sound it was making. His diagnosis — transmission! AHHHHHHH! It's an automatic. Even I know that means money. Ca-ching, Ca-CHING.

So much for my worry of playing 'catch up' all day. I'm almost afraid to power up my game. Things like this aren't supposed to happen on one's birthday week, right? Satan, get thee behind me I've had quite enough of your tom-foolerly!

Thank you for allowing me to vent. I'm in the deep yellow zone. :open_mouth:
You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/